Erdogan, president of Turkey, declared war on Syria and said he is going to use his army to overthrow Assad

Erdogan, president of Turkey, declared war on Syria and said he is going to use his army to overthrow Assad.

This is almost immediately after the SAA claimed a significant offensive victory over Aleppo that made it seem like the war was theirs to lose.

This is not good.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/turkeys-erdogan-aims-ending-rule-cruel-assad-526478)?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh shit

Where did it go so wrong for Turkey?

The beginning.

Is this what your referring to comrade (newsweek.com/turkeys-erdogan-aims-ending-rule-cruel-assad-526478)? No, formal declaration of war from what I can see but probably about as close as we're gonna get to one.

do you have a single fact to back that up?

His goal is probably to annex northern Syria and leave the Christian and Shi'ite areas for Assad.

or
Either way, we win, lads. Today is a good day for us.

somewhere between building their entire country on an ethnonationalist genocide and forming a burgerland tier cult around Ataturk

No formal declaration of war was made; only the promise "to end the rule of the tyrant al-Assad".
To be honest, since Syria bombed Turkish troops; war was already in affect.

yes I've noticed the cult like reverance Ataturk has in Turkey and I always found it a bit strange

this tbh

How good is the turkish military anyway?

an army is only as good as its generals.
doesn't matter what they have or how many soldiers.

Turkish army may seem large on paper (as large as Iran's) but strategically i think they'd be on par with Saudi Arabia.

How is this bad?
One capitalist dictator de-throne's another. Big whoop.
Only problem I see is that Turkey might be aggressive towards YPG Forces, but Assad would certainly attack them.
The only tragedy here is the loss of life.

tbh, in total war between Assad + Kurds and T*rks, T*rks would win. Fortunately, Russia is in Syria at request as an ally. Turkey attacks Syria they are legally and technically at war with Russia right away.

you also have the post coup purge factor. so many higher ups in the military put in jail.

Ok, now I want to see how this war goes and laugh

thats also something to take into account.
the Turkish public opinion isn't favorable to a war.

Not a good time to be Greek.

Especially not a good time to be Greek and be near the time for your conscription.

and that's how you manufacture a casus belli because papa NATO asked you to.

scumbag. tool.

oh, I don't know. maybe because of the hundreds of thousands of civilians who will die if the conflict between Turkey and Syria develops past skirmishes and becomes an out and out total war with Russia and Iran involved and, depending on who pulls which strings, also Israel, the USA, and all of NATO.

oh wait I forgot, I'm apparently the only person on Holla Forums who feels bad when people die, or who wants to avoid unnecessary death. silly me. yes, you guys go back to the "accelerationism" party. cheer for every nuke that falls and every fascist that rises to power. don't let me spoil the fun

I started to get EU4 Vibes when you said that haha. You Aggressed us because we decided to invade you first and lose then you call your allies in REEEEE Fuck you we numba won.

Read Posasa

Lol, Obama's insurgent strategy failed so note NATO has to force the issue

fuck off

make your own argument. I don't have Posasa here to tell him why he's wrong

Read "Roadmap to negotiations". It's pretty illuminating as to the history of the Turkish nation-state.

Well, thank God Clinton didn't win, she would have jumped on this as a way of escalating the war.

It matters a lot.

Isreal/Arab 6 day war is a pretty good argument.

hmmm you could even say that… they both matter. what a concept

I could beat Napoleon if I had 1000 guys and he had 2.

But what if Napoleon had 2 big guys against you?

that would be extremely painful

How did you interpret 'it matters a lot' to mean 'only it matters'? Fuck off.

never said that fag but stay assblasted

Then why did you condescendingly say 'they both matter' as if that contradicted what I said? Dumbass.