Shooter of the year

Which one, in your opinion, is the best shooter to come out this year? NuDoom was coasting along untouched there for a while, but with the release of Shadow Warrior 2 I'm not so sure anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

legendsworld.net/shooter/year/2016
a.pomf.cat/jmhwhb.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Halo

they are both bad games by shitty developers

or: king of the festering shitpile

Fuck off with your stupid bait.

I disagree, but, eh.

Even so, which one would you say is the best?

neither

What a shit thread, have some armor instead.

Dubs confirm

Visually, mechanically, and from an audio standpoint, you're not going to find a FPS released in 2016 more coherent than Devil Daggers

battleborn

Overwatch, easy. Its such a perfect game.

Shadow Warrior 2 has coop so probably that. Honestly it's been a shit ass year. Isn't the Space Hulk FPS by the EYE devs supposed to be out late this year? I suspect it will win by default.

That came out this year? Looks like it came out in the 90's. Not really sure if I'd count it as GOTY considering its dated look.

No casuals allowed.

The coop is pretty cool.

Nice dubs, but check mine instead.

Why would you link to my post with that message and why did you use 2 casual games for the OP if you're going to complain about casual games?

I really hope Deathwing makes the 'nuDoom and SW2 are GOTY because they're the only FPS games released this year which resemble retro-style shooters' meme disappear

Because Overwatch is the very definition of casual, and I'd love to see you beat DOOM on Ultra Nightmare.

Allow me

I had my suspicions but I'm glad to know this really is bait.

go fuck yourself.

Prove it.
So you admit DOOM is super casual and the first time it gets even remotely difficult is on the hardest setting. Thanks for proving my point for me.

Well fuck

Recommend your friends that game and see if the graphics aren't the first thing they bring up.

The kind of retardation I expect from Overwatch players. Shouldn't you be shooting at gigantic hitboxes right now?

It will be IW

DooM is better

There is still that 40k game to come out but it looks like shit

Dubs never lie.
Congratulations on accomplishing next to nothing by doing next to nothing.

Nobody said anything even remotely like this. Creating strawmen, as expected from an Overwatch-hater.
Its amazing how angry casuals like you get over a hardcore game like Overwatch.

I'm not even going to put SW2 in the shooter category. Fuck it and that borderlands style. I want to either complete levels or fail them, not this continue where i left off bullshit.

Just remember this the next time roadhog pulls you through a wall.

You didn't play it did you.

Remember what? You didn't tell me what to remember, casual. I know Overwatch is too hardcore for you if that's what you want me to remember.

OP is retarded and a shill, prove me wrong

It's not bait, Halo is better than every shooter from the past year

Playing it now. It's almost identical.

I don't mind the style, but it's cheese.

Just admit you like the game because of the incredibly generous hitboxes.

I will prove you right instead by pointing out he's biting on pretty obvious bait.
OP is a massive faggot.

SW2 but that's not saying much

Someone hasn't played it

Melting down? You're projecting really hard aren't you? You aren't even giving criticisms anymore because you know you will just keep getting BTFO.

Its all thanks to you that we can agree that Overwatch is the shooter of the year.

Halo has never been good, and it's certainly not better than DOOM or Shadow Warrior.

Except Borderlands is an RPG and Shadow Warrior is not.

This guy gets it.

Kinda like how those hitboxes still aren't fucked up, right? lol

OP please stop

it's like watching two retards mutilate each other with machetes

He's "melting down" as he calls it, really bad.

Yeah, this Overwatch kid has enough retardation for 2 people haha!

How are you even trying to hide from this?

Shadow Warrior 2 is awful. It fails as a FPS because of how slow paced the game is, the bloated HP pools for enemies, and the poor gunplay. It fails as a ARPG too, because the loot is just boring stats to slap onto your pre-made guns and the rpg elements are severely lacking.

Gee you wrote a post saying ">he's still going" so now I have to keep posting and reply to you! I have to acknowledge your existence! Its almost like you're just making a fool of yourself for attention!

also shadow warrior 2 it's better than nuDoom, that's not saying much anyways

He's almost as bad as the guard in Dishonored who told me I couldn't go upstairs and then after walking around lost for a couple of hours I was told that I had to go upstairs!

THE GUARD HAD TOLD ME I COULDN'T GO UP THERE WHY WOULD THE GAME BE LIKE THAT?!

Really? Go play some Call of Duty and then tell me this game is slow paced.
I want to 1 shot everything!
What?! The gunplay is probably the most satisfying aspect. Did we play the same game?

Well I haven't played SW2 but Doom was pretty damn fun, and almost all shooters nowadays are cover shooter garbage so I'll say Doom 2016.

Shadow Warrior 2 is goty for how sizzlingly asshurt it makes people. Haven't even played it, but I'll definitely say it's good if this is what it does.

You know, I actually like shadow warrior. It has many, many flaws (loot/upgrade system, shit story, too many cutscenes, terrible level design, terrible "humor", respawn system). But I really enjoy it.

But man, are you a shill? Because that's all I'm gathering here.

Despite all its faults, nuDeus Ex 2 still wins. Let's check others: legendsworld.net/shooter/year/2016

Interesting.

I forgot about this one, coud be good.

Yes, I'm shilling 2 games from rival companies. Come on now…

nigger, vermintide released like a year ago

Shilling is done by a third party company so there's no reason why a shill like you can't shill for rival companies if you were hired for both games. I mean you're dissing Overwatch which is clearly the best shooter this year so…

Yes. Slow as shit walk speed which makes you spam shift every god damn second, tons of cutscenes that just go on and on, and like I said the bloated enemies make everything seem so slow. Oh and the Sanic 06 tier loading times really kill the pacing too.
Nice strawman faggot.
The gunplay is as shit as the first reboot. It's hardly there, guns still feel like they have no weight to them. I got the fucking double barrel shotgun and holy shit it's one of the worst shotguns i've seen in a game in a long time. The only good thing about the guns is that some have good reload animations.

Yeah, I'm just not retarded.

Every time I come back to the Dragon Mountain I am compelled to spend a good 5-10 minutes or so looking through all my weapons, seeing whether each one has more suitable upgrades I picked up from the previous run, which I have to compare BY HAND because SW2 lacks the UI to properly display comparisons between each upgrade I have equipped and have selected in my inventory, then I have to do the same for my armor, and then I need to MANUALLY assign each upgrade I don't need to JUNK if I don't want to clutter my inventory which usually comes down to fifty upgrades per run on No Pain No Gain, and then I need to sell all of that junk MANUALLY FOR EACH FUCKING TAB BECAUSE THERE'S NO FUCKING SELL ALL BUTTON FOR THE FUCKING VENDORS, and if I want to compare upgrades from vendors to the ones I have equipped right now I NEED TO FUCKING DO SO MANUALLY AGAIN
NOT ONLY IS HAVING TO MINMAX MINIMAL STATISTICAL ADVANTAGES FOR MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY NOT FUN, THE UI IS ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY FUCKING TERRIBLE AND NOT SUITED TO ANY ARPG, EVEN BLIZZARD DID A BETTER JOB WITH THE UI IN DIABLO 3. IT EVEN LACKS BASIC FUNCTIONALITY SUCH AS FILTERING AND DRAG 'N DROPPING, THE ONLY FILTERS YOU GET ARE ITEM LEVEL AND ITEM RARITY, WELL THAT'S FUCKING DANDY

ON TOP OF THE FORCED ELEMENTAL BULLSHIT WITH ENEMIES DEALING UNHEALABLE DoT DEBUFFS JUST L:IKE WHAT ANY GOOD FIRST PERSON SLASHY GAME NEEDS, BUILD VARIETY IS A FUCKING JOKE BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS HAVE A WEAPON READY FOR ANY ELEMENT, BUT WEAPONS AGAIN REALLY COME DOWN TO THEIR DPS AND ELEMENTAL DAMAGE, ON TOP OF WHATEVER ADDITIONAL BONUSES THEY HAPPEN TO GIVE YOU

THERE'S NO FUCKING BUILD VARIETY TO SPEAK OF CONSIDERING YOU CAN WIELD EIGHT WEAPON AT A TIME EACH DOING THEIR OWN ROLE WITH SKILL UPGRADES NOT REALLY BEING GAMECHANGING TO YOUR PLAYSTYLE AS THEY'RE MOSTLY PASSIVE UPGRADES, YOU GET MOST SPECIAL ABILITIES TO BEGIN WITH, SO WHAT'S THE POINT IN SPECIALIZING UNLESS YOU'RE PLAYING CO-OP

THE CHARGING FOR SPECIAL ATTACKS IS WAY TOO LONG AND POINTLESS, SUPERIOR/ELITE ENEMIES ARE JUST NOT INTERESTING TO FIGHT BECAUSE LOL HP INFLATION, AND WHILE WE ARE LEFT WITH MOVEMENT AND COMBAT WHICH ARE IN FACT AN IMPROVEMENT COMPARED TO SW1 (ASIDE FROM THE BASE MOVEMETN SPEED IN SW2 BEING FUCKING SLOW, SPRINTING BEING USELESS, AND DASHING AROUND LIKE A MADMAN IS THE ONLY VIABLE WAY TO GO FAST, PROMPTING THE QUESTION WHY YOU SHOULDN'T INCREASE YOUR MOVEMENT SPEED TO BEGIN WITH) AND ENEMIES WHICH ARE SOMEWHAT INTERESTING TO FIGHT/DODGE, IT'S LARGELY RUINED BY BLOATED HP POOLS AND DAMAGE BEING PRACTICALLY INEVITABLE. AT LEAST SW1 HAD INFINITE CHI AND HEALING TO MAKE UP FOR IT, BUT THE SAME CANNOT BE SAID IN SW2 WHERE ENEMIES REGAIN ALL THEIR HEALTH BACK ONCE YOU DIE IN NO PAIN NO GAIN, AND CHI IS LIMITED

I DON'T KNOW IF THE GAME IS ANY MORE FUN ON LOWER DIFFICULTIES WHERE I DON"T HAVE TO DEAL WITH 70% INCREASED DAMAGE TAKEN AND 95% INCREASED ENEMY HP WHICH MAKES ME ASK HOW THE FUCK FLYING WILD HOG BALANCED THIS GAME. I'M DOING EVERYTHING THE GAME ASKS OF ME TO PLAY LIKE A PRO, BUT FOR EVERY STEP FORWARD SW2 HAS TAKEN A HALF A PRESS BACKWARDS
THIS GAME IS REALLY STARTING TO BORE ME AND ALL THE SIDEQUESTS LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE THE SAME ENVIRONMENTS
HOPEFULLY THIS GAME HAS A CHARGEABLE CROSSBOW LIKE THE FIRST GAME, THAT WAS ONE OF THE FEW GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE ORIGINAL. I WILL MAKE COLUMBINE LOOK LIKE A FUCKING JOKE IF THE CROSSBOW TURNS OUT TO BE A JOKE LIKE THE FUCKING ROCKET LAUNCHERS IN THIS GAME

When there is only shit to compete with it is not hard to be a good game in the current year.
And Doom was fun. Not spectacular. Just fun.

If anything the biggest downside for at least me in Shadow Warrior 2 is that about halfway (12 hours) into the game you stop discovering new weapon and equipment upgrade types. Also the combat is super easy even on normal difficulty and i end up the majority of the fights just end up taking chip damage.
Get the feeling of "more of the same" about at that stage.

Right now in the game i upgraded from my normal revolver to the demonic revolver and just stacked it heavily with critical damage multiplier. With head shots i take down the majority of the enemies in 1-2 rounds. Use a plasma grenade launcher and the nailgun with the wood stock as secondaries.

tl;dr: Good old Mack says it best.

I think I am going to love reading this when I get back from the gym.

It's a Borderlands shit clone. Aim down sights, slow bullet sponge enemies worse than nuDoom and PROCEDURALLY GENERATED glitch levels.

Doom "wins" by being least worst in a year of exclusively bad games. Literally nothing good was released in 2016.

Does the Bazinga edition mean Duke Nukem 3D can be my shooter of the year?

nuDoom was mediocre at best and its demo actually highlighted how fucking shit the game is. I can't even bring myself to pirate the full game, that's how little I care about it.

2016 has been a horrible year, at least for FPS games. Even if nuDoom were considered the best FPS of the year that's still nothing to be proud of.

Here's a shitty webm so you don't have to give that anoying faggot any views.

a.pomf.cat/jmhwhb.webm

You're welcome.

Come to think of it was 2015 much better?

Whats with all the garbage threads?
Is it Australian prime time already?

there should be a pasta for this type of contrarian posting

Fellate a handgun

Kill yourself Todd

2015 was probably the worst year to date.

It's like 3:30am here in the eastern states. Nowhere near Ausfag prime time.

Why would you purposefully show off the worst parts of the game in your demo? That's not how you use demos to generate sales (I still believe they only did it that way in an attempt to prove that demos hurt sales).

Also nice projecting.

this
that fanboy faggot also gave a pass to fallout 4 and didnt give a pass to the witches 3 because of "muh extra step"

HAHAHA TODD!
I DID IT AGAIN HAHAHAHA

Like i said, you contrarians should just copy paste stuff, you all sound retarded, so it would at least look less embarrasing like memeposting

Are you telepathic user? If not fuck off with your wild claims. Also smart shills type like an autist with proper punctuation. Makes it harder to be spotted.

If we're talking specifically FPS I'd have to agree. I think you could probably make a fair case that it had other good releases (Underrail, for example). Still a terrible year mind.

This is really not your day, huh?

Thats not 2010 or 2013
What the fuck is going on then?
Is it a raid?

Oh look, theres that word again

Throughout all of the game for me a glitch happened where I'd keep dying over and over right after respawning, at that point the only option was to go back to the title screen.
That was the worst glitch that happened to me, but there was alot of other shit too, which makes me wonder whether the devs did any kind of Q&A or were inspired by Bethesda to not do any bug testing at all.

Because the demo is literally the begining of the game? And very contrarian faggot clearly didnt not play it on Nightmare, like the posers they are.

That Carmack Engine is also so fucked i think there would be complications trying to cut another section of the game for demoing

It's gotten to the point where I won't even take someone seriously if they can't at least use proper punctuation.

I feel like it's a newfag that just learned the word 'contrarian' or a shill that's been told to throw such words into their posts as much as possible. Oh hey look just as I finish typing up this post here he goes again with that word.

I wonder if they pay per post or by time

Specifically in terms of FPS games:

Metro 2033 (good, not great).
Singularity (average but not bad).
Bioshock 2? (arguably not an FPS but it's the best of the franchise).
The single player part of BC2? I mean it was a massive surprise given how terrible the MP was.
Quake Live (I'm grasping as straws now).

Metro:LL (inferior to 2033)
Shadow Warrior (good but not great)
Gunslinger (great for a budget game)

I don't think either year was outright terrible but neither were amazing either.

I can forgive missing full stops but capitalising the start of a sentence is a must. It's probably a sign of autism though.
I expect a shill. Notice how his punctuation has suddenly improved?

Against the pile of shit, the nuDood demo is, Shadow Warrior 2 looks like GOTY.
Also the download size of the SW2 full game is about that of the NoDood demo. Speaks volumes.

Too bad he still can't be bothered capitalizing 'i'.

You know I think we can do a nice little bit of analysis and maybe teach him how to do his job a little better.

First post here:

Second post here:

Third post here:

Fourth post here:

Yeah I also picked up on most of those points. Couldn't be assed to actually analyze it further than that though.

His posts are very strange to say the least.

Of those two, Shadow Warrior is far superior

He's probably just a retarded BR with shit taste. You can overanalyse anything into sounding like a shill. You're bumping this thread, giving more exposure to nuDoom for example. I'm (1)ing this thread, maybe I'm that guy on a proxy? Maybe we're all the same person?

I don't even fucking know anymore, I'm going back to bed.

Dood's demo is literally the worst level in the game with a weapon you'll stop using after the first two levels, only two real enemy types, boring and repetitive level design, and you're stuck glory killing often due to having so little ammo. If that's all you've played don't judge it.

user forgot he was other people as well as himself.

Dood is literally the worst game, with weapons you'll stop using after the first two levels, only 5 real enemy types, boring and repetitive level design, and you're stuck glory killing often due to having so little ammo.>>10999718

What the fuck is CodeMonkey doing to my posts?

Are you sure we're you're not having fits again?

Why can't they just make OC?

ur gey

Blockbuster games can't take risks. When a sequel or remake eventually fails nobody can be blamed (i.e. fired) because it looks like a great move on paper.

Because Bethesda fucked up massively marketing the game. The E3 demo was similar where it focused on everything wrong with the game, and /walked/. I was going to skip it based on that showing but someone gifted it to me. It turned out to be massively better than I expected. It still has a lot of problems but I can't think of a FPS I've liked more since Crisis/painkiller/stalker.

Not pictured:
YS 8
Blue Revolver
DoDonpachi Resurrection
Neon Chrome
Brigador
Butcher(Debatable because the artstyle really drags down the game)
Redout
Seraph
Rabi Ribi
Furi(debatable, you either really like it or you really hate it).

Unless you meant FPS games, in that case I have no clue. I'm still pirating SW2013 to see what the fuss is all about.

You're just going to quote this post and call every game on the list shit, aren't you?