Resident Evil 7

Everything they say about the game sounds like they're on the right path, but the stuff they actually show still looks worrying and like they really just want to ride that horror walking sim Youtube bait wave.
Latest video looks alright, at least I like the inventory system.

And still fucking nothing about REmake 2, what if they're making it in first person too?

they wouldnt dare remake 2 in first person

Gee, maybe that's because the game is evidently shit and you don't seem to have the intellect to understand that what they say about the game is just them marketing it to you which you've readily swallowed down like a good goy.

But they've said they are going back to the basics with this one, to make resident evil a horror game again.

They say that every fucking game.

Are we living in opposite world?

Does that mean they'll never get it right?

Depends what you mean by right. This looks like it might have some resource management, which should be a staple of the series, but what I liked most about RE 1-3 was its B-movie tone.

So like taking the source material seriously even though the acting and dialogue fall flat making it unintentionally hilarious?

Not gonna lie, that looked pretty good. But it's probably still gonna ruin the game with stealth sections, jumpscares and edge instead of the more subtle psychological horror of running around trying to manage ammo, health, and inventory space.

I just want to see my character.

Finally a mainline RE game with real potential and they just had to make it first person.

This is all Sony's fault.

Should've gone with the over the shoulder view, but gotta cash in on that hot new vr craze

I think you're putting a bit too much faith in Caps, there.

I don't think they will, but I wouldn't put it past them either.

They're remaking RE2 because of the success REmake had with its rerelease, so they probably view REmake as its own spinoff brand like Revelations, unaffected by whatever the mainline games try.

I'm more worried about it being co-op or something.

Have they shown any actual zombies or scary monsters yet or is it just hillbillies with super powers?

I hope they won't give Claire her ugly Rev2 face. I'm also hoping that Alyson Court will be doing her voice again. I don't know what they were thinking with Rev2.

user its PS4, do you really think Sony isn't directing them to shill the VR aspect?

I bet you good money this will just end up being the sequel condemned never got like how dead space is the sequel re4 never got. Not amazing but you like one you will like the other.

Problem is Sony -and im a ps4 owner so no bias here- is shilling the VR like its the second coming of jesus christ, we have ads in bongland where it goes "20,000 bc the slingshit, 300 bc the checkers board, 1970 videogames, 2016 THE NEW REVOLUTION BEGINS" and only neofags would fall for it, but every vr compatible game is being directed to shill a gamble that they hope will make up for sonys catastrophic losses in other departments like movies.

RE7 looks like it will be a good game but not a good resident evil, but considering 6 was just bad across the board i will take it and hope for the best.

But fucking buying vr, condemned as fine first person so is this.

Depends on the character. Story A is husband and is puzzles an combat, Story B is wife and its stealth and survival

From what ive seen in the demo it looks like this is 'itchy tasty' the game where umbrellas been dumping shit in the bayou as part of their mandtory clean up and the t virus got into these hicks and unlike re2 that made it fast just because maybe g virus sped it up her its the RE1 style that takes days.

I imagine they start manic but lucid but as the game goes on they get dumber but less easy to distract and far harder to kill.

In order to be like Condemned it must have a significant amount of content.

Combat, excuse me I meant combat.

Guess I'm not seeing half the game then.

'member when horror games had gameplay and weren't just 2spoopy hide and seek simulators? I 'member!

You havent heard about the shotgun have you?

I hope youre right user, that would be pretty dope.

Holy shit, that has to be the dumbest thing I read here today.

Why? No seriously why?

Is it that weird that I vastly prefer seeing my character's model in most games, I mean I like Doom and Shadow Warrior type stuff but in most cases I just prefer third person to first. In this case just seems like it's trying to go for the indie jumpscare market it just looks so damn generic.

It aint wrong at all user, we all love dem resident evil butts.

Why the fuck is it called Resident Evilm

I said significant not obviously scripted segments.

Over the shoulder killed the franchise

Literally every resident evil apart from the new one has been in third person. Hell Resident Evil 5 wasn't a bad game, it just wasn't remotely trying to be scary. Resident Evil 6 sucks because they tried too hard to copy other more popular but blander IPs.

Oh I guess there was one really shitty one that no one talks about that was also first person, the title was Gun Survivor, I think?

"Over the shoulder" refers not to 3rd-person in general, but a specific type of 3rd-person camera.
Camera is locked to avatar's aim, control is roughly identical to an FPS. Examples: Max Payne, Resident Evil 4-6
Camera doesn't move, or is wholly prescripted, control is unlike an FPS. Examples: Alone in the Dark, Resident Evil 1-3

Not really. Going full retard with action killed it. Re4's village segment is the gold standard of horror vidya. Everything after it made absolutely zero sense and wasn't remotely horror, with the exception of those insect monsters in the castle sewers and regenerators

Every developer who makes a game after a shit sequel says they're going back to the basics, but never actually do. That's because over here, "going back to the basics" means that they're going back to the old format of gameplay or using some classic methods of game design or game pacing.

To developers, "going back to the basics" means that they're doing the exact same thing, but it's going back to the basics because it's in a spooky house. Aesthetic fluff.

I was gonna say "I like RE5"…
but in hindsight I liked Sheva's ass. The game wrapped around it was okay, I guess.

I agree that RE7 looks like a slap in the face to old fans, but I like the Texas Chainsaw vibe the immortal hillbillies are giving off. I wouldn't blame everyone who missed the B-movie cheekiness for hating it, but I think I'll enjoy it for what it is, not what it could have been.

There's a stealth path AND an action path with different characters? Shit, that's pretty cool…

I actually thought horror games could sell me on this shit but at nearly a grand for the PSVR route… They're gonna have to try harder. A lot harder. Armored Core or ZOE harder.

It made no sense bro, you all know it's true. Why is there hundreds of religious zealots in the castle? Why is there a fucking volcano in the castle? How come once you reach the island the ganado can suddenly use firearms to kill people when they left a perfectly functional shotgun in the house Leon runs in during the village fight?

The fuck?

Oh you're absolutely right on all counts, but I still think it's the best RE. Not for the horror factor, since I'm of the opinion that games can't be scary as long as the player has power (which is why so many "horror" games just hit you with jump scares or disarm you and make you run away), but purely from a fun and varied gameplay perspective.

I know most people will probably disagree with me on what is or isn't scary, but I think as a general rule, fear (not just being momentarily startled) only works if you feel powerless.

I can already tell you're a retard.
Yep, a complete fucking retard. You never even understood what was good about Resident Evil to begin with. You had the ability to fight enemies, but you had limited resources and were better off running away most of the time. This was coupled with the setting, music, and atmosphere of generally not knowing what was around each corner or door (not talking about jump scares) was great. Making you powerless only turns the game into a mediocre piece of shit like Amnesia or Outlast. Especially in Amnesia's case since most of the time you were better off just reloading the save when you were spotted.

That's what I liked about cry of fear when I played it the other day. You weren't powerless since you had the means to fight back, but every hit you took and missed shot added to the tension from the music and the environment since you didn't know whether you would survive the next encounter.

For me, no RE is even remotely scary. Hell, I played RE when it first came out and I was 8, and 2 when I was 10, and they didn't scare me at all. I loved the fuck out of them because they were so "mature" compared to my other vidya, and I always felt like hot shit for solving the babby-tier puzzles, but no, not scary.

Cry of Fear is great, but it's another game that wasn't scary when I could just headshot everything. Webm related.

The only thing scary is the chainsaw guy (the chaser, not the retarded boss), and that's precisely because you're powerless and forced to flee.

I abhor people like you.

That's okay, I don't really like me either :^)

This franchise got LOBOTOMIZED into an amnesia clone, because teen elitists sperged about muh immershun. You will forever be remembered as the case when fans need to be IGNORED or kill the game.

First Person view ruined this game for me already, this isn't RE

I don't think any core fans of the series asked for this. I think capkike simply looked at the numbers and saw new age streambait jack-in-the-box "games" like FNAF getting those tasty shekels, so they wanted to give that genre a AAA spin with a well-known IP.

And Crapcom said: ok, let's innovate the series in the direction fans want it. An amnesia clone focused on atmosphere.

This, I heard it with RE5, 6 and both Revelations.

This is exactly how they're trying to sell you the game, since the previous one was so terrible they can't just improve on that formula, they have to do something compeltely different but by the same incompetent developers and you take the bait just because it's first person.

From what they've said and shown, there's gonna be pazzels, intricate environments, combat, inventory management and all ye olde stuff with a spookier presentation and slower pace. That would be nothing like Amnesia, the only problem is that it's first person thanks to VR cancer.

REmake was released in 2002, three years before 4.

What are you talking about, user?

The re-release the oldfags bought and newfags pretended to be interested in. The kind of faggots that infected the RE fanbase are not unlike SJWs in how awful they've been in feedback and blind defense of Capcom.

porque no los dos

Wait, wait.

Are you trying to say that sales of REmake, which is classic RE top to bottom with a facelift, is responsible for a shitty VR amnesia clone? And not the fact that Sony just so happens to be releasing the PSVR soon and is in desperate need of killer apps for it?

Come on, user.

No, you read that wrong, try again.

Wrong person. Also, I'm saying that newfags are responsible for this, because they'll guzzle Capcom's cock and don't really care for the classic games. Even though they've totally played them before. Capcom pretty much only took the fact that the newer games weren't scary because none of the newfags would straight up ask for the classic formula to return.

I know you're not but you appeared to agree with his argument.
I honestly think it has more to do with console VR coming out now more than anything else.
Well I don't know about that, whenever I see someone talking about it they're typically coming from the perspective of a long-time core fan. i don't think normalfags even care about RE.

At least there's still hope for REmake 2. Maybe it'll be like RE with a nice facelift, who knows?

That's the thing, they don't. They played some of the new ones and buy/rabidly defend new RE games like it's no ones business.

Is there any actual evidence for this or is it just the typical lunatic ramblings of the average Holla Forumsirgin? Hell, one youtuber I see being recommended on this board occasionally (GamingBrit), has praised the fuck out of RE6 and called it one of the most satisfying games of last gen. It's likely his friend HyperBitHero enjoyed it as well.

This isn't a "normalfag" problem, or them pretending to care for this series to get nerd cred, it's a people with shit taste problem.

I really don't see anyone doing that. I'm sure it happens in places like neogaf or plebbit, but I don't think that's the majority of players.

I think 7 is going to be the first game truly designed to appeal to that crowd, so we can't say the normalfags are ruining the series until we 7 how 7 plays out (and whatever comes after it).

see how 7 plays out*

jesus fuck i'm tired, time to go to sleep

Yeah and they're both fucking idiots for it. Not saying I hate HyperBit, but I don't always agree with the people I watch.

This is true, but you're both crazy if you don't think normalfags play what is Capcom's most profitable and popular franchise. Just go to the FB page and read the comments on their posts.

Re2 wasn't even that good. Everyone thought it was amazing because they compared it to the first game, which was a fucking train wreck. Everything that made it to the official release was a downgrade from the beta version, which include

And then they made REmake, one of, if not the best game in the series.

Absolutely, but the original resident evil is still a bigger mess than Yeb!'s campaign was.

Also, I forgot

I think both the old and the new RE's were shit. It was crap at horror and it was crap at action.

Nah. RE2 is the best game in the series before REmake.
Just because the Beta had some half-assed ideas in it that were never completed doesn't make it better. It was full of bugs and the environments looked like shit.

Melee weapons, in a classic RE game. It only worked for Outbreak because you could move at the same time and hand grenades were just retarded.
This is the kicker, Marvin actually had much more of a role originally and it sucks that he was sidelined. It's like you forgot that RE2 was already delayed and needed to run on N64 cartridges. You're supposed to compare the sequel to the first game anyway as long as it's a significant improvement over the original then it's not a bad game.

The original game wasn't a trainwreck either, that was the Director's Cut.