8 Chan Official RPG tier list

Hello so I said I'd make a thread about making our own official version of this but not shit. And updated for modern games That was 6+ months ago but whaterver.

So if you're interested in making a tier list for CRPG give some titles and rankings.

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

$20 says a jew made that list

Jesus fucking christ 4chan is retarded.

スカイリム。

It is good you are passionate and knowledgeable, I do agree Fo2 was more pop culture and less game focused than Fo1 and Nwn 2 had too much content removed and too much nerfing to surpass Nwn1 also the engine for 2 was inherently shitty.

So far I've decided on the font being times new Roman. Any ideas as to tiers we should have and what should be included/excluded?

I know the cuckchan list is shit it even has an MMO on it…

Lets start at the top. Should it be called 'God tier' or 'GOAT' any feedback on what should be put in there?

NWN 1 was absolute dogshit.

Instead of NWN1, you should have hordes of the underdark. I'm not really sure where though, because I haven't played 1/3rd of the games on that list.

Noted, that way it is assumed one has all expansions.

i'll second a high tier for witcher 2, that game was excellent. people were dissapointed with 3 for good reason, however it doesnt ebb into shit tier, just a drop to average.

I enjoyed it way more than Morrowind and Witcher 1, which are rated higher on that shit list. Then again I actually made use of the custom content and servers.

So I found this one that has many questionable design choices and puts some games in idiotic places but the games on there might be worth adding.

This is what I've got so far. Any to add/remove?

HotU is too high, other than that it is a good start.

Shit fam, get a real list.

Planescape: Torment isn't an RPG, it's a book with graphics. The only reason anyone cites it is they assume it must be good because everyone else said it was good. Theoretically someone actually finished it, but it remains unproven.
System Shock 2 is worse in every way than System Shock 1 except control scheme (which isn't relevant anymore as there are mods), but where is System Shock 1? Nowhere?
Neverwinter Nights 2 appearing in "God Tier" makes me think this list was randomly generated. Daggerfall is another Planescape: Torment, being included by people who I'm sure did not finish it.
Might and Magic VI shows up, but where is Might and Magic 4 & "5" which were much better? 6 is just a heavily streamlined and EXTREMELY grindy variant of Xeen but 3D. Watch someone play through Castle Darkmoor and try to say that's "God Tier".
Where is Ultima 7? How many other RPGs were so good as to have received total engine rewrites by the community?
Arena? Seriously? It's Trespasser-tier - an item of historical interest, but certainly nothing anyone should attempt to play seriously.
Don't make lists if you have no clue.

He ripped the list from 4chan, and wants to make a not-shit version.

Ignore the opinion of this faggot.

Good stuff boys, I'm going to make some instant noodles and keep working on this list.

Although misguided (he probably was annoyed with how things were tiered and didn't want to read the thread text) you did bring up a good point.

What should be done for bigger series of games? Should each box be added individually or can we type what games of the series are included if they are the same tier?

They should be treated individually. The Ultima series is a good example of why: it spans from shit tier to god tier and would have presence in each. Actually, Ultima 9 was so bad that it probably occupies a tier of its own.

Everybody knows in neo/v/ you are only allowed to play and enjoy three RPG: Deus Ex, System Shock 2 and Morrowind. Everything else is either shit tier or "anyone who has ever played this should be put down" tier.

are people still assblasted about TW3 being good?

Fallout 1 and 2 should be great tier

Fallout 3 should be average

Mass Effect 1 and 2 should be average tier

NWN1 should be great tier

is hyperlight drifter really bad?

I ask because I have not played it

I beat it like 3 ways and I think there are at least 5

I perma deathed
I ascended and I got
ended by a few different mega powers including the queen

your choices matter and you have stats and gear, it's an RPG

I guess MUH GRAFFIX still causes ass pain.

all of those games are shit

Your taste is questionable at best, OP.

"RPGs" are just where decent gameplay goes to die and be replaced with high school tier writing praised only by the near illiterate.

Here's a better list:

rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9453

The memer that made this snuck one legitimately good game into this chart. Can you find it?

The 60 fps patch made it a lot better.

Where do mmorpgs fall into all of this? :^)

god damn it is this a bait list?

In the "Absolute trash" tier you dumb dumb. :3

I would guess you're thinking of Supreme Commander, although I found it pretty blah myself. It sure doesn't belong on the same list as DA:I or Gone Homo, though. Although if that's the standard we're going by I wouldn't put DE:HR or HL2 in there either.

I thought it was pretty great

Hello, I see you are also a man of taste for Bethesda Softworks LLC video games. Personally I believe Fallout 4 is a massive improvement over Fallout 3 and should be included in the "God Tier" category.

Creator of the chart here, I can confirm that the second game in the first and third row are the only good ones

This one is much better than OP's.

This chart is garbage. OP is a faggot as usual

Dishonored 2 isn't out yet so you can't say it's shit. i just want it to be good

What ? Did all boards send representatives that approve it or something ?

It is going to be extremely easy with all the new powers they have added, just like the first dishonored

shitty troll thread

Hang on I dont think Fallout 3 is an RPG.
Its an on rails shooter like virtua cop.

what ever version 8kike makes will be irrelevant

/thread

what causes pain is 'muh consoles first", actually.

Graphism going backward was only the symptom making that clear for everybody.

A shit.

No. If you want to talk about RPGs just make a normal thread instead.

As much as I appreciate the Witcher saga, it's not a RPG at all.

Character creation =/= rpg.
Besides fixed protagonist means the story is on a different level of quality compared to games where npcs have to respond to "man/woman/dog/lizard/mage/warrior hybrid character"

The list isn't the worst ever made I guess? But just a cursory glance reveals you don't have anywhere near enough games in Average, Shit and Defunct tiers. These lists should always most useful as warnings. No-one cares about you fapping over your 'good taste.'

Holla Forums go home you're drunk.

muh nigga

Really hoping that we'll be able to get out of this CYOA era of games within my lifetime.

Even for mass effect where theres 2 options man or woman I would've preferred the game be about 1 protagonist where the game is tailored for that 1 character with more natural conversations with npcs.

Kill self :)

Good start.

It's all this 'self-insert' crap that got really popular in the 2000s. I would always prefer all the 'branching story paths' work be instead spent on gameplay.

Where's Deus Ex? Or are you keeping the whole man, man-machine, machine thing?

Shit chart OP.

While I'm not going to disagree that the chart is shit Witcher 2 and Human Revolution are still RPGs. Certainly there's a difference between a 'full' RPG (Deus Ex, PS:T) and a 'light' RPG (HR, Mass Effect) but it's not worth creating two charts to cover that.

He got it from cuckchan and wants to revise it.

These aren't RPGs

I bet you niggers sperg about wyvern/dragon thing too.

Wow, I actually agree. That game usually gets a surprising amount of praise

Ah, that makes more sense.

Half of those games are unarguably RPGs user. The other half you can make a fair case for RPG-lite.

You have so much more build options when it comes to your character in 2, if they fleshed that out in the first one more it would be pretty much on par with 2.

It still wouldnt have anywhere close in terms of story and writing, thats the main reason why kotor 2 is superior.

Maybe there should be two charts. Maybe people who are looking for RPGs want RPGs.

they're going by the official campaign.
i feel really sorry for anybody whose experience with nwn1 was the official campaign – it's nothing but sample code to take apart and build your own campaigns with.

Witcher 2 isn't even a good action RPG. The combat has too much jank to be enjoyable. The branching story paths are neat but there's really only one path that makes sense to Geralt's character.

I would tentatively guess DSIII

Then prepare for endless arguments over where to draw the line.

You wouldn't be wrong, but that's an unpopular opinion. It's bad because it's not as good as DS1.

The engine's too broken to do much with. It mostly wound up being used for RP and ERP.

Supcom? I mean I found Talos Principle enjoyable enough but it's nothing amazing. I could see why you'd stick it on there since it'd be easy for someone to read way too much into the year 1 philosophy in it and think it's a lot deeper than it was trying to be.

Not going to lie, I'm having a bit of trouble.

There is almost always one butthurt fan of one of these games every time this is posted. I approve.

what the fuck?

A good RPG must be
- Action based
- No micromanaging npc partners
- No ~le intelligent so philosophical fedora marxist story~
- Not Japanese
- Not excessively edgy (baby killing, rape, etc)
- Not Scifi
- Not procedural generated or simulation-based

I replayed Jade Empire recently and it doesn't hold up at all.

#

what does this mean? Like, action points based turn RPG? An RPG with a lot of action?

real time combat with skill and reflexes not comparing stat points

System Shock 2 really isn't that good
It's just a really clunky fps rpg with mediocre level design

It doesn't deserve to be in the same category as Deus Ex

I assume that this list is WRPG exclusive. It's still very shit list if that is the case, though, and this thread is shit as a result.

i never understood what merit the games are graded by, gameplay or story? if i were to put a game in by its gameplay then underrail belongs somewhere between god and great

What? How is Gothic 1 average-tier and where is Gothic 2? I don't see it in the god-tier list. Absolutely disgusting.

Jesus fuck.

i want whoever made that list to die

Giraffe Blowjob Clownshoes is fun.

kek seriously fuck that guy for putting new vegas so low, as well as deux ex and human revolution and like 6 other great+ recent games, old fart

RoS is high. this confuses me. as a D2 veteran fan who has an open mind, this makes me want to check it out despite the ebin lore rape

The Witcher 3?

Is there a JRPG copypasta?