So what is your opinion on the CRPG Resurrection Holla Forums?

So what is your opinion on the CRPG Resurrection Holla Forums?
Pics related have been my 3 favorite so far.

What are the first 2? I didn't like shadowrun so much, something about it rubs me wrong. Like it tries to be Thisisoedgylol except nothing about it is.

The first shadow run wasn't very good but it's DLC really helped it.
Either way Divinity original sin and Wasteland 2 are better. Especially divinity original sin.

It's funny because the first two and the new torment game are on console too.

I almost thought it was going to be a bait thread based off Obsidian shit, but OP is actually not a faggot this time.

I likeed Div:OS especially because of how cheery and self aware the game is. Combat is also fun and tactical enough with just the right mix of chaos thrown in.

I can't imagine playing a CRPG with a controller but if it works I guess there isn't anything wrong with it

I'm overall impressed with at some crpg's coming out, and the popularity of D:OS makes me optimistic about the future.

I heard wasteland 2, even after the "director's cut" is just a polished turd, never got around to playing it. Is it really so bad?

It's very dated in that it feels just like an RPG from 20 years ago.
It is a bit confusing and difficult to get into at first.
That is the main reason people don't like it.
Divinity OS for example updated and streamlined a few things so it's easier for new players to get into (Yet it's still too hard for most Holla Forumsirgins if anyone wants to post the screen caps to prove it).

I liked Dragonfall DC, Hong Kong was also okay but hub was awful. I haven't played Wasteland 2 or D:OS and don't intend to play the former and will only play the latter if I can find the pre "enhanced" edition. PoE looked great and I can't say I hated the mechanics, they were as acceptable as you can get with rtwp, but aside from Avellones crazy priest the characters were all boring or grating and the story was just plain badly conceptualised and written.

You've got to shitting me. Sure, I'd rather play either of those then say Cisquinsition but that's not much of a compliment in my book.

Divinity has fun turn based combat, fun writing and characters, a long story mode and is co-op with a buddy.
It is tied with bayo 2 for my favorite game this gen.

Too bad there isn't one as opposed to an organized dead horse beatup championship.

I assure you they're not shitting you. This is the kind of cancer that """likes crpgs""" these days.

By all means, keep playing Fallout 2 and Arcanum to the end of your days, get "True Grognard" carved into your tombstone.

It's a shallow, buggy, linear abomination built around several broken ass builds and muh co-op. Then again those hipster femynist wafflefags haven't made a half decent game since Divine Divinity.

I swear it keeps getting harder to differentiate shitbait and just plain shitters.

Did I say shit about DF or HK? No? Fuck off.

I think Underrail is the best one so far, although the writing is bland and it's a graphical eyesore, but the rest of it was great, the setting was great too.

I liked Wasteland 2 but I think they squandered a lot of the game, the ending was fucking retarded too, I love the stats/skills though, that shit was great, the writing was good in parts too, I hope Wasteland 3 turns out good.

I like the new age of CRPGs, I just hope the devs are able to polish things up on their second round.

I'm also going to plug this title as well. Copper Dreams is an upcoming stealth Cyberpunk CRPG developed by the small team behind Serpent in the Staglands.

Here's the trailer.

Hey Satan, you make a solid case there. Also don't forget about related

You got taste Satan.

That was some good shit. Shame I'll probably never get around to beating it because the end section is so bad.

What's Holla Forums's opinion on Eon Altar? Is it successful in being a couch co-op affair or is it overblown and probably tainted in some way that I don't know?

Has pretty great combat that takes strategy
Not in my experience
Nope. I can do many quests out of order and go to different locations.
is the best co-op experience in years.

I've really enjoyed the Shadowrun games with the exception of Returns.
I haven't finished any of them. I want to start over but I can never decide on a build

I'm happy that their is a market for these niche games still. Man I missed Baldur's Gate and Ice Wind Dale type games. Picked up Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition and I'm loving it so far.

So how is Sword Coast and Waste Lands 2

\

Are you playing it with a friend? It is twice as fun that way. Since the game has no DRM you can literally hand a friend your copy and you can both play.

Have you actually played it? It's a shitty Diablo clone. It has some redeeming qualities, but nowhere near enough to be a good game, and neither it is an RPG.

Thanks for the tip. Did not know that.

Why, yes, I do have a rather large hard on right now.

Are you saying divinity plays anything at all like Diablo?

That seems too harsh to me but it's an average+ game at best. I've never played the first Wasteland (I'm curious what someone who has thinks of it) but if you want that Fallout 1/2 feel then W2 has its moments, there are some good encounters, some complex quests, some nice locations but it's never amazing and is often brought down by the shoddy skill system and balancing.

The character system they used seems like a much shittier version of SPECIAL (I assume it's from the original Wasteland. It's still shit), the story is alright, even good in a few places but has some really contrived moments too, combat is fine but weapon balance is terrible (better in the DC but there are still entire weapon classes that are complete shit), some recruitable NPCs are nice but the game uses that weird hybrid system where you make 4 characters and recruit additional people along the way.

The director's cut is a joke, they improved graphics (or so they say, it's hard to notice it still looks like a budget 3d game from 10 years ago), rebalanced weapons (the balance is still pretty shit) while breaking some things: horribly shitty new barter screen, all new slowdowns in some areas (gotta love Unity), broken enemy progression and difficulty curve in some places. If you want to play it you might as well go with the DC but it's more like a big patch than a whole new improved edition of the game.

The game's alright but I feel like the pacing is complete shit. The dialogue is way too wordy as well.
Fallout 1 and 2 have far superior writing and the pacing is WAY above and beyond this. The dialogue is also nowhere near as long.

The only new Shadowrun really worth playing is Dragonfall and even that has too much of a leftist agenda for my taste.

Luckily it's the time of the year again to replay my favorite vidya.
Fallout1

I still have to play Underrail. It looks decent.
That other game looks interesting too.
Is wasteland 2 worth a play?

do you even know what CRPG stands for

Divine Divinity plays worse than Diablo. It is just tries to be like Diablo without it being too obvious.

Original Sin plays very differently from divine.

I like this OP. Most people this days thinks that any game with character sheet, dialog wheel and leveling system is role play game. Real role play games are in paper form. Those on your screen are cRPG.

Thank you OP. Now I'm going to fap.

Who's the artist, user? Don't hold out on me.

Which image search is that one?

Wasteland 2 is a mixed bag, I liked it a lot, others will tell you it's the worst thing from Kickstarter, It certainly has it's faults though, and looking ugly and running poorly are by far it's worst. I much prefer the stat and skill system to Fallouts own, and I really like the setting, I think it's better than the one in Fallout but Wasteland 2 doesn't capitalize on it anywhere near as well as Fallout did.

i think they are all lackluster, and not as good as they were back in the day

What's better about it? Separate skills for every weapon type pigeonhole every character into one weapon type for the entire game (lol can't use pistols, SMGs or shotguns with the assault rilfe skill :^) ), brute force "skill" where a max strength character can't break a wooden plank without it, horrible stat balance with intelligence even more broken than in Fallout, perks and traits slapped on at the last minute in the DC. As far as I'm concerned it's like SPECIAL, just worse, and SPECIAL is far from perfect too.

saucenao

You're the reason why crpgs are dead and will never come back.

He was comparing D:OS to DD. Go grab another coffee or something.

Let's take a look

Besides all the ones that came back of course

Of course, beside literally nothing at all. How could I forget literal nothing.