100%ing games

Which games do this well and which do it badly?

For example, I felt Yoshi's Island was a great game to 100%, since it was a good increase in challenge and required a reasonably good mastery of the game.

Donkey kong 64, or games like GTA and Assassins creed, are just massive collectathons for 100% and unlike YI just way, way overcook how much you need to collect.

Another great example of a good game to 100% is F-Zero X. The staff ghosts are brutal and again require a good mastery of the game.

Diddy kong racing though, is a shitty game to 100%. The only real additional content is mirror courses, which is lazy and boring.

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions for games I might have not played through thoroughly enough the first time. Which games did you find were great to 100%? Even if the game doesn't have a 100% completion objective within the game, suggestions of what might constitute 100% are welcome

100% in sonic adventure 2 battle . Challenging and rage inducing but great nonetheless.

Crash Bandicoot 3

-Spyro
-Crash Bandicoot
-Banjo-Kazooie (not Banjo-Tooie, fuck that buttonmashing shitfest)
-Donkey Kong Country

It's fun when games offer you bonus levels and shit for completing it. Yoshi's Island slightly disappointed me because there was no reward for 100%ing the whole game, only each world.

Metroid Prime: Hunters. By accident.

In games like DK64 being tedious I can let the tedium pass because the audience for those kind of games are clearly niche for certain individuals like me. The game is built almost entirely around collecting shit as well down the the level design.

What I hate is when games do shit like make you collect everything when the levels are entirely linear that you can't backtrack in. That way when you miss a single fucking item you have to replay the entire level. There's being difficult and wasting time because you missed that one item the devs decided needed to be hidden in the most autistic way possible. Shit like Rayman 2 and DKC3 did this and pissed me off.

How is DKC2 different from 3 then

A game that does it badly: Trials Fusion. You basically need to do every challenge on every level. No wonder almost no one (and I mean almost no one) has this achievement.

It's not just a matter of getting good. It's all the bullshit that comes with it.

Guild Wars did this perfectly for the initial campaigns. Eye of the North is pretty bad about the grind though.

Fallout NV, except for the caravan achievement.

Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls 3 were fun to 100% as well.

Caravan gets pretty easy when you start noticing patterns in the AI.

In terms of collectables not much better. But at least it's more difficult and engaging. I'm in the minority opinion with why I think that games like this are shit to 100% on.

I'm fucking terrible at games like that. I read a guide and spent 40 minutes playing that and I couldn't win once.

I'm probably just retarded.

Don't worry everyone, these threads always start out with shit taste queers

They'll go away

^
(You)

anything that doesn't require multiple playthroughs or retard backtracking

Wait what? I didn't post in this thread yet
Did someone steal my IP somehow

I've had a lot of fun with TW3. The headshot achievement is a pain as the head hitbox doesn't seem to work unless aimed from the side. I'll probably start a Deathmarch playthrough soon.

Without a doubt.
The game is easy, but playing it is tedious, probably because the rest of the game is pretty fun to play.

user that joke would be funnier if you hadn't actually posted in the thread.

I didn't know what to do at all with Caravan at first. Read a guide, followed the instructions, got the achievement very easily, and felt bad because I ruined what fun I could have had with the game.

Post your shit then homo.

I think the shittiest thing that can possibly be done for 100% is to just fill it with pointless, boring, repetitive tasks and "hidden" items which the game FUCKING TELLS YOU WHERE EACH ONE IS. Infamous Second Son is an example of this, there's maybe 3 types of sidequests and there are all really fucking boring. The locations of the collectables are all given to you and it's just fucking retarded because there's no point to mindlessly going around the map from one point to the next. It's not at all fun. I think most "open-world" games are doing this these days because some producer/publisher went fucking retarded about the fact that not everyone was 100%ing the game. I understand that having 100s of little objects hidden around the game with no indication of where they are sucks in its own way because it becomes extremely difficult to collect the last ones but there's other ways around it. A lot of games put in something where you get the locations of the collectables after you do a bunch of other shit. I think that makes sense, something that requires you to get 90-95% of the collectables and finish or get close to the end of the main story would probably work the best.

Collectathons are good when the collectables aren't just passive counters. A lot of the stars in the 3D Mario games require you to accomplish a task, the monkeys in Ape Escape all have unique AI patterns and require different items and strategies to catch, etc. Crackdown has collectables that increase your stats and Guild Wars 1 has all those abilities you can capture from enemies.

I also like long sidequest chains in JRPGs.

Ratchet and Clank

JRPGs tend to be shit when it comes to 100% completion, since many of them (especially back in the day) required strategy guides to point out fucking obscure bullshit that makes no sense.

I do like it when games focus on 100% completion via showing you different ways to play. For example, the early achievements in class updates for TF2 were basically "BTW you can do this stuff with new class weapons" which rewarded creativity or otherwise taught you to mess around with stuff.

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie were good.
Crash Bandicoot was good too, I enjoyed 100%ing Warped the most.

The worst I've ever played is FFX-2, because the 100% criterion isn't even made known. There is only one sign that you are on the right track, and it's halfway through the game.

Wario Land 3 and Banjo-Tooie were the games I fondly remembered 100%

I'm pretty sure a game that does 100% would be Pokémon XYORAS. Too easy, not too hard. DKC2 does this very well, it has SUBSTANTIAL difficulty without making it artificial. It is by far the hardest, but fairest game I've been close to 100%, but I couldn't achieve the 102%

not at all worth it

100% badly I mean.
Also, I had to look that image up on ixquick, I'm on mobile, so I didnt bother changing the filename.

Lead me to a faggot ass weaboo blog about stupid shit, Fuck tumblr.

The only redeeming quality of that game that I can remember was the multiplayer. What was the reward for getting one hundred percent?>>10995078
Just get the resources for them and bottomless box them to a character to cut down on grinding. I remember doing something like that
and only having basically enough for one type of weapon but getting each trophy with about ten minutes of menus between.

Oh, and getting %100 on Brutal Legend was a brutal pain in the ass. The game isn't very well balanced, and there are multiple achievements that require mindless grinding, and you also have to keep the game running if you get beyond 75% because you won't be able to load your save file.

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth was pretty fun to 100%; almost every challenge/character unlocked an item or something that changed the game and it's RNG nature made every run different.

Although fuck everything about Keeper; even Lost pre-mantle buff was less frustrating then that POS

I played Wario 4 ages ago and really liked it. Have considered replaying since I never played S-hard, so maybe I'll try 3 and 4 back to back.

Does 3 have difficulty levels? How does it compare to 4? I wonder if 100%ing 4 on S-hard will drive me crazy.

Goldeneye required you get amazingly good to 100% it. A game shouldn't be 100%able by just a collectathon.

Took me 550 hours to 100% absolutely everything. (achievements as well)
Loved this game.

Shame about the localisation.

Dragon Quest IX. Enough said.

Dark Souls did it well, you had to play through the game three times (NG/NG+/NG++) to get all achievements if you care about such things, and the game only got a little bit more difficult each time. From really knows how to balance challenge with fun.

I have over 500 with Dark Souls, 300 with Dark Souls II, and I'm just going past the 200 hour mark with Dark Souls III (and the new expansion comes out on the 25th).