Good indie studios thread

Are there any other good indie studios?

Studios that make nothing but walking simulators and art games don't count.

Other urls found in this thread:

psnprofiles.com/trophies/2470-Luftrausers
psnprofiles.com/trophies/2399-TxK
hitboxteam.com/designing-game-narrative
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Psyonix is breddy gud

They just publish stuff.

Devolver is just a publisher

Klei are pretty alright, Invisible Inc. and Mark of the Ninja were fun. I didn't care much for Don't Starve, though.

Icepick Lodge, if you're into weird stuff.
And whatever group made Tadpole Treble.

The group that made the brawl in the family made that

Get out.

devolver is kind of gay tbh

Relatively there are way more garbage cucked indie studios than AAA studios

If you are one those EVERY AAA GAME IS SHIT retards, you are a fucking contrarian hipster and should end yourself

AAA studios actually create trends both in gameplay and monetization.
Not all AAA studios are shit, but most are since they have and can dumb down shit for the normalfags which will eat any garbage they put out.
Try baiting harder next time.

Devolver does not make games. Adult Swim doesn't either. They both head hunt games to publish.

There's a big difference between B-games and hipster indie pixelshit made in a Starbucks in San Francisco.

I wish they would update card city nights and add multiplayer support

You're thinking of BitFinity, and like said they're the guys who made Brawl in the Family.

I mean I don't disagree with you on indies, but you're gonna have to name some GOOD AAA studios, along with their recent games.

devolver would be dead in the shitter if not for serious sam

enjoyed those indie video game films did ya?

Off to a great start, OP

Hopoo Games are rad as fuck

I enjoy seeing your butthurt and poor bait attempts

Shit publisher that releases games with glitched trophies. Fuck em

Luftrausers
Glitched trophies that are currently impossible to get.
psnprofiles.com/trophies/2470-Luftrausers

TxK
Glitched trophies that are currently impossible to get.
psnprofiles.com/trophies/2399-TxK

Serious Sam 3: BFE
Took a year to release a patch to fix trophy issues that prevented the platinum.

Hotline Miami
Glitched trophies for awhile at launch.

worship those shitty indie cliches more, maybe they'll let you give them more money if you lick the shit off of their encrusted dick from fucking you in the ass raw

Based as fuck, achievement/trophie fags such as yourself should kill themselves.
Off to Reddit you go now

This aint Neogaf son
You should be complaining about the Fatlus, Kojimbo, From and Platinumfags, now those are real cults.

no user, you are the neogaf

Those publishers/devs are good
The retards who suck their cock no matter what garbage they put out is not.
Devolver is hit and miss but they do plenty of good including financing Croteam.
Heres your last (You)
Now fuckoff

they do more bad then good, since they enable indie "devs"

Kike pls go

CTRL+F
"Wayf"
Negroes please.

The people who made Shank, Mark of the Ninja, and Don't Starve are pretty good. Also Daniel Vavra is based as fuck.

Rest in peace, noble frenchies.

Why care for trophies? How about playing the game itself?

Aww.

The fact that you both play multiplats on console and give a shit about trophies tells me everything I need to know about you as a person

The ones behind Age of Decadence and Underrail are pretty good.

NECROMANCER GAME WHEN?

kill yourself fam

literally kill yourself

In game achievements got a bad name when they were used by autismal faggots during the 360s heyday as a unit of measurement during dick waving competitions.
They're well justified in their dislike for them. Don't be a fucktard.

what happened to them?

Aleksey Abramenko made Intrusion 2. I wish the nigger would make more stuff, as that game was kick ass.

My african american peers.

mr holmes

Card City Nights is pretty rad

Sega buyout.

My fucking nignog

Endless Space 2 will be good and future titles will be shit.
This always happens after a buyout when devs get a budget mid development and finish it without corporate cocksuckers to shit on their work.

Mein Negro.

Had they not published AAMFP, Frictional Studios would probably qualify.

fuck off nerd

didn't sargon of a cuck have a necromancer game coming out or some shit, what ever happened to that?

devolver is a publisher

Fuck, you reminded me that I still have to finish spacechem and TIS-100.
And that there's fucking shenzen i/o or whatever it is called.
Shit.

As other anons have stated, Devolver is a publisher, not a studio. They did, however, fund Tomasz Waclawek, who made Ronin, which was one of my favourite games of 2015. The game wasn't quite as deep as it could have stood to have been, and it's a bit short, but it was a compact, tight experience and I enjoyed it.

He's also working on a new game, which will presumably be published by Devolver as well. He does mention the phrase "inspired by Dark Souls," but he's a slav so I'm willing to give it a pass on the quality of his other work. Vid related.

Another developer worth mentioning is Bombservice, who made the lovely Momodora games, among others. Those games are some good shit, I tell you hwat.

Re-Logic

its just another meaningless word now isn't it?

this thread is full of faggots with shit taste who don't know what they're talking about. None of these publishers or developers have done anything good.

Who cares.

Goldhawk Interactive that made Xenonauts are pretty good. They even gave the source code to part of the game's community so they could continue working on patching the game with the community edition.

bump.

I don't know if it counts cause their only game, exanima, is still early access but I like bare mettle, I really can't believe how one guy alone programmed the engine for the game. You can probably find the game easily on torrents sites or igg-games and don't worry if the last version you find is not the gog version because all of their releases are drm free.

Anyone else excited for Pyre?

Hitbox team for sure, those motherfuckers have only made two games and both of them are just about perfect for what they're trying to be. Even more surprisingly, Devil Daggers was somehow made by just one person on the team in the span of a couple months with his own engine and audio library, the dude's a fucking madman. Sure there isn't much to the game but the fact that it is as well balanced as it is with those visuals and audio is pretty crazy.

They also wrote a super good article on their website about why most games' "story" is absolutely retarded (I'm not gonna archive because they don't have ads and they aren't journos)
hitboxteam.com/designing-game-narrative

Spire is looking good too, they actually seem to have an unusually good grasp on low poly art unlike nearly everyone else that tries it