ITT: Game titles that did not explain the game itself at all whatsoever

ITT: Game titles that did not explain the game itself at all whatsoever

I think you'd get a shorter list if you looked for titles that do explain the game

"Half life" is a term that refers to how fast something decays, and is commonly used in physics. Half-Life takes place in a physics-oriented research facility that has been overrun and is rapidly collapsing, "decaying" if you will. The title is rather fitting for the game.

But it's not like the facility was always decaying. It only started after the resonance cascade.

nah it's in disrepair and they show this in the opening tram ride with the spilling toxic ooze.

And guess when the game is set.

It's a good thing that the game also starts after the resonance cascade.

I dunno, man. The facility doesn't get majorly fucked up until the resonance cascade happens, and even then, the moment the military comes in is when shit really goes downhill. Very uncharacteristic of something with a half-life

well, apart from the leaking presumably radioactive ooze, even up 'til before the resonance cascade, equipment failing, breaking in front of the player.

It's clear that the facility is in a state of disrepair.

I understand what you're saying, but it isn't characteristic of a real half-life. It would make more sense if the facility wasn't in a state of disrepair until the resonance cascade happened.

Your original argument was that the title didnt make sense because the facility wasn't "decaying" until the cascade. Make up your mind.

Are you the fucking assault rifle autistic fag from the other thread? Several people in Black Mesa state that it's a strange bad day with everything breaking down, before the test happens.

I guess you're right. And after looking at
it all makes more sense to me now. Clearly I chose a bad example.

All I can remember from the beginning is everyone bitching at Gordon for being late.

cause you cry but you're pretty far so only 4 people can hear you

DOO DOO
DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO
(DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO)
DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO
DOO DOO
DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO

what about farcry primal? the series gone so far that you scream like a caveman?

"far cry" refers to a large difference between two environments. The Far Cry series often features protagonists that start off way in over their head and have to adapt to their new surroundings, which are a "far cry" from their previous lives.

FC4 was actually a good game. Pagan min was based, amita was a bitch and you got to kill her, the stealth gameplay was satisfying, and I enjoyed the level design on the enemy outposts. It was pretty stupid but in an enjoyable way

Plus every time I play it, I'm reminded of the early days after the exodus, when GG was alive and well. Daily reminder that it came out in 2014.

Half life is how long half of the mass of atoms of is converted to another type of atom, the term decay is stupid since only with beta emissions an atom will become another atom with less protons

That being said, Half Life story is crap and nobody cared about it before Half Life 2 because that game was a benchmark piece of shit, so the story became relevant

*alpha and beta

also refers to the CryEngine

I still remember when we shitposted on its wikia page.

You sure showed him.

Half Life was a great game. So the story could bve about a nigger rushing to go to the bathroom. Nobody would fucking care.

People only pay attention to the story when the game blows like Half Life 2 did, you filthy casual piece of shit.

which refers to crytek

What were you expecting?

It was a Far Cry 3 reskin
Far Cry 4 is garbage because its an addon to 3
Even Blood Dragon or Primal are more of a sequel since they actually change the gameplay up.

3 was an alright mix of Asscreed and Far Cry 2, an all around 7/10 game.
Have you played it?
Because 4 is the exact same game as 3.

You kill a lot of pain
The environment you are in is alien enough to seem unreal

Quake doesn't work though

FC4 was good gameplay-wise

That too.

Nope, it was shit because it was exactly the same game they released 2 years before.

It was Far Cry 3 except even more fucking casual, so nope

The gun-play was absolutely godawful.

FC3 and 4 are garbage

FC3 was alright

Lol no, gunplay was trash, the AI was straight up retarded, the hunting\rpg shit was shoehorned as fuck, Ubisfot seethroguhwalls\markers\missions that can only be done one way otherwise the next waypoint wont even be triggered. The MC was one of biggest wussies in a FPS ever. The story was DUDE WEED LMAO.

Ubisfot fired most of the male developers that had any clue of what they were doing after 2.

Wont argue with that but the final package was still alright even if it was mostly filler.
At least it didnt pretend it was an RPG just like Skyrim.

Huh? That pretty well explained itself with cutscenes.

So you dont remember Ubisoft saying it was Skyrim with guns?

Oh boy, I really ought to have read the OP more closely.

MGS 5 was "good gameplay-wise" and as FC4 both games were boring as fuck with shitton of repetiton

It makes sense now because it came out half my life ago

Yeah, I do

I couldnt care less about repetition
I play S.T.A.L.K.E.R modded with CoC and Mount and Blade vanilla.
MGSV was alright but unfinished and consequently dissapointing, especially with all the fags claiming it would save videogames.

FarCry 4 is a reskin full of recycled assets from 3.

Almost any game based off of or trying to be an anime.

Fate/Stay Night
Melty Blood
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
BlazBlue
To Love: Ru Darkness
etc

Two nukes wasn't enough

Wasn't 358/2 Days' name a riddle that was solved by the time you got to the end of the game?

Actually, you're MC become the Duke of Said city in canon.

After the most cucked raped version of the story takes place more cucked than the enhanced edtion ever turned out to be.

I've never seen a team in this game

Visual Novel.
Fighting Game.

F/SN contrary to popular belief actually does make sense. The story is about Fate. The subtitle, Stay Night, is a reference to the concept of "staying" the night, or rather, holding back the darkness. Which is what you wind up doing in every one of the three routes.

To Love Ru is written "to rabu ru" in katakana which is how Japs write the word trouble, Darkness is just a subtitle.

Quake's title always annoyed the shit outta me. Was there an explanation for that name?

It's called Unreal because the game was so fucking advanced graphic wise at the time.

I guess it was supposed to be groundbreaking

Risk of Rain

That's the name of the ship you come from, you toolbag, and it's what everything has in common; it's from the Risk of Rain.

It was originally a very different game. You'd be Thor or something and pound the ground with your massive hammer causing quakes. There was even a dragon in beta, also seen in the screenshots hacked from id's FTP server.

Gaiden means "side story" right? What is Ninja Gaiden supposed to be a side story to?

I would explain it, but it would leave you quaking in your boots.

"Final" Fantasy.. 15

Dead or Alive

Can attest to this

BlazBlue is a weird one since the BlazBlue is an actual thing in the story that a bunch of people are trying to get.

Scientists discover a new dimansion or something that's home to a lovecraftian creature that wants to take over the word, the thing is code named "Quake".
Ranger must now defeat the Quake.

Wrong, it's "UES Contact Light". It even shows that name during opening cutscene. Other than the OST track names, last level name and difficulty names, there aren't very many allusions to weather and precipitation phenomena. And in any case, weather doesn't actually have anything to do with the game.