EMULATION THREAD

EMULATION THREAD

I want to emulate Silent Hill 1 but have no experience with PCSXr.
Would anyone mind helping me setup properly?

The game currently looks like this, occasionally has this very annoying sound bug and the main menu as well as the inventory look like they're made for a phone.

Other urls found in this thread:

emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Emulation_General_Wiki
ngemu.com/threads/pcsxr-pgxp.186369/
skidows.com/13154-silent-hill-v121-1999-pc-repack.html
cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56)
ngemu.com/threads/peteopengl2tweak-tweaker-for-peteopengl2-plugin-w-gte-accuracy-hack.160319/
dev.tapek.shst.pl/PCSXR/spuPeopsSound.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Original hardware or fuck off.

Would if I could user.

So don't play it at all then. It's not like it's going to kill you for fuck's sake.

8517b-29d393c291-aa331e9f4-79b376732-1b200ed

here's the magnet for 2.1 tb of ps2 games

Turn on mask bit emulation in your plugin settings. I had the same problem when I did my last playthrough a month ago.

I should have said this will only fix the white box issue. Everything else you'll just have to play with the settings or try different plugins. Psx emulation can be a pain sometimes but it's worth it if you don't have the original systems.

Anyone got xinput to work on SSF? It won't recognize my Dualshock 3 controller nor will it let me change it in its settings. Should I use xpadder instead?

Ok.

Oh my. Does it bother you that I'll play it on my PC instead?

Impressive. It's actually genuine.

Thanks! That helped exactly like you said.
Just have to fix the sound and menus and I'll be good.
Do you have any recommended plugins? Where can I find popular ones?

Pete's OpenGL for graphics and Peops or EternalSPU for sound are the standard. I also have OpenGL Driver 1.78 for some games. It's mostly down to personal preference on the settings.

they work too i dled godhand, mgs3, dmc, and shadow of the colossus all work

Reminder that people still use and rabidly defend zsnes.

Thanks for the advice user.

Some people also eat their own droppings.
There are so unpredictable people out there.

Nice.

Doesn't work fam

The goodest of goys.

I bet you wait for HD remasters too.

That better be universal, faggot.

Go play it on Retroarch with their Mednafen-Beetle fork. No setup required, and it's essentially perfect emulation.

It just werx.

Why PCSXr? I played it a few weeks ago ePSXe and didn't have any problems with it. Try that perhaps?

Also I think its European version has got censored and has one monster cut in case you didn't know, so I'd suggest downloading North American version if you have European one

What's the best PS2 emulator?

Enjoy your inaccuracies.

So what if I do? So I want to play the game in HD, sue me.

Thanks for spoon feeding fam

I can do that for free, while you throw money at corporate fat cats who give no shits about your game and want to milk you for everything you are worth.

Good goy.

no the &dn doesn't go in there

CFW PS3 is objectively the best way to play PS1 games.

shit-tier shilling tbh fam

idk what you're talking about but checked

I might check that out although it seems fine now.

I'm using it because it seemed ideal on here: emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Emulation_General_Wiki

PCSX2

You are the absolute best of goym.

PCSX-R and EPSXe aren't even remotely close to perfect emualation like Mednafen is. They're both extremely inaccurate.

user, I want a higher resolution.
Other then the Inventory and main menu being a tad narrow it is completely fine.
As you can see, the game is fine and so is the sound.
I might perhaps even stumble upon a fix for the menus.

Ok gonna try to be comprehensive so that you can cap it for future reference. This is mainly for Silent Hill but you can probably apply it for any other 3D game.

First follow the instructions here :
to install PCSXR with PGXP. While you are at it, download EternalSPU or pete's sound plugin because the default one is trash.

Now onto configuring the settings. Run the file called "pcsxr-pgxp" instead of "pcsxr". >Configuration -> PGXP
Just do what pic related is.
In "Plugins & Bios" change the Graphics plugin to "PeteOpenGL2 Tweaks" and sound plugin to EternalSPU or whatever you got instead of the Directsound plugin.
Configure the graphics plugin to your liking but if you are using the widescreen hack from CPU settings then you need to set the stretching mode to "Stretch to full window size(standard)"

Fuck off, you stupid, anti-semitic scumbags.

I'd assume map is fucked too, can you check it? Other still pics that appear on the screen during game might too, but nothing gamebreaking I guess

Nah, not even close. That fog effect is completely fucked since PCSX-R can't properly handle dithering.

Found the goon.

Do us all a favor and just off yourself you useless shit stain. Not even your masters want anything to do with you.

Ah completely forgot about this bug.
You should play it in windowed mode if you aren't using widescreen hacks and use the "stretch to full window size" option.
Alternatively you could use the widescreen hack and then use the stretch option for fullscreen. The game doesn't seem to have any obvious offscreen culling so pop in is going to be rare.

And if you really want to play full screen but don't want to bother with the widescreen hack, you can use this setting and set the window resolution to something with a 4:3 aspect ratio.

kek

It probably is. I don't have a savegame so I will post a pic later.

Thank you kindly user.

And that did it.
Absolutely perfect. Thank you very much user.

That's exactly what I did.
What are Framebuffer effects anyway?

Since this is an emulation thread I'll contribute by saying that anyone and everyone should emulate God Hand if you like cuhrayzee games.

if you want your games to work fine just use the original hardware. emulation is a meme.

Anyone know the recommended settings for Shadow Hearts 1?
I can only get it to run at 50% speed for some reason.

k

Just visual effects that games use. The battle swirl in Final Fantasy is a framebuffer effect.

Post specs

You can only do so if you have an old CRT TV.
Do you?

I see. Thanks user.

wew lad

What is that?
The name sounds like a fake product in a movie.

SNES cannot even output at pixel perfect aspect ratio and very few games mitigated the stretching caused by this leading to circles becoming ovals.

Emulation it is

The Framemeister or XRGB-mini is a magic box from Japan that upscales old games at their proper resolution to HD resolutions with no noticeable lag. It also allows you to use the superior RGB format which most classic consoles support.

Mind you, as good as my framemeister is this thread is really better for PVMs, given Silent Hill is one of the few games that changes resolution between menus and game which can cause problems on modern televisions, but not on PVM/CRTs.

Wrong
It's CRTs and televisions that don't process the 240p signal properly, not the SNES, the SNES outputs a perfect signal, you just need a PVM or Framemeister to display it pixel perfect.

I have a CRT TV that I still use. In fact every TV in my house is a CRT. Bought into the whole "flat screen" crap, huh? :^)

Fucking japs. What will they think of next?

I dond't want to hear that from a fucking Torfag.
Also, flat screens were all I could purchase at the time.

The video you linked proves yourself wrong
Do you even know what you are talking about?

You could literally find CRTs at thrift stores for like $20 not 5 years ago. It's harder to find them at decent prices now but not impossible.

You're just a gay nigger is what you are.

The one thing I'll give you is that laser based tech is shit. We need more modders to get in to substitutes for the lasers like the GDemu (I'm lucky as fuck I got one in this last batch he made, my Dreamcast's laser is almost dead). I just hope the PS1 doesn't get passed up on such tech simply because PS2 can run PS1 games as well.

Whatever you say user.
I don't live in the US and I have no clue where I could've gotten one then or now. Besides, I was just a wee lad back then.

What does having Tor have to do with not being a fucking retard who can't shop properly?

Oh, you're getting cuckolded by your government. Got it. ;^)

What in the actual fuck am i doing wrong?
The screen jumps, the text disappears from time to time and the game starts normally and then slows to 10fps.

Seriously, what in the fuck are you doing?

how is wiiu emulation going, and should we even care in the first place? I mean I only follow this whole thing because I want to know if its possible but honestly the wiiu has only cancer games.

Sounds to me like you're having a hard time understanding and are butthurt that you are factually incorrect. What I meant was you need an output that can display it properly and doesn't warp the image, often a PVM or Framemeister. The signal comes out just fine and that's a fact. Calm down friend.

They literally show side by side comparisions with the same aspect ratio
Do you even know what aspect ratio means or are you just a retard adamant on wasting time?

What about "you need an output that can display it properly" did you find hard to grasp?

why would you run an emulator that 90% of the games worth playing require an exclusive controller's features

Yeah, I know it's a prebuilt.

How did you fuck it up that bad? I can run Silent Hill 1 on my fucking phone.

Holy shit SSF is eating up 90 percent of my quad core processor usage at times, what the fuck man it's just Sega Saturn games goddamn.

Anyone know how I get drakengard to not run like shit? I wanna get into the series before Nier Automata.

lol sega saturn emulation

use mednafen for saturn games

Quick!
What are the best 5th gen racing games?

Ridge Racer R4

Left is at the maximum internal resolution and right is native.
Seeing how they don't have the same FPS I wonder what it should ideally be?
How well does the original run?

How is Wipeout?

My PCSX2 settings. Playing the game now.

GSdx Settings

Renderer: Direct3D9 (Hardware)
Interlacing: auto
Allow 8 bit textures: CHECKED
Resolution: Native
Texture filtering: Bilinear (PS2)
CRC Hack Level: Full (Safest)
Enable HW Hacks: CHECKED
Logarithmic Z: CHECKED
Alpha Correction: CHECKED

HW Hack settings
MSAA: 0x Z-32
Skipdraw: 0
Wild Arms Offset: CHECKED

Emulation settings

EE/IOP
EmotionEngine: Recompiler
IOP: Recompiler
Round Mode Chop / Zero
Clamping Mode: Normal

VUs
VU0: microVU Recomplier
VU1: microVU Recomplier
Round Mode: Chop / Zero
Clamping Mode: Normal

Speedhacks
Enable speedhacks: CHECKED
EE Cyclerate: 2
VU Cycle Stealling: 2
Enable INTC Spin Detection: CHECKED
Enable Wait Loop Detection: CHECKED
mVU Flag Hack: CHECKED
MTVU: CHECKED

No game fixes.

Can't remember how much of this is important, and some of these things may even be slowing things down. Only lag occurs during battles with too many enemies. Most of these are probably default settings. Is there a way to set different defaults for different games so that when I load a certain game it automatically changes the settings?

A good game is a good game, idiot.

Why are you so stingy? You can play Silent Hill and other games perfectly on an emulator, you just need to adjust the settings or use a fucking wiki to determine what setting is best.

I used it to play Wild Arms 3.

Wild Arms 3 is a special case that CAN be played.

Dammit I'm autistic.

why they always like this?

AMD support for PCSX2?

Nah, fuck it.

Also, my screen still jumps, but only at certain points, and I get slow down when I go 3 or 4 menu layers deep.

No nigger I play around with the fucking settings until it's perfect, takes less then 30 minutes.

You can play pretty much any PS2 game on a fucking laptop.

Crash Team Racing.

Why can't you fucking retards just keep your stupid shit to yourself?

It's one thing to come into the thread and say "you're all faggots", I get that, it's the fucking idiots why immediately fall for the bait that I'm mad at - you're so desperate to get in the last word that you're ruining your own damn thread.

If people start shitting on emulation your sure as fuck not going to change their mind by responding.

STOP.

RESPONDING.

I play on a laptop with an HDMI hooked up to a tv.

plebe detected

No, nigger, it runs smoothly. Can you fucking read or are you delusional on top of being illiterate AND retarded?

I upscaled Chrono cross and it broke the menus. Any way to fix that?

I get you're retarded, but cmon

What qualifies as accuracy if all the data is still there with all the gameplay?

Do you not know how to play on an emulator using a ps4 controller? There's free ass software for that.

shh i want to see where he's going with this

So are the lists on the wikia still well maintained by autists? I don't have time to played every game I've ever missed out on, so it's nice to have a list of things that probably aren't shit with descriptions.

You have no pressure sensitive buttons in emulation. Most DualShock games need them.

Yes.

Just goes to show that you don't use emulators, my man.

Use a controller, you idiot.

don't tell him, he's being retarded and doesn't know what he talks about, you're going to deflate his delusional fantasies

did you even read the post you idiot

I just looked at the PS4 list. It's full of shit.

On top that all 8 pressure-sensitive buttons of the first DualShock are on the face of the controller, so you have to remap them to triggers in emulation which makes for very weird control schemes.

PCSX2 literally has a default controller setup that does that shit automatically as longas you have a pressure sensitive controller, aka USE A PS4 controller, which hasn't really changed from the PS3 design. he trick is that it treats the extra pressure as a separate button, which you can also map to your keyboard.

I've played MGS3 to test it out and it does that shit with that bit where you're holding a guy and how hard you hold the button determines what you do with them.

It works! You just want to shit on emulators.

fuck this, even the cheap SLG 3000 can do the same job.

The framemeister is but a glorified upscaler, a jew Pi could do the same job too

Bloodborne box is not a joke.

You sound pretty butthurt buddy.

it is, there are quite a few worthwhile games on the ps4 now. Repeating the meme as if it represents reality only presents your own delusion

nah, the framemeister is very good, best device of its kind. Not as good as a CRT tho.

There's an actual fan port done ages ago.
skidows.com/13154-silent-hill-v121-1999-pc-repack.html

I know, but I expected fewer games in the list, instead of the list being bloated by shit games(and still being tiny).

It's not a port, it's just eSPXe + Silent Hill in one iso, the .exe just opens Silent Hill in eSPXe, on top of that the eSPXe used in that iso is old as shit, you won't have a good performance in that.

Also the iso that's used in it is the European version IIRC, it doesn't have Grey Children

The point of the jewmeister is to use it with actual retro consoles, but then what is the point of owning one if you are going to play on a modern TV anyway, just plain emulate

emulators don't do scanlines correctly

Because actual hardware runs the software without any errors. Emulation has gotten good but it's not even close to perfect. But yes, keep crying at people who can afford original hardware and PVMs/Upscalers, nothing pathetic about that, sure doesn't show a massive inferiority complex or anything like that. I don't even use the framemeister's scanlines, I prefer the emulated look out of original hardware :^)

For experimental, this is working pretty damn well.

But does the GeForce 850M count as br00t power for Gamecube emulation?

You can't connect a pressure sensitive controller to PC.
Bullshit, DS4 has no pressure sensitive buttons.
Bullshit, any pressure sensitive button is an analog input and many games depend on them.

well LCD "scanlines" are not real scanlines anyway, they take half of the brightness out and the colors look washed out, this didn't happen in a crt due to all the light bleeding

never mentioned PVMs did i? keep twisting my posts so that you feel like you have an argument
I am just saying that no matter what you do, a CRT will defeat any "perfect" kind of solution you may have to play on a modern TV, you are the inferior user

I bet you play games over composite. Stay poor user.

i have a fine PC to Crt setup, thanks for asking

that really depends on the system you're emulating–NES and SNES even has cycle accurate emulators, and the Genesis has one forthcoming

Confirmed for poor as fuck

Fuck it, I'll join this meme-fest too.

u wot m8?

knowing is half the battle

Oh, I thought you were the good goy advocating buying remasters.

Nah, remasters are generally shit except the MGS HD set, Bluepoint are okay.

What kind of emulation can I do on this thing?

I know the answer is probably "no", but could I get some Wii U emulation running at an acceptable framerate? I wanna play 3D World but fuck giving Nintendo money.

almost everything. Wii emulation might get harder but still werks. Upcoming wiiU or 3ds emulation might not possible on your system.

I tried wii emulation, the games work but either the controls don't work well on keyboard/gamepad or I was too stupid to do it correctly

And what do you suggest I improve to make my system more powerful? I was thinking of buying an i5 processor since most games require that nowadays but other than that everything seems standard-ish.

I'm still using FCEUX. Should i use try newer NES emulators?

to get wiiU well running;
8gig ram are still ok, anyway, fill the last slot with another ram stick.

I just use psxfin 1.13 tbqh fam. It runs everything well enough.

I switched from FCEUX to puNES about a year ago and have never felt the urge to go back. It does pretty much everything you'd need it to.

literally mednafen nigger, don't make threads about janky shitass fourth-rate emulators when something so blatantly superior is available

Use mednafen or Xebra. Plugin based PS1 emulation is redundant.

That's even fucking worse.

No save states. Also try playing Resident Evil on it…

Upscaling doesn't break anything. Rendering at a higher resolution does though. Use mednafen or xebra.

I don't know what the fuck I'me talking about then. I just know with mednafen through retroarch I can play 4x native resolution but it fucks up the menus.

PCSX-R is only good on Linux. Windows version is barely maintained and it's like a worse ePSXe, if you're gonna go through a lot of setup trouble you might as well go all the way and do Mednafen, which is a nightmare to set up but gives the most accurate look. Otherwise just set up ePSXe with the normal settings and plugins and be done with it.

Is higan that much better than snes9x? I'll give it a try.

Also, most people only know the Zsnes because it's the oldest.

There are a number of titles that don't work on snes9x, but work perfectly on higan (like earthworm jim 1/2 where the sound is completely broken). As Higan is cycle accurate (meaning it perfectly emulates the original hardware) there is no reason to use anything else if your PC (or whatever device you're playing it on) can run Higan at full speed.

That's increasing the internal resolution, not upscaling. Upscaling is playing content at its native resolution, and then stretching it to fit your screen.

I Jewgled it, and the results say upscaling is increasing the resolution. You sure you're not thinking of changing the aspect ratio, which definitely stretches things to fit the screen, but doesn't make them any sharper?

I was using pretty much the same settings, didn't have MTVU on because I only have 2 cores. My machine's a toaster, unfortunately, so it would probably still have slowdown whenever there's party cinematics; battles can chug also. It's strange how this and the original Shadow Hearts emulate so haphazardly. At least Covenant's a big step up visually, which is why my machine can't handle it. Wild Arms 3 and Covenant will probably get the most out of whatever new PC I'm gonna build soon, so I have to leave them alone until then.

No, it's just stretching it and optionally using mild software detail enhancement, and your monitor doesn't even do the detail enhancement part.

When you say
You didn't upscale it, you increased the internal resolution.

Looking at that list is a painful reminder of just how much this console generation has sucked.

Pîc related kills my pc on dolphin, is there any way to make it run faster?
Is the hd pc version less demanding?

Get a CPU with extremely high STP.
Yes, significantly less demanding.

Yes, I've already been told that. From what I've seen, that's what upscaling is.

No, it's not. Not even close.

Lets use the PSX for example. Most games are running at 320x240. When you play at X4 IR, you're actually rendering the game at 1280x960. Now, you'll notice that all 3D content will appear to be much more sharp and crisp, but the 2D (typically menu/HUD items) will look blurry. This is because 2D content has a set resolution, and you're simply stretching it instead of actually increasing the resolution.

I'm sure you've also noticed that you can't actually increase the native resolution of video, either, particularly in games that use low-res FMV cutscenes, or any video content really.

You can't increase the internal resolution of video.

Okay, I get what you're saying.

Much less demanding, emulation is always harder on a machine than playing a normal game, very CPU-intensive.

.>>10990864
Specs are confident enough that everything up to PCSX2 and Dolphin should work fine. 7th gen and 8th gen handheld emulation is starting to become a reality but it will probably be tougher for older, lesser processors to tolerate.

NES emulation is so undemanding, what's so special about anything besides something like NEStopia?

Maybe I haven't been paying attention to the processor usage, changed some options for performance or that it's mostly due to me emulating 2D games, but it seems to run fine on my 3 GHZ dual core. I don't have an actual Saturn for comparison's sake, either.

I have a wireless (digital buttons) ps2 controller for my softmodded ps2, I only know of one title (mgs3) that relies on analog buttons.

I don't know where you're getting this many games rely on analog buttons schtick, can you name a few and how?

Out of the ff games, which of these are at least playable for a gtx 1060: Ratchet and Clank Trilogy, Jak 2, Socom 2, Both Destroy all Humans Games, Ace Combat 4 and CoD 2: Big Red One (Dolphin not pcsx2 for this one only).

Playable as in full speed with little to no slowdown with a few buggy graphics.

Awful.

bumping

is there something like but with PSX games? or there is a good site where I can download them?

Also, what games I can emulate with this? please no bully, I know it's a shitty laptop

Shit nigga no. It just werks but it doesn't upscale well at all. At least on PC I can make it look a bit less pixelated.

Post specs.
What problems do you have?

Why has this site been able to stay up for so long? I've seen countless romsites been taken down, but this one seems invulnerable.

Great we have neofag on our ranks

I have a question about PCSX2. The default memory cards PCSX2 uses are 8 mb, you can create bigger ones, like 64 mb in the program but it warns you that it might not work with some games. Did any of you actually had a problem with this or is this warning there just in case?

because their uncontrollable jewing with ads apparently still makes enough money to keep the bills paid
i still feel like i need to go to an STD clinic after every visit there though

snes9x 1.54.1 is out now.

Please can someone help me?
I just want to play this game already.

KEEP CLICKING ON STUFF UNTIL THE
GAME IS FINALLY PLAYABLE
Yeah no. My PS2 works fine.

How can anyone not have a ps2?

I can run GBA and SNES emulators just fine on my phone but could I do something more powerful ps1, saturn, n64 etc?

Mednefen via RetroArch allows higher resolutions, if your PC can handle it that is.

Saturn and N64, fuck no.

PS1 yes.

Anything up to PS1 will be fine.

Seriously, why is PCSX2 such a horribly coded emulator?

Even Dolphin has a proper configuration database, and that config database isn't even necessary, since most games will run fine using LLE at the expense of performance since Dolphin has godlike low-level accuracy

Interesting.
I tried installing both though and it didn't work.
Perhaps I'm retarded.

Because the PS2 is horribly configured system.

XEBRA is outdated as fuck and was completely replaced by the superior Mednefen.

You need to put the PS1 bios files into the "system" folder of Mednefen.

You wouldn't perhaps feel like making a guide?
I could make an image, provided you could give a decent description.
Our emulation threads could use that.

At least spell it correctly

that's true, but that's not the reason
pcsx2 is an old project that from the ground up did not start as a low-level emulator
so now it has become a patchwork frankenstein's monster, because people don't want to start over
there is another PS2 emulator project out there, but I think it's in its very infancy and done by just one guy

I have a dreamcast and I bought pic related thinking that I can overcome the audio problems of my emulator. In the end, the game is fucked up. The FPS drops so fucking much whenever someone transforms or when someone shoots a lot of bullets. Original Hardware is a fucking meme and I need to git fucking gud at optimizing my emulators.

People forget how many legacy console games were full of big FPS drops.

I just wanted to bring my dreamcast instead of my big ass rig whenever I wanted to play my friends. But that can go and fuck itself now.

Btw, I am going to upgrade my rig. I plan on buying a gtx 1070 and a high end processor. Any recommendations on the motherboard and the processors? Bear in mind that the upgrade is not only for emulation, but for games like Supreme Commander.

For emulation, the most important thing is STP (single thread performance).

Naturally, any quad core CPU with high STP is also going to be an excellent for gaming in general.

cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

Now the problem here is that the 4790k still trumps the 6700k without overclocking (way to shit the bed on that one, jewtel), so you'd need to get an LGA 1150 motherboard for the 4790k instead of the newer LGA 1151 for the 6700k. If you're planning on keeping this bad boy for a few years (and you'd certainly be able to, since the 4790k fucking destroys everything), this isn't a concern, but if you're looking to upgrade in a year or two, you may want to get the 6700k with the 1151, since you might end up not having to buy a new mobo.

tl;dr - safest bet is a 4790k which blows everything else out of the water, especially with PS2/GC emulation which is ludicrously STP dependent.

Power Stone 1 is infinitely superior anyway. 2 is trash, as much as I wish it wasn't.

zsnes still has dat dere performance, which is nice for some people I imagine.

Can I emulate anything on mah toaster?

Should be fine with everything up to gen 5.

Gen 6 is where we see system requirements go through the roof.

lelouch

You're playing at 2x IR. Play at native IR and you've got 1:1 emulation.

get with the times faggot

Nigger, I beat God Hand on a low end Phenom

Yes, some older (and extremely inaccurate and buggy) versions of PCSX2 run certain games at almost playable framerates.

Then why would I use retroarch for playing it accurately when Mednafen standalone has better compatibility and supports every peripheral?

That doesn't mean what you think it means.
What shit-tier gamepad are you trying to play with?

Nigger, you're exagerrating. Now Dolphin on the other hand is a chuggy piece of shit.

No. As PCSX2 moves away from an HLE hacky approach (which is always going to have spotty compatibility at best) to LLE, system reqs have absolutely skyrocketed (as expected).

Certain games (like FFX) that were the first PS2 titles being worked on and emulated have all kinds of HLE speedhacks that allow them to run great on toasters with slight losses in accuracy.

Go try to play a Snowblind Engine game on your toaster.

What are you doing user?

Well it does in that case, there a handful of games that run flawlessly on standalone but not in the libretro fork, nothing you're likely to ever care about though.

He means PS1 peripheral, you can't use the PSmouse functions in RA whereas standalone can, same as above you're unlikely to ever care about it, while it affects quite a lot of games most of those are better played with another version of the game anyway.

He uses a fork of PCSXR called PCSXR-PGXP, the 60 fps hack though is an AR code that I don't have on hand

>Put bios files (scph5500 for Japan, scph5501 for US, scph5502 for PAL) into the "system" folder (psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=56)

Enjoy your bad deinterlacing artifacts

In software mode that can be fixed with a deinterlacing shader, or by playing with the OpenGL Hardware acceleration (like in that WebM). Sadly the current nightly build introduces that texture glitch that was not there after the first release. I've been talking about it with the developer over at >>>/psx/.

It still has deinterlacing artifacts.
Its part of mednafen's deinterlacing that does not scale above native resolution.

I'll test it myself right now. The point of the OpenGL Hardware acceleration is that the game is always rendered in progressive scan. There is nothing to "deinterlace" because it's not interlaced in the first place. Example: Tekken 3 in software mode is interlaced. In OpenGL Hardware Acceleration it is not interlaced.

Just tested it again. Its not the interlacing that is the problem in the Opengl renderer but this one is pretty egregious.

Thanks, guess it's time to move up from epsxe then

I can't find the deinterlacing shaders in the options but if its anything like the deinterlacing in standalone, its pretty bad.

I see. I am using PGXD as well though. Silly guy.
What I wonder about why the game doesn't run all too fast. There are slowdowns, particularly in indoor areas. Is that just how the game ran on the original hardware?
What is an AR code?

Webm related. That's how the game runs right now.

Thanks user. That ought to be helpful.
I'll try to make a picture out of that.

Would people be interested in an emulation general?

Well if that's your recording you're obviously not with how jiggly and distorted everything is.

Yeah that how the game ran more or less, you can remove all slowdown entirely by using the overclock option in the CPU settings menu, it's not toaster friendly at all though.

Action Replay or Gameshark if you prefer.

>Apply Shader Changes

For best results, I recommend enabling vsync. It provides the most stable deinterlaced image. This will add about 1 frame of input lag. To turn the shader off, simply change "Shader Passes" back to 0 and hit apply again.

Hmm, it seems that if you are playing at a higher internal resolution, this shader won't deinterlace it properly afterall.

Let's hope that simias over at >>>/psx/ fixes the texture regression in OpenGL soon. It used to work perfectly before the PGXP stuff got implemented.

Alright so I loaded up Silent Hill in Software mode. I see no artifacts, and I see no interlacing. I don't have any shaders on.

Hurray?

Also, friendly reminder that you can turn off the dithering in the emulation settings (pics related).

I was wondering about that. As you can see, I am using it. Am I doing something wrong?
Did I miss an option perhaps?

What overclocking settings should I use to fix the performance?

Try changing the PGXP mode to something else than "Memory only"

3x or more if you still feel slowdowns, just keep in mind that it needs a decent CPU to go that high without other issues, just press the Del key while ingame and make sure it shows 59.8fps if NTSC or 50 if PAL if it doesn't then set offscreen drawing to 1 in your graphics plugin setting and if that still doesn't fix it get a better CPU.

Made a quick WebM of the game in software mode with Dithering off. Color banding is annoying, but the question is whether or not you find it less annoying than dithering.

Also, I just realized that Silent Hill is one of those games that bounces between 240p and 480i when shifting between gameplay and menu screens, so there is some interlacing to be had afterall.

Sadly the OpenGL renderer gets the same white box artifacts as the OP.

I wonder if it could be possible to scale the dithering pattern independently of the resolution, because even just scaled dithering at 2x res is way better than any other solution.

Yes that is possible. When playing at higher internal resolution, change the Dithering Pattern option to "Internal Resolution."

None of that worked. I'm reinstalling it all and will report back with the results.

PGXP is new and still incomplete. It simply won't work on all games. You might not be doing anything wrong.

I've noticed that in some games it kind of only half works. Ground polygons and textures will be sorted out, but character models jump around as always.

Personally I'm kind of a purist so I play at the original resolutions anyway. It hides a lot of the problems that become far more noticeable once you try to break free of the intended resolution.

SH is the prime example of how effective PGXP is so it should work, already seen plenty of example videos and gifs posted too.

Well here's the weird thing. I used to have it working in Tekken 3, but now it's not working anymore. It's fickle as fuck.

You're right about the internal resolution but I like to get the most out of emulation.
As you can see in pic related, I seemed to have installed it all correctly this time.
There is a lot less poly-stuttering now since PGXP actually works now.
Mason even has a face with a proper nose now.

Damn that looks pretty good, I might try it out later

This kind of stuff is exactly why I play with emulators.
It's better than the original.

I have not played 1 but I believe it is better for 1vs1. PS2 free for all 4 players is a fucking blast.

What can I emulate with this?

Anything from the 5th gen and before, maybe some of the less demanding PS2 and Gamecube games too

Power Stone 1 is indeed fantastic and designed around 1v1. Obviously the developers thought that the next logical step was 4 player fights, but unfortunately the camera system really was unable to handle it, everything is always way too zoomed out and just doesn't feel intimate enough for the fights. Furthermore, the characters all have completely different animation speeds, different physics, and the special powers are gimped as hell and completely unsatisfying.

Oh, and the worst part of Power Stone 1 was the final-final boss fight, and yet they decided the sequel needed to take this bit and make a lot more fights just like it. Also it blows my fucking mind that Hideaki Itsuno was a co-designer of the first game, but was the main designer for the second game and he dropped the ball that hard. Then he went on to make DMC 2/3/4.

Posting an older WebM too for the heck of it. Sadly the framerate of this recording was a bit choppy.

God I love this game.

A botnet

I use Mednafen for accuracy, ePSXe 2 for bells and whistles. muh overclock
Is the GTE hack you fags are using better than the one in ePSXe?

the code for unlocked framerate in SH is
300A8FF0 0001
it breaks some ambient music but nothing else that I'm aware of

So 3DS emulation is coming along nicely

You tell me user. See for a pic and I even bothered to make webms related.

Just look at that smooth rotation though.
It's impressive how much better the game looks now. What surprises me even more is that this is all in the default game, ready to be used.

Fuck I remember Dog's Life, that was a good game. The last level was spooky

i could never finish that fucker, i think i got up to the snow place before i either forgot about it or lost it, or something. no dog's life spoilers pls i'm gonna emulate that shit right now

I forgot to ask, what game is that?

i use mednafen for 2d gems and modded psxr with pgxp patched for 3d games. Runs smooth overall!

Where do i get Wii games? What Wii games are worth emulating?

OY VEEEEEEY

What are good ad hoc games for ppsspp?

You can get games from emuparadise ans other sites like it.
Emulate Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 of course. Emulate Metroid Prime 1-3 and perhaps try madworld.
Also try Red Steel 2.

Monster Hunter, MGS Peace Walker, Dissida FF (the newer one) and maybe one of the many Monster Hunter clones.
If you want PVP try Coded Arms.
Also play the PSP Ace Combat games, they have PVP mulitplayer and the second game also has coop.

I have to register to get those. They aren't accessible like the ps2 generation and down.

go to the catalog, look for the share thread, read op of the share thread, get blown away.

Why register when *cough*login2.me,fuck bug me not*cough* exists?

Could you take a video of this scene to compare? I wanna see if the model also gets all fucked up when seen from a distance.

What do you mean by that?

He means that if you bump the resolution, fix the polygon jitter, and filter the textures, it almost passes for an early PS2 game. The full potential of the assets is unleashed.

What's that? People on the videogames board not wanting to play videogames?

The wii version of metroid prime trilogy has a lot of visual glitches to the point of unplayability in Dolphin.
Red Steel 2 is a wii motion plus game so you need a bluetooth adapter, a sensor bar and a wii motion plus to play it and even then the game isn't perfectly emulated.

i really like the clean look with anti-jigger, pgxp did a damn good job!

Sure thing user.
Here you go.
When I saw your webm I noticed that I had an audio problem regarding voices. All other sounds seemed to work. It's been fixed now.

if the game slows down you can try to overclock the internal ps1 cpu to 0,5 or 0,75. As soon its overclocked you might get sound problems, take a look here:
ngemu.com/threads/peteopengl2tweak-tweaker-for-peteopengl2-plugin-w-gte-accuracy-hack.160319/

>spuPeopsSound 1.10 XAudio2 fix for PEC: dev.tapek.shst.pl/PCSXR/spuPeopsSound.zip

this is a modded sound plugin to get rid of the jiggi sound when overclocking the internal cpu clock.

That's moving faster and smoother then I remember it.

Hate to break it to you user but what you assume to be horrible framerates, might actually be the normal framerate.

Why didn't he speak like in the other WebM?

user pls, just read the post.

Thats not overclocking, you are underclocking the CPU which results in worse framerate.
Over clocking would be increasing it to 1.5 or 2x

just try it, you will notice a little speed up. And playing on 1,5 or 2 is like playing on fastforward.

Are you blind?
It literally slows the games down. Even if you cannot tell the difference visually(in which case you have some serious mental problems) just apply some basic math.
multiplying a number by 0.5 halves it. so you are actually halving the emulated processor speed.

user, everything ok with you? You seems to have some weird math there?

Christ lad are you an american or just retarded?

Just a reminder emulation is a novel attraction but is full of imperfections and it is important not to settle for convenience if its leaving you with a far inferior solution. The original hardware is always best.

so thats it? go kill yourself. nigger.

Heres the thing, I wouldn't be bothering with your retardedness if you weren't spreading disinfo.
Do an exercise for me, go emulate Crash Bandicoot 3 and record two webms of it going from logos to the main menu, one at 0.75 cpu "overclocking" and another with CPU overclocking disabled.

That's nice, go make an original hardware thread where someone might care about your internal batteries dying and leaking transistors.

it will speed up the game even at 0,5%. Already try it. You can get your lazy offended ass up yourself and try it, not a bitch of you here.

.5 or .75 either way, you are running processor at a lower speed than stock. In alnost every case, slower things reduce less output (except where the thing is overheating).

Then post the webms

user, is it so hard to start the emu, load crash bandicoot and use CPU 0,5%? The fuck is wrong with you? It takes maybe 5 second to do it!? Hell, even crash 1 is logged at the frame rate, try it with this too, same output, same effect when using the overclock option!

If it isn't then why haven't you uploaded the webms?

i'm retarded when it comes down to making webM's but anyway, why should i do it for someone like you? You are so offended and even cant get your ass up to try it yourself.

Eh? You do know that batteries take a minute to desolder and replace, and transistors dont leak, capacitors do….i know this is an emulation thread so technical incompetence is to be expected, but this and poeple suggesting cpu OCs as a fix for poor framerate. So sad.

Used to be a moderator on that site. The ads have gotten unbearably jewish, but the servers were hosted in india way back when. Not sure about now the but the admin is pretty based aside from the shekel hoarding.

Thanks for the correction and proving why we emulate. Hope you have a nice discussion over your broken N64 joysticks and dying lasers in your PS2.

That's fucking fantastic.

Dying lasers in ps2s are no problem since hdd and ethernet loading became reliable solutions. I think you'll find a lot of these things you perceive as issues are actually not problems at all. Do you also use a 360 controller for emulation?

enjoy all your no cutscenes and stuttering streamed music

Why are you so afraid of being wrong?

The audio on the right side is gone for some reason, but I don't feel like rendering out the video again.

Silly user, he isn't wrong though. Perhaps it's plugin or PC dependent but on my end it also slowed down the more you had and accelerated the less you had.

The webm you posted has choppy as fuck framerate.
Was that underclocked?

I don't know about your supposed black magic, but I used bare minimum but forced it at 60fps for consistency, and it's all from a clean download of the PCSXr-PGXP just recently, so no saved from my actual emulator.

I did use bare minimum shown here,
for testing purposes. So it's not optimized for actual playing.

huh, the hack. im a nigger.

Update, I found out why it was so fucked up. PCSXr is just hot garbage, no amount of tweaking or using the newest plugins will ever fix it's issues. Here's what it looks like off of ePSXe.

sounds like you are using an outdated version or something
Tried my hand at recording it.

And here is a webm with the game running at cpu overclocking at 0.5x

That's the weirdest shit, cause I could have sworn that I had the newest version of PCSXr with all the bells and whistles with it.

Did they release past 1.9.93?

Get the latest build off of emucr.
The codeplex site hasn't been updated for years.

That seamed to have worked. Thanks.

Pic related.

Might as well toss in Mednafen + OpenGL Hardware Acceleration via Retroarch at 2x internal resolution and 32bit color depth.

Just use retroarch you fucking hipster