Video Game Music

Hey anons, so I made an album out of 486DX-33Mhz-64mb processing. Hope you faggots dig it, and might post in the dev thread to see if anyone wants to use it for one of their games. Maybe Anton and Coolpecker or whatever.

masterbootrecord.bandcamp.com/track/nwoshm-txt

Other urls found in this thread:

thecaretaker.bandcamp.com/album/a-stairway-to-the-stars
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Alright

I am digging this pretty hard

Thanks dude

Chipped in a couple of bucks. Consider me a fan. Good tunes.

Pretty good

Are we allowed to post vidya music?

Feels a lot of Perturbator with a longer lead-in.

Im not cucked by a faggot label, but thanks.

Yeah dude, that was the point of the thread really.

THANKS!

Didn't know I wanted this, grabbed the discog.

I'm gonna pirate your music, what are you gonna do about it?

Good shit user, gonna share it with some friends and hopefully make you a few shekels more.

Keep rockin'

Well you're popular enough to have all your albums on WCD. I'll give them a thorough listen and if I like it I'll toss you some cash.

Honestly, this is some top fucking shit user. Or Mr. See Colon Slash Check Disk Space Slash Eff, if that is your real name. Can I use these tunes in a non-commercial game with proper attribution and a link to your stuff?

This is really good and it makes me feel like shit

I've been making music for years but everything comes out the same, it all sounds so similar. How do you make this? What's your songwriting process? What programs do you use? Do you plan out the way a song is gonna go, or just start making melodies and see what happens?

im going to steal it

The important thing is finishing your pieces, polishing your own style. Then experimenting. What I find helps, is creating two pieces of vastly different styles and tones.

Also, transcribing songs by ear, as well as reading theory while you do so, helps a bit. Try recreating some songs you like, slow it down, listen to it note by note. Find out how the composer builds it.

Don't despair, post your stuff, listen to criticism. People will like it, even if you don't.

Funnily enough, all the shit that I write and like, nobody else does, while the shit I write and DON'T like, people tend to respond well to. You gotta share it.

Fuck, this is nice, Im on the same boat than

Also good shit OP. Polite sage for double post

You got a Soundcloud page?

This is pretty fucking good.

Top stuff my man, I'm listening right now and really liking it.

Damn, your take on E1M1 is probably the best I've heard. Deliciously heavy, still a fresh take on the theme, and those goddamn game sfx as instruments. Masterful.

What's your setup to make these wicked sounds?

I would have downloaded it bro. But I am a nigger when it comes to paying for music.

Sick stuff, man. I might throw a few bucks your way.
Sometimes I figure I should pick up music making. More than once I lied awake at night and a really good tune popped into my head but I had no means of realizing it. Always felt a bit frustrating to me.

someone post a free download for this shill's quality noise

A little too heavy for my personal taste, but it's technically well executed.
Yeah, I'm triggered. Nobody else will ever notice, though.

I'm kinda there with you. The stuff works it's just a bit dense making it kind of hard to discern the texture.

Pretty fucking dank man.

HOLY SHIT
Thanks for all support anons, I had no idea any of you were into this stuff.

Well, I have been playing and studying music for over 15 years. That and I have never allowed myself to stick to a certain genre of creating when making music. As for the creative process, Video Games, I get loads of inspiration from them. I usually just make up fake video games/scenarios in my head and make sound tracks for them. I have another project, but it is a lot different if you are guys are okay with weird shit.

Its pretty old. Enjoy.
thecaretaker.bandcamp.com/album/a-stairway-to-the-stars

I have used every program under the sun, I usually just use my guitars, a keyboard, fruitydicks, audacity, qbase, and a shitloads more.

FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND TRANSCENDENTAL!

And to build on what others have said, as a way to practice how to create various types of vidya music try to think of a game you really like. Then think about some offshoot of the story and various set pieces that would be created from it (Sigma is the protagonist of the X series while Zero is the big bad, Mario has Kidnapped Wendy Koopa and the koopa bros have to save the day, Robotnik has found an ancient evil from space and he takes it upon himself to stop/capture it, ect). From there, think about what type of music would play in that boss fight, stage, dialouge scene and try to recreate it. I found that doing that tends to give your music variety since you would be trying to capture the mood of the set piece you are building the music around. It's a good way to force you to think outside of your safe space and be more creative with how you go about creating new pieces.

Where is that?

ARE YOU CARETAKER? THIS CAN'T BE REAL

And I just wanted to say that an empty bliss beyond this world is amazing, congrats, never thought I would find you here.

EXPONENTIAL!

Thinking more about it, I really doubt you are Leyland Kirby.

Good job user

Bumping this thread

Would be better without the vinyl effect.

Pretty nice. Do you intend to produce background music to some game in the future?

timestamp or gtfo m8, shouldn't you be complaining about getting panned by p4k?

Im not the Caretaker, you caught me. But that guy makes ke jealous. As for putting and working on an actual game, I havent really contacted anyone yet.

sounds pretty neat

Sounds heavy-handed on the distortion to my ear, but I could see that being a stylistic choice. In FORMAT.EXE, NWOSHM.TXT, BAYAREA.BMP and VIRTUAVERSE.GIF, it's not quite as overpowering, being more modest in amplitude, amount or both, and the tracks end up coming off a bit more enjoyable.
Still, the grunge factor doesn't sound right if it's not loud enough, and doesn't meld well if it is. Maybe it's just my taste.

The melodies are very technical and dark. I like that quite a bit. The content is great, and the choice of most of the instrumentation and timbres keeps things interesting, particularly the floppy drive. The general sound just comes off a little too aggressive at times, but the mix does a decent job of keeping it from getting muddy.

Breddy gud, but I'm left wondering how the same melodic content would sound in a milder soundscape. Or maybe something like the PC-98's sound chip or something which, even at the worst of times, has an agreeable sound.

Also,
>not VIRTUA~1.GIF

Even in death of a thread, there is no release

user are you still there? I would straight up buy this on a cassette if you offer it on your bandcamp.

FF14 is fucking ACE, I was bummed I missed Distant worlds this year, not sure if they had any FF14 on the menu though.

Can't say that the music is to my taste. I love me some metal and chiptunes but I'm not huge on that style of metal or synth sound.

Good luck with the music though, always good to hear more artists making chip metal.

This is pretty damn sweet. Good stuff user.