Furi

Just finished this game, had a really great time with it. I'm excited to go back and play again on furier.

General discussion of the game I guess.
The rider did nothing wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/D8NyL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks like shit tbh. Better play Jedi Outcast.

It's a decent game but I'm glad I didn't pay $25 for it. Especially since they announced the Xbox One port will have an exclusive boss that the others aren't getting.

Whoop.

Yeah, it was a gift in my case, but I probably would wait till its on sale if I didn't already have it.
gay.

Try again, don't be a bitch

My patience is expended on Monster Hunter.

I can't give much a shit about other games that demand it, and the old man of time nonsense just fucks my day up

furi is an average shump
doesnt hold a candle to this masterpiece

It's a big difficulty spike, but if you've gotten that far you can do it. If your spending your time on monster hunter, I can hardly begrudge you that, however. You're doing a good thing, user.

I think calling it a shmup is a little misinformative, but if thats the itch you wanted scratched I can see why you were a bit unsatisfied.

thats a minigame

wew

you know you can charge your slash and make enemies go vulnerable?

best fucking song in the game

sage for double post

Good call, OP. I can't wait to replay the game and sit through all the 10 minute slow walking scenes again.

anyone have a magnet for this game?

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS
FUCK YOU AND FUCK THE DEVS, GLAD I PIRATED THIS FUCKING THING

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:PY6PSL5NWQ56JCNAAAJQU2OBEZY6TEQG

To be fair, it's likely a timed exclusive.

If you didn't pirate and then uninstall this piece of shit at the fist forced walking sequence you don't belong on this board.

Why does this game attract so much shitposting?

Because the game is one of those great litmus tests that immediately let's you find out if someone is cancerous nu-gamer cuckold.

Nigger, this is pretty much western Touhou. How can you be a nu-gamer cuck for liking this when it's pretty much the opposite of what betanoobs like?

Because letting the designers waste your time with those faggy forced walking sequences is no better than bending over, presenting your greased up asshole to them and letting them fuck you like a pig.

Why don't you go shit up other threads of games with cutscenes like, you know, pretty much every fucking game released in the last 15 years? MGS threads don't get this much amount of shitposting despite MGS4 having sequences in which you are forced to do fuck all for 30 minutes.

press one button and the walking (which lasts about 50 seconds for most cases) becomes a cutscene.

They're like three or four minutes long at best and all you have to do is let him walk from one place to the next, it's no different than a cutscene. Stop being autistic.

Funnily enough, bought the game 2 days ago on a whim. I wasn't expecting such a satisfying, back-to-basics action game. The fights are fucking excellent, the music is fucking excellent, and I like the art style. I'd recommend it to anyone that wants the sort of character-action fighting games that we used to get from Japan all the time.

Also, be prepared to get good

Does the game have the option to skip cutscenes? Because if it doesn't that is a valid complaint about the walking sections. If they fill the role of cutscenes, they should be able to be skipped like cutscenes.

I looked it up, and apparently the designers kept the inbetween walking sections as a deliberate choice - since you'd otherwise have no time to cool down between fights, you'd get no lore, there'd be no tension before a fight, etc.

After you beat it once, yes.

Yeah, i know they fill an important role in the gameplay; i was just playing devil's advocate for adhd retards who can't stand listening to dialogue.

That's good

I forgot to keep playing this after I got stuck at The Song for a bit. How many bosses do I have left to fight?

3 more bosses, plus another one if you make a certain choice.

It's just a YES/NO choice. Fuck, if I recall correctly, the game itself explicitly tells you the correct choice to fight the boss.

I'm actually closer to the end than I thought then. I should finish it.

The game doesn't tell you what's the right choice to fight the boss, so much as it implies it. "Kill the Mothership".

you can play all bosses with no cutscenes after you beat it

I played through the game in a few hours for free from a friend, and I'm pretty happy with it. The sniper boss is a crock of bullshit which glitched out on me several times and felt way too slow and drawn out compared to the entirety of the rest of the game, but bosses like The Edge really made it. Would recommend but not for more than $15.

how did the sniper glitch?

There's times where she shoots when you're behind a barrier, and the shot hits you anyway, if I recall correctly.

really? i fought her like 50 times and that never happened

yeah, i had to retry that many times, playing the game with mouse and keyboard is cancer

This, and a few other glitches. She can raise the barriers while you're on top of them and you can either get stuck on them or get lucky and dodge off. If you get stuck it's a few free hits.

She can sometimes run off even if you've timed going up to her correctly, making the fight a lot longer than it needs to be.

A couple of other things that I've mostly forgotten because it's been a while since I beat it. Talking about it though, I'd like to go back and beat the game again, if only for The Edge, and maybe The Scale.

You move well. You're reading me quite quickly.

Let's see how predictable you think I am now.

Except existing.

I wish the game had more, you know?
Like the way it is, I think it's near perfect besides that small delay on dodges, but it was like in true 3D, and you had to dodge and jump over attacks over one more axis, I think it would have really been my 10/10 gotayay.
Waveshaper>CarpenterBrut=Toxic Avenger>Scattle>rest>>>>>danger, prove me wrong

There isn't any delay on dodges. You dodge the moment you release, rather than when you press.

I know, and I know that's to make way for charging dodges but I was talking more about the cooldown inbetween dodges. And yes I'm aware of the reasoning behind it but I wish I could dodge as fast as that one part from the trailer.

Just to be sure, if people think they "finished" it, did you quit the game after the first credits ? Because if you did, you still got things to do.

Furier mode is the true way to play anyways.

>the actual last boss

fuck this shit, your laser makes you too damn slow

Say that to my face and not online and see what happens.

Isn't this just an afro samurai rip off?

I played the game. Bordered on mediocre to not bad. 5-6/10 It probably would have been a bit more fun if I could actually get it to run past 20FPS on my toaster. Either way it was pretty repetitive tbh. I got to the purple chick and dropped it after the 1 hitter quitter shit. Definitely not worth more than $10-15 if that.

I really like waveshaper.

Same artist.

I don't see how you can consider it repetitive, but if you really couldn't run the game that well I could see how you would consider fights kinda likeā€¦ chores. I'm certain you would have a better time if you could run it at 60 fps like the good lord intended.

They are nothing alike.

Agreed

This may be a bit contrarian, but I really liked Furi. It didn't do anything particularly unique, but what it did, it did well. I wish it had better graphics options due to my toaster of a PC, but the atmosphere, the storyline, and of course, the amazing soundtrack really made this one of my favorite games this year. How much you want to be the secret boss is just going to be the architect / the father in a sort of "fuck you" ending where you just straight up kill him?

>the architect/the father

We're all in agreement that the bunny guy is the architect/father, right? He says some shit that really heavily hints at it, and his knowledge of the guardians is pretty clearly the work of the man who knows about the prison too. A lot of people seem to never make the connection and it bugs me

What are all these musicians going to do when the '90s get popular again and they need actual talent and not synth?

Synthwave is pretty good as far as electronic music goes, and other than instruments, it has nothing to do with the 80s' synthesizer music. Kill yourself.

Will they try to make grunge synth?

So I guess that mode unlocks even if you didn't really finish the game then ?
They should hint more that there is something to do after the credit.

Btw, this game triggered Kotako pretty hard.
archive.is/D8NyL

It's almost as if game reviewers hate anything that highlights they can't play games and are just there to further white genocide.

It's repetitive in that every boss has the same general sequence to be defeated. I dunno it was just pretty fucking boring. Nothing really spectacular happened during or between the fights than what had already happened in the first few ones save some minor bits like more emphasis on bullet hell segments or something. Even if I had perfect FPS I'de still never give the game anything more than a 6/10.

thanks, downloading now.

it's pretty obvious that he's the father. In the endings after you fight the star, he's with his child. He also heavily talks about his plan to rehabilitate you, and basically tells you flat out when you meet him on earth that he did what he did because he had hope for you. When you get to his room, he tells you that he "already dealt with the guardian here", because a long time ago, The Architect "died", becoming "the father". To put it in a quote: "The architect stopped thinking. And the Father came up with a plan."

Take your ADHD medication, and start over.

As much as I liked the game, he Edge was one of the most disappointing things I ever played through. Game hypes him up as some badass, and you can kill him in about 5 minutes. The first part is piss easy, and the second is boring as hell.

My favorite fight was easily the Knight one I don't remember his in-game name. The game had too many gimmick matches instead of proper fights.

checking