What sacrosant games didn't you enjoy?

for me it was the Thief series, don't get me wrong, I think level-design wise is flawless, but the pace is too damn slow, having to move crouched at the slowest speed ever to no alert guards most of the time gets to my nerves. I spend like 2 hours to complete every mission because of this and the levels aren't that big… just that you have to move SLOW. It killed my enjoyment.

original doo sex

Metal Gear Solid 3.

I played and loved most the series but I had the hardest time getting into that one for some reason and even replaying it now it still rubs me wrong.

MGS1 immediately followed by MGS2 is best MGS anyway

MGS jusy fucking nails everything right.

Just*

I spent two hours scouring the village and forest for the sword at the beginning of Ocarina of Time. (The niche it's in is impossible to find unless you look at the minimap, and who looks at the minimap while running away from Indiana Jones boulders?) Then I spent most of the boss fight trying to stop the camera from pointing at a nearby wall. I have no idea how that game became popular.
The weirdest thing is that Navi wasn't annoying at all. If memory serves, she only goes "Hey!" when monsters show up, and she only says "Listen!" if you push the "tell me about this thing" button. She was pretty helpful, honestly.
It's like I played a completely different game from everyone else.

The levels in Thief Gold are pretty fucking huge. I got just over halfway through Thief Gold (The Lost City) before dropping the game because it was so fucking boring.

Have you played through Thief 3? It's better than the rest of the series.

Understandable. I could never bring myself to beat the second level for the longest time, but then I tried a Melee (Low-Tech) run where I'd just run around beating everything down, hacking (or GEP gunning) everything I couldn't beat down.

No way user, Thief 4 is the best one. Thief 3 is second best.

I know this is bait, but I honestly enjoyed THIAF more than Thief Gold. In Thief Gold, I never would have even attempted a clean hands+ghost run because your movement skills are so fucking limited, but at least in THIAF you feel like a skilled thief, instead of a bumbling asshole.

You only feel like a bumbling asshole if you play like one, you bumbling asshole.

ThiAf just plays pretty animations while you do nothing. Actual Thief games make you do things for yourself.

Oh and I can't believe I forgot to say

Was Holla Forums honestly not contrarian enough for you already? Christ.

Fair enough. I wouldn't say you do nothing in 3/4, but I get where you're coming from. The skill level in required in Thief Gold to gracefully navigate levels is probably beyond me.

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't like the original doo sex. It's such a well-rounded game, so much character, scope, and ways to play it.

Holy shit I'm the exact same. I loved MGS1 and MGS2 but for some reason just couldn't get into 3. I'd set aside entire nights just to try and get into it but I just couldn't for some reason.

diablo II, although I was probably doing something wrong
played diablo II for the first time in a really long time, I was a small child last time I played
picked barbarian because barbarians are always good for beginners and I vaguely remember an AOE ground pound or something
run around never dying, hitting things while we both stand still
when I level up I dont put it into a weapon because thats gay what if I pick up a good weapon outside of type?
dont pick the shitty 2 hand ability because was useing shield
the only ability that dosnt seem like a complete waste is find potion because I like not dying, level that errytime.
inventory full of potions all the time
spend most of the game porting back to town to sell potions and buying town scrolls.

also, and this is the worst offender
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

is it worth it to try again, this time with necromancer maybe?

Make a Hammerdin. You'll rip everything apart and have a fucking blast.

Left click = Blessed Hammer, right click Concentration Aura (boosts Hammer damage).

Your build at the end will look like the pics.

While leveling, start with 1 point in Sacrifice and Might, and just run around killing everything. Save your points until you're 18, and then spam the fuck out of Blessed Hammer and Concentration until they're both capped, but making sure to work your way down the Defensive tree to Redemption and Salvation.

Flick on Salvation when fighting extremely strong casters (pumps all-resist to the moon), and momentarily flick on Redemption when you need health or mana, since it vacuums up dead bodies near you and converts them into health and mana.

Eventually you'll pick up Holy Shield and buff yourself with that, and that's all there is to hammderdins. Spin to fuckin' win, don't even need good gear, just throw on whatever caster shit you find and you're golden.

Mobas, I LoL for an hour wondering why I'm not playing age of empires instead. Or warcraft 3.

What kid didn't spend that much time running around in the village, looking for blue rupees, climbing on everything and checking out the forest?

They certainly scale better and better as you gear up, but damage is never an issue. My most successful HC run was a 100% untwinked hdin that I took all the way to river of flame on Hell before eating shit on the smith. Besides maggot lair which was pure fucking AIDS, I was never not ripping shit apart.

I didn't like The Witcher or Morrowind.