Why No VR Mecha Games?

Why is no one capitalizing on this? Seriously, make some Steel Battalion shit for VR already and I might actually be tempted to pick up a VR set in 2-3 years

sort of mech

That would require effort OP, VR is just a gimmick to sucker in retards. Always was, they never intended to do any work.

Nah, only the smart missile actually tracks the target. Everything else is aim-assist after you start shooting at the enemy thanks to using the head of the HMD to point the weapons being less than optimal accuracy in fast paced movement.

I own PSVR and RIGS, ask me anything.

Do you regret your purchase yet?

Let me dream, damn it!

its like you want to kill the mech genre even more in the west

Not to mention no average consumer can even afford Vive so spending tons of money for a game that have such small userbase is completely retarded.

Do you have any self awareness, OP?

How about you actually read the OP you illiterate nigger.

Not at all. It's not worth even $400 if all you wanted was a mech game and you got RIGS, or if you wanted a roomscale, Vive-like/wiimote interactivity. But for cockpit sims, it works well. Haven't had it lose tracking on my head in the 5 hours I've put in it. However, if you want a fun experience and have several games that you'd play, like EVE Valkyrie, DriveClub(Which I've heard is made by shit devs so I'm weary), and if Ace Combat 7 ever comes out, on top of having $400-$500 to drop on all the hardware, it's still good.

For landscape shots/stills, it's 100% noticeable lower quality. For anything else, it's solid. And if PC drivers are ever made, I'll use it there, too.

I'm sure someone will make a 3rd party software for PSVR like they did with DS4 controllers

I hope so. It's really affordable (for enthusiast tech) and pretty convenient that I could walk into a store and have it in hand with the ability to return it if it was shit. I don't know where the motion sickness meme comes from, I don't feel sick in the slightest and RIGS is apparently more nauseating than other titles.

Like I said though, unless you have a longer list of games that you can use it with, it will almost never be worth it, and they really have to use it well otherwise it could just look like shit.

Vox Machinae is the only one I know. Mechs aren't popular for some reason that eludes me.

I think the problem with "Nausea" in VR is just that all these journos who write articles and make videos on them are weak stomached bitches

Exactly what I want, I will keep a close eye on that game

I assume so. They're either women, who have statistically higher chances of having motion sickness in general for some reason thanks to genetics, or a numale that might as well be an ugly woman. I was expecting discomfort and the worst that happened was my eye started to hurt a bit after playing for an hour and a half, which is to be expected when you have a screen by your face like that. Otherwise, minor headache? Could also have been from how I had the thing strapped to my noggin.

Because people don't make videogames in VR.

Mainstream VR has begun 3 days ago and it'll take until the 10th of november until it really begins. Rigs may not qualify but I'm confident that we'll see a worthy spiritual successor for pic related in VR before the next generation of HMDs starts.

Lie to yourself, not to others.

user, that'd require work and effort.
It'd also be too fun so no one's going to make it.

Nah, I should continue speaking the truth, even if it triggers faggots left and right.

What exactly do you think you said that's triggering? Do you think someone disagreeing with you makes them triggered?

This is one of the things that baffles me. There's no mech game where the game starts with then telling you you're controlling a robot, and you start on a giant mech either on treds, or walking. That has a "use the throttle to move." Function and has your commander warning you about things that can cause motion sickness and the like and stories that keep you grounded and help you adjust to your new robot body.

Another genre that I'm shocked they haven't made is a new God Game. Why isn't there a game where I'm a floating diety with two hands that I can use to do things. Grabbing the world to reshape it, clawing out valleys, piling up mountains, smoothing out meadows for people to build and farm on. Shaping rain shadows and stuff. Grabbing the ground to pull yourself along and move the world, reaching up to the sky to grab it and change the time of day, waving your hands around to perform miracles. Go into your worshipers, use the VR to design your own emaculate temples to gather more prayer power, and lay out streets and things and just build up an ever expanding empire as a powerful God.

How close to death are you user? You know it won't take centuries but only a few decades until the turing test becomes a solved problem, right? Because it's getting easier day by day as flesh people become more NPC-like in their behaviors and thoughts.

sage for doublepost

Check out Tethered.

mech is drek

Did you not remember Heavy Armor?

Also anyone got a link to that DCS Mechwarrior game some Slav was making?

It doesn't sell, especially in the west.