Why do people even like this garbage?

No data plan? Fuck you.

Live in an area that isn't a city, and has subzero temperatures? Double fuck you.

Want to hatch eggs or catch pokemon while on public transportation? Quintuple fuck you.

W-wait, what do you mean you can play Pokemon games anywhere you please without an internet connection, and catch as many pokemon as you please without even walking? Leveling up WITHOUT candy and stardust? Over 720 pokemon!? Stop talking nonsense, there's no such thing as a 'three-dee-ess'. Now shut up and buy pokecoins like a good goy.

Aren't only the most die-hard queers playing this garbage? And they'll never be convinced so why bother thinking about it.

Who let the normalfag in?

POGO has been dead for 2 months. Leveling past 20 is a chore, and past 30 impossible if you don't cheat.

1. Low level pokes become harder to catch as you level up, which is retarded, just so you need to farm\buy more pokeballs.

2. A dozen monsters make for 90% of spawns. No way of effectively hunt\farm rares.

3. No pvp meant dead on arrival.

*still playing

Nobody in my town plays this shit anymore from what I've seen (during the first couple of weeks you couldn't go shopping or anything without seeing at least a couple of people playing it).

WHO CARES

This is not an argument. If you have a smartphone, you should have data you stupid bastard. You don't even need to sign up for contracts anymore, tracfone and other pay as you go companies offer their own SIM cards you can install in whatever phone you want, and then you can buy data 500mb or 1gb at a time. Contracts and plans are still ultimate jew-tier but not having data at all, in CURRENT YEAR, makes you pretty much a subhuman retard living in the stone age by choice. Everywhere I go has free wifi and I still have data, and it has proved itself useful.

sage because shit thread, obviously pokemon go is 110% cancer, I just wanted to point out what a backwards asshole OP was.

I haven't had a mobile phone until very recently, hence why I'm a bit slow in checking it out; I'm kind of amazed so many people thought this game was worth their time, because it's pretty clear they've never touched pokemon in their life.

I've got pay per use data for an emergency, but I'm not keeping a constant connection for a shitty app like this, hence why I didn't bother mentioning it.

Everyone playing Go past the first week is a normalfag who was trying to fit in with the "nerds are cool now!" thing that's somehow STILL going on. They never played pokemon, or only played it when they were a retarded little kid and never really grasped the mechanics or developed an appreciation for the game. I'd wager 80% of the normalfags on Go only remember pokemon from the anime after school. People who actually like the pokemon games realized what a shitshow Go was and dropped it immediately.

I work in retail and a woman came up to me the other day asking where the Yokai Watch stuff was, she was shopping for her son's birthday. I asked if he played the games because the new ones just released, and she said "Games? I thought it was a TV show, he watches it all the time". It's still happening. There are still kids who will grow up knowing things only from the anime adaptation that happens to be on TV when they get home from school, never playing the games. And then in 20 years when Nintendo's zombie corpse revives yokai watch as an app for peoples' AR head implant chips, they'll flock to it like today's normalfags did to Pokemon Go.

When I tried Go for a couple days to see how shit it really was, the impact on my data was negligible. The only thing being transmitted is location coordinates and the occasional picture of a landmark. Everything else is already on your phone. Try harder.

I don't like to admit it, but I still play PoGo, and let me tell you it's the shittiest thing I have ever played. It has NOTHING to do in it, other than the most exciting tasks of walking for an assload of kilometers (which would be funnier with an actual podometer), repeating the same spiral pattern over and over to throw a Pokéball in a special way for an extra 10% of experience and tapping your phone's screen for five minutes until the enemy Pokémon dies.

Just, what the fuck were they thinking? This game could have been fun had they implemented real Pokémon combat, or introduced some social features so you could play with your friends (the only way you have to interact with friends is either by gangbanging enemy gyms together or putting a capture module in a Pokéstop), or fucking put back the Pokémon tracker the game had before it was released worldwide (which, by the way, has stopped working ever since, and only started to fix it in SanFran of all places), the game could have some sense of thrill to it. But it doesn't, and there is fuck all to do in the game.

On top of that, it was made intentionally clunky to play (you have to have your phone out all the time) to sell that shitty P2W device. I could stand this if at least the game was fun, but it isn't.

What the FUCK is Niantic doing? The only semblance it has with Pokémon is the monsters. It plays nothing like Pokémon (power level instead of proper stats, levelling done through retarded candies and pixie dust, two-attack moveset, not turn based for whatever retarded reason…). In fact, it plays like nothing. It's just an AR walking simulator.

Niantic has said the game was still in development and were actively adding new features to it. Meanwhile, the game has LESS features than on release (because they were bugged and had to be fixed, but that was mid summer so go figure), and the only major update it got was buddying (walk even more to get a measly fucking candy) and team leaders giving you some clues about your Pokémon's IVs. Yeah, the most cancerous mainline feature is one of the only resemblances the game has with the real thing. It isn't even hard to fix the "nearby Pokémon" feature, considering how simple it should be code-wise, but I guess they kinda forgot about the rest of the world since they are all shitty SanFran hipsters and it works in there. Some Pokéstops in public places have also been removed for some reason, so yeah, it's shittier than it used to be some months ago. Meanwhile, no legendaries/events, no trading (supposed to be their "top priority" feature), no second gen… it's like they are just wasting their time in hopes the autists that still play their game become cash cows in a game where there is nothing to do, or the game simply dies off. They are just releasing small bugfixes and features nobody asked for, as if they were laughing in your fucking face.

Why do I still play it? Because I am a retard, a masochist and I am betting on this shit excuse for a game they have being just a rough sketch of what they have planned and just revamp the shit out of it in some major update. But honestly, as months pass without any movement going on in game (I think last update just lets you fight in ally gyms with 6 Pokémon, which was probably line of code away), I am just starting to realize maybe it would be better if Niantic just fucked off and went bankrupt.

I tried playing the game in bumfuck nowhere. I had a shitty GPRS connection in there, and basically, I was unable to play it. I have also run out of my data plan, so no more playing until it gets restored.

Gee, I hope you guys don't do this.

Fuck, I just wanted to catch some pokeymans…

just emulate, clownpiece

If you a moron, maybe.

user

the game isn't good, don't bother playing it, you are not missing out on shit

everyone has already moved on

Yeah. They blocked rooted phones to "prevent cheating", even though everyone has cheated the game to death already and they can't prevent jailbroken iOS (which isn't even required since there are already some non-jailbreak cheats for it). There are some apps and Xposed modules to hide root from your other apps, but honestly, it's not worth it

Btw, is your pic some Live2D in 3D demo?

As surprising as it seems, a quick search reveals it looks like even Reddit has started calling the game on its bullshit. Pokémon fans have stopped playing, the normalfags have stopped playing, Reddit has stopped playing. Who's left and who will remain after winter? I heard the game got to 5% of its initial population already. How did they even manage to fuck up a Pokémon related product?

Why even bother complaining about Pokémon GO when everything they could have possibly done wrong was done wrong? There's nothing of value there. It's like complaining about fucking cookie clicker.

Do you not understand what the "game" is about? This shit is not about you, it's about getting topographical and pedestrian data by means of croudsourcing, with a bit of marketing spiced in for a bit of side profit. The pokemans are just there to motivate you like the useless faggot that you are

Does anybody have any sourced statistics on the playerbase?

I am fairly certain Google could already track my position without a superfluous app, considering recent news on how not even disabling location data could protect you from their tracking. In fact, the data Niantic used to build Ingress (and latter this shitty thing) is in fact phone density maps provided by Google.

Nope, Wifi is more than good enough.
It's a good choice. Fucking NSA target beacon doesn't need to be connected all the time.
See?