Wii U Habbening thread

So, last week someone on GBATemp released an IOSU kernel exploit as Hillary Clinton, and then today someone registered as Donald Trump and released an application to get OTP access.

What that boils down to is that the exploit people have been waiting for for a straight year is now public, usb loading soon.

gbatemp.net/threads/rop-from-within-ios_usb-5-5-1.444369/

gbatemp.net/threads/otp-access-via-iosu-kernel.445063/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/smealum/iosuhax
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When the IOSU emuNAND finally comes along, is it gonna be released by Jill Stein or some shit?

In any case, downloaded both because I'm taking no chances with this shit.

Can i pirate the Smash DLC now?

smea already had a half-working setup for that: github.com/smealum/iosuhax

No one has been able to use it up til now unless they had access to the exploit though.

You've been able to pirate Smash DLC for a while, this is more for USB loaders instead of with loadiine. Unless you mean with a legitimate copy, in which case, not yet.

Just tried one of the methods fro pirating the DLC but all it gives me is a black screen, i'll just wait until it becomes easier.

Holy shit, what is going on with those usernames.

I love this, this is one way to meme them into having them vote, but not really. Either way, the exposure in that shithole is nice.

Is it safe to connect my wii u to nintendo servers? That dlc piracy seems to require updated smash.

Ok, what does this mean for the end-user as of this post? Nothing right? Still need to wait for smarter people to do something with it?

This is exactly what's fucking wrong with the Wii U scene. People sit on this shit forever and the only time anything gets done is when others leak it. These retards have their head so far up their ass it's unbelievable.

So waiting game until something interesting comes along?

What's the use of opening up the Wii U anyway? Backup loaders and emulators via vWii already exist. What could the U emulate that the Wii already couldn't?

Pretty much

USB loader access for those 10 games worth playing on the system.

LET THE MEMES BEGIN

That's cute, user

One more.

here's hoping we get USB Loading by xmas and I can go full retard in pirating the everything.

Never owned a wii i see. Just try emulating any neo geo game or anything past 16 bit gen

Your handwriting is pretty horrible.

That probably means the emulators are badly optimized. I remember Neo Geo games being sold on VC.

I write like a doctor having a seizure, fucking sue me. I could probably emulate the Mr. Saturn handwriting quite well if I tried

Anyway, last last one, since I am autistic enough to really want to put emphasis on it.

kawaii

c:

Yeah but now something might actually happen. Up til now it's been playing hot potato with who gets this or who doesn't because what if Nintendo patches it hurr durr but this time everyone has it.

Update it but then set the dns back, an update may follow but 5.5.1 is still vulnerable.

Someone spoonfeed me. Have we already reached the point where you can mod a WiiU and pirate games then?

Kind of. We can run basic homebrew via an exploit in the browser, and we can use the homebrew loader to run pirated games. However, we can't play them online and we can't run them via USB (SD only), so we're shit out of luck unless the IOSU exploit works.

I'm pretty sure whoever is doing this is having a laugh.

Whoever this guy is, I salute him for doing it.