Are there any games out there with lore and setting as crazy, exotic, and strange as Morrowind?

Are there any games out there with lore and setting as crazy, exotic, and strange as Morrowind?

Skyrim

I agree with this fellow user!

I can think of one.

Yes

This is a smart man, you would do well to listen to him

DF generates some crazy lore, but it's not as balls-to-the-wall crazy as Morrowind.

Pathologic Classic HD is a niche game like Morrowind with similarly wacky lore. Except the lore is a lot more demented, nihlistic and gory in Pathologic (its a horror game)

These two distinguished gentlemen are correct.

Can the game also be complete garbage like Morrowind or you want something actually good?

these people are your friends

Morrowind has the best lore I've seen so far.

If I had the willpower to make a game I'd try, I'd really try.
Like a lot of people I've written some stuff, I've had ideas, but I'd probably at best make a blueprint.
You can build a world and fill it with lore, go so far as to designate how the game would play with ideal interactions and the intended flow from beginning to end and then some, but until you actually make something you're still just an idea guy.

Oddworld

You don't even have to try, all you have to do is find some IRL lore and rewrite it.

That's what Morrowind did and faggots eat that shit up

Morrowind's lore isn't crazy or strange, but it's extremely intricate and transcendental. Exotic? Definitely.

Alright, mr Scholar. Lets see how you read the whole Tripitaka.

Writers who don't even try to do this are hacks.

With my eyes, though it's pretty overrated 2bh and the fan fictions make it even harder to follow its trail.

Uninspired writers going off of how their college English classes told them to structure their writing are hacks yes.

This has better lore and exotic setting than most vidya to be frank.

"The holy one returned at last, Vehk, golden with wisdom. His head found its body had been tenderly used. He mentioned this to Molag Bal, who told him that he should thank the Barons of Move Like This, 'For I have yet to learn how to refine my rapture. My love is accidentally shaped like a spear.'
So Vivec, who had a grain of Ayem's mercy, set about to teach Molag Bal in the ways of belly-magic. They took their spears out and compared them. Vivec bit new words onto the King of Rape's so that it might give more than ruin to the uninitiated. This has since become a forbidden ritual, though people still practice it in secret.
Here is why: The Velothi and demons and monsters that were watching all took out their own spears. There was much biting and the earth became wet. And this was the last laugh of Molag Bal:
'Watch as the earth shall crack, heavy with so much power, that should have been forever unalike!' "

There's been a lot of ted threads lately.

Bronze Age and early iron age is Best Age

wish you could use mechanical monsters that i read about in the lore.

Game?