Emulation General

I'm starting this because I need them answers but let this be also emulation general.

I just tried retroarch for android and GBA works great. Would like to try pokemon heartgold fo NDS but god damn, the only emulator that appears to be working on phones is some Drastic DS shit with a price tag.

Anyone with experience knows any good working NDS emulators that don't require shekels?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=r2.5.0.3a
my.mixtape.moe/teestb.apk
www5.zippyshare.com/v/5zYvifrB/file.html
www84.zippyshare.com/v/0BdYnQx3/file.html
www84.zippyshare.com/v/DXnRQFpK/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah faggot, it's called downloading and installing unsigned APKs.

That's first what came to mind, but apparently that one has some protection that fucks with the screen and shits up the load/save function.

That's why I'm asking for people with experience.

lmgtfy.com/?q=r2.5.0.3a

Try desmume
The only problem is the occasional crash in rom hacks and you can get around that by making save states often

I tried desmume core on retroarch and it works fine with exception of framerate which is terrible. Tried all configuration about it, and honestly changing it's settings doesn't help in the least.

I got impression that drastic emulator has some magic about it.

Get back to me when Android emulators are able to use high quality filters like video related.

If they can, then I'll buy an NVIDIA shield right away

Any other high quality emu channels than John Godgames and Free Emu?
They're good at capturing shit.

Metroid looks fucking amazing here,

Drastic can increase the internal resolution but Nvidia shield is shit for emulation, especially DS emulation.

The Desmume core in RA is horribly outdated(as is the case with most cores). Use the standalone.

Is your phone rooted?

You can pirate Drastic, ppsspp and epsxe that way

Or there are cracked versions of the 3 around so you don't pay for emulators either way.

Here is a version of drastic that works very well and doesn't need root

my.mixtape.moe/teestb.apk

I get it, okay? I used to like playing pretend portable PC with my Android smartphone as well

Yeah, the novelty of being able to play console games on the go was great after the first couple of years. I even had shit like Bochs and Dosbox to run a limited set of PC programs

But eventually you come to realize ARM chips are hitting a performance ceiling lower than x86' floor and smartphones stopped getting any fucking better after 2015, coupled with the fact you still have no proper buttons, the novelty really wares off. Its a waste of time

Says it is corrupt

casual

i will try to upload it somewhere else, just wait matey

How playable is it?

Here:

I know it works, i just installed it to a friend's phone yesterday because he was a fag and didn't let me root his phone

What is Citra current status? Can i play it on my i5 ?

Varied, though I only have my laptop as a reference, can't talk about real mustard race experience. I played SMTIV mostly, so here's my thoughts.

Cutscenes all play at 5 FPS consistently in almost all games.

3d renders reasonably, outside of the largest areas it's in around 20-30 FPS.

2d that's not cutscenes (dialogue, menus) sometimes works too fast.

Overall, from gameplay perspective works perfectly, never crashed once and currently nearing completion of NG+.

Had a glance on Pokemon and they sometimes had outlines trailing, but otherwise worked well and reasonably quick.

>try not to feel too bad

Is there a way to fix the shadow problems in the PS2 SMT games?

Use the opengl renderer.

Well here are all of them in case you need OP, no root required

Drastic 2.2.1

epsxe 2.0.6
www84.zippyshare.com/v/0BdYnQx3/file.html

ppsspp gold 1.3.0.1
www84.zippyshare.com/v/DXnRQFpK/file.html

PPSSPP is already free

Thanks breh

but you can have a gold icon!

but seriously, idk since i never used the free one but i think there were a couple of features in the gold one that the free one doesn't have

Literally nothing is different apart from the icon