Miyamoto was once an eccentric, humble lovable elder and driving force of Nintendo's creativity

Why does this happen, Holla Forums?

Who cares though?

He got old. It will happen to you, too unless I find where you live

Pikmin 3 is pretty good, my dude

Sounds like Nintendo since the N64

Eh, I liked pikmin 3.

Are you offering to make anons immortal if they give you their address?

you're such a
FUCKING FAGGOT HOLY SHIT

Eh, whatever.

Bullshit, GameCube had plenty of classics and a good amount in 60fps as well. It wasn't until the Wii that things went straight down.

Seconding
Also Treasure Tracker.

Never trust the oriental jew.

He is not a jew.

I'm pretty sure nobody would hate him if he hadnt fucked up Sticker Star.

Not his only failure. Not even a little bit. His second biggest failure is perpetually limiting Zelda story, you ever wonder why Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening have the most unique, best written, coolest, most memorable stories? Miyamoto fucked off for those projects. Ever wonder why Twilight Princess has a shitty, messy, loose, limp-dicked story? Miyamoto was forced to let the game have a story and he fucked up. The rest of the Zelda games have utterly basic, uninteresting, cliche, shitty stories. Miyamoto's fault.

He didn't keep up with technology.
It's why ComSci professors can be 70+ years old but know more about computers than any 20-year-old game dev.

Wouldn't that apply to you, who wants the same old games to still be made? I dare say Miyamoto knows exactly what the majority of gamers want today more than you.

List 10 top-tier games.

No weeb games, no multi-plat, and no games that later went multi-plat.

Protip: you can't.

There is a concept in neuronal networks known as overlearning. Basically, if the neuronal network is trained on too much input, it starts matching patterns in the weirdest ways.

Miyamoto just got so good he got bad.

Big business. I blame Nintendo for the current state of video games. Their entire goal from day one was to bring in casuals.

Are you saying there's something fundamentally wrong with old game design, and are you saying that new game design is better? Because I have to disagree. I believe games should use old design philosophy as the skeleton and dress that base in modernity (orchestra music, better graphics, tech advancements, etc). The skeleton, in my view, did not need to change, but it has, and that is our real problem.

killer7
killer7
killer7
killer7
killer7
killer7
killer7
fzerogx

shit the gaycube has nogames

He can make good games, he's just so old and rigid at this point he's better suited for different games.

Paper Mario, a series he never worked on, bad idea
Nintendogs, a series that aligns with his current hobby of breeding dogs, good idea
Pikmin, a series which aligns with his current hobby of torturing miniature carrots, good idea
Starfox a fast paced story driven shooter with loads of bants and replayability, bad idea
Breath of the Wild as the animation director, great idea.

Put him out to pasture and let him make casual games on mobile, the younger generation have already hit their stride, leaving some of the old guard in their current positions has probably negatively affected the growth of some of the younger developers.

His most recent games seem to all have the same problem. Having a way to play that seems intuitive on paper, but doesn't translate well to fun gameplay. All while adopting a classic look in an attempt to appease fans.

But I still wonder what went wrong with SFZ. In the past Miyamoto would insist that game mechanics would be redone until they worked or scrap them and start over if it was clear they wouldn't. But even a few minutes of testing would have revealed that the screen switching, motion controls and cinematic angles for bosses was completely counter-intuitive. The fast paced gameplay simply doesn't gel with the attempted precision aiming using something as clumsy as the motion control of the gamepad. I don't understand why it wasn't scrapped after it was clear it didn't work. They could have easily released a classic Star Fox game(something we haven't really had in about 20 years) and a different slower paced game using the motion controls to make sure their work on it didn't go to waste.

Miyamoto has been nothing but cancer to Nintendo and game design overall ever since he chopped up Mario Galaxy 2's story because he hates story in Mario games.
He would rather the series stay simple “someone is kidnapped, save them.” This infected Paper Mario with Sticker Star, completely stripping away the very popular and funny Bowser of any personality at all. They made what was once a lively bunch of charming original characters into a slew of toads who apparently in color splash will “have their own personalities” just you know look exactly the same, do not help you in battle, and not be memorable because they look like every damn other toad.
What makes this crazier is that Miyamoto demands an insane level of innovation to design other games in other series. He often says things like “We don’t have a good way to innovate this series so we’re not making a new one.‘ This is why we got no new F-zero games, no new Metroid, etc. He has in recent years felt the need to make the policy of any game he has influence over to need to play with whatever gimmick Nintendo’s console is using. This is what ruined Star Fox Zero and made is the insanely critically panned flop it was. Beyond that Star Fox Zero further illustrates the first problem of him being stuck in the past, he reboots the whole series because he hasn't had an original thought in over a decade.

Nope, we just want that risk-taking and innovation that was present in the Old Nintendo. We are tired of conventionality and orthodoxy in our video games, repeating the same tried and true cliches and formulas over and over again. We want something NEW and if something doesn't CHANGE, it gets STALE.

What a time to be alive. We might see the second Atari shock and fall of the giant.

I wouldn't mind a part of the gaming industry dying so some of the juice can go to the music industry, to be honest.

But the juice already control the music industry, user.

I'd be perfectly okay with this if the Indie fucks who'd be picking up the pieces weren't equally cancerous.

At least we'll still have slavbro games.

I blame the drones.

Indie is just AAA with a different name.
There's legitimate independent devs, but not many of them make sizeable games.

This. "Indie" has mostly been bought out by Steam, it's just another genre now and doesn't really mean what it used to. Indie devs still exist, just not on the "INDIE" page of a shop.

Two problems. He was tasked with producing a WiiU game that finally justified the stupid gamepad and Nintendo needed to get at least one more significant game released before the system died.

To release it with regular controls would be an admission of failure and there isn't any more time or creativity left in him to start work on something else and get it done before the next console is out.

Wut.

Because you put him on a pedestal. Stop that. Accept that everything goes to shit.

I don't even need to. I have no doubt you'd be a snobbish faggot and shit on them regardless.

If John Carmack has anything to do with Kikebook after he's done using them to work on Oculus, I don't know what I might do.

He openly defended Facehook in his Twitter when they got bought out by them. He more or less said he didn't understand why people were angry about it.

Eh

Paper Mario TTYD
F-Zero GX
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Killer 7
Fire Emblem: PoR
LOZ: Wind Waker
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Wario Ware if you have friends
Mario Kart: DD if you also have friends

what do i win

All of these were released on the Wii/Wii U later.
whether or not they're actually better on those consoles is up to you

I already counted out the games that later went multi-plat just so I couldn't rub RE4 and Viewtiful Joe in that faggot's face. I was tryna be nice.
I don't need to be that nice, tho.

Baten Kaitos, nigger.
Also Kirby's Air Ride.
I'm also fond of the 1080 snowboarding game, and FF: Cristal Chronicles.
Oh and lets not forget Eternal Darkness.

My nigga! I got such a kick out of that game. Kirby's Air Ride and Baten Kaidos I actually never got around to. I spent too much time replaying all the games I already got, I liked them that much.

Shoutouts to Soul Calibur 2, tho. One of the best iterations and Link was fun as fuck to play.

Tell me where you live and I'll pay you a visit, user/fairy of immortality.

Innovativeness.

Cristal Cronicles was terribly flawed, tho, but I managed to enjoy it. Dropped it for good when I got killed by the final boss. That was some fucking bullshit alright.
Baten Kaitos is your run-of-the-mill jrpg, but WITH A TWEEST, beautiful art and OST and a fun battle sistem involving card decks, I'd recommend it.
The game uses you as a character from another world, and uses fairly poorly a voice distortion in most conversations that gets really fucking annoying.

You fucked up user, and gamecube has no gaemz.

I liked crystal chronicles but it certainly had problems.

I want my bird dullahan race back.

I'll give you Killer 7, but everything else? If you're trying to tell me that it counts if a game goes from one Nintendo console to another Nintendo console then you need to stop drinking bleach.

eh?

Do you care about the story in Pac-Man too?

You forgot Wario World.

B-BUT MUH OCARINA OF TIME…!!!!

AlttP > Majora's Mask > Links Awakening > Wind Waker = Minish Cap > Twilight Princess > Skyward Sword = Ocarina of Time > Zelda 2

and pokemon XD

Zelda 2 was good, you pleb.

True, you're right.

Zelda 2 > Ocarina of Time.

OOT sucked ass, and so did Mario 64. They WERE revolutionary for their time though, that, I admit.

I loved Banjo Kazooie, every rare game, Goemon, Bomberman 64 and Mischief Makers though

What does this have to do with Zelda stories being meaningless?

I felt like making a tier, is all.

Also, what is meaningful to you in vidya, or is story generally useless to you?

This is some exceptionally shit and obnoxious bait.

Story can have value in certain games, but in Zelda, even Majora's Mask and Link's Awakening, it's just window dressing. The meat of the games are, or at least should be, exploration, puzzle solving, and general adventuring. The reasons the game gives you to do those things is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

Bile Duct Cancer

But chopping up the story was a good idea, the story in Super Mario Galaxy took up too much time and was fucking retarded, Super Mario Galaxy had a better story but still too much, Super Mario 3d World had a perfect story for a 3d Mario Game.

Shiggy should never have touched Paper Mario, Mario and no story is not universal, RPGs need stories or else you have no reason to sit for 20+ hours of generally mediocre gameplay.

Story is extra but that doesn't mean they can't get it right, Majora's Mask wouldn't have been the game it was without the story/narrative people would have just complained non stop about it only having 4 dungeons and having to reset the game every 3 days, it's story gave context to a lot of the games otherwise meaningless events and solidified it as the great game it is, I'm not saying Nintendo should focus more on story or weave a more intricate story, but understanding why the story exists as part of the game would be good, Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess both had shit stories that could have each fucked off. Too much story, the story doesn't relate to the gameplay at all, none of the characters are good and neither of the stories push Zelda forward as a series, the addition of the Godess is Metroid Other M tier shit.

Games in Zelda that got story or parts of the story right.
Links Awakening
Majora's Mask
A Link Between Worlds
Wind Waker.

All the other games not mentioned are passable, e.g. the story doesn't feel like it's standing in my way.

The PS2 also has almost no exclusives worth a fucking damn (It has, but not that many). Consoles fucking died in that era, deal with it.

I still do that tbh.

Systemic.

This, Holla Forums is just a dump for sony and xbox shills. Nintendo is just protecting their intellectual property so that no one exploits it.

This shit is getting annoying. It's starting to just feel like the go to excuse of "the last game sold like shit so it ain't profitable to make a new one/we have no idea what the fuck to do for a new game."
But Shiggy's got so much power he can fucking do whatever he wants. He wants Luigi's Mansion 2 to happen? LM2 gets greenlit just because, no innovation/gimmick searching and gets made by a dev who isn't busy at the time.

Speaking of SFZ, the SF franchise is apparently the only excpetion to Miyamoto rule of a game having a story. And yet SFZ story was pretty damn bland. Even Treehouse Live said that the game would take into account things like whether you got mission complete/accomplished with the first level boss may determine that he would return to fight you later in another level, looks like that feature got scrapped. Also weird stuff like Guard not having an optional "fine tuning" gyro controls (like Splatoon) seemed like a strange oversight considering Zero's controls.

Except it didn't get scrapped.

I'm pretty sure the guy who created the most popular game ever to be made is not out of touch.

They have a right to do that sure, that doesn't mean they SHOULD do it for fan games that are fucking free (Fuck those gamejolt ones that made money.) It's bad PR and makes them come off as old, idiotic greedy fuckers.

Stop sucking their dick.

But that line of thinking can be taken too far in the other direction, like entire consoles which were solely dedicated to gimmicks. Here's hoping the NX doesn't have the same fate but it will

is it investors?

It happens to all great creators user.

Orson Welles revolutionised filmmaking techniques with Citizen Kane, and he ended up advertising frozen peas at the end of his career.

The fact that Miyamoto did something really cool once doesn't negate all of his recent bungles.

oh no what happened to star control?

He still do the exact same type of games people used to love in the past.
Wanna know what really changed? grab a mirror and look at it

got sold off to white slavers

bloody druuge

What if Citizen Kane was good and made no money but advertising frozen peas made money? The guy still knew what he was doing.

Like Castlevania's creator, he made some of the best games ever and now before he started bloodstained or whatever it's called, he worked in doing forgettable mobile games. He said it himself, that it's just what people want and since gaming is a business he needs money.

I think that many years ago the market was different and people did prefer hard and violent games, now people want to just skip through the difficult parts and experience it without any effort. Miyamoto knows what he's doing, and I wish he didn't.

is theere anyone like clint eastwood? hes old as fuck and his movies are good that he directs.

subjective at best

Of course it's subjective, but a lot of people really, really love his games. Castlevania SOTN will always be a masterpiece.

ECH!

I'm proud of you, Holla Forums.
Fuck you Holla Forums

ecchi

Ranked by personal enjoyment, not objective measurement. Majora's Mask>The Wind Waker>Phantom Hourglass>Spirit Tracks>Twilight Princess>Ocarina of Time>Skyward Sword Haven't finished/haven't played the rest.

pleb

Haven't played it.

wow

How the fuck did Skyward Sword go from "underrated gem that's kickass to play" to "piece of shit that proves Nintendo should be burned to the ground" when I stopped playing it for years? It was so responsive and fun, and now it just sucks shit.

people were hard at work pooling their efforts to come up with criticism for it

Time to elaborate.

I'm not truly judging these by quality, but by my personal enjoyment and by their emotional impact.

Games that I have played and finished.
1. Majora's Mask – This game deeply emotionally affected me, I don't believe there is a game I was more immersed, or had more fun in than this.
2. The Wind Waker – My 1st zelda game…therefore I assume I am biased towards it…but I loved the atmosphere and fucking around in it.
3. Phantom Hourglass – I found it to be a fun little game… I never had a problem with the temple of the ocean king.
4. Spirit Tracks – I found it fun, and I liked the music… I never had any problem with the controls.
5. Twilight Princess – I found the game beautiful at 1st but I never found much enjoyment in the game and never connected to any of the characters.Also Zant becoming a glorified loony toon really pissed me off.
6. Ocarina of Time – 4 things hampered my enjoyment of this game.
1. I had already played the spiritual sequel/remake (Twilight Princess).
2. I played (and loved) the sequel (Majora's Mask).
3. The hype as “the best game ever made”.
4. I felt as I “needed” to play the game, thus I kind of “went through the motions” playing it.
Though I have to admit the game was clearly cleverly designed. I also found the forest temple really well designed and atmospheric.
7. Skyward Sword – Man oh man I was hyped for this before it came out. I watched every trailer and read every theory on zelda dungeon. The game…it was so linear there wasn’t any room to explore or fuck around. I found the characters shallow, stupid and one dimensional…lifeless husks with blinking eyes. The “grab the 7 maggufins quest was extremely old by that point. Everything you did in that game was a fetch quest. I don't remember a single song from the game. I found the dungeons boring and a waste of my time…I have never been more bored by a game in my life. Oddly I never had any problems with the controls, but still hated it. Absolute shit. Zelda was pretty hot though… I fapped to her a couple times.

Games I have played but have not finished.
1. A Link to the Past – I got to the dungeon were you ride the lines Turtle rock?
2. Four Swords Adventures – My dog stepped on the disk and broke it before I could finish it, pretty fun though.
3. The Legend of Zelda (Zelda 1) – I used a guide but the game got to hard for me because I am shit at vidya.
4. The Adventure of Link (Zelda 2) – I literally could not get out of the staring area.

I haven’t played the others, or any of the spinoffs.

Of the Zelda games I have played:
Best: Majora's Mask
Worst: Skyward Sword

I really liked Skyward Sword. It's not perfect but the dungeons are really cool looking, the music is the best in a Zelda game in a while. It just had some unfortunate stuff in it, but I will still remember that game fondly.

;_;7

I envy your luck with the controls though.

Miyamoto and Iwata both drove Nintendo into the ground, and it's only through a new man at the helm that the company will recover. And this is no bed of roses, because you still have a fucking faggot like Miyamoto making decisions, it's not until Miyamoto unexpectedly retires that Nintendo will recover.

Miyamoto is a manchild, and the only games he knows how to make are games people don't want anymore. But he thinks that the Nintendo brand name is all he needs to continue to be successful.

I'm sickened.

Yeah, thanks for your input Mr. Bullshit.

Nintendrones truly are the most special snowflakes.

No fan game that got DMCAd had any Nintendo assets in any of them. No Mario's Sky? NO NINTENDO ASSETS, everything was made by hand by the developer. AM2R? NO NINTENDO ASSETS, it would have been impossible to use Metroid 2 textures in the first place.

We all get old and out of touch eventually, user. It'll happen to you, and it's sure as shit happening to me.