Bloodborne Thread

Anyone have any favorite weapons or armor? Maybe some favorite boss fights or builds?

I am currently fighting orphan of kos and getting my shit kicked in.

Other urls found in this thread:

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=bloodborne
imdb.com/title/tt0478988/
imdb.com/title/tt0091083/
imdb.com/title/tt0089885/
imdb.com/title/tt0643104/
imdb.com/title/tt0660793/
imdb.com/title/tt1204950/
imdb.com/title/tt0065669/
imdb.com/title/tt1498878/
imdb.com/title/tt0083907/
imdb.com/title/tt0092991/
imdb.com/title/tt0106308/
imdb.com/title/tt2011276/
imdb.com/title/tt0119081/
imdb.com/title/tt0113409/
imdb.com/title/tt0884328/
imdb.com/title/tt0093777/
imdb.com/title/tt0084787/
youtube.com/watch?&v=wG9_lLYS-sk
exhentai.org/g/934856/1475bf9284/
bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Beasthood
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rakuyo, Simon's Bowblade, Chikage, Whirligig Saw

simple hunter's set, maybe the Old Hunter set

Maria, Ludwig, Amelia, Gehrman, Logarius, Amygdala, too many to keep naming them

Last time I played I used Logarius' Wheel which might be the worst possible weapon for the Orphan, but it made me like the second phase a lot more. I think the second phase is a lot more fair than the first one.

I always heard the second phase is harder? I am trying to summon someone for the boss since element weapons do shit damage to him. I also can't rely on visceral attacks like I did with an old character since that is based mostly on skill.

I used to think the second phase was harder too, but having to fight it with Logarius' Wheel let me have the time to appreciate the whole moveset since you have to play more cautiously. First phase has some annoying tracking and shockwaves with certain attacks, second phase is manic but very fair. Good luck with the summons unless you're playing online, I don't think there are any NPC summons in the hamlet.

Are you sure? I think it's just related to your weapon's damage output. My last build was Str/Arc and I could get through the first phase on a few visceral attacks.

A big part of the damage of a visceral attack is skill. The damage is based on your skill and your level. Kind of just makes skill builds even more overpowered.

Viscerals Scale with Level and Skill

So if you're doing Arc/Str/Blt builds with no skill (lel), you're going to get shit damage.

I would study the shit you mention.

Took me around two hours of constant dying to beat it.

I've heard this, but I invested no points in skill and still got over a thousand damage per visceral, at maybe BL85. I don't remember getting significantly more (like 150% or more) on a skill build.

I am playing online, but I am still getting no summons at around level 85. Would anyone here want to help me with it?

I've played the game I think eight or nine times and he still gives me trouble, it's not just you.

I would if I had PS+ but I don't, sorry. I think I remember you requesting help in the last thread too, how long has the orphan been giving you a hard time?

So far for about an hour. Reached the second phase once so far.

The build I platted the game with was level 120-ish with 50 skill and got around 2.2k damage on viscerals.

Blade of Mercy, Rakuyo, Logarius' Wheel, Moonlight Sword and Bloodletter
Still need dual Steak Diners in my life. That alone might be my biggest disappointment with how equipping weapons works in BB.

I like to mix and match stuff but if I had to name a full set, it's a tie between Eileen's and Executioner's.

Amelia, Gehrman, Ludwig and Ludwig

Phase 2 Orphan becomes surprisingly simple once you realize you can dodge almost everything he does at close range by simply circling him.
Also, in phase 2 he doesn't have as much ways to smash your face from mid-range in a split second. IMHO, that's what makes phase 1 so dangerous - like Maria, he's designed to punish back evading and healing right after you get hit.

It took me about 3h to beat the Orphan on my first playthrough.
I think I had the game muted when I beat him. Those ungodly screams really manage to get under my skin. But that's kinda BB's schtick; I play the game with the sfx at 50% and it's still loud as fuck.

Replace one of those with Maria.
The all-nighter with Odin Sphere is starting to show its consequences.

If the graveyard gank squad and papa gaspedal aren't your favorite bosses you can fuck right off.

What would everyone say is the hardest boss in the base game? I would have to say logarius or ebrietas.

From the vanilla game, I'd say it's one of those two, yeah. Maybe Ebrietas. I never know how to fight her close range besides baiting the head slam and her charge attack is retarded, especially when you take more damage from a tentacle scraping you than being directly run over by her.
Gehrman was extremely difficult for me in my first run but I eventually learned how to consistently deal with him. Ditto for Logarius; he becomes simple when you learn when to expect the quick arcane burst attack and phase 2 has a lot more opportunities to stagger him.

All that said, I'm almost tempted to say Amelia. Like Laurence, she has a huge move set and is all over you throughout the whole fight besides when casting heal. It's one of those fights where I tend to use a lot of items (be it vials, mist or fire paper).

Oh yeah, Shadows of Yharnam are criminally underrated, probably one of the best multi-enemy boss fights next to the Maneaters.

Are we including the Chalice Dungeons as part of the base game? Excluding the chalices I'd say that Logarius is the hardest, Ebrietas wouldn't be so hard if it weren't for her charge attack. Including the chalices it's either the depth 5 Pthumerian Descendant or the depth 5 headless Bloodletting Beast.

I am speaking of the base game, yes. I do agree though that bloodletting beast has got to be some of the most bullshit fight in chalice dungoens. Same thing with abhorrent beast as well. IF you are arcane or using the bow blade, pthumerian gets easier.

If the bowblade is fair game then you can take out the abhorrent beast by just walking backwards and firing arrows, since the lock-on point hovers right over his head and it will cripple after a few shots. Pthumerian Descendant I am convinced is only possible with viscerals, that dick has absolutely no cooldown.

Problem with BLB is approaching the fucker but once you do, it's no lock-on and wail on his legs all day. Just expect the ground pound and its absurd hit box.
As for AB, that's easily my favorite Chalice boss. It's basically a spiritual successor of the Flamelurker and besides the lightning leap's lingering hitbox, I don't think it has anything particularly troublesome. I'm just glad Paarl's theme got used in a actually enjoyable fight and I love the gimmick of the bugger growing bigger as the fight progresses. It's also weak to Poison.

IMHO Descendant and the Dog are the crème de la crème of bullshit. Descendant is basically PvP against a button mashing spaz that has infinite stamina, can kill you in 2-3 hits and has a highly damaging projectile that can phase through walls and the Dog, it's mostly the attack delays that are annoying; I could swear the fucker just stops his head in the air waiting until you press a button to do another attack.

Is there a reason to use Logarius' Wheel other than the comedic effect of beating someone to death with a large, haunted wheel?

If you are a strength arcane build with nourishing gems, then it is pretty good. Same thing with the boom hammer.

I know, but the moonlight great sword has good arcane and good strength scaling, but doesn't have poopoo range. I want to like this weapon, but I can't hit things with it.

The hot dog is pretty gay, but it gets better if you have some ranged attacks or learn the dodge timing. Pthumerian descendant with the blacksky eye and executioner gloves becomes very easy to stun lock, but it is pretty bullshit otherwise.

Moonlight greatsword is a quality and arcane weapon making it very hard to use in the early game. It is also the only weapon like that so it is difficult to work your way their to use it.

Logarius gives me trouble, but it's actually a really fair fight.

Ebrietas is "one fuck up and you're out" the experience. Unless you're overleveled and overgeared, which can happen.

Of course, those two don't have shit on Ludwig, Laurence and Orphan.

The dash attack of the transformed wheel is legitimately busted and is a good enough reason to use it on its own.

I never understood why people say that the defiled fire woofer is the hardest boss. His moves are easily dodged except for the charge and biting follow-up attacks. I used LHB two handed and did it as an endurance battle.
When he bit, I would hit his face once and back away, minding the space. When he did his lava puke I power stabbed his leg and hit his face.
As for favorite bosses in no order;
Father Gascoigne
Gehrman
Blood-Starved Beast
Martyr logarius
Abhorrent Beast

Fuck Ebrietas and fuck the Blood-Letting Beast

Ebrietas goes down really easily if you have a weapon with piercing attacks and bolt paper (or just the Tonitrus). Is that your video? Why are you attacking her body so much? Just hover in front of her and wait for her to expose herself, just like the amygdala

I'd assume that's why he specified the base game, fuck Laurence to death.

I'd say it's residual Souls battle stance. Since Dark Souls 2 really hammers down that dance with the giant humanoid thing.

I've just started a skill playthrough and although I just meant it to be a transition weapon i've found myself really liking the Beasthunter Saif, it's moveset is just so nice. I also really liked Ludwig's holy blade just because I loved the idea of slotting a normal sword into a giant oversized sheath and turning it into a greatsword. Burial blade will also probably become a favourite once I actually finish the game on my skill character and get it for NG+.

Gehrman was probably my favourite fight in the vanilla game, I just loved the fight thematically and the actual battle itself is pretty decent along with having one of my favourite soundtracks in bloodborne. Gascogne and Maria were also pretty great though Maria is really easy to cheese.

I usually end up using the default hunter clothing for most of the game just because I love the way it looks.

It's obviously **the fucking crow of Cainhurst".

Fair enough, just curious about the tactic. Don't feel bad, I've watched DSP try that fight for a solid hour

Beasthunter Saif's attacks combined with quicksteps can be devastating, it crosses a lot of distance very quickly.

Just got a ps4 and a copy of bloodborne. Any advice on builds that are particularly effective or just flat out fun?

I would recommend choosing between bloodtinge and arcane, paired with either skill or strength.

You just have to play around to see which direction you want to go with your weapon specialties.
I have a strength and arcane build, and another character with skill and bloodtinge.

PIZZA CUTTER

It's pretty generic but
Strength all day
Health and stamina
Hammer of God and Nail of Christ
Father gascwang/church hunters set, mix and match for top fashion

thank you for the advice

i'm an idiot. what's that?

Whirligig Saw

LITERAL PIZZA CUTTER.

Pizza cutter is dlc weapon though, which is highly recommended if you are enjoying the game later on.

Just use whatever feels natural. First playthrough I did what was on the boxart, Saw Cleaver and Hunter Blunderbuss, just a quality build.

Logarius' Wheel is my most favourite, but I also love the Stake Driver. I'm quite fond of the Kirkhammer too, since it was what I used until I got the wheel on my first playthrough.

So many. The combinations I ended up wearing the most were:
1. Master's Iron Helm or Yharnam Hunter Hat, Gascoigne's Garb, Ashen Hunter Gloves, Hunter Trousers
2. Gold Ardeo, Yahar'gul Hunter Garb, Choir Gloves, Hunter Trousers
3. White Church Hat, Choir Garb, Ashen Hunter Gloves, any trousers

Definitely Gehrman, though I also really like Gascoigne, Amygdala and Ebrietas. I think aliens in non-sci fi settings are criminally underused.

I haven't played the DLC, but from what I hear I'm missing out.

You're missing out

Don't forget the soundtracks.

What says. Tricked Wheel's evade attack is fast, has perfect tracking and a lingering hitbox and a evade/mid combo switch that costs no stamina. You can tear someone's ass apart with that move alone.
Bloodletter and Kos Parasite have similar evade attacks but they're not as good.
What makes the Wheel tricky is that it's the anti-spaghetti weapon. It's effective but requires a lot of index finger discipline to use properly.

Personally, I love using it. Have it for my STR build with Tempering gems and my ARC build with Nourishing gems. It's fun and even if pales in comparison to other weapons (Pizza Cutter is hands down THE STR weapon), it can be viable and you don't have a pro to make it shine so it's not like some guy making a Handmaid Dagger run in DaS3.

Skill. Weapons are fun and you'll have the most options. Strength also has a lot of fun weapons but you probably won't get much mileage from viscerals, nothing wrong with that though.
Bloodtinge are really good but you won't have much options. BT-SKL has the Chikage, Reiterpallasch and Rifle Spear (though the Evelyn will probably your real weapon).
Provided your copy has the DLC, BT-STR is pretty much for the Bloodletter, a remarkably good weapon but, again, you'll tailor the build for it. And Arcane is IMHO only worth dabbling if you have the DLC (best Moonlight Sword in the series plus the Parasite).

If you enjoyed the vanilla game, you should definitely check it out.
and aren't bullshitting you.

Attributes stop giving as much at 25 and become almost worthless to upgrade past 50.
Arcane is a bit different, but you should read about this when you get to level 60 or so.

Took me a while to notice that the second half of the track is based on the melody to Moonlight Sonata, probably why they named him Ludwig in the first place.

what

I'll make a point of getting it soon, I keep hearing that it's the best part of the game but I keep putting off buying it. I never played Artorias of the Abyss either

I heard the Beast Claw gets a totally new moveset or something with the DLC, which sounds good since I really enjoy using it in the base game but it feels kind of limited. How does that work?

Hasn't miyazaki (or however you spell it) referenced composers in soulsborne before?

DLC has two runes (that take up the covenant slot) that actually transmorph you into a different creature, one to make you a beast and one to make you a kin. With the beast rune equipped the Beast Claw gets a different moveset and totally different animations that hunters usually have.

Yes.

dig it. that looks awesome

thanks guys

Never noticed
By the way
say this name
Gascoigne

I remember eileen saying "Gas Kon" but it's implied that she's a foreigner, so it might be wrong.

That settles it.

I'm already on NG+, I think I was about level 90 or something last time I played. Is that high enough for the DLC?

Gas-coin

The dlc scales with NG cycles. Even if you're a high level, you're in unkown territory on new game+ so don't be surprised if your shit gets rekt.

Yeah, just start a new playthrough. You can access the DLC as soon as you beat Amelia but it's obviously intended as an endgame thing.

It's a fine bait-and-switch. What's the earliest sign in-game that things are gonna get gribbly out of gothic?

The statues of amygdalae are the first hint.

The first brainsucker before fighting Amelia.

Also, having too high an insight stat and looking at the church building from the outside.

Not to mention, you can summon Killer Queen by the entrance and just have him shoot the doggo's head until he dies.

Logarius Wheel, Bloodletter, Kirkhammer, Cannon.
Any headwear that looks strange. Gold Ardeo if I want to look like Pyramid Head, Master's Iron Helm if I want to look like Ned Kelly. The executioner or Maria's coat are my go to chest pieces. Cainhurst gauntlets and whatever works for the pants.
Orphan of Kos, Laurence, Maria, Ludwig, Gascoigne and Yharnam.

stake driver and tonitrus
grey wolf cap with the cainhurst armor and leggings

That looks like the lead singer of Portal

That'd be him.

Were you expecting that?

Would anyone wanna help me fight orphan of kos on my arcane build?

Never mind. I just beat him, but it took all of my vials.

Now that I have gotten the kos parasite, I would have to say that it is one of my favorite weapons. My next favorite would probably be the saw cleaver since it's moveset is great for every situation and both of its forms see a lot of use. I prefer it heavily over the saw spear mainly due to the cleavers transformed mode being a lot more useful in my opinion.

Not even looking at the church with high insight, just wondering too close to one of the completely invisible amygdalae's and then stopping to look at the blue light. If you don't have the required item then you just get picked up and held in the air while you frenzy, they are not visible but you can see a faint outline of them which makes them look even more alien. First time I saw an amygdalae was when the DLC entry one picked me up and I got the position of the head and general shape completely wrong.

How do I get the most damage out of the Burial Blade? I have a 40/40 Skill and Arcane build. Normal, Uncanny or Lost?

You are going to want to get an uncanny one and then do all physical gems. The arcane damage is negligible. Raise your dex to 50 as well since that is the second soft cap and the best point to stop dex and strength.

I first realized something was wrong with the brain sucker and all the weird statues. IT first seemd like a game where you hunt werecreatures and vampires, but then it slowly turned into a game about killing aliens. I honestly thought the game would continue with its whole transylvania thing and I kind of expected to start seeing Frankenstein monsters eventually since the healing church augmented humans. When I first saw bolt as an element, I honestly thought that a boss would be Frankenstein's monster or a humonculus.

Too late for that, I'm already 120 and I don't want to over-level. I'm planning a pure Skill build for a different character. Sucks about the Arcane damage not being significant, but I'll just have to commit to it now.

It does kind of blow. You only start to see geat investment in stuff like the wheel and the blades of burial. You could try levelling if you want to go to 150 to around 165 since that is also a popular pvp level, but it honestly is dominated by moonlight great swords everywhere. You having 40 arcane is still decent though for utility and some of the spells and will boost the damage only slightly. Main issue though is that many spells don't start scaling well till 70 arcane and higher. I would also recommend making your skill character a bloodtinge/skill character to get the best of both worlds.

I also thought I should add that if you are asian enough to grind them all, you might be able to get some good damage from the scythe with your build if you farm physical damage gems with the flat arcane modifier, as those are the popular gems to use with the logarius wheel. I think I still have the dungeon codes to get those gems.

9dsqke9r (brainsucker enemies and radials) Pthumeru Ihyll FRC
5pwujscd (Brainsucker boss and triangle) Isz FRC

Try doing for these gems and it should be your best bet and boost the damage well enough. IF this does not work well, then I would just use all physical. THe main reason these gems work on the wheel is due to the multi-hits the second mode has.

Thanks user, I'll try that.

No problem. Another option would be all nourishing gems, but you will definitely need an uncanny scythe no matter what,

Maybe one day… Maybe…

That happened to me too as well, expect I used a friends PS4 to play bloodborne. I beat the dlc and main game while my friend just never even played it past Gascoigne.

My favorite weapons are Uchigatana, Demon's Fist, and Server.

Did you buy a refurb or something?

Ryuko, Blade of Mercy, Burial Blade, and Chikage. Although I'm pretty terrible with the last one. Just can't seem to balance the alt mode with the normal attacks without dying.

I can't remember the name of it, but you get the set after beating that pyrowitch thing in the chalice dungeons. Either that or Gehrman with the Doll's bonnet.

All of the DLC bosses, but Ludwig is my absolute favorite without a doubt. Also, I think Laurence is really underappreciated. Especially his theme.

Obligatory.

The second phase is so fucking great. Evading the beams from his sword is the best thing.

PS4's are really bad with any heat, I know three friends who have bricked consoles from a heatwave.

Move to a place that is eternally cold user

My games room is always cold, but that's still a concern. I don't want it to break down from playing too much.

I screamed a little.

It's pretty shit, but as long as you know the problems and actually think about what you're doing it should be fine. I'm borrowing my friends so i have it on a table away from anything to box it in. The venting seems good enough that it won't overheat from proper use. I think it runs colder then my pc even.

Ah, okay, thank you for this post.

I'm in need of help here. First playthrough and first "soul-like" game, i'm at Martyr Logarius and having some problem,level 60:

VIT:22
END:21
STR:26
SKL:26
BLD:7
ARC:9

I'm using hunter pistol +6 and ludwig's holy blade +7, so a easy build for my first time. Most stems from my movement and the lock in system, also every time i move nearby the fucker start spamming his skulls. To add, i got my ass kicked in by the bloodlicker outside and died i don't even want to remember how many time there.

For what purpose? Get VIT to 27, like any other From game. You shouldn't need to raise END that much in a game like Bloodborne where poise doesn't really exist, so make yourself more mobile and use lighter armor. You should have put most of those END points into STR.

Anyway, did you try parrying at all? It should be fairly easy to parry the enemy since it's a gun and you can parry up to 20 feet away.

Don't dodge to his left, he throws out a skull that explodes and it's always to his left. His close range skull is bullshit and I didn't work out a better way then be fat enough to tank it. In second stage when he thrusts his sword into the ground and starts channeling, power attack his rear, get the visceral, otherwise he buffs and becomes impossible to riposte. He is fairly easy to riposte in second form otherwise. Lastly when he leaves his sword in the ground for the spell, you can hit the sword to cancel the sword storm, easy with pistol.

This is my first from game, so I just went with what I assumed was useful and also autism.
I try to parry but it's always a little too soon or too late and usually I'm too distant from a back charged attack.
I'll rise vit then.

I'll try this then. I noted you can shot the sword.

Also lock in with l3 yes or no? It's useful but it makes getting near or dodging a bit too hard

Why VIT to 27?

1000 hp

Gask-wang.

confirmed for not playing the game, there is literally no equip load in this game.

Any good porn for this game?

The only lewd images I've seen have been for the Doll, Amelia, and Maria

It's not like he was pretending that he had

There wasn't really a good reason to spend that many upgrade materials on your gun since you don't have any points invested in bloodtinge. For the Holy Blade I'd hope you're using the small form, the big one is a little too slow to keep up with him.

You shouldn't be running into any bloodlickers on your way to the boss room if you've unlocked the shortcut, by the way

gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=bloodborne

Maybe, you'll have to look through it.

I've unlocked the shortcut but I was referring to the first time I came to cainhurst.
I used the blood shard on the gun since beside the holy blade and the saw I'm not using anything else and I have a surplus now.
And yes I'm using the small sword

I already went through it by adding another condition -rating:safe and its full of tumblrite shit.

Haven't touched BB in a while. My only IRL friend without entirely shit taste recently told me you can practically negate frenzy damage and buildup from Winter Lanterns Mindflayers and the Brain of Mensis by holding a shield to block the line of sight. Is this true?

Eh, you shouldn't sexualize a From game anyway. Girls are for slaughtering, not fucking.

Anywho
I should hope you also have the kirk hammer, that's the only duo to go with late game for reach and blunt impact counter hits in my opinion , but skill is basically useless for the build you're looking at. I don't know if you can realocate stats in BB, since I haven't played it in a long time, but if you can, find a way to reinvest those skill points, since they're basically useless for you. Even though it looks like the LHB scales with STR and SKL equally, the skl scaling is worse by at least half of the letter's value if not more, so when str goes up to B the skl will still be on C. On top of that, it scales with Arcane the best of the three, and that would be a better stat to have invested in earlier, since skl is useless for the piddly damage of the smaller, less cool weapons anyway and arc lets you do cool magic man shit. I never start my first build as a quality build, I always go pure strength, but that's just me anyway.

May as well try it but no, I've never heard that before. Someone in a previous thread suggested that you can negate the damage by landing a visceral attack right when the frenzy would have taken effect, since the animation gives you i-frames.

Winter Lanterns gave me trouble until I tried a weapon that inflicted a lot of stagger, they melt like butter under Logarius' Wheel.

It's a sign of an STD user.

At +7 it's all B for all three.
However after another 10 tentatives, countless blood vial and 5 bone marrow ash, the fucker is down. Quite easily too, I just parried and visceral attacked him four time in a row

I don't remember that, but I was told it doesn't completely negate the status, but it does reduce the buildup significantly.

is it really? I thought a puffy vulva was related to when a woman becomes sexually aroused. Learn something new every day.

First pic related.

But Gwynevere, Rosaria, Miralda, Desert Sorceresses, Dancer of the Boreal Valley

Judging by the Wikias, you can't go Perseus on those cunts.
is right that doing a visceral as the Frenzy meter fills up negates the effect. Also, tricked Burial Blade's [R2] knocks them down and Simon's Bow Blade's [R2] shot fucks them up. They're terrifying at first but once you learn how to stagger them, you'll see they're a paper tiger (just don't fight two at a time).
Also, kinda bummed we never got a equippable Winter Lantern head. The Bubblicious we get in the DLC doesn't quite cut it.

Sadly, you can't.

Glad to hear my advice helped. From Soft games are all pretty well so similar that I don't need to have played one to help people. I helped my friend Debisuke beat Bloodborne just by suggesting things while watching him.

Yeah, she left Anor Londo with her husband Flandre the god of war, but that doesn't mean she's still alive. Anor Londo fell to the hollow plague, more than likely the age of Dark already claimed Gwynevere who had no mighty power of her own.
I'm not into bloat flies.
She's a cunt anyway.
Mentally unstable, you do not stick your dick in crazy. Never see her face, so fuck no.
Fuck no.

I can dig it.

But those Bs all mean different things; they all say B but it's just in the B range, like hypothetically B does a damage scale of 5-15 points of damage increasing for every point in the stat to be scaled, but the skl has 5 points and the str does 15 points.

It's kind of like how you'd avoid buying cans that are bloated. Yes, they look bigger then the others, but that means there's something growing in them.

Fug, meant for

Only example I know of where a can was bloated.

The scaling for both the two seems to be even: 0.8 and 0.8 while the arcana goes to 0.88. It's pretty even all around

user, you forgot vicar amelia
also have some dancer

>>>/reddit/

Bampu!

I honestly can't tell which of you are more retarded

Probably me.

I will never understand why her beast form got porn and not her human one.

Because it's the sexier form. Too bad she mostly gets /furry/ quality level art.

What 9 Insight shit is that? Go for the deep sea ~ara! :^)

Don't think any artist got Dancer lewds right. For her, I honestly prefer the artsier stuff.

Probably because you barely see her human form in the base game and it kinda sucks that her appearance in the DLC uses the White Church set instead of a unique one.

I don't know but i want to see Amelia human form. She is probably a cutie

Just pixived 教区長エミーリア

What's with that?

Mario is a shit easy boss.

She's basically another hunter that you fight, she has no transformations, no monstrous powers, she's just a hunter who decides that she wants to make your life miserable.

But every one of her attacks is parryable, only one of them is not ripostable, and her choice of weapon is the Rakuyo, which is a trick weapon sword that works like dual wield weapons in Dark Souls 3.

Not difficult at all.

I never even parry because 90% i can beat a boss in fewer tries by learning when to dodge and hit. She's still shit easy with out parrying. Especially with the pizza cutter.

You shouldn't speak authoritatively about a game you haven't played, you are saying a lot of just plain incorrect things.

Pretty much this. She only gets difficult if you try to fight her legit. You can even bully her into a corner and cheese the fight with tentacle explosion of ebrietas.

I noticed that since I am doing a pure arcane build and not a bloodtinge/skill build, i rarely ever even use my firearm or try to parry. I only really use is the loch shield for a few fights and the blunderboss with that one +20 damage per hit gem. I just can't get good visceral or gun damage. I actually thought they would have added some sort of arcane gun in the dlc.

You're very pretentious, please tell me about my tone some more.

The fight actually is a fucking great one if you don't parry.

Honestly, the whole parry system in BB feels tacked on and makes parts of the game too easy.

And you're a sensitive faggot. No number of let's plays or wiki entries will genuinely give you the same knowledge of the game as playing it, and your post just proved it.

Well if you were trying to state things about the game factually and then get this defensive when someone tells you you're wrong, yeah, I think I hit the nail on the head.

Damn, all those hits he was taking was nuts. Getting so close to death a few times like that is freaky shit.

Yeah. Game files got corrupted. I even format console disc few times, but it didn't help. Found out that it was common issue one year, before it hit mine console (it was brand new CUH-1216 series, back then). Store replaced it with brand new one and that one runs well (it had some powering/heat issues, but strangely it got better after system upgrade to 4.0). Till this day, I really don't know, if console got damage through my extensive 5h/per day playing or because I bought used Killzone Shadow Fall, or Remote Play messed up something (it was when it came to PC).

This makes me wonder. Does anyone have anyone have opinions on the most fun weapon to fight each boss with? Not necessarily the most difficult.

Simon's Bowblade is best for Laurence so you can stay out of range. Rakuyo transformed is best for Maria so you're evenly matched. Logarius' Wheel with Valtr summoned (with his Whirligig Saw) is best for Ludwig because he doesn't stand a chance against those two.

I wonder how well a PS4 would handle being taken out of its shell and run in a mineral water bath. Only thing is, it's like $200 for the mineral water to fill a 20 gallon tank.

Err, meant to say "mineral oil."

M-M-MOTIVATED

I know it won't happen, but it would be awesome if in the Dark Souls 3 expansions they add in a ring that makes damage work like in Bloodborne where attacking in rapid succession after taking damage can help recover some of your lost health.

there is one already, and it sucks.

No the Pontif's Left Eye is different, I mean like the sliding bar of red that you can recover if you attack fast enough.

Pontif's Left Eye is a flat (low) value that requires you to make 4-11 attacks within 10 seconds (which is almost impossible considering the number of attacks is based on speed of your weapon).

This shit makes the game seem so easy.

Well, I had mine PS4 for 8 months back then (bought in 11/2015, broke it in 6/2016).

Yeah it makes the game easy, it's like playing DaS1 as a pyromancer.

Oh my god
FUCK

This needs a doujin or a fapfic.

Did your brain just snap, bro?

Willem wasn't the sharpest trick weapon in the workshop

Pontiff's eyes are actually really good with fist weapons and great swords if you swing into groups, and just the farron spin sword in general.
But yeah, the closest you get to that really is the aldrich ruby thing that you get from the curse beast that falls in the anor londo area, but just in the way of the visceral attack recover.
Monster hunter has items that let you pull that stuff too, where if you eat it it will recover all of the red in your bar if you're hit, so it's variably better than healing. Again, not an on hit thing, but kinda similar
Thinking about all this makes me want to make a hunter build and see if I can get bloodborne levels of health regen on hit, but probably not.

Bongo Bongo Bongo, no one cares about dark souls 2

what the fuck is this meme magic bullshit

Doesn't that guy play max stat builds? And I think he does that shit for every game in the series.
I recall checking his DLC bosses video out of curiosity and the fucker skipped Orphan's phase 2 entirely by visceraling half his HP off.

Use Warden Swords+Carthus Rouge and pretend it's a Rakuyo that inflicts Frenzy. :^)

I didn't actually look at what the image was, I just uploaded it because it's in my Dark Souls image folder.

With fist weapons they require like 11 hits, that's pretty difficult to pull off, especially with no reach.

Anyway, instead of doing this you can do sun princess ring + blessed shield +10 and optionally a +10 blessed weapon. Your shield will only be 95% physical resistant no matter what 100% physical resist shield you put blessed on, however.

Alternatively you could use a weapon that has life steal on it, such as the Butcher Blade. But the PLE only heals 30 hp WHEN IT PROCS. Which can be difficult to pull off.

Did you realize that Madman's Knowledge and Great One's Wisdom icons have cosmic phantasms coming out of the skulls? whoa

He has another video (which he links to in the annotations for the video), where it seems to be the same character, except completely maxed out.

I've done an axe playthrough. Then I did whirligig with the expansion.

Which weapon should I do on my next one?

I wish From would make a game 100% about nothing but Cthulhu mythos type shit. BB did a pretty good job, but it was a werewolf game. Dark Souls 3 makes references to the idea of it, including a boss whose name is spelled "Eldritch" in Japanese but got fucked up in translation and spelled Aldrich.

Avelyn, axe and halberd, longsword and greatsword, or longsword super axe is the only way to go man, I don't want to go Warrior Within

I actually forgot about butcher blade, but it actually heals a little with every hit, the sharpen just makes it noticable with 30. I guess I'll go meat cleaver and swap my rings around accordingly.

Hammer and nail, mother fucker

Werewolfism and the beast plague are part of something ancient that relates back to the creation of humans and the time they spent in communion with the gods. It's not half Lovecraft and half werewolves, it's all one big thing.

Threaded Cane and ignore the people who are about to tell you it's bad.

literally who

I think you might have misunderstood me. The Butcher Blade heals a percentage of damage, yes, but the PLE itself heals 30 when its own effect procs. Also does anyone know if Server is in Dark Souls 3? If it is, I've never found it.

Oh, no, it's 2 hp per R1, 14 per R2.

Do an Arcane build
or Str/Arc if you want to use the Wheel/Moonlight Sword/Tonitrus

I'm jelly

Got any more images like this? I always enjoy adding infographs and the such to my collection(s).

He probably died hundreds of times before this. And who knows how many times he's fought these same bosses over and over again.

This is a great threat, gives me hope for Holla Forums.

I don't have much to contribute, just doing a ST build my first time with the kirkhammer.

Gonna post any screenshots?

Beasts in BB do share some similarities with ghouls in Lovecraft's tales.

I don't really got much else for Bloodborne, and afaik there's no other full playthrough infographs like that one,

Of course, but even after doing it hundreds of time the idea of doing the same shit seems nearly alien.

If it's a new build, Blade of Mercy. Also, what says. Started the game with the Cane and never once felt it was a bad decision.

If you'll still roll with STR, you gotta wheel some fools.

Never heard that but his Age of Deep shtick does have some Lovecraftian zest. From will ignore it along with all the other cool new shit in DaS3 and the next DLC will be more DaS1 pandering.

I recall seeing a bootleg Alfred build with the Sunset Helm, spooky wheel shield and maybe a Arbalest, not sure.
Shame the skelewheel shield can barely be used as weapon. ''Logarius does Lothric" will remain a dream.

Nope. I think Arstor's Spear is the only weapon with innate healing.

Guy uses a absurdly high level build so the damage lets him stagger bosses often.
If you wanna see some borderline autistic levels of gitting gud, here's vid related.

Eh, fair enough.

Damn.

I never understood that.

That was fucking amazing. Most of the time i think i don't have the patience to wait for the right moment or get too greedy because i want to end the fight fast for fear of dieing.

Actually bleed on a bonewheel shield would probably work pretty well since it has so many hit procs with the wheel of fate skill. And because bleed does free damage even though no one likes it, that alone is viable.
Shit now I think a luck+hollow with tons of bleed would be perfect, especially thematically

I watched his series of Dark Souls 3 no roll/dodge/block series, what a way to make a fight take much longer. He likes to say a lot of stupid shit to be edgy, though. He's good, but could definitely use some humility.

Oh god, not again.

I confess it's one of those things I just roll with.

I'm fairly certain I saw a video of someone doing all of the above plus not running (guy literally walked in and out of range of every attack) but couldn't find it. I can't begin to imagine the hours spent to get 99 Insight on a boss's move set.

All they did was switch "fishpeople" with "werewolfism/vampirism," user. The locals were vampires before they started becoming werewolves. It's all Lovecraftian with a Gothic facade. Once you look closer, you can see the Cosmic.

Laurence is dead in the physical world, he's only still alive in the nightmare. That's why his skull is on the altar in the physical world, the nightmare doesn't operate on the same logic as the physical world.

The Vilebloods? They weren't Yharnam locals, they all stayed by themselves at Cainhurst, and they weren't always vampiric

I know it's a similar deal as with Micolash but it just seems odd to find his human skull there but that's probably because I'm still a bit hung up on the whole "Laurence is the headless Bloodletting Beast" theory. This seems to say no to that but what's stopping him from having one transformation in the waking world and another in the nightmare?

True. That Byrgenwerth scholar did the trick. Still, I wonder why they became not!vampires instead of mammal-beasts like everyone else. They always did feel a bit out of place with ghosts and gargoyles and whatnot.
I imagine it's because they're remnants of the Pthumerian line.

Man, we need another DLC chapter just for that stuff.

Seems a bit unlikely but it's not an unfounded idea. I'd only say it's unlikely that Laurence would end up so deep in the chalices, and it seems like the Bloodletting Beast is the last in a line of transitions that are different to the church beasts (human becomes a ghastly beast, then the abhorrent beast, then the bloodletting beast).

Probably so. Pthumeru fell to the beast plague but as far as we know Queen Yharnam never became a beast, despite obviously being a huge imbiber of blood, and most of the Pthumerians down in the chalices still aren't beasts either. Could be something to do with the quality or purity of the blood, that some of it is safe to consume and other strains are corrupted. Or at least they fester the corruption in humans.

I am certain that abhorrent beast are separated from bloodletting beasts as abhorrent beasts are darkbeasts with electricity.

I doubt it, since darkbeasts are supposed to be undead, and the darkbeast calamity was specific to Loran. Silverbeasts become darkbeasts over time, but we see the Suspicious Beggar transform into a very not-undead creature right in front of the camera, so it's unlikely he's a real darkbeast. More likely using some of Archibald's techniques.

I'm not certain they are, they're obviously supposed to look similar to each other and have nearly identical attack patterns, with the exception of the lightning.

I guess? Nothing you guys haven't seen.

Just smashing the old guy with a hammer.

I think there was something that hinted at the connection. The track used for Logarius and Yharnam is called 'Queen of the Vilebloods' but I think there was a description, Arianna's blood vial IIRC:
A member of the old Healing Church would know that her blood is similar indeed, to precisely what was once forbidden.

Would go in tune with Willem's adage given that Pthumerian's "surpassed Humanity" (another of those "lost in translation" bits) with transfusions.

Another head scratcher. Does the ayyy blood make them generate resuscitating electricity or something?

Kirkhammer is amazingly good. I honestly think it is better than ludwigs blade due to the multiplier. Ludwigs may seem to have higher AR, but it has a much lower multiplier than either of the hammers forms making the hammer deal more damage. Only problem is blunt damage for the hammer being resisted by everything.

And the game also confirms that the Pthumerians were originally just supposed to be servants to the gods before they established their own civilization, so they were probably receiving transfusions under the direct guidance of the great ones, not through some proxy like the Healing Church. Another connection between Pthumeru and Yharnam and another connection between Demon's Souls and Bloodborne, it's human beings who ruin everything, not the gods.

Who knows, they give practically no information about Loran all information about Loran has been lost, I guess? Down in the Loran chalices it seems like something more serious than the beast plague happened, since it's eternally lost in an electricity-fueled sandstorm.

How the fuck do you pronounce it? A French lady I know says it would likely be "Gaz-shawn", emphasis on second syllable, but I'm not sure it's even French to begin with.

Huzzah.

Doesn't Crow waifu say his name after you save her? She says it, Gas-coy-n but with little emphasis on the coy, so it's pretty close to Gas-con.

So I want to get into lovecraft type fiction more. I've read some of his stories (they're all free online by the way) but I want to see some movies with a love craft influence. Anyone got any good recommendations on this?

In the Mouth of Madness

Call of Cthulhu, The Whisperer in Darkness, basically anything by the HLPHS. Necronomicon… Hold on a sec.

* imdb.com/title/tt0478988/ - The Call of Cthulhu
* imdb.com/title/tt0091083/ - From Beyond
* imdb.com/title/tt0089885/ - Re-Animator
* imdb.com/title/tt0643104/ - Dreams in the Witch-House
* imdb.com/title/tt0660793/ - Pickman's Model
* imdb.com/title/tt1204950/ - Pickman's Model
* imdb.com/title/tt0065669/ - The Dunwich Horror
* imdb.com/title/tt1498878/ - The Whisperer in Darkness
* imdb.com/title/tt0083907/ - The Evil Dead
* imdb.com/title/tt0092991/ - The Evil Dead II
* imdb.com/title/tt0106308/ - Army of Darkness
* imdb.com/title/tt2011276/ - The Banshee Chapter
* imdb.com/title/tt0119081/ - Event Horizon
* imdb.com/title/tt0113409/ - In The Mouth of Madness
* imdb.com/title/tt0884328/ - The Mist
* imdb.com/title/tt0093777/ - Prince of Darkness
* imdb.com/title/tt0084787/ - The Thing

Yeah I told her that and she said "if it's supposed to be french, that pronunciation is wrong". I do not know what the devs intended with his name. I really love this game but feel I have little to contribute. You may find it amusing that I never used a Bone Ash or Beast Pellet & had no idea how good they were, or even what they did, until maybe playthrough three.

Could it be a form of counter against the great ones? All the ayy bosses are weak to both fire and bolt.

Also not quite related, but The Tunnel and As Above, So Below are somewhat related.

Is this shit ever coming to PC because I'm not stuffing $300 in Sony's bra to play it

You could borrow a PS4 from a friend.

It'll probably get a PC release a couple years after DeS does.
Just borrow it from someone.

Also no, it's never coming out on PC.

Does someone have a close up of maria? I'm doing my Bloodsouls character right now and I decided the chief badass hunter should be my prototype

Interesting idea. I thought it might be some kind of attempted dimensional breach, trying to recreate the way that Isz laid directly adjacent to the plane of the gods, but that's a pretty boring sci-fi explanation for it. If Loran had tried to rebel against the gods that would be really heretical.

Sony funded the thing so they'd have a system seller, I doubt they'd ever let it get a cross-platform release.

You could just model it after the Doll's face, plenty of close-ups of that

The Plain Doll is a prototype of Maria anyway.

Is it really the same face? I know in the lore it's the same but I just need to be sure.

I assume it would be exactly the same. Anyway you can probably find guides online on how to make whatever character in the Bloodborne character generator.

Roll.

Quick googling.

youtube.com/watch?&v=wG9_lLYS-sk

Other way around

Looking at it seems like she has sharper features. Might just be the lighting

Ah, sorry.

How'd I do so far?

Mario is a prototype of the Doll? I thought the Plain Doll was a Love Doll Gehrman made to look like his pupil Mario, whom he had a fetish for?

Yes, but prototype, in psychology, means what you think of when you say something; your prototype for a sword is probably something with a cross guard, a long, narrow, tapering blade, and a handle that is just long enough for a second hand, with a circular pommel on the bottom. It's like an archetype for objects. So Maria was what the doll was designed after, the thought of the doll is a prototype of maria, which technically is circular, since they're mostly identical, making maria's prototype the doll and vice versa.
tl;dr maria came first, she's the prototype the doll was designed after.

Looks pretty close, eyes need to be a little more slanted.

Who designed Mario then? If it's not artificially created, it's not a prototype. I'm not even sure why anyone even began using that word. The doll is sex toy for Gehrman made to look like Mario. There's no prototype in the equation.

would u fug a doll

ye

The old one.

Okay

What do you meme by this?

That being said, what class should I start with for maximum bloodborne?
Merc has high dex and curved weapons that dool wheel like her Ryuko. Sorc has armor that looks like her stuff and has some A E S T H E T I C to it. Deprived has 10 in all fields, which is what I end up doing anyway because I do goof builds. Knight is the best for endgame start off, but, it's fucking bland, why would I ever. Ass has similar armor to hers, herald is the second highest vit to knight, cleric and pyro are the only two I wouldn't go for.

Absolutely

Also, holy fucking shit have people put too much time into statistics
Is this the pvp of every soulsgame?
Gank squads, grinding for items and builds made excusively for one weapon just for pvp?

Yes.

Anyone still playing BB PvP at this point is min maxed to FUCK.

For maximum speedy-slashy action I'd say just make sure you're on a route to get some dagger-type weapon very early so you can get the quicksteps as a weapon art. Otherwise I'm not too versed in (or attached to) DaS3's build arcs

Yes that's the pvp of every souls game. Also lots of griefing.

May as well just buy the cluster fuck that is dank memes 2.

B-but…
I really like competition and soulsgames.
Why can't I have both?
Why does mitazaki see this as fine?

Because the logic of the moonspeak language gives him a different mindset.

yes
yes
yes
It's not fun, it's not you playing a role, it's everyone just playing the numbers game, and I fucking hate it.

Going merc, going to get the bandit knife later I guess, going to make sure I do bleed all day. I'll post results later

Das3 makes every build mostly viable, you just need to try hard enough at it.
I can usually beat the shit out of people with my dumb builds that I make, but whenever I come across someone with 13 estus and 40billion hp there's not much I can do.

Because people praise him for making bad games, so all the good shit he puts in his games is great, but the bad stuff will always be there because players like having fighting games autism levels of nofun

Well if you sit down and think about it, nobody can really predict this as the outcome, you make the stats, tools, characters etc and then set it loose on the players, nobody can really predict that someone or multiple someones will go max autism and make the most busted and broken builds imaginable.

It doesn't matter what game it is, if it has a PvP component, someone will figure out the easiest route to victory and it will spread like cancer.

Yes they can, I'll do it right now. Every future Miyazaki game with pvp will have autists that will break it with their autism. What you can't predict is how they do it.

That's the fun of Bloodborne's PvP for me. It really makes the payoff for getting that marginally better gem all the more satisfying beyond the satisfaction of seeing the numbers go up.

Well, the whole nation imbibes blood for both taste and medicine. What else do you call that but vampiric?

Does anyone know how good an arcane beast cutter is? Should I use an arcane whipe instead?

I also wanted to ask about if a saw spear is better on an arcane build, as some guy just messaged me telling me the cleaver was shit on arcane builds and to use the saw spear instead.

is the DLC worth it?

I want to play it, but I was wondering if it was worth buying

That's pretty autistic user.
Have you played Warframe?

I don't think that arcane directly boosts weapons' physical damage stats. (cane and beast cutter deal physical damage with a serrated boost against beasts) They must deal innate arcane damage, have bloodgems or the phantasm buff.
If you're going for arcane, you should try to use something like tonitrus, or the burial blade.
Pure arcane builds are tedious and don't pay off tbh fam.

The blood imbibing in Pthumeru and Yharnam struck me more as some kind of arcane (lol) ritual like the ones practiced by the Inca or something, not vampiric. Vilebloods are all vampire all day every day.

The only one you mentioned that has any significant direct scaling with arcane is the Whip, so I'm not sure what you mean by "good for arcane". You mean like good for blood gems? Good to infuse with paper and the empty phantasm shell?

Yes it's worth it
Up to you if you think it's okay to give From and Sony money for chopping the last ten hours of the game off and selling it back to you, but yeah, it's a good expansion

While we're talking about number porn, what's a good way to get bloodstone chunks consistently?
Chalice dungeons got me a few, but that requires one to grind for materials to grind for the other materials.

I have eyes on all the healing rings in D3, but they all look like shit; This build will probably still be fun.

Moonlight greatsword looks like dante's Rebellion a little. My favorite form of it so far honestly. The new weapons are really worth it, and since you already gave the jews some of your cash you've already lost, so just shill out a bit more for fun.
I hate thinking like that but it's really the truth

It is definitely worth getting. It doubles the amount of weapons in the base game and it also adds some great new armor sets.

But I am doing a pure arcane build. I just got kos parasite and have a lot of pretty decent gems for everything.

I mean blood gems, yes.

The earlier arcane advice thing seems to agree that the Saw Spear is the best choice. One thing to consider with the Whip is that most weapons with good direct arcane scaling (Blade of Mercy, Burial Blade) can't be buffed with paper, but the Whip still can, despite ending up with B-grade arcane scaling at +10. For gem imprints I thought it would be a better idea to choose between Uncanny and Lost variations instead of checking weapon to weapon

God knows, chunks are fucking hard to farm. Have you tried equipping the Eye rune?

No I haven't. I've seen a friend play it and it looks pretty bland.

With 40 arcane, 3 eye runes + ayy lmao, where would one go?
An area in the main game close to a lamp with such enemies eludes me. I only know about the gargoyles and the corpse amalgamations in yahar'gul are the only enemies to ever drop the.

Shit I'm tired.
Goodnight Holla Forums

I know they can also drop from the body-parts-mashed-together werewolf recolors in Yahar'gul, and I think from some enemies in the lower chalices.

'night

Shit you already mentioned the corpse amalgams, I guess I'm tired too.

Are any of the sidequests worth doing? They seem incredibly obtuse at times.

Cainhurst is a nice sidequest, which becomes more interesting when you add the executioners quest to it.

I've heard Eileen has a nice rune but I don't know if I fucked up yet.

Depending on how far you are and how many times you have spoken to her. Have you killed Rom?

As long as you're not in the blood moon phase you can probably still do it. The rune she drops is really, really useful.

Depends on what you mean by "worth doing", whether that means they have an interesting story arc or if they give a good reward. Eileen's gives a good reward, the beggar's gives a good reward, Arianna's very important depending on the ending you want to get. Arianna and Adella will also provide you with some additional healing items, the old woman will supply you with sedatives for a while, and the beggar will supply you with beast blood pellets for a while.

Did you help her with henryk? You go back to help her after opening up the shortcut in the cathedral ward area.

You mean the hunter in the area where I fought Gascione? Yea I killed him and she lived, to be honest I don't know where to go now, I killed a witch and I can use runes now, went into the forest and found an underground path with a bunch of giants and poison water which led me back Yharnam, I got shredded by one of those alien things that eat your insight and that's where I stopped last time I played.

The next step with her is to have the moon turn red and go back to the place where you fought vicar amelia for one of the gayest fights in the game. I recommend trying to use poison and running out of his aggro range.

Pretty important ritual, then, if it's so integrated into daily life.

So where did the "bad blood" come from so suddenly?

Cheesing him is such a waste.
Taking him on with augur of Ebrietas is a fun fight.

Keep going down and down to the bottom of the forest to make it through the next bottleneck in the game.

Who knows. The healing blood used by the church is definitely coming from Ebrietas, so maybe you're not supposed to imbibe blood from a human/kin hybrid? (or at least a kin carried through a human surrogate) Seems like most of the references to "corruption" in the game actually refer to the microscopic Vermin that live inside humans, and that's what's causing the transformation into beasts. The Blood-letting Beast (Host of the Beast Blood) is actually being controlled by a giant Vermin, after all.

besides that playing a bootleg maria is kinda fun. Can't wait to get better crossbows to dick around with that.

So this plague is actually parasitical. Kinda reminds me of Las Plagas from RE4 and 5, but with more visible external effects.

You need to have on the confederate rune to summon henryk.

exhentai.org/g/934856/1475bf9284/

You know what surprises me? That there are no hentai doujins for this involving the Doll, or any hentai doujins at all. You'd think ShindoL, king of despair, would be on it.

why the fuck even
this is above and beyond the bullshit of being alone and minmaxed to shit, why do people hate fun? I also can't stand fight clubs, it ruins the spontaneity of invasions.

Saw cleaver hands down. I love that transformation with beast pellets.
Probably wet nurse. She has great aesthetics with a cool mechanic and fun moveset.

I know gamestop has a really relaxed policy on used game returns. Anyone know if used system returns are on the same policy?

If they can nerf gems in PvP only to around 50% it will sort of save the 1v1 'arenas'. Unfortunately, PvP like any other Soulbornes is based on banking and surprise attacks that require to kill them or be killed.

*ganking
LOL

It's the current year and all of these Penny Arcade ripoffs are still going strong.

So what do the beast pellets do

Such appropriate quads.

The pellets give you a temporary Beasthood meter that fills up as you attack enemies, and especially bosses. The higher the meter goes the more damage you deal and take.
Keep in mind that your total Insight nerfs how big your Beasthood meter can be.

BEAST MODE ACTIVATE

Ah, and the meter decays at a rate that encourages you to be very aggressive. Read the wiki for all the technical stuff.

bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Beasthood

They inject it. Although, it does get a bit vampiric if you assume there is a lore explanation for stealing back health by attacking enemies. Its more like a mass drug addiction.

It kind of makes sense that there would be some natural disgust towards beings that ingest blood when you are addicted to injecting it. Kind of like seeing your addiction through a warped mirror.

like HR Geiger

For me, chunks were my side crop. Farmed lots of them while farming pwfm22gu (I imagine every Hunter and their grandma knows this dungeon) for Tempering gems. You get 1 or 2 plus Insight you can also trade for more (or a Rock if you're patient).

Ol' Faithful

There's also ghgvhb2d for Triangle gems. Same deal:

Seriously, for EVERY build but Arcane these are the whole chalice dungeons you need to farm gems.

Meant the only.

Sorry, Mondays are my Brain Suckers.

While the Maria fight is great with no gun, most resort to it because getting the timing right to dodge all her moves without being hit is tough. It is possible though as we can see from this video. Maria NG+6, BL4, no blood vials, no gun, no armor, no visceral attack.

I actually like this very much.

I was thinking of starting a new character soon. I was wondering how good the stake driver is for quality builds because I wanted to try something different.

what the fuck is my mind doing right now

Hey what does this look like?

Does anyone else think that game would have been better if it focused on either the whole Transylvania aspect or the eldritch asepct? It kind of just seemed like a huge jump when aliens come into the picture.

Not particularly. It all fits together quite nicely.
I do think going full Transylvania would be better than full eldritch though if the choice had to be made.

It just seemed kind of abrupt to me. You explored a bit and then you see a brain sucker with alien statues everywhere. When I first started the game, i had a lot of different ideas what bosses would be. I thought the bolt element would indicate that a Frankenstein esque monster would appear or something. I thought the whole dream aspect of the hunter's dream implied more about some sort of boogeyman creature controlling things.

I think that the reveal of the nightmare frontier could have been better. On my first playthrough I didn't realize the significance of killing the wetnurse or what the nightmare was in relation to the great ones.
The cainhurst vampire (?) bits could also benefit from a sequel giving more hints about their blood and what makes it "forbidden."
I know that part of what makes fromsoft games fascinating is the mystery, but some of BB was too vague.
The fact that one can skip half of the game (I think only 6 bosses are mandatory) and may play sections in a confusing order doesn't help the feeling of the overall story either. I don't think either the werewolves and vampires nor the space demons need less time in the spotlight, I just wish that the transition from one to another were more smooth.

Blood Dreg

The whole game's about transition and it's pretty well-paced, what did you think was abrupt? There is definitely a space of time between the first possible brainsucker encounter and the first time you see an amygdala statue.

Nightmare Frontier should have been anything except a fucking rock quarry. The concept art was a lot more dream-like than the final product, and they used that stark sun-baked look the Frontier has to much better effect in the Hunter's Nightmare, along with some more surreal imagery.

Biggest mistake you're making is calling the kin aliens. By that view point you could call the likes of Jupiter/Zeus, Saturn/Cronos, Mars/Aries, Venus/Aphrodite aliens.

The great ones are gods/titans and just like Greek Mythology they are at war with each other, using humans to their own means.

Hey buddy i think you got the wrong door, the /r/gaming club is 2 blocks down

Here's your (you) since you seem to want it so badly.

Fuck you.

Since I'm making Alfred now instead, because Maria is fun and I think alfred might be fun also, what should I do to the bonewheel? It does 100 bleed so I think bleed infusion will bring it down to 34, but even then I don't know what logarius' wheel does as damage; I know it does heavy physical and slight arcane, and then it has a ramp up that does half physical and heavy arcane, but for the bloodsouls look should I enhance it with hollow for more bleed or should I put a dark gem on it for the arcane damage look? In both cases I need to raise otherwise useless stats, but for bleed I just need to up one and for dark I need two.