Rainbow 6 Siege

How out of all recent ubisoft games is this shit still standing?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2015/0529/All-8-women-fail-Ranger-School-Some-Rangers-say-standards-should-change-video
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

'Cause its good and the devs seems like they actually give a fuck about the game.

Basically this.

Haven't played it in a while. Did JSAT come?

No, probably next month.

WEW

okay

Nothing's known about it yet. At least I haven't heard anything.

But why is it just for a few games that Ubisoft seems to care? Do they just make AssCreed and Watch Dogs to make money to fund their smaller projects?

I'm pretty sure Ubisoft doesn't care about any of their games beyond pushing agendas and raking in money.
It's the devs that sometimes care. This is what's happening here.

I kind of doubt it. It probably just comes down to different dev teams. And maybe publisher interest. As in, the games they most desperately want to shill and sell are their shittiest because they want to sell them to the highest amount of people and that's the only thing that matters for those games.

Yeah, probably this.

Better waifus than overwatch imo

How? Siege is ubisoft's copy of CS:GO complete with the standard ubisoft downgrade from trailer

Explain how they're even remotely similar.

turrist hunt mode and a vague story-esque-but-more-like-a-tutorial mode exist. it's no raven shield but it's still fun.

for sure

low quality bait

also yes

The only thing they have in common is round-based matches. You could also say they have the same theme, but CS is largely abstracted from the whole "counter-terrorism" thing.

Even with the downgrade it has a shockingly large amount of players

Is it really that good? I was considering getting it but I'm not sure I like the price tag on it.

wait for a sale.

They had a $15 version for a limited time, that one was worth it.
Wait for the inevitable steam sale.

Even people who like the game agree it's not worth full price. It just doesn't provide enough content (meaning a single player campaign) to justify that.
It's worth it on a sale though. It's definitely fun if you get into it. Which isn't that easy at the beginning, apart from skill, experience and some tactical ideas and knowledge are important. But that just comes from playing for some time.

Just buy it from 3rd party sites, you can get it like 20€ and don't have to give a cent to Jewbisoft

It's a Ubishit Multiplayer Game. By all standards the servers should be barely usable and overrun by hackers at this point. I am confused as well.

They've actually added Battleye and dealt with hackers surprisingly well. Netcode is still shit, but they've at least acknowledged its a problem.

Because its the only good game Ubisoft has developed in several years.

Has someone hijacked a Ubisoft office and forcing them to make sensible decisions for once?

Magical girl operator when?

They're about to release JSAT which is the japanese special forces, so… next month?

I hope none of you guys put on the orange helmet for Jager.
You're basically asking to get shot if you had that on.

I think that goes for all the colorful or bright helmets. It's really stupid to get those.

it's so popular it's always sold out on their own store

A lot of the cosmetics are retarded and just screamed CS:GO for me.

It's still a Ubisoft game. It's still a Western game. Nobody should buy it.

The Division is apparently trying to un-fuck itself. It had potential. But its like they didn't know what else to do after they made the game. And thought everyone would just want to play PVP against hackers all day.

Plus its like they intentionally made everyone ugly as sin. Even though the voice actresses don't even look like that.

Casuals can get out

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dont you think Siege is a closer copy of Starcraft 1?

this tbh

When I played, the worst part about the game was the stuff around it. U-play, custom servers and all that. The game itself is really solid.

thats what all western studios do now, all female characters look like shit.

A lot of the chicks in this game are pretty hot.

Expect Valkyrie

You mean except?
I would really dislike her if she didn't have one of my favorite gadgets.

Doc is pretty great now.

I have 100 hours in this game and im still fucking copper tier. Should I just kill myself and be done with it

Valky best girl

Next month.

One male and one female operator, as per usual. Some audio files have them saying "Hangar Bay!", so the map could be on some military base.

They turned frost into a jap

Wonder if it'll be a female attacker and male defender this time then.

Eh, I was hoping for a mall or something.

The only terrorist attack nip land has had was in a subway

I'd take a subway station too.

Would be nice if they decided to add more maps after season 4.

It has waifus. That's it.

Just about every military FPS map that took place in Japan was in a subway, and I dont see why this would be any different.

They most likely will.

Someone make a thread on this game when they actually try to remove hackers.

They already removed hackers

the only thing blighting the game now is netcode which hopefully by the nip patch should be fixxed

feels bad but its fun anyway

i havent seen anyone blatantly using hacks since they implemented anti-cheat but i still feel constantly robbed everytime i get killed

Are they permanently banning people who get caught?

She's actually a Canadian Chinese chick, probably to reflect Canada's growing demographic.

nigger, you have no idea what you're talking about. i love siege, i really do, but i mean for real. those motherfuckers didn't even put in an anticheat until like two years after release, they still insist on using uplay for the challenges and shit, and they threw out the starter edition because too many people were enjoying their product and they needed to make sure it was at an unreasonable price again in addition to their microjewry. or maybe we should talk about their completely retarded tickrate, which when combined with the Corner Spasm - a method which is in wide use in the competitive meta wherein you get to a corner and start mashing the lean button so you can see and even shoot around a corner while on the other players' end they literally cannot see you, ever - means that half the time that you die in this game it's because someone is exploiting the weaknesses in a truly poorly put together game

again, i can't stress enough that i think siege is actually one of the most entertaining FPSes i've played in a long time but christ man, they're doing everything they can to take this actually promising game down, or at the very least simply ignore the problems with it. if they fixed what is mechanically wrong with this game it would be a legitimate 8 or 9 out of 10, but they never fucking will because ubisoft is ubisoft

sorry for the wall of text but man

She's from Metro Vancouver, a region that has been chinese for a long, long time.

I think the jewry at Ubisoft is stopping the game from being great

STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES

Well normally ubi doesn't make good games so

It hasn't even been out for a full year yet. Just saying.

i thought it had been out longer but you're absolutely right. still doesn't excuse the fact that real anti-cheat didn't exist until after they had released their second DLC package, and after they had already started to push this as a competitive esports game

Yeah, there's no denying that.

I kind of want to try it. When do you guys think it'll go on sale?

Maybe when the new DLC comes out? Or maybe for Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I don't really know though. Free weekends are the best for trying it out but those happen even less often.

I didn't expect this game to retain a playerbase for this amount of time, but I feel like most people who actively play it have never actually enjoyed any of the older games. Instead of giving us a proper fucking sequel with the gameplay and features that made the series so iconic, it's just some random game with the Rainbow Six name slapped on for brand recognition.

I liked the older games and Siege

This blows Vegas out the water and the destruction is great

also buck was gonna be a BR

It doesn't feel anything in the vein of the earlier rainbow six games, honestly they should've dropped the R6 name and went with something new. It wouldn't hurt, siege stands up on its own well enough.

You're entirely right, it really is one of the most entertaining shooters I've played in a long while, but the glaring technical flaws just shit on it.
3 speed operators are broken simply because of how you can sprint lean peak around corners and annihilate people before you've even rendered on their screen, not to mention the numerous hitreg and netcode issues where it heavily favours people with high ping.

That said, it's still fun to play. The destruction is really god-tier, and the maps are well-made enough to have distinctly different combat styles.

Raven Shield was the last good Rainbow Six

I like both. But I agree it should've been just called siege.

just like how the new ghost recon should be called wildlands

Yeah, it's great. Been playing since I picked up the starter edition in June, and I finally got all the ops a couple weeks ago. I don't know how this manages to be the only good ubi game, but I sure ain't complaining.

We need a campaign so we can hear the bantz between operators.

Even the DLC ones?
How long would you say it takes to get them all and how much does someone have to play during that time?

Pick one.
ALL women are whores, traitors & degenerates and should be treated as such

m.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2015/0529/All-8-women-fail-Ranger-School-Some-Rangers-say-standards-should-change-video

You could have said they shouldnt be in armed forces but holy fuck I can smell your /r9k/ from here

You know it's bad when the chick that voice it so way more prettier than the character themselves

Naw it screamed TF2, the weapons skins on the other hand…

Me hopes that it would be on sale when spookyween drops by too

Anyone got the edit of the orangutan with watermelon pic but with thermite and thatcher?

Sigefags are Overwatchfags are one of the same