Spookyween isn't that far off

Spookyween isn't that far off.
What are some twisted, dark and demented games Holla Forums?
I am pretty sure vid related is one of if not the darkest game ever created.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Silent_Hill_2:_Director's_Cut
store.steampowered.com/app/223710/
swisscm.duke4.net/mine.html
youtube.com/watch?v=JuCLGRN6GFQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Harvester

Was about to say this
shame it's kind of shitty. it started so strong too

I feel it is like Deadly Premonition, very flawed but worth a play due to how bizarre it is.

I know this will sound like I'm memeing, but Borderlands Pre-Sequel. Beyond the SJW shit you probably know about the game, there was something dark and hateful about it. In between "that'll show those soggy knees" moments, I think he was letting some grim thoughts slip in.
It's not a pleasant experience, but if you're looking for unintentionally demented, it might be worth looking into.

Blood! Mouselook feels awful though because no source port to fix it.

Painkiller and its first expansion.

I just started playing my yearly runthrough of FEAR and I think I have gotten good enough at the game that i usually dont use slow-mo unless they are far away and I need to be precise. Admittedly i do use it some anyway just to make some parts easy but I try not to. I am not quite ready to do a no slow mo run.

Zombi is literally a first person resident evil in Britain. The shooting mechanics are incredibly similar.
Pirate it if your autism won't allow you to tolerate DRM- it's a solid experience, and even better if you can get it for the Wii-U.
I wish it had decent modding support (or a sequel) because that would have given this one-off game a lot more life after you finish it.

What's with op making so many Twisted Metal threads?

I'm not even fucking concerned with that horseshit at all, we 3.5 weeks until we either go to fucking WORLD WAR 3 or we take our country back. The former is way more spooky than fucking ANYTHING.

kek

>>>Holla Forums

What's with idiots actually thinking the president is way more important than they actually are?

FEAR 2 is better in every way

It was about a hero's descent into darkness where we already knew the ending. Surprisingly decent story (at least in the context of the series), shit-tier gameplay.

Not even worth a pirate. Webm related is what entire fucking game is like.

hahaha, no

FEAR is good, FEAR 2 is better, FEAR 3 is mediocre.

Hey, guys, I'm very interested in playing Silent Hill and Rule of Rose for the PS2, but I can't be arsed to get the hardware.
Does someone have that infographic detailing how best to get it work on PC?

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:006e9436ae87a13e0941b497d1a16ae387e3b5e4&dn=Silent.Hill.2.Directors.Cut.PC.Game%28djDEVASTATE%C3%A2%E2%80%9E%C2%A2%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Silent_Hill_2:_Director's_Cut

Thanks my melanin-infused brother of another lineage

None of those are correct.

But they are, user. I've had this debate many times.

Eventually detractors realize they aren't going to win the debate and that they're actually wrong, and then they just devolve into smugposting or throw out some weak ad-hom and then abandon the thread. I implore you to go play both of them side by side. One level in FEAR, one level in FEAR 2, back and forth, until you've completed them. I guarantee you'll come to the same conclusion.

CARNEVIL

The president this time can nominate 4 supreme court justices who will legislate from the bench whatever the fuck the president wants

There is no need for debate.
I have played them side by side many times, and I can safely say only the school makes me even remotely want to not skip straight to fthreear. I will give you one more chance to admit you're baiting.

Thats bullshit and you know it, I am probably going to play through FEAR 2 as well anyway though.

That's not true at all. Only the Pistol and Shotgun have any "heft" to them in FEAR (which is coincidentally the only two guns in the entire game that are good). The Assault Rifle and SMG might as well be airsoft shit. Every weapon in FEAR 2 is good, and feels very substantial.
But the story is better and does an excellent job of tying everything together.
Still better than FEAR where levels were also small and extremely linear, yet the overly verbose AI gave the appearance of using tactics.
Kicks are 100% useless in FEAR, I've never encountered any bugs in the mech sections, and there are minimal QTEs and they're very easy to complete.

alien isolation is completely fucked and they really don't hold back at all if all you're looking for is a good spooking

I have died many times to the jig of death in FEAR multiplayer

bull shit, they nerfed the shotgun and made it feel awful in comparison to the original shotgun. In addition FEAR 1 had way more satisfying guns than just the pistol and shotgun like the fucking ray that makes people into skeletons or the repeating grenade launcher. My favourite gun isn't even the shotgun but the ASP rifle which is best gun in the whole serie.

They didn't nerf the shotgun, it's just that having the other weapons not be trash-tier makes it feel worse by comparison.

dont lie me straight in the face faggot. I know the shotgun was far more powerful in fear 1.

Yes, far more powerful in comparison to the other weapons.

You can still run around meat-chunking everyone in FEAR 2.

Cry of Fear, obviously.
Great game and it's free too.

Cry of Fear is my fucking jam.

Does it have any big differences between the mod one and the game?

Over a hundred dead clones would disagree with you
Those things were like OHKO each

I don't understand what you're referring to.
As far as I'm aware there's only 1 cry of fear version which is technically a cs:source mod but now it's a standalone game.
You can download it as standalone on steam and just play it iirc.

store.steampowered.com/app/223710/

Significantly less effective than just shooting, especially on Extreme. High risk, low reward.

CoF isn't Source, it's GoldSrc (which makes it even more impressive).

I just started FEAR for the first time and I feel like it was too hyped up for me.
The shooting is only okay, the weapon selection is small (at least to the point where I am, where the Penetrator/Assault Rifle and Shotgun can deal with everything the game throws at me), the physics don't impress me, the AI doesn't seem much better than any other game, and I forget it's even supposed to have horror elements.

You're correct on all points. Expect the last level to severely disappoint you.

there is a lot more weapons later on but you dont use them nearly enough admittedly. still though the AI is above average for a video game but the best part is how it uses the enviroment, they will try and flank you if they can assuming you're not already right next to them with a shotgun.

I dont think anyone has ever actually been scared by FEAR, I just like the small little set pieces inbetween shooting.

More CoF. Being chased by a really fucking fast chainsaw guy is awesome.

Manhunt

A surprisingly good stealth game and a game where animated kill scenes actually have a point.

Seriously, play this fucking game. It's great.

how can you say with a straight face FEAR 2 story is better? 1 was pretty much about how Wade was a giant piece of shit and deserved everything he got in the end because karma is a bitch. 2 had psychic zombie ghosts, MC that was literally a copy of Point Man and dead ghost something something girl rape for no reason after one of the worst final boss battles I've played. After the first time when Alma grabs you by a hand as if wanting to show something to her onii-chan instead of wanting to kidnap/murderrape you, I lost all engagement to the story I previously had. FEAR 1 is subtle, Origin is all about them malnourished beggar woman and screaming necromancer zombies.
I found mech segments fun, but not really fitting into the game

So did 1. Did you forget the entire last level? That shit that was released into the world that you encounter in 2.
She wanted to be a mother and have a baby of her own since Point Man and Fettel were taken from her.
user, you're like pizza at an anime convention. She smells you, and she wants to consume you :^)

by zombie ghosts I mean more your pal who got his eyes on ur gf and got turned into a zombie teleporter for no actual reason but to have something like a boss fight
nice one, but those sequences ruined both pacing because sudden QTE and atmosphere, could have just shown her fapping to your pictures on her swing or something, not whatever that was supposed to be. also, I can accept ded girl being all ghost psychic projection and shit, but the ghost girl rapijng some guy, getting pregnant and giving birth to antichrist(?) is a jrpg bad guy origin story tier

whats cry of fear and how do i play it

is it like an actual good stealth game or just a sneak to win

Go on Steam, type Cry of Fear, and download that shit. It's free.

Is The Thing's vidya adaption any good?

Is dead space 3 at least little bit spooky, and is it at least decent enough to play through once?

swisscm.duke4.net/mine.html

Sadly it's trash. Played it ages ago.. Not even worth a pirate

no and no

yeah, its a way to get it off of your head forever.

Just pretend it never happened. The series ended with 2.

Watch this instead

I already played its mod version. I was asking if is there any difference between its mod version and the standalone version, I don't feel like playing its standalone if it's the same as the mod one

I read a let's play of it in ~2009 and the let's player didn't realize that a big part of the game's idea was about aggravating you into killing the quest NPCs so as to skip their quests so I didn't realize that either

Who invited Reddit?

Oh, and here's my shilling for the thread: Underhell. It's somewhere between F.E.A.R. and Metal Gear Solid but the MGS series' twists aren't as crazy with traces of something like Silent Hill in it as well, and it's probably the most obviously amateur game I've played in a long time, but it's also really, really one of the best games I've played in a long time.

i only like "horror" games like resident evil and dead space

Underhell has a lot of shooting, if that's what you mean. It has some zombies, too, if that's what you mean.

shootan, i like shootan

Just be careful wandering around the hub world, user

You always were a kidder Steve. A kiddy diddler

A quick comparison of FEAR vs FEAR 2's SMG.

FEAR's weapon animations are so fucking pathetic.

ajj lmau

I would play it, but i have this endless fucking loathing towards savepoints on modern games.

Why in the name of festering asshole of hell did the cunt of a dev put them in a game that did not have them in the first place.

To bad F.E.A.R. 2 was a terrible game.

But FEAR 2 is better in every way user, we already went over this.

Harvester is so goddamn strange. You can tell very clearly that the devs are intentionally trying to be creepy, yet at the same time the game is weirdly unpolished (in particular, the live action actors do not mesh very well with the backgrounds). So the game has this air of unintentional creepiness as well.

How very wrong.

We already went over this and it was apparent you were wrong. Literally your only argument is pretending to be right.

But that's not an argument.

And neither is ignoring everything I said :^)

It wasn't supposed to be one.
It's a statement.

An incorrect statement that has already been thoroughly debunked earlier in the thread. Take off the nostalgia goggles, user.

I do not ignore what you said. I acknowledge it. It's just that they prove FEAR 2 is a shitty game and you're too autistic to realize it.

Where's the proof?

Please do show me the post supposedly debunking this.

Wow, never saw this amount of shit opinion in one post for month…

Halloween is a fat holiday for stupid americans that's gay and for fags.

It's a good game imo, but it's completely shit at stealth. People that are right in front of you don't see you because you're in shadows. Also both Manhunt games drop stealth and turn into (badly made) shooters after a while IIRC

Fatal Frame 2 is meant to be good. Waiting for my Xbox to come back to play it, rather than settle for PS2 version. Fuck the Wii for waggle shit alone.

I can't get into the basement. Been looking around for several in game days, haven't found anything beyond general items.
Do I have to do those dreams or something?

Seems I just had to wait a few days.

I had the scare of my life last night. I was walking home and pretty much just looking down at the pavement because I was fucking exhausted. When I looked up, I see this fucking figure standing a few feet on this guy's lawn, looking right at me. I actually fucking jumped, I was so startled. I mean, the 16th is a bit early to be putting out Halloween decorations, isn't it?
After I managed to settle down a bit I had a good laugh at how good it got me. As I walked down the sidewalk a bit I turned around to get another look at it.
It was still staring at me.

Genres will be loosely based on the game.

Point and Click
-Harvester
-Phantasmagoria
-Phantasmagoria 2

Driving
-Twisted Metal: Black
-Carmageddon 2

Arcade
-House of the Dead 2
-Carnevil

Psychological Horror
-Fatal Frame
-Silent Hill 2
-Silent Hill 4
-Clock Tower

Shooters
-Killing Floor
-F.E.A.R
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R
-Resident Evil
-The Thing

RPG
-Vampires: The Masquerade

Survival
-7 days to Die

Feel free to add, guys.

Dino Crisis is pretty cool.

I'll take that jpg at its word thank you.

kinda looks like no more room in hell, which is free and probably less shitty

the spookiest game is real life

Does anybody know about other adventure game like those ? First person point & click, both free-roam and frames-based are good.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Real life stops being scary once you get a whole bunch of guns.

I wish shit like that happened to me.

i heard theyre trying to make ammo less common

LEANING

Clearly just envious of the high quality story-telling done masterfully by Fear's professional story team.

the suffering
the suffering 2:ties that bind

Thinking about playing this game again. Or if I'm too sick of the gameplay, just watching a longplay of it.

I love the atmosphere in this, not even kidding.
LM2 ruined that completely.

I need help deciding between these games, I want to know which is the most dark/edgiest. (I know they aren't exactly the best selection for dark/edgy but I'm in the mood for something that I already have right now)

Final Fantasy 4, FFVI, SMT IV/Devil Survivor OC 1 or 2, Dragon Quest V, Bravely Default, Tales of the Abyss, Stella Glow, Radiant Historia, or some GBA or SNES game that I haven't thought to emulate.

SMT is probably the only thing on that list that I'd call dark.

That game makes me sick to my stomach.

>Hey this is pretty good, I can roleplay as a gay vampire and flirt with guards
>Nearly shit myself (I could feel it but I pushed it back in) and immediately Alt F4'd.

Bravo, you spooked me.

What music?
It IS fetish stuff. This game was solely done to get off to.

That's sickening.

I don't remember anything scary about VTM:B, I just tore through the entire game as a melee brujah.

Maybe I should give it another playthrough.

Here's a spooky game for you.
Try to set up a steam controller to use on emulators without tearing your desktop out of your desk and throwing it at a wall.
Fuck this halfway decent controller.

There are worse spooks in the hotel.
Like going down that hallway and turning around to see the murderer's ghost behind you.

I'm sorry, user.

Actually a friend bought me it and gave it to me for valentines, I'd be mad at him but I really needed a controller for Dolphin

wasn't the build quality of the PS4 pad really shitty or am I mixing it up with another nu-console's controller?

The first batch of them had a really soft formula for the stick rubber, so people who were obsessively rubbing and scratching at them with their thumbs were having the rubber rapidly deteriorate once they scratched through the top layer.

They quietly changed the formula going forward, and the rubber is fine now.

I was probably all hyped up by the PTSD threads so the first thing I saw scared the piss out of me

Hopefully I'll grow some balls and finish it

what games let you fuck cute ghost girls? the only thing that comes to mind is nocturnal illusion, and she might be a vampire instead.

I personally like Splatterhouse on ps360. It contains arcade perfect splatterhouse 1 and genesis splatterhouse 2 and 3. The main game has some glitches and it plays a bit like God of War, but it's enjoyable. key tips to avoid critical crashes:

It's not a hard game, but it's fun and the music is pretty bitching. hell, just listening to Jim Cummings smack talk is hilarious.

Game certainly has the best usage of the song.

I plan on buying/playing the loli witch and the hundred nights: definitive fetish edition on PS4.

are you sure about that?

honestly I thought that /monster/ just followed the Harkness Test

Zombi is trash. ZombiU was the only good version of it and it's all due to how it properly used the gamepad in that it was a multi purpose tool. Take away how you play the game and not realize that the cricket bat is a "you suck, go get more ammo in one of the areas you cleared out because items respawn and you're left with a game that is fairly lackluster.

Unless you shove zombies from behind. That is always fun.

Bloodborne is a great halloween game - has werewolves and even later ayy lmao alien type lovecraftian horrors

bloodborne is legit spooky.

nope, they throw out anything that doesn't have an anime kuwaii uguu face.

I got banned one for posting pic related

spooked

Yomawari is coming out in like 5 days or something. Looks like it could be good.

that faggot played bloodborne? please tell me he raged or got griefed. its so easy to fuck with people in that game.
do you have that clip of him playing where someone invades him and breaks all of his equipment?

amazing

I need to watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=JuCLGRN6GFQ

when he played the bloodborne DLC he never made it past Ludwig, he just gave up entirely - thats how bad it was

Thank you. i will webm this when i get the motivation.

Webmed

how?

I use Clipgrab application to nab videos from places. i set it to default of converting to webm, and then I can choose the dimensions based on the base video. The above video was available at 720 size, but was around 32mb. So I checked 480, still around 20mb, so I dropped it to 360 and got 9.51. It's pretty easy to do, but it requires you to nab the WHOLE video and doesn't do any of the refined editing of more traditional webm conversions

well that explains it. i still use webmenco.de

at least that still makes them webm.

My favorite spook game is the one where you play as Phil Fish and the ending is you rage quitting the industry.

its not bad. but the settings are annoying to play with and you have to wait each time. its just fine for short videos, but i have alot of trouble making longer ones at a decent quality.

Tales of the Abyss certainly has it's dark moments, but I'd say it's more bleak than dark, given the theme of fighting against a dismal fate for the planet itself. Also doesn't help by how ingrained the average person is towards reading and obeying the Score for a lot of things.

You want a dark JRPG, give Koudelka a go.

I think a friend of mine requested this in a drawthread back in the day to commemorate it.

anyone mentioned devil daggers yet?

must have been a long time ago if there were any decent drawfags to do it