Fifty thousand people used to live here, now it's a ghost town

Fifty thousand people used to live here, now it's a ghost town

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiotrophic_fungus
who.int/ionizing_radiation/chernobyl/backgrounder/en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wonder if you could steal fuel from the reactor or what is left of it and turn it into a fission bomb?

If the radiation or the anomalies don't kill you sure.

good, we also need a proper vehicle to make it reach israel.

How is the zone's aerospace program going?

Fifty thousand people used to live here, Now it's a ghost town.

Why is it that fucking CoD of all things is one of the few games to feature ghillie suits? I wanna sneak around and be a bush monster god damnit.

At this distance, you also have to take the coriolis effect into account,

Alone in that city all I can imagine is this playing.

You'd die. The reactor is sealed for a damn good reason. There are plenty of places there you still can't go if you want to live, and the reactor will remain one of them for a long time.
Right after the shitstorm supposedly pawn shops in nearby cities were selling radioactive TVs.

Christ, it's pictures like these which make me want to replay STALKER. I just want to breathe in that atmosphere again.

play call of chernobyl nigga, it's great with some add ons

I think the coolest thing about the whole disaster is the fact fungus has evolved to live off gamma radiation instead of visible light.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiotrophic_fungus
inb4 "if evolution is real why is there still normal fungus"

Have you played Metro? If you haven't and are looking for something new and don't want to backpeddle onto STALKER yet not like that's ever a bad thing I recommend Metro. Very atmospheric like STALKER however is linear and I recommend pirating it unless you want t ocontribute to devs to make another one and can find it cheap. Is on sale on steam for like 8 bucks

They're going to be really fucked in a million or so years when the radiation is gone.

It only took 15 years for them to evolve so I dare say they will evolve to use light again as the radiation levels drop over time.

I guess you aren't the joking type.

It wasn't funny

I wish we could send more tumblr there.

You'd need to mine out the solidified corium from the basement. Good luck with that.

That seems pretty quick.

Too fast paced for exploring city. Would have to be rolling credits in an exciting game.

Now this is end credits for a true atmospheric game.

With everything it comes down to how many times it copies it's DNA / RNA and passes it on. For most animals and plants this is only when it reproduces but fungus do this all the time because they are weird as fuck.

well evolution is based off of how quickly you breed or some shit I think, and mushrooms drop spores all the time and all over the place.

I thought it was.

Having shittons of radiation everywhere is a pretty strong selective pressure.

Προσπάθησε περισσότερο

θα
Is that correct? I haven't used greek in a long timemost I learned was some family friends

Yes! Very good

Do you think Cod4 Remastered will be out separately?
It's all I want from the series and nothing more

is 8ch less popular than it used to be?

eventually
for now it's activision's way of making a couple of extra bucks from dumbfucks

absolutely
this place was a fucking mess some time before the long heralded switch to infinity next
probably lost a lot of posters during those months
though I guess we've got more refugees coming as a result of the 4chan GOLD bullshit and the censorship there

Holla Forums used to have 10000 at one point, so yeah.

Im a refugee too. where are my chan gibs

most people here are

Wolves there still remain wolves even with all that radiation. Far less generations than fungus, that's why.

Fungi don't photosynthesise, they don't need light
Fungi get their nutrients by absorbing disolved molecules by excreting digestive enzymes into their environment

in your dreams Mark

Does anyone else feel a connection between the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone and North Korea in their heart?

best FPS ever made tbh

Best goy I've seen yet

Well they pretty much look the same, only difference that NK is a victim of communism and the zone a victim of communistic incompetence

You realize there were more people on the gg board during its heyday than there are people currently on Holla Forums right now.

ah I see, the end result of commies is always being nuked. Thanks Putin for keeping your country together enough to ward off communism and the true new commies in the US establishment as well.

but people actually still live there

Say someone wasn't bothered about dying, would there be anything useful they could do in the area?

Make a homestead, no one will stop you from appropriating land there.

Hunt Artifacts, drink vodka, repeat the same lines over and over again at passers-by, start a small arms trading business, the sky's the limit really!

Most likely there is not enough plutonium, and even if there was enough plutonium, It would probably be highly contaminated with Pu-240 from the intense neutron blast when the thing blew up.
Pu-240 kills the nuclear bomb.
Hell, even if you got your hands on a bomb core, the hassle and work involved with building a proper implosion nuclear device would make it absolutely impossible.
It took one nation's smartest men several years to figure it out.
You'd be better to take said bomb core, chuck it in a city fountain and watch your geyser fro a distance as it went prompt super critical. The cleanup would be costly.
Just don't touch it with your hands, as that could be enough to make the thing fission.

Unlikely. The entire fucking core melted. It's now a clump of metal/stone made of uranium, steel and zirconium from the reactor vessel, boron or silver or indium or whatever else from the control rods, silicates from the sand and concrete it melted through and into, and dozens of various compounds of these elements caused by the exposure to air and water, isotopes and decay compounds of the uranium.

I don't think it would be feasible to gather up all this and refine the uranium out of it for use. Your better bet would be to grind it into powder and use it in a dirty bomb. Make it fine enough to be inhaled, drop it crop-duster style over a major city, and you could kill millions.

I don't see why anyone would want more posters.
Holla Forums is as fast as it needs to be and if it gets any more popular you would expect more shitposting

I'm all for nuclear, but

god damn the jews got you good with the anti-nuclear memes

I bet you think solar panels are a viable alternative energy source too.

Chernobyl was the worst possible case scenario, everything that could be done wrong was done wrong. You couldn't create a larger disaster on purpose without crafting an actual nuclear bomb. There are reactor/facility designs now that have foolproof failsafe mechanisms that would bury the radioactive material when it fails.

Too bad not even close to 1000 people died from radiation poisoning in Chernobyl.
Pointing at the RBMK-1000 as a reason to abandon nuclear power is like pointing at a chinese death trap car and calling it a reason to abandon cars.
Not to mention there are ways to produce nuclear power that are even safer than the up scaled Rickover pressure cooker and the General Electric water cooker, like molten salt reactors.
Stop being so retarded you fucking retard.

Are you considering one of the biggest fuck ups to be a "mishandle in any way"?
There is no way at all this would happen in America.
Chernobyl was caused by years of clear incompetence that would never happen in any other decent country. It was many different fucks up all coming from the fact that communist Russia is a piece of shit.
What? How fucker? Explain.
The great thing about things that are radioactive is that they decay fast meaning that they become harmless fast. Chernobyl is completely safe to be around today.
>possibly also sends irradiated particles into the atmosphere to land further thousands of miles away increasing the environmental damage
Coal does worse on a monthly basis.

Yellow cake is pretty safe as long as it doesn't get inside your body.

It took them 15 years because radiation is a pretty damn effective mutagen. Although it almost always results in complete and utter abortions due to the fact that most mutations are lethal for organisms (although less so for plants), it can result in some interesting shit in a short period of time for organisms that reproduce relatively quickly.

There's also Thorium reactors like the ones in China and India that improve on all of the concerns butthurt hippies have regarding nuclear reactors

I get that it was an old design but that doesn't make you any less retarded

here's how you can increase traffic on Holla Forums
or just skip all that and use the successful alternative to the Holla Forums chinese woodcarving board , >>>/4chan/

Did they actually start building commercial Thorium reactors in China? I heard about plans for about 30 of them being laid down, but I never heard of any being actually up and running yet.

who.int/ionizing_radiation/chernobyl/backgrounder/en/
Oy vey gevalt~!

4chin is running out of money needed to live as we speak. how is that successful ?

I hope you're telling the truth coz that's hilarious
less hilarious is the fact they will all come here

Hell, what they did in the Chernobyl incident was a result of complete ignorance common in the Soviet Union.
They started the test. first stage was to power their trainwreck in the making down from full blast to very low power. They immediately hit the iodine valley, where radioactive iodine (a fission product) scavenges neutrons like a nigger robs gas stations. The reactor stalled.
What should they have done at this point? Put every control rod in and go home to drink vodka until they passed out.
What did they do?
Pull every control rod out to force a power up.
The reactor slowly powered up, ate up all the iodine, and found itself in a supercritical state. It boiled dry, the control rod channels warped, and when someone pressed the scram button and the control rods slid down like grandma's weekly turd, the graphite tips hit the hot zone first. The thing melted very quickly and the molten reactor hit the huge water reservoir one floor lower.
Boom.

it is the truth, the hideo kojima, the new owner of 4chan posted it recently.

Doesn't matter, USA runs germany more than germany does at this point.

wait a sec, new owner of cuckchan was a chink and Hideo is russian!

You would be surprised. The biggest opponents of thorium power are the current leaders in nuclear fuel manufacturing. You know why? Because they get filthy rich on selling uranium. There's a whole fucking worldwide network and infrastructure built up around the relatively expensive uranium-239. How do you think they would look at emergence of a new nuclear infrastructure focused around a way cheaper and more abundant fuel type?

I imagine they would look a bit like this

I know it's cliché but Holla Forums wasn't always as shit as it has become…
Thanks (((Mark))) allowing $hills, tumbertails, furfaggots and all the (((cultural libertarian))) refugies form pleddit.

Oh yeah I almost forgot about the military-industrial complex and their usage of depleted uranium too

What does that mean?

Yeah, and the whole shebang of only using uranium-based reactors started, unsurprisingly, in late WW2. After all, only uranium-based reactors produce the valuable plutonium.

I wish people stopped posting that fake image, there are plenty of real pics from plebbit. I bet you can find a just as cancerous one if you browse there for an hour or two

how do you know it's a fake user?

faggot please , even hw did similar shit with the whole infinity fiasco and that was money well spent wasn't it?

Not sure, didn't bother reading into it too much but I think they did. I know that Germany cancelled theirs before it was even finished.

It's Commie-speak used to take advantage of the positive image libertarianism has to create a label for themselves that will make people think they are cool. All the term means is that the only thing libertarian about them is that they like fags and trannies.

It's supposed to say there are less people than before retard. No where did it say Holla Forums was always shit.

cuckchan is that way faggot

This.
Moot made a shitload of retarded decisions that resulted in him having very little money, while Hiroshima was dumb enough to believe that an imageboard would pay off by simply selling user data like you can on a site without image posting.

IP and post history is much more useful than you may think, fam.

Oh yes. But right after the shitstorm people would be weary of anything manufactured nearby, so my grandfather was able to get us a cheap car from the Ukranian factory without waiting in line for several years, since many people didn't want to buy anything that had come out of Ukraine. We still have that car. I don't even think it was radioactive.

Thanks for the laugh user.

Absolute slav faggots.Just get hyped for war. Cowards.

I would love to fucking see what kind of metrics they get from the average shitposts on cuckchan. If they used the data for any real profiteering purpose, it'd be garbage because most of the posts are trolling and not the genuine opinion of the user.

we need a new energy source along side a better way to store energy

It does have a positive image though, why else do you think the left are trying to make up terms so they could absorb it like they did the words "progress" and "liberal"?

i said GOOD energy storage, you faggot.

Well, you see, it's proven quite hard to come up with a method of generating electricity at industrial (megawatt) scale. Our best bet is still using good old electromagnetism, which means we need a continuous physical force to drive the generators, and a turbine is still the most efficient way of doing it.

so new energy source, pic related?

Just wanting something good doesn't mean it's actually possible or feasible to do.

Well, theoretically, a new energy source could solve it if it somehow bypassed the whole having to use a generator thing. However, up until now, almost all modern energy sources provided one thing: heat. And heat really is best used to heat up some water to run those turbines. Photovoltaics are too cumbersome to produce large-scale, and require way too much open space to be useful at any degree above localized. Unless someone spends enough money on solar cells to cover the entire Sahara desert, forget solar power.

Wind and hydro power are, again, relying on running generators, but at least they don't need heat.

We can be gods

I've been looking over, all those users exist but I find no trace of said posts, this could be explained if the thread was deleted. and the only way I think that'd happen is if they were getting unwanted attention(the image has been circulating at least for several months). I think that most people wouldn't bother to fake this sort of shit but there's also no smoking gun, I even searched for anything containing "chan" from apullin and I got nothing, one would expect that even if that particular thread was deleted that one would be able to find other posts about *chan

Explain this, Holla Forums

You cant see ghosts, user.

they are pretty good at hiding

If you can't see them how do you know they aren't there

Much like ninjas, you can never prove the absence of ghosts, only their direct presence.

do they watch me fap

Then why call them ghost towns? Ninja towns or bigfoot towns sounds much more fun

bigfoot towns sounds a lot more terrifying

Oh please, who's scared of bigfoot? He's a guy with fur. You can shoot a guy with fur, you can't shoot ghosts. Ghosts play dirty and are assholes most of the time.

>According to you radioactive power shills fukushima never happened :^)

If all is fine and well maintained, then no problems are had, if not then the repercussions for miles around could be life changing. It's an effective process obviously, just a particularly dangerous one if not treated properly.

it got hit by a fucking tsunami, then an earthquake, serves them right for building a critical structure in a place where it could be in that danger, like building a hospital on active volcano

Sure you can, just get blessed bullets.

good luck with that, local priest takes about $50 a mag, fucking jews

It's strange…
It's quiet, Too quiet.
This place is like a ghost town.

Back to reddit, faggot

I liked the snow in SH1 more than the fog. A shame it never came back.

And now look up the effect oil has had

To be fair, there are no areas where an oil-related accident rendered them uninhabitable for decades. Oil has a much more insidious effect, but it's not as immediately dangerous as nuclear fallout.

that's not snow

Fukushima is about what would have happened regarding Chernobyl if the Soviets were only half as much massive fuckups as they were. Three motherfucking reactors melted down, two of them experienced explosive outgassing, and this when the entire plant lost power because of the biggest earthquake/tsunami combo to hit a modern country in the last thousand years. Nobody died, radiation releases were severe but are not expected to kill anyone long-term, the amount released into the water is barely detectable by the time it reaches the USA, and they expect to have the place cleaned up in 20 years or so.

Oh, and while nuclear power plants may kill people in a worst case scenario, coal and oil power plants produce severe pollution and cause frequent fatal mining accidents when they are working properly.

There's some small town in bumfuck-nowhere USA that's been abandoned for decades because of a coal seam fire. Accidents involving leakage or breaches of tailings ponds have created various Superfund sites.

This.
There are buildings made to withstand earthquakes and probably even buildings made to withstand tsunamis but I doubt there are any made to withstand both at the same time. Nuclear plants in general are made to be sturdy as fuck, there are retards that are afraid of people flying planes into the cooling towers when in reality tests have shown that they would pancake into the cooling tower wall and on top of that the people there have shoot-on-sight orders for trespassers and anyone flying too close.