SS13: Life as Clown edition

What is Space Station 13?
SS13 is a robust multiplayer point-and-click about surviving a shift in the uniform of a NanoTrasen station employee paid solely in donkpockets.

Where can I play?
CPStation is currently the primary Holla Forums server. You can download the BYOND client or join our server directly from your web browser to play. The web client is unreliable, and we recommend the latest BYOND client for the best experience
possible. The BYOND client is presently Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE.
You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.
Client Download - byond.com/download/

Server Info
Name: CPStation
Public Address: 149.56.29.240:1337

SERVER IS DEAD PLS HELP
email: [email protected]/* */

Wiki (Outdated)
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

byond.com/download/build/510/510.1347_byond.zip
github.com/Sierracode/-tg-station/pull/142
github.com/Sierracode/-tg-station/blob/master/code/modules/mob/living/simple_animal/hostile/giant_spider.dm
poal.me/r2t892
github.com/SierraCode/-tg-station/issues
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Starter_Guide
pastebin.com/zp74Ar8h
cpstation.16mb.com/rules.html
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Space_Law#Use_of_Deadly_Force
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for ChaosYourGod is a faggot.

2nd for ChaosYourGod is a faggot.

3rd for Koriath is a faggot and that's the truth

I don't even care what number I get but everyone everywhere is a huge faggot.

that feel when 2010 era /tg/code will never appear again

5th for a clown overhaul.

we must BUFF the CLOWN.

The clown is already robust enough is you play him either at walking pace or at 100mph. Anything different and people jus think you are a rainbow coloured asistant, which you mostlikely are.

/tg/ has alot of neat stuff for the clown

I would implode if i wouldn't tell you guys…

==GOD-EMPEROR OF CLOWNKIND==

aww sheeeeit, forgot that spoiler fucks up everything, even me.
no emprah for me

we need more clown themed stuff, like jester uniforms and different horns and such.
Hey Fireworks would be nice.

I could sprite something up… oh wait that's right

Just fucking do it, faggot.

I think this is actually pretty cool, the whole jester attire could be fun if there was a more regal attire for the captain too. King and his Jester and all.

I'm not happy with this

Then toss the idea around in your head for a while and come up with something you feel is better.

Purple will be a better color theme.

how about you toss me off instead

/tg/ metastation has lots of little changes that are far worse then the shit sheylos did to cp meta

why listen here you stupid queer, oh bold and brown so rightly proud, to find his very own clown.

you really suck at this.

I can't into rhythms no

Anyone knows how much stuff you have to download to join serb from a fresh install, approximatedly?

I'm bored as fuck at work and want to spectate. Can't download over 1GB or so, though.

byond.com/download/build/510/510.1347_byond.zip (Portable game engine)

Java is not required but suggested.

The server will download around 46MB of files to run the game once and then aslong as an update is not pushed nothing will change.

The game itself is very light on bandwith.

xth for clown

Thank you.

Drop a download link for me

literally why?

think again.

coulrophilia

you're not that one clown avatarfag are you?

I know several, which one are you talking about?

the /a/ kirby clown avatarfag

Nah I ain't him, I haven't been to /a/ since 2010.

he was on around the various avatarfag circlejerk boards like lewd and animus

What'm I doing wrong? My viruses take forever to do anything and even longer to get.

you keeping on posting this?

Just spam unstable mutagen and liquid plasma into the virus bottles with a dropper set to 1u until you get good symptoms then splice them with the Pandemic 2000. That's literally it, it's just RNG.

Is that a dick

you gay

yes

Mimes are superior to clowns.

they're both shit

spotted the queer

paint my cock up as a clown and suck it

Reminder to filter and report him and the faggots that feed him.

That's gay as fuck.

The threads get like this alot. Its our own brand of autism.

it made me smile to see me mutagen dispenser used

That is because someone implimented it into the code. I had no problem with it being used but saw no reason to impliment it myself.

was it put in before all this drama crap or afterwards?

Before if I remember correctly, I accepted the push around 4 days ago.

github.com/Sierracode/-tg-station/pull/142

if I did more things would the server use them?

I see no reason why not. My only main request is should spiders be implimented they would still be based on the code surrounding the 3 spiders we have already. Maybe find spiders that fit those types and I would accept those. 8 spiders was a bit much.

were they actually different code wise?

github.com/Sierracode/-tg-station/blob/master/code/modules/mob/living/simple_animal/hostile/giant_spider.dm

Nothing to crazy but they are "different"

what about the spiderling though?

Changelings opperate using spiderlings which become fully fledged spiders. I see no reason why they need their own as it is just an even more dead giveaway to their existance.

poal.me/r2t892
poal.me/r2t892
poal.me/r2t892
poal.me/r2t892
poal.me/r2t892
poal.me/r2t892
poal.me/r2t892
poal.me/r2t892
poal.me/r2t892

the give away is in the name though

They are spiderlings the same why people can be underlings to people. They are not changeling spiders but a spiders underling, their child.

they're hostile to the ling once grown though

As a spider is, this shows even more that they are spiders before they are children of the ling.

There were some pretty mediocre sprites mixed in with his other ones, damn it.

I get yeah but does that mean then that the spiderlings which randomly spawn need to get renamed then?

I haven't done them all yet and done of them are finished

Fuck.
Feels great surviving that shit tho.

Whoever you are librarian man, that was the best time iv'e had in ss13.

damn lag ate my images

no big surprise

I was set as a normal player for that shift as I was playing. Ask towershield about that one tbh

the /tg/ fuckers are such babies, they whine whenever they die even if it's shit like dying when they're braindead

Whoever that was, I'm REALLY sorry. I was completely unprepared to be put into the round and even less prepared to be a wizard. Had I not been rendered deaf and unable to see further than a few tiles away that would have gone way differently.

And Towershield is NOT and admin. He's a moderator. There is a big difference tbh.

The difference is how much you suck sierras dick.

why do you talk like a nigger

No, I think Towershield could have been an admin if he signed up for it because he is good at what he does but iirc he specifically signed on for moderator.

I abbreviate out of habit. Otherwise, at least I remember to capitalize and punctuate my sentences.

Hot damn do we have that many anons or did we become pub trash?

He signed up specifically as a mod as he wanted to help out but not be "super involved" so I made the moderator rank.

As of right now we are hitting a HIGH population, Most of which are pubbies and we are dealing with a lot of ahelps. However some of them are shockingly fairly robust. for example the Rouge AI that just won the shift without anyone even knowing.

>tfw no one hated your guts as a sec officer that round

The server's code was updated?

He deserved it, my favorite method of torture was taking his blood away and donating it.

fuck

Its ok because sheylos said so :^)

He got banned, like a couple days ago for his shittery.

He's been permanently banned.
And then banned again to make sure it took after the server reset.
He only haunts the threads now.

Isn't there a method to stealth-mod or stealthmin that unenables you from ever entering the round as a latejoin antag type, like syndiborgs or wizard apprentices? Eitherway, prioritize your shit better, you were already dead when the fucking ahelps were rolling in.

YOU NIGGER, IT WAS YOU ALL ALONG. IF THE ROBO wasnt retarded and baiting me into thinking it was him I may have found you out faggot.

Who?

A dramawhore. Nobody to worry about now that he's gone.

In completely unrelated news, I'm probably gonna be talking to dopaper, Sierra, and Zaers while I attempt to learn how to code. I will be working on a MASSIVE augmentation expansion, in which I hope to also make that Human brain-to-posibrain idea a thing because it will tie in nicely to what I have planned. I am not going to lie to you, this expansion is going to take a long time. Probably looking at two or more months at a minimum because of how much spritework will have to be done (I have help). More or less, what this expansion will add is a complete second tier of augments (which require high levels of research in Materials, Data Theory, Engineering, and Biological) that are better than just sticking robot parts on yourself. HOWEVER, applying these augments requires you to prepare your body with a specialized nanite injection (which is injected via implanter), which will prevent foreign contaminants from entering the bloodstream and causing the body to reject the augmentation. This injection has the side effect of cleaning your SE and making you fully immune to viruses and harmful chemicals (meaning you faggots can't minmax it to the point of exploitation).

That's great
I'll probably join tomorrow, too tired now
What's the average playercount these days? I left for /vg/station because the 8ch server's been dead for so long, but now I want to come back and see if it's just as I remember Pizzastation/Nel

At peak hours, we can get anywhere from 17-ish players to 30 or more

I've already covered why that went so badly. Learn to read.

So,I killed a mommi,a supposed traitor,the bitch of a powerhungry grey and a ling.
Chef,you did good.

I sleep at peak hours, so that's a real shame
Will try anyway

Peak hours for the server. Not peak hours as in 10-11am and 12pm. Playerbase is generally at it's highest from middle of afternoon to late evening

Pics related are proof of concept and the biggest reason why it will take so long

Are peak hours the same in US and Europe? Because US peak hours usually mean midnight here

we get the most players from 3 or 4pm to like, 9 or 10 pm EST. Sometimes, they stick around till midnight or later.

I just felt a pain you might not have noticed… You are going to have to rework interactions.

I am however very very excited to have 4 eswords and raping anyone who looks at me funny

So that's from 22:00 to 01:00 here, which is actually kind of manageable
Thanks, and I'll see you all tomorrow probably

can't wait

No wait, extends far more than just 1, which is still fine
I need sleep

Only to a small degree. The four arms wont be separately target-able. Whether or not you have use of all four hands will be determined by the limb's health. If it's less than half, you lose the ability to toggle between utility mode and combat mode, and if you're in utility mode, you lose the upper hand

You forgot the image carlos
As long as I can ruin people with 4 of the same item at once I will contain my erection

ANY UPDATES FROM MAP FAG?

I also plan to add a feature that allows you to swing-shoot with both hands, regardless of if you're augged or not. How that will work with the augged arms is that you get an extra button above your intents that will select both hands on that side when you select one hand. If you activate ambidexterity at the same time as this, you will hit with all four hands.

good luck convincing madmins to give you the extra 8 TC you need for all four swords

Whats your BYOND name librarian?

I'll go ahead and tell you where I got the idea. Or show you.

I am sierra. I will do it once just for the screenshots

Prove it. It's not that I think you're lying, but I want to be certain.

What station?

Fire me

Someone did survive. They're a one man station now.

we don't derserve this

Fair enough. That's all I needed to know.

>Make augments great again
Of all the communities on Holla Forums, the ss13 community has stuck around since before Holla Forums even existed. It's high time 8station got some badass new content to show for it.

I would play Geneticist if I could make monstergirls, please do add this.

so when's rape gonna be a thing

Whats the fucking point.

I never played this but always wanted to. Any guides for starters/getting gud?

how do i get robust? i panic in combat and don't click the right things and before i know it, i'm disarmed, pushed over and ziptied with a knife in my eye.

the basics

stay cool, don't let yourself get stressed
use hot keys
believe that you are the most robust

23 survivors and only two of us were still loyal as far as I could tell. I was saved from sacrifice by lag.

Reading thread, I've noticed there's quite some hostility towards "pubbies", so I guess that includes new players. Should I stay off?

Pubbie isn't neccesairly new player. It's more on the way they talk, they act and react to things, etc.

If you're legitimately new, state so and people are more than willing to help and teach you out the basics. Just don't play security or head of staff until you can at least know how a department works in and out and you should be fine. Remember to read the wiki too, it's miles useful in getting you up to speed as long as you're willing to actually read it outside of the controls and new players tutorial.

no.

No, you shouldn't. If you are new, you stick around and you learn how to do shit. You figure out what you need to do for a job you want to play, and you ignore the faggots who sit around and shitpost as loudly as they can.

fuck this game and your super secret club

If it was anything that isn't wiring related, it's probably either regarding the new drag'n drop mechanics for a bunch of containers and other things which were only implemented recently or it's something you din't bother to read on the wiki because everything else has been unchanged since 2013. I'll fucking gut you if it was about singulo and the plasma tanks and not filling them before placing them in the collectors

If it WAS wiring related, you probably are right that most people are either elitist shits about it or complete retards that think only their way to wire is better than everyone elses when you can wire efficiently in thousands of different ways due to how it works.

the difference that if this was the other way round user would have gotten a ban over it since sierra has set the bar that high and for tower to lift it like this then he's only being a hypocrite here

^

I would have also helped you after your berating

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

poal.me/r2t892

Clown and Mime War when?

I'd have preferred better results but so far it looks like we're getting, jumping spider, wolf spider and bolas spider

Are you incapable of human thought. Over half the playerbase do not want your spiders.

but you said here

or are you saying you don't want them now?

Gee I wonder if 52% of the playerbase ot wanting something is a reason not to force it on them.

didn't you once say that yours is the final choice and that the fucks in thread don't matter?

something along those lines though

I did. My decision over all. And my decision no a subject drawing this much attention is to listen to others. Due to the votes the spider sprites will not be required.

well the vote that won out was "there's nothing I want from you" so you may as well remove that dispenser since that was my work and the bdsm shit too because they are still in for some reason

whose idea was it to let the fucking spider have anything to do with the server

Final word

As much as we need a spriter I will no longer be using Chaosyourgod/wolfspider for these services. His ban will be upheld and I will decline any pullrequests he makes.

Correction: /tg/ has a broken gas that their coders hate so much that they refuse to bug fix it.

what's broken about it?

It cools. all the time even when it is aboe the "cooling" temprature.

that seems like it was intended to go with their other realism bullshit tbh

I regret following that engiborg for penis inspection day

I am not even sorry. I got a fuck stump I fucked it.

but borgs do not have benis

am so sorry

what am I looking at here?

the radiation random event that happens sometimes

My stunbaton was muh dick.

what kinda bullshit is this?

>PM from Administrator:
I thought the shitposting about tranny coders and seeing one of akeson/puppysky's personas speaking in OOC was bad enough already

LOOSING THE WILL TO LIVE TRYING TO LEARN HOW TO INTO GIF

what am I doing wrong here?

I did it? that's not how it looks on my computer

Looks like shit, it would be better if it was actually circles instead of stretched out cylinders.

I'm proud of my self here

yeah I realize it looks bad and I know how to make it look better

this currently was me figuring out how to into gif makings

WEW

Anyone else feel like lag is part of the game?

I would miss it if it was gone completely

If you're on loonix you can duplicate a lossy/delayed network with Netem.

Pubbie is generally code for either goons or furfags, don't worry about it

nah, goons are goons and you're the furfag

well boasted :DDD
Where do you think pubbies come from? There's a very small flow of new players you get through byond hub, but it's really just
and no one else worth mentioning

redditers
youtube kiddies
cuckchan cunts
tumblr fags

there's lots of places that attract faggots that may teach them awful shit

The SS13 curse. Also one of the reasons so few people are even willing to attempt to learn security.

I think it's BR's more than anything. I've actually played the goon server and while it's a complete shitshow of things breaking and exploding people are mostly fairly friendly and alright.

Most of reddit presence in SS13 are goon colonists, I don't really buy this
I can kinda see this but SS13 videos tend towards inconsequentially low viewcounts (insular community with insular media)
they're in the /tg/ containment server and some are hiding in hippie, but yeah, a good chuck of perma'd griffons and shitters do surf pub, so I can see this a bit
I have seen no evidence of a consequential tumblr presence in ss13
none of these cases have to do with 'new players', though, but 'pubbies', undesirables and retards.
Thus why I said 'generally' and why I told the user not to worry about it.

Goon infestations have much more to do with colonization and making non-goon servers undesirable, you tend to get very dedicated expats who want to fuck your shit up enough you'll shut down as long as you aren't 'one of them'. Their numbers are still small, but SS13 isn't all that big anymore, and never has been giant.
Goonserver itself isn't the worst, though the staff and a few design choices are 100% garbage.

I only really said tumblr because ss13 has everything they'd want

Yeah, but it has things they don't want.
This last one especially meaning attentionwhores and crybabies can be systematically executed without great issue or consequences

Is the Linux Winefag that got it working still here?

see I don't know, I see alot of dumblr cunts on tf2 or various valve games

they're the kind who join servers and be the admins e-gf to get special snow flake shit

Admin announcement

Towershield has requested to be removed from the admin ranks. I do not know why and I will not go into it.

Should anyone wish to take his place as a trail admin email me at [email protected]/* */

;)

Okay, admin me

I'm entirely convinced that Chaos still plays on the server under another ckey, is it possible to look into this?

hi

E;

id imagine security isn't that hard to learn

first, you memorize space law

then, you get weapons according to the security level and keep the station and all crewmembers safe

there is an added difficulty because when conflict erupts, you may not always know who the bad guy is

is there really anything else to sec?

how about actually following space law?

What a shitshow this was.

looks like your typical quite honestly

Spacelaw is a guideline, security can choose to enforce only if their superiors are inline with that. The point about security is keeping as many people alive as possible while dunking as many antags as they can, this can only be achieved by the most robust TEAMs of security. Lone wolves always get shit on, just because you have a baggy coat and beret with 80% melee resistance doesn't mean that esword isn't going to cut your head off.

When all hell breaks loose though, you can't really say you're going to give a traitor with an ebow and esword who murdered half the station only gulag treatment once you catch him if there's no captain or HoS, that is, if you even can catch him without lethals in the first place.

All in all, security is all about cooperation, inside and outside their department and with other departments. You need to be swift and relentless but you also need to be willing to listen to what people say.

No spacelaw is just that, the law, yes a HoS can order his underlings to ignore some shitter breaking into engineering when they are hunting for a traitor but the person breaking into engi should still server his time later.

Giving security the leniency of "Well I don't follow all of space law just capital crimes" allows for some top teir shitcurity.

When I tried being sec based on space law I got lynched by some greytide faggots who thought that breaking and entering to steal insulated gloves and multimeters wasn't a crime.

Some people get away with doing that and others don't. It all depends on two things: 1) if an ahelp was made about it, 2) if so, who answers it.

Wew lad
But are the ruse cruise involved again or is the staff completely new this time?

I'm a linux winefag that got it to work but maybe I'm not the one you're referring to.

I dunno who the admins were about a year ago since I never used ahelp, even though I was shit at the game I didn't like bringing OOC/metashittery into the round if it really didn't need to be.

None of the previous admins are in power except for doubleplus, but he doesn't get on all that much anyways and was one of the first admins to resign when hatestation started going to the shitter. Host is some regular who quit weeks after Nel left but came back only recently.

Pretty much, it's all just fun and games.

Dopaper hosted the Hatestation that came before gitgud's fuckery. He is, to my knowledge, still part of the staff team as a GameMaster, but has had trouble getting BYOND to work properly for him.

AIs/borgs/MoMMIs are easy to punish for breaking their laws, since you can write down their ckeys at the end of the round and report them, if you collected evidence.

MoMMI's only show up at the endscreen if they're still intact by the end. If they die whether it's intentional or not they simply don't show up. It should probably be changed so that it lists them regardless of whether or not they're still alive, it might deter some small portion of the shittery that is prone to happen from roles people primarily play after dying.

did it move it back to where they were?

maybe it was only repairing the station like it's laws state

Doesn't matter why it was moving them. They were clearly moved by a living being in the first place, and moving them away while they were being actively used by the crew is involvement.

I'll submit that as an issue on the github

actively being use as in it had a laser in it being recharged and a guy waiting next to it then?

Doesn't matter. A member of the crew brought it with them to fight a blob so it's off-limits to MoMMIs for the duration of the engagement. There's more serious damage being done to the station during a blob fight that requires more immediate MoMMI attention anyway. Moving an appliance shouldn't even register as something that needs to be done in that situation.

well it does matter, you wouldn't be complaining if he moved them before the blob ate them now would you? even though to your distinction that would be breaking its law too

Furthermore, unless someone somehow gives you custom laws, you are not allowed to nig-nog around the default ones.

Then you are involving yourself in the Blob's matters, which is equally VERBOTEN.

a mommi is suppose to not give a shit what anything other then it's self is doing and just go about repairing and improving the station, however I don't know if preventing damage to the station comes under anything the mommi is supposed to do so it can be argued I'd say

I got banned for accidental ICK OCK, pls forgive.

It can go around reinforcing all the walls and floors of the station if it wants to minimize any damage that may occur in the event of a blob. However, during the encounter it has to stay away from the area the blob is located at in order to make sure it's not involving itself.
From the wiki:

That final line covers how a MoMMI should handle a blob encounter. A blob is always actively damaging the station while it's present, even if the person controlling it isn't actively trying to do so since the natural expansion of the blob will automatically tear down walls and destroy equipment. Therefore, MoMMIs are required to stay out of the area until the crew manages to kill it.

what is ick ock?

not a chance in hell that, no one should be forgiven for the most despised of crimes that is icky ocky

I think must people just don't get law priority tbh
is just what they see and think "gee wiz I'm a badass mommi who can keep the station in proper working order even while all of this X is going on"

In character information posted in the out of character chat

wew
that's bannable?

yee

you don't see how it wouldn't be?

I don't know anything about this game
seems kinda power-trippy when you could attribute it to a mistake

well if a nigga says "THIS NIGGA IS GRIEFFING ME" when's he's actually a tator, then yee

tbh if this game has a player base with low functioning autism then gitgud did nothing wrong.

If you are getting griefed that is cause for an admin help. Not so scream in OOC.

well duh, but it's still an example of ick ock.

was it a good example of bannable ick ock?

All I did was ask how to access the sekrit shadowling chat since no one was saying anything about it and kept asking me things I didn't know how to reply to.

it depends on the mod at the time

sierra is a complete cunt who use any and all opportunity to "bully" any motherfucker he doesn't like

towershield was pretty good and was hard when he felt it needed but let shit like mistakes go but he him self did alot of "mistakes" which he never got dealt with

sheylos is properly the best out of the lot of them tbh

tfw really want to get unbanned but I also want my sprites to not be shot down based upon the fact that sierra doesn't like me

not knowing about the game isn't an excuse for you to be a shitter, you fucking do what you should do and learn about the game and read the bloody rules, it's in the tab right above chat

I would say that anything that gives everyone information they wouldn't have without it is a good example of icky ocky

I will go ahead and expand on this post because it is probably necessary to do so.

If you see a broken light, you fix it. Unless you literally just watched someone break it and they are still in the immediate area (i.e. you know they are within seeing distance) you don't give two shits who or what broke it. Doesn't matter if someone said there might be a shadowling on the station, because unless that shadowling is within viewing distance of the light and that light can shine on them, you can't see them. If you fix a light and they rush out of maintenance to ahelp because "you're hurting me" that's their problem, not yours.

If you are a shadowling and you rush out of a dark area because you heard a light being repaired, that's YOUR decision. If you consequently die because a MoMMI repaired a light while you were lurking behind a door where they can't see you, don't ahelp it.

it tells you when you spawn

Most people just don't give a shit about their laws at all.

You requested a permaban and then shit up the round because I didn't give it to you. Your ban is upheld.

I was enthralled, I didn't see any tips pop up.

If you asked in OOC how to use a certain chat, that's not ick ock.

no doubt

why not ask the person who enthralled you?

I'm not getting into this again, stop causes drama over it

Except it is. If you ask in OOC "How do I use Hive Chat", then you just spoiled the round type for everybody.

Correction, he THREATENED to shit up the round.

So stop talking about your ban/sprites.

I asked how to use hivemind chat. Everybody flipped.

I dunno how to do whispers. I also didn't remember who did it.

Law 1 prohibits involvement with the matters of any non keeper beings, usually this means anything player controlled. This is the highest law and takes priority above all else.

Law 2 mandates that you cannot harm any being in any way. Usually direct harm is flat out coded to not be possible, for example you cannot even use a lit welder on a fueltank and you cannot strip a being of their equipment and any attempt to do so simply generates a red text message telling you that you can't do it. In the case of emags it even sends a message to the admins about you trying to emag yourself.

Law 3 dictates that you repair, power and perform general upgrades and maintenance to the station as long as it does not break any of the above laws. In the case of law 3 some leeway is given in that certain things such as powering the station and repairing breaches which does in fact involve you in their matters is considered to not be involvement is there is no active presence you are counteracting. This means if you go and repair a breach it would not be involvement unless you are standing around repairing breaches as soon as they are intentionally made by a being thus directly undoing their work and involving yourself.

It's really not a difficult concept, just don't actively undo peoples shit. If a bomb goes off fix it once you're sure the area has stopped being actively sabotaged.

Keep in mind that from the games perspective a MoMMI is not a mindreader and shouldn't reason that such and so might come into play in the future, so don't go around not repairing anything because someone somewhere might have done it intentionally, just stick to performing repairs and upgrades whenever people are not actively trying to break and downgrade functions. You don't have to sit around and wait for an area to be completely empty just don't go around following people and undoing their sabotage.

Who am I even kidding everyone understands all of this shitters will just be shitters.

lmao, he told everyone else that it's a shadowling round you dumbass.

There are multiple types of chat with the name Hive Chat

And then released singulo and went afk for that shift. Maybe read up on both ends of the story before you jump to defend him.

No, he actively did shit up the round.
After he made the threat he joined up as Captain and let the singularity loose. Then he opened up a couple canisters of plasma in Atmos, nearly igniting it before he got the boot.

it was spoilered I did shit that round up by releasing the singo and flouding engineering entrance with plasma though

how do you like that new sprite though?

everyone needs to keep on saying it otherwise new faggots will agree with shitters

that's not reason enough then

Well, I got a 48 hours ban for it.

accept it and move on then

Move on from this game, then, because I didn't last a full round and I'm already forced to not play it.

When Sierra posted the ban, he said "Threatened to shit up the round"

Since when did we issue bans under the context that this was under?

it's only 48 hours

well had it been any other fucker they'd have gotten a normal ban but clearly since sierra and his circlejerk doesn't like me, sierra uses any excuse he can, since his actual reasons aren't valid, that was shown in the poal.me

Stop kidding yourself.

48 hours of no fun. That's cruel and unusual punishment.

sierra has a massive boner for cruel and unusual punishment.

You're right about that. I'm not enough of a hardass to think that dishing out a two-day ban on a new player who did nothing worse than ask the wrong question is anything less than complete and utter horseshit.

that's the bar sierra wishes to set, it wasn't like that till up to a certain point slightly after the server went public though

Maybe some of the restrictions should be programmed in when they're obvious (e.g. when a mommi observes an antag action, "their arm retracts automatically!" until they're a certain distance from the sighting, except if they're emagged). This would greatly reduce the moderation burden and for those cases where it's fairly clearcut what should and shouldn't be allowed, it removes the opportunity to grief (and probably doesn't removes the ability to have fun).

Do we have an active programmer?

you still told everyone that theres shadowlings onboard

get onto coding it then since there doesn't seem to be any kinda coherent plans for the server outside of "yeah this thing is nice lets put that in"

there's zaer who fixes bug and does little things and there's another coders who do I've no idea what

like they have so many neat fucking things that are all related to mining but then they ruin this kinda shit via casualizing every department in some shape or form

is good enough for now. I had a bunch of suggestions but if there were no programmers it would have been pointless.
For example, viro is dogshit right now. The way /vg/ viro works is infinitely better. We should use that but make the mutation chances somewhat higher for rarer mutations.

by "yeah this thing is nice lets put that in" I meant more "this is a thing which we don't need to do any effort for since we can steal it from another station or it's just a simple use what we already have" kinda deal

github.com/SierraCode/-tg-station/issues

put them up on here like I've been doing, 70% of shit gets utterly ignored though and sierra will delete it after a certain amount of time

not sure how I like the /tg/ bat

could be more comfy I'd say

I am, right now I am trying to get it working on wine. I currently have it up to the point inwhich it boots into the server but the actual graphics part on the right doesnt want to show up.

I was told in the linux thread that you used 1.6 and got it working however I am getting libGL errors when doing so on my linux laptop.

This post alone makes me want to start playing this game again. Game is fucking daunting as hell though, but I know enough to understand these threads. You guys have some fucking awesome stories.

it's not as daunting as you think quite honestly

8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Starter_Guide

read this and get your self stuck in

If you stick with assistant (and then later move on to cook or bartender), the games pretty fun, even at the start. You pick up stuff along the way and eventually move on to the bigger jobs.

If you need help learning stuff, just shout in common (type say ";whatever you want to say here") that you're new to the station and would like some help.

Asking about certain mechanics, like "How do i use hive chat" or "What is this red thing over my head?" in OOC basically spoils the roundtype for everyone because they are only seen in said roundtypes. It's the main reason the rule of NO ICK OCK aka NO IN-CHARACTER INFORMATION ON OUT OF CHARACTER CHANNELS is heavily enforced in most servers.

I know you're new, but goddamn USE THE WIKI, it has info exactly for this shit. Also you're spammed with text once something happens, try reading it and if you have problems doing that, remove your headset and scroll back on the text, it's not that hard.

You're upset you can't even play because you broke a rule, when you could have prevented this by being diligent and using AHELP or reading the damn wiki instead of using OOC chat like everyone fucking told you not to use the first time you ICK OCKED in it. I do agree 48 hours is way too much for someone who is new but you did this several times already when people told you not to.

Maybe you should email sierra for an appeal if anything.

It wasn't me.
To get it to work I use the latest version and
winetricks wsh56 wsh57 jscript mfc42 vcrun2013winetricks ie8
Moreover, if you're playing on servers with ricey shading (like /vg/), you need the dx10 stuff (install them with winetricks). For streaming (jukeboxes, etc.), you need either winamp or vlc. In my experience, vlc works just fine while winamp just breaks everything.

wsh56 keeps crashing for me when I try to install it.

skip it and just install wsh57 then.
Also are you using a 32-bit profile? Don't use a 64-bit one, they're not supported very well.

When you autism thermo.

You ain't even minor league, kid.

That's exactly the same level of output, you dumb nigger.

no it isn't

Should import lavaland desu

is that 18 trillion watts

Your shit's like 3 orders of magnitude too weak, dog.

it's good but we desperately need our own shit instead and for that we need mappers and coders and spriters

we have one and a half mapers, a quarter and abit coders and exactly zip spriters

but quite honestly the real issue is a lack of a direction, it doesn't seem like there's kinda kinda design document for the server or even a bloody text file with ideas on it, shit's just do whatever and chew out as many people as possible while doing so

Shit is just crashing during loading, here is the debug log

pastebin.com/zp74Ar8h

Damn, was hoping the thread was going to be full of clown lewdness.

Would that just instantly turn you to ash?

Theres a cap on how much damage shocked things can do to you, so if you're at full health they will never insta-crit you.

It would be incredibly harmful

Time for me to shed salty tears on this thread.

I'm still mad.

why so mad? I just wanted to spice things up a bit and be fun.

ahelp it

I did, sierra just shrugged me off.

did he say something like "I wasn't in the round so I wont investigate it" or the like?

It was literally *shrug*.

Here is the error

err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {6c736db1-bd94-11d0-8a23-00aa00b58e10} not registerederr:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {6c736db1-bd94-11d0-8a23-00aa00b58e10} could be created for context 0x1wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x637b2ede (thread 0009), starting debugger...Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code (0x637b2ede).

was there any other mod on at the time?

that's a right shitty answer to a clear rule breaking, we can only assume the worst out of it like such as he's covering for him self or his friend

Did you set your bypasses right? Either ie8 or vcrun do not seem to be overriden correctly.

goddamn, its like you faggets never learn. NEVER recruit admins from your playerbase, this is the reason all the other Holla Forums ss13 servers failed and it will be the end of this server as well.

rules for a successful server from an user who has been part of the ss13 Holla Forums community since before fullchan was even created.

1. DO NOT RECRUIT ADMINS FROM YOUR PLAYERBASE.
2. 3 authority positions are required at most! admin, server host and developer. admin deals with the shitters, server host keeps the server running and is the owner, the developer has to be able to make changes to ss13 code and implement updates and features,
3. Have clear and ironclad rules for both the playerbase and your staff. if they arnt clear players will abuse them and walk the line with glee, then when an admin bans the shitter he comes to the thread and complains to everyone causing unrest and increasing the amount of shitters.
4. Ignore the shitters in the thread that you have already banned and don't unban them, i myself am a hardcore shitter and i have been banned multiple times from various servers and banning never changes me.
5. All logs should be made public and available for perusal by the playerbase and your staff, including round logs, chat logs, a list of banned players and the reason therefor including the date of their ban. this reduces the amount of shit you get as an admin and helps you and the player base make sure whoever is banned is deserving of the ban, also it cuts down on the meta.

follow these 5 magic rules and you to can have a successful Holla Forums server that will live as long as the host pays the bills, dont follow them and watch your server burn under the full autistic might and paranoia of the Holla Forums player base.

I see, was hoping it would be sort of like touching a shard. I wish shock would blow your shoes off or something.

all or most of the admins recruit which fit your rules have either already been trialed and were found wanting, left of their own accord or were removed via bullshit reasoning

you'll get put into crit if you're hit three times at max with it

Oh boy its that time.

1. Almost noone outside of our playerbase wants to admin spessmen
2. We have just that. Me the host. Dopaper is the "headadmin" unless I overrule something he has the final word. and Zaers is our coder.
3.Our rules have two be all end all rules if you actually played you would know this
4. This is something I slip up on alot but I have been limiting myself about.
5. would requrire some major back end, Server side logs show but are not limited to: Attack logs and speech logs on two separate files.
It does not show antags.
It shows both IP's and ComputerID's of clients which would have to be scrubbed out as god knows someone will DOS someone who did not get banned for something they deem banworthy.
It shows admin conversations about things such as metagaming investigations which I would have to personally remove.
No ss13 server to my knowledge has public logs and I am not going to implliment it.
I will also gladly point the finger at all the other "successfull" Holla Forums servers such as every terraria, ace of spaces when it was good, even for a short while we had a CS:GO server which when I once joined had 2 admins one one of which was spinbotting.

We have ran for about 2 months now with the admins and rules we have now. We are not changing them until they need to be changed.

the terraria servers everytime had to be fucking back tracked because some fucker would bomb everything and terraria lacks any kinda bloody admin tools

however saying that "we're doing slightly better then these other has been servers" doesn't really help you here

k, but still don't recruit from the playerbase. just don't do it. all it takes is one bad admin and the level of metashittery, favoritism and abuse will rise so high even if you removed him players will never trust you again. its not worth it, also i haven't joined your server yet so you can take my opinion as unbiased.

you don't have to change the rules, i don't even know what they are, but you HAVE to word them clearly, if there is any room for misinterpretation your playerbase will use it as an excuse to get away with being shit.

and finally i have joined a few chan servers over the years that made their logs available for download. just ask your coder if it can be done, even if you only have them auto upload to a dropbox or something with a date and time.

he is the bad admin though why would he ever remove him self?

The reason why the previous Holla Forumsserb went to shit is because the adminbase was almost exclusively from out-of-game (wannabe ecelebs + their buttbuddies). Fuck off shitter.

if only such a thing can't be said about the board currently

those are pretty good, especially the de-admin during a round rule. admin abuse is always fun when its done for the fun of the whole server and not just a select few.

no you fuckoff, im not talking about eceleb faggets, im talking about acquaintances of the host that he can trust, and if he doesn't have anyone he can trust then the servers fucked anyway.

why isn't this played more often?

Thanks for continuing to confirm that you've never even heard of the previous servers before.

they just readmin whenever something happens anyways

if it was the case on this server, which it's not

bitch i was and have been playing since before you even joined chans. my first server was a fucking halfchan /tg/ server years ago where rp was optional and griefing was necessary and encouraged by the owner to make a robust playerbase.

on this server if you dared till anyone that they're unrobust you'd become hated by the circlejerk

Which just leads to circlejerk. And it doesn't even matter if it's real or not, it's what the shitters will accuse it of being.

Asking for people outside of the game to moderate it makes no sense, they most often don't have the experience or knowledge about the game to moderate it or even play it for that matter.

You'd see instances where unfair punishment is given for silly jokes or where something that's considered really terrible isn't punished at all. IC in OOC is something that would completely be missed by someone external to the game.

Not to mention running events. Lot's of people forget that this is also part of the job for admins and moderators, but since they have the power of the Spess Gods, they have the job of making rounds interesting and spinning things around a bit. They effectively play Nanotransen and can affect the crew in anyway they see fit.
Now try asking someone that doesn't even know the game to run a fun event, especially when he doesn't even know any of the FUN buttons he gets as moderator. You'd be lucky if he gibbed himself!

that kinda thing seems to happen pretty much all the time though

Does anyone know how the krokodil-> skeleton transformation actually works?
I seem to suffocate every time.

you need to get addicted to it and then go cold turkey off of it

I got that part down, but after the transformation I go into crit, which I guess is intended, but also get stuck with an O2 warning. Skeletons aren't supposed to need to breathe.
How do I survive going spooky?

medipen you're ass

Thanks for once again confirming the only thing you know about the situation is what your anus is telling you.

skeleton transformation itself should instakill you. you should be able to brute patch/heal the damage that happens from your skin peeling away before the final transformation hits you with a good 60-80(?) brute thus allowing you to live long enough to administer rapid self treatment. alternatively have a friend on watch.

Cryo yourself seconds after the addiction threshold hits and it'll probably not kill you. Keep at least one or two people in standby to heal you after the fact.

If you're getting O2 warnings, ignore them, you don't actually get O2 damage as a skeleton unless someone injects lexorin into you or makes you OD on Dex Plus.

Where the fuck does this meme keep coming from? Why would you NOT hire people who are not only familiar with the game itself, but to the workings of the goings on of this server? The other stations didnt fail becuase bad moderators and admins. Pizzastation died after Reisen quit becuase Peyton Riley doxxed them. Hatestation died becuase the incompetence and autism of Gitgud and Koriath fucking the code of the game up and never fixing it. Newstation died because people were still feeling the burn of Hatestation. None of these things had ANYTHING to do with the fact that the moderation staff were from the playerbase

also cryo will not heal skeletons as they are cold resist

wew that round

Why.

Loving all your undercase shitposting m8.

Is my best course of action to prepare Inaprovaline pills, Alkysine pills and brute patches since injections allegedly don't work on bones?

it died because two circlejerks would drama all the fucking time in the thread making it so that no one wanted to play. koriath did nothing wrong

you know except submit broken, shitty code and shitty features with little to no oversight as he pleased

New one when?

Actually, you know Daniel Hen AKA DuranDuran? He was the one who doxxed Riesen and made him quit, which was after he and tzeench got banned for maxcapping the entirety of the station 8 rounds in a row. Though Peyton was indeed involved in that fucking mess, something about buying the server and hosting it himself or something along those lines.

Maybe Mark will ban him from the board if he keeps his autism up.

at least it was actual content, no one really gave him the chance to fix it though

He's actually right when he said those servers died because of circlejerk drama.

Just because he's a massively autistic faggot doesn't make him wrong about everything.

Plus gitgud and peyton kept hiring people based on buttbuddy status and NOT familiarity with the game or the server, let alone how similar to the userbase they were.
That's how relatively new people who everyone also happened to hate ended up as mods and how people nobody's ever heard of ended up with the power to fuck shit up.

Hello koriath. Half a year isn't enough to revert or fixed a broken to shit feature now, is it? Plenty of time to add 20 more broken features, though. Oh, and memes of course. Who doesn't prefer ebin maymay XD over fixes?

Just an alk pill should be enough. Make sure to keep your health up so the 80 damage spike doesn't outright kill you, possibly by getting into cryo (which will stabilize you even though it won't heal you once you turn skelly), get out, take the pill, enjoy.

no I'm chaosyourgod

Dude just play something else, this server won't last forever, you can come back when another server gets made in a year or something.

I just want my sprites to be accepted on their own merits rather then denied utterly because sierra doesn't like me

Now, I understand the reasoning that derflammoderator whose name I can't spell off memory gave, which was "antags are always enemies of the corps, even if the book doesn't say so", but I still take issue with the fact that a shit ton of the station went antag hunting to the point of major trespassing, breaking and entering, insubordination, and mutiny, despite said antag not hurting anyone at that point in time. I remember it being discussed in these threads that you cannot drop you job and go antag hunting because you want to. Plus I was genuinely trying to follow space law in that the space lawbook said nothing about shadowlings and that, from my perspective, was a case of multiple people commiting attempted murder and a slew of other crimes.

Am I crazy for thinking that?

You know, maybe no one wants to use your sprites because like all your ideas its a lot of work to implement something that will barely add anything to the game, which is why your Mutagen Dispenser Sprite WAS used but the rest haven't been. We are both idea guys, but we are two separate kinds of idea guys. My ideas I submit are usually thought out and concrete on top of being relatively realistic to implement. Your ideas on the other hand are usually broad, huge projects that no one really wants to go through coding becuase it would take months to work in or arent really interesting. Just my two cents

Nobody likes you because you whine 24/7 about stupid shit. Sierra was even reluctant to give you a permaban until you shit up the round, and now you come in these threads complaining about it like you've been done wrong. You're also convinced that there's a circlejerk of people that hate you and are out to fuck with you on this board. The truth is that everyone you come into contact with learns to hate you over time, because you're a piece of shit.

You had the right intentions but the wrong solutions for what the mayority of the population wanted. They shouldn't have jobbanned you for RPing about that if your superiors were in agreeance to not instantly valid the ling. Sec is indeed for validhunting, but that doesn't mean they can't do what you were trying to do, Space Law may be a guideline at this point but that doesn't mean you shouldn't follow it.

You're not crazy, it's always the crew that is insane or simply ignorant unless proven otherwise, it's even stated so in your guide. However, you must follow what the mayority of the populace says, even if they're completely wrong and stupid which is what i'm guessing the admins were doing instead of actually following their damn rules.

Still, we don't have all sides of the story here and i wish i was spectating this one time just to catch this, so take what i say with a grain of salt.

Yes, one of the rules is to do your job and let Security do theirs. If word got out that a Shadowling was in Sec and people from every other department were breaking down the doors to get at it then technically every one of those fuckers should have been bwoinked about it since Security already had it in custody.
That didn't happen because Sierra was too busy being a shitter as the A.I. and DerFlammenwerfer was jerking off his over-inflated and unjustified sense of self importance in front of everyone.

literally why? the more funner rounds of wizard is when diplomacy actually happens

the Mutagen Dispenser was put in four days before all of this shit and wouldn't have been put in if it was four days afterwards, sierra him self said that if I picked three spiders to replace the current ones he'd see no reason putting them in only when I set up a poal.me, since that wasn't my idea, with an option of "I want nothing of you" with multiple votes allowed did he retract that when 11 votes went to "I want nothing of you" from a total of 21 voters and after I said to him that he once said to me to ignore the fucks on the thread and that he has the final say in all matters that he tried to once more wiggle another reason up

I can accept that my stupid ideas are stupid but what I do not accept is whatever work I do to be put into the trash because of what I've said alot of times now

where do you think we are?

my ass, he just valid hunting since if he didn't want to perma me, he'd have given me a normal ban instead

user pls

Working on something very special, how am I doing?
t. skelus

also stop with this drama already

does that moonman mask fit into a 23x23 imagine?

Is that a dindu muffin

Neat, but I think you made the top a bit too long and the chin too short

That sounds like a bullshit ban to me, that's the sort of negotiating approach that breaks up the monotony of standardized objectives only antags.

Imagine if that one round from ages ago where a ling who cooperated with the crew to take down a rogue AI ended up with bans. It would have been absurd.

Hell imagine if you arrested a greytiding shitter and people started breaking into the brig to murder them and you then got job banned for arresting them for breaking in. I really can't even begin to imagine why that ban would have been handed out if things did go down as you describe.

revised it a bit, not sure how I should do the smile from the front, should I stick with the half smile?

That's a bullshit ban. You don't deserve it.
Also I thought most or all the old team was gone? Looks like they're all still on, I bet sierra is just an altname for gitgud.

You as a wardens Lethal me and attempted to kill me, the detective, and an assistant for trying to kill a malicious antag.

you sided with a threat to the station than your own crew which you were trying to protect.
we didn't even lay a finger on you until you started shooting red lasers at us.

Yes the ban was justified you autismo.

that's not going to work

the human sprite only has 23x23 pixels you're going to have to cut the top layer of pixels off and get it to fit in better.

this should show you what I mean

opps, didn't mean to link that post

Do the half smile

The HoS didn't order the warden to kill the civilians. He was focusing on diplomacy at the time being.

He shot us, when we were killing the shadowling with the chainsaw.

I know what I saw.

Shadowlings are known for being capable of dominating the minds of others. For all the crew knew, you were thralled, and the shadowling was not restrained in any way. You put yourselves in danger of subversion or worse, and thusly endangered the crew by taking such a risk. That is what earned you a jobban.

The Hos didn't shoot at you he was focused at diplomacy.

he's talking about the warden not the hos

Am talking about the Warden you Dip.

Ban Announcement
ADMIN LOG: DerFlammenwerfer/(H.I.T.L.E.R) has added a PERMABAN for chuckaranha with the reason: "(MANUAL BAN) Welderbombed the kitchen close to roundstart and almost immediately left the game. Permaban issued for Leaving To Avoid Punishment (LTAP) Contact [email protected]/* */ to appeal this ban (CUSTOM IP) (CUSTOM CID)" to the ban database.

If you do something and logout when you get ahelped, expect to get a perma until you get in touch to discuss what you did with staff.

Relevant screenshot.

Okay, let's break it down. None of you besides the detective (who isn't allowed to validhunt, can only kill in self defense) are allowed in security. Period. We had control of the antag, who we found did not commit any crimes. You assholes, on the other hand, committed so many crimes that Charles Manson would go "DAMN, THAT'S A LOT". You are not allowed to hunt down antags if it's not your job. You're not allowed to break into security. You're not allowed to go against the HoS. I could (and I probably will next post) go full autism and name off every single crime you did and the code in the space law book it connects to. You say the ling was malicious, but when the HoS was injured due to borgs exploding and people suicide bombing the sec office, he helped him out.

I started shooting red lasers because when you're in a small room, with angry guys with weapons barging in and attacking people, I used lethal as the space law book allowed me so for the following reasons: multiple hostiles, armed and dangerous, severe personal risk. I thought (and rightly so) that you were going to take all of us out. So I put it on kill to protect all of us.

What you did was fucking stupid. Next post I'm making the list of crimes you committed.

What are you doing?

You aided an antag and attempted to kill us.
thats enough of a reason to job ban you for being a shitty warden.

tbh a perma seems extreme for that, at the most he should get a month ban

CRIMES COMMITTED BY CREW:
MINOR CRIMES
MEDIUM CRIMES
Note that the chainsaw is a makeshift weapon, you do not have a reason to have one
MAJOR CRIMES
I thought I saw an energy gun in there, I could be wrong though
CAPITAL CRIMES

CRIMES THE SHADOWLING COMMITTED
Honestly, I didn't see any from my time viewing him, but from what I understand he did assault people, so
And then there was the defacto determination that he was an enemy of the corp, but I still dispute that.

My concerns were with the ones committing more crime. The majority of you were in that.

A perma is OK for that I think. If someone just quits instead of facing the admins, chances are they don't even want to play in the first place, they're literally just there to shit up rounds. If there was a mistake, it's not too hard to contact the admins to try to rectify it.

To stop the antag Shadowling when security (you) was being incompetent

To stop an antag from enthralling the crew.
We didn't riot

We were attacking the shadowling, and then you attacked us.
you could have been enthralled so we assumed that and dealt with you, to my surprise you weren't and I ahelped it after the match.

you attempted to kill us for trying to behead a SHADOWLING

the fact that you are defending an antag as a security officer proves how much of a shitcurity you really are.

please never play security ever again.

Pic related applies to you, you let filthy non-corporate scum infiltrate the station and put their dirty alien dick cheese in every corner of the hallways. Anything that isn't explicitly a part of Nanotransen is the enemy. Manifest space destiny faggo

From my point of view, security is both allowed to do whatever they want to the shadowling on sight (boring, no-fun-allowed, reason-why-we-can't-have-nice-things way), or do what you did (which spice up rounds and is sorely needed most of the time).
It's true that it is understood on some servers (such as /vg/) that antags are automatically enemies of the corporation (this also includes vox raiders which are completely inoffensive and even have rules that they may not cause harm). However, that's never been applied on any of these servers and many of the most fun rounds we've had have involved antags and non-antags working together (as someone else already mentioned an example of earlier).

Unless someone has something more to say with regard to the sequence of events, your ban seems to be beyond unwarranted eitherway.

Additionally, the crew had the right to mutiny in this situation since the presence of the shadowling made them feel unsafe (or whatever) and security was not dealing with the shadowling as the crew wanted (this fact can also usually make rounds quite fun). They wouldn't have been bannable either.

YOU CAN NOT VALIDHUNT

Plus, we had the ling in our possession in security. We are not required to immediately kill the ling once it's in our possession, even if they are an enemy of the corps. We can arrest them and take them onto the shuttle instead.

Also thanks to you guys for either making me feel less crazy or providing good arguments as to what I could have done better. Next time around it'll be in consideration.

Your friend was breaking the rules, you were aiding him, you should both be banned from what you were playing for maybe a day each. Simple.

When an enemy can mindgaze into your soul and make you a slave what makes you think we as the crew should believe your word?
killing the ling was the only way to protect our asses before it ascended and you defending it questions who side you really are on.
The crew or the antag.

Next time, don't go killing the crew for doing your job you shitty warden.

The warden was literally doing its job though (keeping prisoners from being murdered, keeping prisoners from escaping, keeping non-prisoners out of the brig).

That only applies to the Nanotransen Crew members.

Not shadowlings that are a danger to said crew.

sadly it seems like as an antag no matter what on this server the only out come will be you kill everyone or they kill you

I had this idea of setting up a stand as cult and handing out pamphlets and cookies trying to get people to join it legitimately and willingly

No matter how much you wish this weren't true, wardens are not, in fact, silicons.

I think someone tried to do that once (I was too busy autisming away from the action at the time, unfortunately).
That kind of shit seems to be forbidden starting with cpstation, which kinda defeats the purpose of the Holla Forums station (why play here when it's basically tgstation except with less population?)

your absolutely right, they're buddy buddy with shadowlings and attempt to kill anyone trying to kill said shadowling buddy.

no matter what way you or he try to spin it he still attempted to kill the crew for getting rid of a danger to the station.
that alone warrants his job ban.

I played here because I liked that I could actually help with the server and ideafagonate away since it's a mayor need of mine that

You forgot the shadowling is an enemy of the corperation AND isnt fucking human.

Lol'd.

I just literally installed gentoo and wine with the instructions above and it worked without any problem. Try wiping your prefix and installing again.

Also fuck you mime. You rused me.

I honestly think it should be a server rule that if you validhunt, you'll be jobbanned from EVERYTHING except Sec jobs.
That whole Shadowling debacle only happened because everyone not playing a Sec Job decided they knew better how to play that role.
It makes as much sense as the chef breaking into Medbay to heal people or an Engineer breaking into Science to do research.

All this does is that everyone playing Sec gives up. Why bother with those roles when everyone else takes care of their own defense?
And then after a few rounds someone wonders "why doesn't anyone ever play Sec?"
What you guys need is some serious fucking psychopath that will target all crewmenbers and go full murderboner instead of caring about his objectives.

Furthermore, what is the though process that goes into your minds, when you go chase any antag? Find the guy, stun him, cremate his body HURRAY WE WIN!
Is that it? Because that has been done to death. Literally. If you want every round to be deathmatch lite, you could hop over to TG or CM or some other shithole where they play Counter Strike in Space all rounds, every round.

The Holla Forums servers were about doing the silly shit you know you can't do on other servers because validhunters will fuck you up. They were about having fun together and exploring the game in amusing and entertaining ways, not some tryhard competition of validhunt vs murderboner.
And if you want to validhunt, either sign-up for Security or find some other server to infest with your kind.

If they had bothered to restrain the shadowling, for their own safety if for nothing else, they could call that shadowling a prisoner. But they did not.

I've had some time to think on it. If I can, I will reduce the ban to a dayban for reckless endangerment.

Isn't the standard idea here that you only ban if something bad actually happened, though?
As in, if the Shadowling actually went on a murder spree because the Warden let him go, he'd be responsible for that and get a jobban but if nothing happened, he'd go scot free?

Because on one hand, that whole story seems like a nice plan by the bartender to help the Shadowling avoid casualties, which makes banning him for "reckles endangerment" ironic when he was actually trying to prevent the most damage possible, only with diplomacy instead of guns.

And then again, Scientists that make bombs aren't banned because they made a device that that blow large sections of the station, however if they lose the bomb and someone else detonates it, both the person that activated it and the scientist are held accountable for it.

With that reasoning, in this case the admin shouldn't have intervened so soon and instead let things play out. If the Shadowling went on a murderspree, congratulations for him and a jobban for both the Warden and the HoS.
But if nothing happened and if he even managed to avoid any death thanks to diplomacy, then no ban would have been necessary.
Arguing otherwise would mean banning anyone making bombs, guns, dangerous virus, genetics or bringing creatures from Mining "reckless endangermente" as well.

When killing monsters in asteroid, the basilisk fucks me up every time. In another server, the mining redemption machine had chili to counter it's freezing laser.

Does the whisky you get in this serb's machine replace the chili?

No but the stimulants do

just get in there and fuck'um laddy in the bp, just take them one at a time

Reckless endangerment happens when you fail to take the precautionary measures to ensure a situation does not escalate. To expand on your example, if a scientist does not perform certain precautions, a bomb could quite easily have an unintended detonation. It is generally a wise idea to, for example, not keep fully assembled bombs on your person or in an accessible location, even going so far as to separate your components to multiple secure locations. It is also wise to vent your burn mix to space before leaving the toxins lab, so that it isn't left laying around for Urist McMurderbone to steal when you have your back turned.

Same goes for scientists.security personnel who leave guns/weapons laying around with an electronic firing pin in them.

Then why wasn't the entire crew jobbanned from whatever role they were playing at the moment?

Breaking into Sec as any non-sec role especially to go near a Shadowling that's in custody of Sec is to put the entire crew in danger and they were doing so recklessly unless you can convince me regular crew menbers had at the moment suficient firepower to contain the Shadowling.
They placed themselves and everyone else at risk, creating a situation where the Shadowling could have overtaken one of them or even escaped in the chaos, which is especially ridiculous considering he was already contained by the Warden and the HoS.

Whatever the Warden and the HoS did, the crew did much worse yet none of them were banned. Why is that?
Is the lesson to take from here that all antags are to be killed on sight and no variation is to be tolerated in this server?
Or perhaps that the crew has admin aproval to valid hunt with whatever crude tools they can get, instead of leaving that role for the job that's properly equipped for it? Because that sounds like "reckless endangerment" to me…

Even then, a reckless endangerment ban should not be handed out if the action is not outrageously stupid (making a bomb with a signaler trigger using the standard signal and frequency, then carrying it around while walking around the station), or something to that effect.

If the HoP gives all access to the clown after the clown has helped fetch and revive half the crew and cure a fatal sickness, is it reckless endangerment? The clown could be a traitor.

If people have spotted aliens, is it reckless endangerment to give them guns? What if there's otherwise a single staff who is allowed to have guns on station?
Anyone who receives a gun could be a traitor.

If someone claims to have been killed by someone else and, as sec, you find no evidence of that, and the alleged killer has an alibi, is it reckless endangerment to let him go? Is it also reckless endangerment not to brig the claimant? Either could be a traitor trying to get the other restrained or killed.

If you become retarded about this, two things happen:
- You go down a slippery slope and only powergaming becomes allowed.
- You force antags to murderbone because that's the only way they are allowed to achieve their objective - which is against the server rules.

I still maintain that at this point, the crew was in its right ("abstract server-wise") to mutiny, even though doing that was pretty shitty.

becuz antag lel bro don't get mad it's just the game RP? what's that

it's easier to ban the warden and the hos then ban the whole server I'd say

Is the lesson to take from here that all antags are to be killed on sight and no variation is to be tolerated in this server?
it seems so

I see this alot on /tg/, whenever something happens and there's an excuse to valid then every fucker goes along and helps bust in the antag when sec are already dealing with it

it's just cunts valid hunting with others jobs at the end of the day, there's a game mode where everyone needs to be involved and that's the blob, that's it, every other mode you just only need to be prepared and that's it

Is what you sound like right now.

A hatched shadowling is a known, unpredictable, and very dangerous antag, and you let it waltz into security. You did not apprehend them, and they were not your prisoner. You can (and are expected to) give someone the benefit of the doubt if they do not have contraband and you otherwise have no evidence that they are not loyal to Nanotrasen. However, this shadowling was hatched. YOu weren't banned for not killing the shadowling. You were banned for not, at the very least, restraining the shadowling to prevent it from endagnering you whilst you were negotiating. Furthermore, you threatened to use lethal force for anyone who approached, much less attacked the shadowling.You even engaged with lethal weaponry when you should have stunned, cuffed, confiscated, and processed in accordance with Space Law.

Hardly. A fair majority of antags can complete their objectives without murderboning, with sufficient planning.

Pardon my ignorance but… Isn't the Warden and the HoS immune to the thralling due to the loyalty implant?
Because that would void the entire possibility of them siding with the Shadowling and render the whole point of the crew moot.
It makes as much sense as assuming SecOfficers are now Revs.

The crew doesn't get the right to mutiny just because they dislike how someone else does his job or the Warden would get the right to break a Medic's leg just because he didn't healed him fast enough.
And even if you somehow believe they have that right, then it's something to be handled IC, not with jobbans.
But if you think a jobban was fair, then admin intervention and not crew mutiny would be the right procedure.
It's the combination of both that makes no sense, with the crew forcing the Warden to take actions that led to his ban and yet not being held accountable for this.

It would be even easier to do absolutely nothing, though. The mod could have left things going and see what happens, issuing a jobban if the Shadowling actually murders people.

Everyone else that decided to mutiny and got lasers in the face had the outcome one could expect from mutiny, no admin intervention was needed because of that.
Besides, it's not like it even worked out anyway for the Warden that got overrun. All that experience did for him was convince him to never play the role again, jobbanning on top of it just makes it even worse and then it's yet another player that's never gonna pick a Sec Role.

Go to the bar in any round near the start. There's an Assistant (or more) sitting in a corner, insulated gloves and toolbelt. The moment there's talks about an antag of some sort is the moment he gets up.
Usually all he does is act suspicious and annoy Sec because he doesn't realize what he looks like for an Officer.

It would be if I was the Warden.

Instead, let's bust open a few doors\walls so he can screech and run the fuck away.

Meaning that anyone without real weapons stood little chance to stop him. Anyone not armed with decent lethal weapons is "reckleslly endangering" himself and everyone else by going near him.

Stop you right there (because again, I'm not the warden but also) because in SS13, stun = dead and cuffs are issentially a stun that doesn't stop unless with a few tricks the changeling doesn't have or being alone for 2 minutes.
Cuffing someone is the first step in killing them in SS13 and not doing so is the first step in signaling that you're not trying to kill someone.
Seriously consider the game mechanics before you post about this again.

Read Space Law, the Warden is in the right. There are exceptions where lethal force can be used and that was one of them. You really don't get to mob 1 guy with 3-5 people and expect him to try to keep you all alive, especially when you are not gonna have the same courtesy for him.

By being stealth antag and never doing anything that reveals their presence to the crew, something that's somehow even more boring than murderboner.

So in the end, the lesson is that you should powergame at all times in all jobs.
If you are Sec, you should ALWAYS cuff everyone, even when you want to try diplomacy.
If you are [any role] you should drop everything and go murder the antag because that's the role of everyone.
If you are an antag, you should murder everyone to avoid being killed or give no hints you were even there to avoid being found.

How you fucks see nothing wrong with this, how you, intentionnaly or not, enforce powergaming with your moderation and can't even understand how much this kills the server, it's simply baffling and one of the reasons I stopped playing.
Might as well hit CM if the goal is to kill all the things.

Weak. Going near a known antag, especially an hatched Shadowling without any form of proper self defense (and a stun rod or kitchen knife doesn't count) is indeed putting yourself in danger recklessly.
It's not a strawman when that's exactly what happened.

to this point I agree

yup, I see a bunch of people just hanging around the whole station just waiting for something to happen

But since when does being incompetent warrant job bans? A berating and being stripped from your job title sure, but since fucking when does it warrant an out of game measure such as a ban?

I thought the whole reason these servers existed was to get away from bay tier bullshit where you get banned for being new and making honest mistakes.

The whole situation was resolved in game with the mutiny to begin with, it makes no sense to then add onto that a ban for an in-game fuckup that was then resolved with in-game actions.

If anything, Sec should be the job that takes the least amount of job bans considering how your role often involves going against the tide the grey tide :^) and getting banned for making unpopular decisions as any Sec role is like banning the Medic for turning the Cryo on.

These kind of situations always crop up because someone that was better off playing Clown decided he knew better how to keep the station safe despite not signing up for the Sec Crew. Banning the Officer\Warden\HoS involved in these moments does nothing but remove the symptom when the problem is still there, just waiting for someone else to pick those roles, go against the same shitters and face the same problem.

Security of the station should be in the hands of Sec and everyone else should be busy roleplaying their job. If anyone is free to validhunt, then nobody will ever join Sec as there's no reason to, Sec will never get the oportunity to be seen as a valuable department of the station and everyone will always behave in suspicious ways that will make everyone seem like a traitor to everyone.

I personnaly stopped playing the day I was banging in Medbay for some medical attention only to find out the only MedDoc was out, syringe gun in hand and memespray in his belt, robusting some antag. And I couldn't even get a drink in the meantime because the Bartender grabbed his shotty and went with the Doc too.

When the warden starts shooting lethal lasers at the crew to save a shadowling.
mind you an un-thralled warden that is loyal to nano transen.

You're supposed to just walk up to it with a pickaxe and beat the shit out of it before it glares at you

You mean the crew behaving like Revolutionares?
You mean the crew that's mobbing a single guy in large numbers?
Taken straight from the wiki:
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Space_Law#Use_of_Deadly_Force
"Multiple Hostiles - it can be extremely difficult to detain multiple hostiles. As a last resort if you are being mobbed you may deploy your baton in a harmful manner to thin the crowd. Generally it is better to retreat and regroup than stand your ground."

You really don't get to bring large numbers of rabble rousers, breach into Sec and mutiny without taking a few lasers to the face, especially when you largely outnumber them.
This whole idea that Officers are supposed to try and preserve your life even at the expense of theirs is fucking retarded when these are Officers for a private company and not actual cops.

The crew that was getting rid of a danger to themselves and the station when security proved incompetent

by guy you mean monstrosity that can bend peoples souls to their will and make them their slaves?
yes, if anything the Warden and all of sec could have been enthralled.
when he started using lethal force on us to protect the shadowling that was enough reason to believe he could have been enthralled, until I saw the game over screen and in fact he wasn't which deserved his job ban.

No, the crew that was powergaming. The crew that was doing the job of some other role. The crew that broke multiple laws to get what they wanted, suffered the consequences for that, still got what they wanted and yet, for some obscure reason, still had an admin giving them a pat in the back.

I meant the Warden, but it's good to see your view on Sec, explains your position a bit.

No, they could not. Loyalty Implants prevent thralling. Oops, there goes that excuse…

So you have a side going here. This kinda makes this discussion pointless as you're not gonna admit you made a mistake then out of principle.

A bunch of murderous bastards breaks into his brig (and keep in mind, he's the Warden not a regular Officer) and you expect him to take which side? The guy that aproached things with diplomacy or the mob that broke somewhere because they already don't trust the Warden?

You're an admin, you can check for metagaming clues to see if they were colluding or not. Had there not been any dialog between them or if the Shadowling "convinced" him to go murder a lot of people, that would be 2 friends metagaming. But from what the Warden said, it seems the Shadowling wanted to avoid combat as much as possible, they talked things out and where trying a pacifist solution.
The furthest one could possibly be from "reckless endangerment".

Yet, you're somehow posting about how a gang of murderous freaks breaking into the brig harmed with crude weaponry, if even that, to provoke an hatched Shadowling of all things is somehow and sound and logical idea.

nope, sierra has set the tone of the server so that you fuck something up you're getting a ban, this is of course if you're not someone he actually likes totally not a circlejerk

Before I figured out that you can actually reload the kinetic blaster, I used resonator field and diamond pickaxe on it. Took like 10+ seconds to kill, leaving me on orange health

I guess I ran out of meds right before it hit me, or maybe I'm supposed to use the stimpack after. I'll try it next time

"do not atribute to malice what can be explained with stupidity"
Let's not start acusations of circlejerk please, when plain old incomptence suffices most of the time.
Consider how he thinks that Shadowlings can enthrall Security, for instance.

Pickaxe and Resonator both work quite well, just rush the bastards and kill them fast.

Alternetively, stop being a nerd and ask Robotics for a Ripley. It lasts quite a long while and you can cause serious damage with the drill since they don't move often, or better yet smash them with the clamp.

What's more, you can reinforce Ripleys with one of the buggers skin just like your Rig Suit and if you load a box into the Ripley, every Ore you mine is instantly placed inside. Plus, Diamond Drill means you drill 3 squares at a time and really fast.

Sec proved incompetent when they start trying to be friends with a shadowling that could slowly enthrall people, the whole diplomacy side could have been a farce until he became powerful enough to murder everyone else.

Then why did sided with a antag that can brainwash the crew (the very people they have to protect) and attempt to murder said crew for getting rid of a shadowling
That itself is so fucking shitty, like I've seen shitcurity before but that itself takes the fucking cake.

A retarded Warden protects a SHADOWLING and attempts to kill the crew members for getting rid of it

a Shadowlings are a danger, the fact that the warden was protecting it and wasn't beating it's head with a shovel and flashing his light at it shows how much of a shitcurity really is.

Your trying to paint this as the crew being in the wrong for trying to get rid of a danger, mind you an antagonist that can enthrall the station and make them his slaves.
and you're blaming the crew for wanting to get rid of that danger.

but fine lets look at the rules, what should have the shadowling done.

ii. Antags should be doing antag things.

now lets look at the warden

i. Non-antags should not be doing antag things.

it is malice though, the only reason I can think of for the bar to be this high is sierra has a desire for it to be so, one of a sexual nature but even he realizes he can't justify it so he looks for any excuse he can.

do you think repeating your self makes your point more valid?

I think I gotta bash the point across their head that the shadowling is an antag.

sure but the whole issue is an rp one and I'll give an example of that

I agree with you that antags are antags but I don't agree with punishing actual RP when it happens just because this is a low RP serb

I can give another example of when I was a xeno on a wizard round where the wizard established a trade with the station with the captain for trading in memes and magics, the wizard in that situation was helping tracking me down but I was always one step ahead of him and achieved surviving at the very least

You'd be right in banning him if things turned sour but you didn't even gave it the chance for that to happen.
What if the Shadowling meant it and no death would occur? That would make your entire reasoning stupid. This is some Minority Report bullshit right here…

Because siding with a danger to the crew in exchange for not killing anyone is the safest way to ensure that nobody dies.
I once was playing Captain and a Ninja aproached me from a window, coming from Space. He asked for our Research Levels and some critical item. In order to avoid confrontation (and because he offered to do the research we didn't), I ordered everyone to evacuate R&D due to a "gas leak". Nobody died and when the ninja left, we had research maxed.

Yeah, crazy right? When you think about things in an RP way instead of "I'll shoot the enemy team! DURR!" you can have a lot of fun and these situations don't crop up.

Attempts to kill the crew menbers that broke into the Brig, don't forget where you were.
This is a common theme with all you shitters, you never really care just how criminal or suspicious you look to an Officer but you'll always wonder why he decided to shoot you.

I'm trying to paint the crew, you included, as a bunch of morons that want to play the job of Sec Officer without any of the responsabiltiies or limitations. I'm trying to paint the Multiple Stooges that wander into an high security area brandishing weapons in front of the guy assigned to keep that area safe as the morons they all are, for not realizing what they look like at that time.

muderbone or stealthantag then.

Breaking into the brig is not an antag thing? I'll be sure to keep that in mind if I am ever caught breaking into the armory.
Unless of course, that rule only applies to Sec Officers because fuck those guys, always trying to ruin the fun of everyone else, right?

Then why wasn't the Shadowling antag-banned if this whole issue is because he wasn't behaving like an antag?
What's your logic there?

Why jobban the Warden for seeking a pacifist solution and being forced to deal with a bunch of ruffians he never asked for?
Why not ban the Shadowling for not "doing antag things" instead?
Why not ban everyone that broke into the brig for "doing antag things as a non-antag"?

Who are you quoting?
I said

for trying to get rid of a shadowling that could have proved to be a danger.
Security was in fault for not getting rid of the problem.

sure

breaking into armory doesn't get you banned
what gets you banned is attempting to murder a crew for trying to get rid of a shadowling.
Let me keep bashing this into your head
WARDEN SHOOTS CREW BECAUSE CREW WAS KILLING A SHADOWLING

all I hear now is that you guys are upset because he was such a great shadowling and dindu nuffin.
even though he is an antagonist

After the crew breaks into the Brig.
After the crew disobeys direct orders by the Sec team.
After the crew is actively mutinying.

Please keep that in mind, the crew lost all rights to a "fair treatment under the law" the second they themselves broke the law.
Now this is something you can do if you feel it's necessary, but please don't act like you have rights when you broke the law that grants you those rights.

Also, keep in mind that the whole issue was handled both IC and OOC. Why?
If Sec was being incompetent to the point where a jobban was in order, there was no need for mutiny.
But if the whole situation was handled with a mutiny, a sucesfull one please don't forget, then why issue the ban?
Why the overkill in dealing with Sec?

Stop deflecting this onto the Shadowling, what's in cause here is your failure in being impartial to the situation and too incompetent to handle things.
You, as a moderator, can freely check the status of any mob in game. You could easily see if the Warden is thralled or not and PM him before hand about how what he was doing is against the rules, but you didn't.
You, as a moderator, should know very well what the Loyalty Implant does and that Sec Forces are immune to that kind of situations, as should everyone else, and if anyone from Sec is defending the Shadowling it's because they have a good reason to do so, not because they were thralled.

But more importatnly, you as a moderator for the server, should know very well the full consequences of the route your moderation took that route. You validated the behaviour of validhunting and powergaming while making sure that yet another player gave up on playing Sec Roles and nobody ever said "we have too many Officers".

You can deflect this all you want to the Shadowling. At the end of the day, you were still a greyshit going by mob rule, disregarding all RP in favour of powergaming and retroactively justifying your decision, when you were supposed to be moderating the whole situation instead.
If you're gonna moderate the server the same way you played that round, it won't last long unless you can find 30+ shitters that like to play Counter Strike in Space.

I might actually join up and just go full murderboner in rounds where I see no Sec, just to show you why those roles actually exist.

Dude am not the moderator.
check ID's you dingus.

Oh, I read this post: where you mention "until I saw the game over screen and in fact he wasn't which deserved his job ban" and assumed you were DerFlammen or something.

If you were a regular shitter (which explains why you don't even know about Loyalty Implants) then ignore half of my previous post, it's mostly for Sierra I guess.

Doesn't make you right though, and seeing the server allowing and even reinforcing validhunting and powergaming like yours makes me weep for what Holla Forums servers used to be like.

We once had a round where the NukeOps went to the bar for heavy drinking because they were so incompetent they lost the Nuke in space. The Captain saw them and was alarmed at first but quickly settled down when he noticed how absurd the whole thing was.
They even tried to use the onboard nuke to no avail it doesn't work like that, admin intervention only and they got to escape with the Nuke Disk aboard the shuttle as the Most Incompetent Nuke Ops ever.

It was one of the many fun rounds we used to have here when people weren't so concern with "winning" at SS13, sad to see the priority now is to make it some sort of e-sport.

don't blame sierra's mods, they only follow what sierra sets precedent

Actually each admin holds their own accord generally I don't even intervene with bans unless it is metagaming.

that makes sense then, shit's always inconsistent like this

or me

Actually, in this case I need the ban for the Warden and HoS lifted. The circumstances of the round warranted a dayban at most from Sec, but I am okay with having it reversed due to the IC justifications for actions in the round.

You should draw some lines about what isn't allowed for antags and nonantags to do in respects to acting like validhunters and murderboners. Since there IS a rule set to keep murderboning at minimum (yet not to completely outlaw it if neccessair), i feel like there should be lenience when security or even the crew doesn't want to actually valid an antag.

Else, we would inevitably enter in a spiral slope of what happened to TG Sybil and what is Hippie in general. 60 to 80 man crewed station with an active security team, that has half the station powergaming and the other half validhunting. With antags either having to go full stealth or full murderbone to survive because getting caught by anyone doing literally anything means [Common] will be shouted at your location and suddently 10 assistants with stunprods will be on your ass to cremate you, which i guess is why TG made traitors so fucking overpowered with weapons that have infinite ammo basically being either instakill or almost instakill options and eswords being able to dismember people in one hit.

I can agree with this. If we have something written down for this, it may encourage the crew not to revolt. However, I still maintain that known antags should be detained, and be restrained in the process at least long enough to make sure they aren't hiding weapons, and should be placed in a separate room opposite of a reinforced window and electric grille so that they can be spoken too while minimizing danger to officers.

To elaborate, they don't have to be cuffed once their belongings are checked if they aren't presenting a clear danger, or while they are in such a room.

better jester, although I'd like feed back so give me anything you can think of if you would be so kind

so there should be a "high threat" cell for the brig?

I like that color pallate quite a lot. I'll think up ideas for additional masks.

Sort of. More like an interrogation room than a cell, though. Or even replace the normal interrogation room with one that has a window across the middle, sort of like how high security prisons keep inmates separate from their visitors.

kinda makes me think that sec needs another job akin to a ghost buster, for high threat antag capturing

Just missing the hands, he needs gloves after all.
Also, why the red eyes?

Just do something like the operation theater for the interrogation room:
Keep it as it is but add a room on the side that has a reinforced window separating both and acess to Sec. That way you can place prisoners inside Interrogation and talk to them through the glass from the other room.

yeah I think so too

he's totally a evil jester and that it's not that I wasn't sure of what colour the eyes should be

There's already one, it's called Security Officer.

I honestly don't know why people keep this meme that Sec Officers are supposed to be cops when Nanotransen is a private corporation and they are just enforcers for said corporation.
An officer shouldn't be stopping people because they broke the law or anything but instead because he is acting against the interests of the company.

The only thing that should be taken from cops is the donut munching but that's it. Even the term "Space Law" doesn't make any sense to be enforced by the security team of a corporation known to break every single law ever in the universe.

I get what you're saying though, although there's no real way a security officer can detain a blob and take it in for questioning

It's good lore, for the most part.
Multinational company gets so much power it becomes a multi-planetary company.
Humanity is the first to reach all the ayys and procedes to bomb the shit out of them and enslave the few that are usefull.

When you look at it, SS13 lore is an ode to capitalism and Humanity.

I didn't say it's bad

Im using POL, how the fuck do bypasses even work?

sierra are you back home yet?