Is Killer is Dead any good?

Is Killer is Dead any good?

I'm on the fence about it. The style of it is great on paper, David is great and the gameplay, while pretty rough, is designed to get more fun the more you master it. Gigolo scenes are silly fun. But, for all its craziness, it feels tame and dry.

Should have ported Killer7 to a next-gen-console instead.

It's pretty decent.

describes my feelings about it exactly.
Just make sure to play the game on easy or normal at most. There's a steep climb in difficulty on hard and very hard to the point that there's no reason to use your sword other than to rack up blood for your gun.

That 4th wall breaking moment really bothered me. It felt really lazy compared to everything else.

It's alright. Nowhere as good as Suda 51's other games, but still fun.
Get it if it's cheap

Made in Japan(TM)

bretty much but its fun

Three of those describe almost all of Suda51's recent games.
I think the voice actings are great.

It's moderately fun, but could have been longer and more complex. It's really a more streamlined No More Heroes, that you play only for a good laugh.

As someone that has speedrun the game and is in top 300 on the leaderboards, the game is pretty good. It lacks the depth of other Suda51 beat 'em ups like No More Heroes, the PC version is pretty glitchy, the story isn't very good which isn't helped with it being told out of order, but if you're looking for a quick fun game this one is pretty good, specially when the game is $5 on PC and $10 for the collector's edition on console.

Also, when you get to Nightmare difficulty the game provides a lot of fun new challenges since all enemies will dodge gun shots and the only way to kill them is by stunning the enemies and then using a finishing move.

Asian games are the last bastion of defense against the sjw cancer growth.

It's so mediocre there's nothing to be said about it, really. The ten hours you'll spend playing it will be fun but you'll never want to pick it up again once you're done.

the game where you mash A and occasionally guard break for a OHK wrestling move?

Well to be fair, that's still more complex than KiD

It's a fun but flawed aesthetic trip for a weekend if your X-smashing thumb can handle it. Just get it on sales.

Upvotes for the guy who uploads episode 6's background music.

>>>/reddit/

On subject of the thread, it's a great romp if you don't take anything seriously(which you shouldn't anyway, given the constant title drop and the first full level being alice themed).
There could have been more depth as others have said but it's definitely enjoyable in spite of that. I'm a bit biased because I like the surrealist shit going on 24/7.

Wow, man, such a sour puss. Gonna have to give you a downvote due to anti-social behaviour.

👎

I thought it was pretty fucking awful, the art style looks good in a couple of scenes but for the most part just makes it difficult to tell what's going on, all the side missions are fucking boring as shit, the story and writing is so far up its own ass trying to obfuscate something so fundamentally basic it came back out its mouth and the combat is way too fucking shallow. It lacks a manual lock on so you have to struggle to hit the right enemy in crowds but it has a soft lock-on that forces your dodges to be four directional which will fuck over attempts to move diagonally. Properly timed dodges put the game into a bullet time retaliation mode where all your combos and attacks just get replaced by mashing the button to deal damage and this is basically the optimum way to handle every fight and like the only way to fight the final boss where it has the added downside of drowning out the good music with whooshing sound effects.

The guy claiming that suda51's games no longer have any respect could at least put some conviction in it. He sounds so not confident about his own stance.

If the British were capable of doing anything with conviction they would still be a super power instead of Airstrip One.

True, but Suda51's a fun nip doing fun shit. Let's be honest, he's repetitive when it comes to planning game design, but boy is he's good at creating interesting dialogue and characters when he's on the wheels. Suda's more of a visual novel kind of person, tbh.

Don't forget KID was an early target of the socjus craze, back when no one was aware of it. Lots of games from the earlier 360 age were, and left slanted and damaged by baseless implications of sexism.

It's ok, not as great as Killer7 though

That was a rush
I need to play this asap

If someone is butthurt enough or wants to rob you bad enough to want to stab your ass he sure as hell won't care if the knife is legal or not. Or he can just use broken bottles to do the same thing. And why do britcucks tolerate that shit anyway?

An extra treat
Protip: play the GC version on Dolphin, with proper tweaking it's great

This is a very good summary of the game. It's good on paper, but for some reason it isn't executed as well as it should've been. Despite having a simpler combat system, I preferred No More Heroes over Killer Is Dead.

Not much is.

Chi - steal discarded tile from player to your immediate left. Only usable to complete a sequence (straight). Tiles in set are revealed. Counts as that player's turn.
Pon - steal discarded tile from any player. Only usable to complete a matching set of 3. Tiles in set are revealed. Play continues for the claiming player, resulting in possible skipped turns
Richi - claiming player adds to betting pool, from there on they can only discard the tile they pick up. Their hand is worth 1 additional honor if completed. Can only be claimed if they are 1 tile away from having a complete hand ad have not revealed any tiles.
Furiten - a player can not complete their hand with a tile that matches one in their discard pile.
Mahjong hands are very specific. The only way for him to win was to break his own rules and hope no one noticed.

That's because No More Heroes did everything they could to:
1) Make the gimmicky wii remote look like something fun that people would use for other things rather than Wii Sports or a glorified NES controller
2) Make the difficulty ramp up only during the best parts, aka the boss fights and some special rooms, teaching you how to fight and counter along the way rather than giving you an actual challenge
3) Be as long as possible by adding the collectaton aspect and giving you some side shit to do that break the monotony of action->cutscene->action->cutscene of this kind of game - the motorcycle section is extremely fun even if it's barebones because it clashes with the fighting

Also I liked the message behind NMH much better, my only grip with the game is that at times it was very repetitive and that the roulette gimmick was a waste 90% of the time.

I blame the faggot for stealing all the glory from Grasshopper themselves as a group

Mooks are piss easy on purpose, the bosses make up for it

Threadly reminder Ulmeyda did nothing wrong and he was too pure for this world

That scene alone could be it's own short movie, it's a freaking rush, and goddamn is it stylish.

What is this, a point and click adventure?

Definitely play it. You're missing out.
You won't fucking understand any of the story though.

Yeah, if by point and click you mean point and shoot. It has some weird puzzle elements mixed in too.

The movement is on rail, to shoot you press a button and enter in first person mode and you can shoot from there.
Definitively a style over substance game, but holy shit the style is off the charts