THIS GAME IS FUCKING FUN

THIS GAME IS FUCKING FUN

Well, what happened? Did you get eaten by a grue or not?

And yes I did.

It's more fun with illustrations.

So basically what you are saying is that you have no imagination.

Is this new? I didn't think games had stories back in the day…

Zork is a pretty well known game bud.

Oh yeah, another one of those cool n hip well known indie games by san fran hipsters.

But, I mean, I watch dev interviews all the time that talk about how we have technology that lets us have story driven games now when we couldn't have them before, so it doesn't make sense to me that a game like this would exist…

It came out in 1977

Get lost squirt. Go shitpost somewhere else.

story based games are as old as the gaming itself. despite the low memory count text based adventures were easier to make than any other regular games, and zork was the example of first portable game where ports across all platforms share the same data but different engine, unlike other games that had to be made from scratch for each platform it came out for.

go away nigger

Check 'em.

Have you tried kissing it?

Whoops. Just realized you came to crash on our couch or something. Why not doing the full jump then, OP? Are you stuck in a project that takes place on halfchan?

Just read a fucking book at that point.

Yes, this is GDC and so GamaSutra was involved, but you're not going to find the talk posted anywhere else.
Embed related, Dave Lebling (one of the creators of Zork) gives an hour or so rundown on the development of the game from its roots as a mainframe program to commercial Zork I,II, and III.

I like Zork. The graphical "Return To Zork" was even fun for its time.

Kiddies really are on this board I guess.

First time I had the opportunity to play this game was when it was an easter egg in CoD Black Ops. I had more fun playing this game with a controller than I did with the multiplayer.