Minetest: Minin' for Memes Edition

game: minetest dot net
server: floorchan.org
port: 30000

Minetest is the new and improved version of Minecraft even toasters can run! Try it out!

What's new on the server:
Head 50 units East of spawn to 50,4,0 and you will enter Spawn Point Services, a fully automated service center that uses the Technic mod to make the game easy!
We offer…
Grinding, Extracting, Cooking, Alloying, Recharging, Repairing, Autism, Compressing and more!

Remember,
''Don't let a recipe lead you astray, just use what's at SPS today!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TJOrgdNhCvg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Minetest actually works worse and worse with each new version, because the 3D engine is crap, and the netcode hasn't really been revised since version 0.3.

Also, I hope you ban kiddies that use Cheat Engine this time.

Sorry, but I'm not the AWOL admin

For those who wants to join but don't have accounts

youtube.com/watch?v=TJOrgdNhCvg

Good thing I could take some proof of my autism before I leave.

Mods are the whole point you nigger

I just wish they weren't so shit. I haven't seen any good mob mods at all.

That's because lua is shit and the engine is shit as well.

Well this argument falls apart when you look at how much better the mods to Minecraft are.

Can you actually make it so we can mine for memes, and make armor out of memes and tools out of memes?

Mese almost sounds like meme, and there's a cancer cat block.

it feels really clunky and dead, even worse than minecraft. I honestly wouldn't call slapping on a bunch of mods to a game that feels like shit an improvement over anything.

huh the 2nd picture leaks real nato

smh tbh fam meant to write looks

Before I go, I'd like to post this as well.

Here's where it gets interesting.

Christians: 0
Atheists: 0
Hollow earthers: 1

It takes about 10 minutes to climb back out of this cave.
By the way, check my post numbers.

(checked)
lel

Chromium is a very rare mineral, and people often refer to it as the Google Browser Block. You can alloy it with carbon steel to make stainless steel armor. So yes, you can mine memes.

Can you actually grow crops underground with super glow glass?

Feels good to get all my machines in a row. Managed to unclaim 2 parcels in the process of downsizing.
Now all that's left is some company.

The engine is shit, though. Old admin wanted to fork it before he went MIA.

Superglowglass does make crops grow at night if placed just next to the crop. I am not sure if crops below height 0 can grow, though.

Is it a copy of the superior pre-infinite-world version of minecraft?
Can you make a world that generates as hell or flaot?
Does water flow quickly and flood all lower elevations, or is it blue putty like minecraft?

Vanilla is, in terms of features, just some versions away from Minecraft Classic.
There are several hell (basically the Nether) mods. You get to them via digging like a motherfucker or building an obsidian portal. There are also some flaot worldgens.

In Minetest, there are some crazy worldgens. One guy even made a Dyson sphere/ring world/tube world mod, but it's pretty useless considering Minetest doesn't support customizable gravity vectors for some dumb reason.

Not exactly quickly, but it does flow like hell. So does lava, which is why a huge area of our map got griefed to hell and back with stone volcanoes

Neat. I enjoyed minecraft way back during the days when you set a 256x256 area as your entire map and had to survive, craft and build with only what it contained. Playing in finite flaot maps was my favorite.

When Notch slowed the water down "to prevent griefing", he removed one of the most fun dangers of digging.
When he made worlds gen infinitely, he removed the value of all resources by making them infinite as well.
When he removed the interesting worldgen types because they no longer meshed with infinite generation (for some fucking reason), the game passed the point of terminal blandness.

I may actually give minetest a try.

Oh, I forgot to mention the Minetest map is absurdly big in all directions. Even in height. In fact, most dimensions are implemented by changing the worldgen at certain heights.

That said, you may find some small map mods. There is skyblock, which puts you in a small island with limited (but renewable) resources, but I am not sure it is what you want.

Skyblock sounds nice, especially if you can accidentally dig out the bottom or side of it and fall into a presumably infinite abyss of sky.

There is a death-on-touch floor relatively near your island. In its defense, dying can be kind of a big deal, since Skyblock implements levelling via quests (which ironically makes for a better RPG than anything Minecraft has ever done), and dying can throw you back to the start of the level. The first levels are fairly easy and short, but fuck if this happens to you above level 5, where things start to get legit grindy.

Can anyone confirm if this is safe?

What's the video about? Minetest usually doesn't require making an account (other than putting a password on joining a server). I doubt the new admin has blocked new user registration.

Checked. Sometimes all you need is a non-blank password to join. No "account" necessary.

The fuck is this link to then?

Well, just learned that bonemeal makes flowers and grass spontaneously sprout from dirt. No more begging for dyes!
Also, three beds are now at Spawn Point Services for any wayward traveler that's alone on the server and doesn't want to wait out the night.

How about you faggots play a videogame instead?

?

Kek, fucking newfag