Project: Gorgon Thread - Not Wurm Online Edition

Project Gorgon is an MMO without a class system, with an assload of usable skills. It is currently free to play and in alpha, with a Steam release planned in the future.

projectgorgon.com/
projectgorgon.com/wiki/Main_Page
projectgorgon.com/wiki/Category:Game_updates
projectgorgon.com/wiki/General_gameplay_tips

The game takes place in an area known as the Council Lands, governed by a cabal of mages of questionable morality. This land is currently in a state of crisis due to resources being stretched thin, because of a demon invasion in one direction, subversion by a race of Hags, and a dickass Necromancer by the name of Dalvos, an ex-member of the cabal who isn't quite happy with them for a number of reasons.

- Traditionalist/nationalist Humans
- Degenerate Elves
- Reformed Rakshasa who are slave owners with a violent side
- Dwarves, Fey, and Orcs are planned to be added eventually

Yes, you can be a Necromancer, after stealing the secrets from a lich's crypt after going through a torturously long dungeon. You can raise an army of several skelebros, and you can even be a lich in the future, too.

Guilds are in, and are available for cheap creation in Serbule at the message board for 10,000 Councils. It was allegedly 'Agitated Bones' but none of the old members are active or are ones capable of offering invites, as we've been away from Project Gorgon for a while, so not everyone is playing again and we're not making any guild as of yet. Unless an old player comes back to offer us the old one.

Holla Forums player list:
docs.google.com/document/d/10M9293VULyIxOa58EWJA-gBwjAsu2RYV5-JS_RVIvkQ/edit

Guild issues aside, type “/join -infinity” for our chatroom, use /help for other commands that every casual fag doesn't know how to use BECAUSE THEY DON'T FUCKING READ.

Perform autopsies on corpses, learn anatomy which benefits skinning for hides, butchering for meat, bones and extremities used in necromancy, cooking, and more. Chickens give dinosaur anatomy XP, NPCs actually being able to become friends and eventually soul mates with you for better commerce prospects, quests, and dialogue options as well as NPCs having exploitable secrets (like a giant talking mushroom's cranium powder addiction discovered by paying attention to dialouge)

Get to Level 10 in Unarmed, Sword, And Psychology before leaving the new Tutorial Island, having made sure to learn whatever else is on offer on the island. The core of the game is exploration, and you'll be doing a lot of it to get what you need to suit your play style. When in doubt, ask. Armor in the game is ranked by light green, light blue, dull purple, light purple and lastly yellow. Aim for dull purple and above.

Animals and Druids are degenerates, and you should never trust them. Avoid contact with Global chat, it's cancer. Game also includes goblin on fairy rape, a bath full of elf STDs, elf orgies, a crazy mushroom elf, sexed up milk horny sentient cows, and mantises with fedoras. A while back during the Kickstarter, an user made a large donation and we were allegedly getting some sort of base of operations, below is the doc for brainstorming for said project and it's probably never going to happen ;_;

docs.google.com/document/d/1Dpg1-TZ8ke_xutV5CNuZtXSOPcdlpAOtO4GJsagZJ-U

Srand is the Dev's wife and the person who reads suggestions submitted on the forums and through the ingame interface, always check if she's online, as that's the best time to submit a suggestion, or even talk in global.
Go to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\ProjectGorgon\WindowsPlayer To play without having to use the game's update interface.
Arkaine has broken the sound barrier and is our fastest player.
There are key bindings to screenshots, both High res and low res in the game itself, use them.
Myconic is best leveled in the sewers, Mycology is the best route into leveling alchemy effectively.
The party room Glitch still works, albeit differently, have some fun whilst you can!

Other urls found in this thread:

projectgorgon.com/blog/entry/dev-notes-october-11
projectgorgon.com/blog/entry/dev-notes-october-3
projectgorgon.com/forum/general-gorgon-discussion/100-screenshot-thread?start=280
projectgorgon.com/blog/entry/dev-notes-october-20
projectgorgon.com/member-forum/forum/general-gorgon-discussion/3325-change-in-plans-legacy-loot-free-loot-halloween?limitstart=0
indiegogo.com/projects/project-gorgon-pc-mmo#/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this game is doomed to fail

I played this some months back. I had an odd amount of fun considering how rough it was. I can't put my finger on why it was fun though. The high fantasy style game is really over saturated in my mind. I want something different personally. Why does everything have to emulate three or four IPs? You had a blank canvas and you just iterated on what has already been done.

Look what I found

What a time to be alive.
I didn't play then, but that gave me some good laughs from lurking

I feel like my character belongs in Hotline Miami

It's fun because it's a true Role Playing MMO.

Everything is stat based with levels that buff you, but no single stat defined your character. It opens up creative doors to different builds for your in-game character and gets you invested into the storyline with humorous dialogue and plenty to do.

It reminds me of the "good old days" of MMOs with Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest, but also the grind element is familiar to Runescape.

To Spurgoth, there's a bunch of spider only and Spider/Druid items waiting for you in guild chests and such, and reserved items in my shop too, and I've been saving up on spider carapace from guild runs and putting them in the Animal town chests.

Lastly, I figured out how to hand in the Guild quest, you actually have to GIFT the items to the Hand-in NPC which literally caught me off guard because on the wiki it says give, and you'd think it'd just be like the default quests.

The new Guild quest is gather 300 pieces of grass, so drop in a stack of 99 at the serb guild chests and I'll hand in at a later date.

Use this as a good time to grind butchering on pigs for hearts, rib bones, pig and unpig, and spleens.

I hope you weren't the only person on when you turned in the quest…

Also, about that cannibalism debuff:
What if it slowly gave you experience towards a new beast form, Wendigo, wherein you can heal by eating raw meat of your previous species a la cows eating grass to heal, and dealing cold and nothingness damage?

Sorry, only 3 of us were on for that.

At least the new one is a lot easier to to do.

Better than only one person! I don't really care as long as more than just one or two people benefit from the quests. I almost wish guild quests were a guild currency, and not an individual currency.

incase anybody ever want to pick up staff this is where you get the support skill for it and the boni

also you can sneak past the boss if nobody is around to help you kill him.(still have to be able to kill the wolves on the way to him though)

What.

I don't get it, why?

Is there a reason?

What could possibly balance it as it is, just leaving it the way it is a good idea?

I'm honestly stumped, it seems so simple, yet we get this.

Looks like it retrieves the last few PM's you've received … I guess it's useful if your chat log gets buried in shit during a dungeon and someone is talking to you?

I'm not on about that, I was on about this- first picture

The second one is an answer to the scale issue last thread

Also, there's an incognito mode.

runescape solved this 15 years ago by hiding the roof as you go in or camera gets too close

;_;

Send them a PM
Didn't they give you a week duration??

10 days, ban ends in 3

Nice job, fagging yourselves out for another MMO.

Oh neat they respond sometimes

I got this game solely for the playable fairies that still aren't in.

Well, just start an account and make a character to grind the easiest skills to level and get rich quick and transfer it's items via the item transfer chest to your fairy player when it's released.

The only issue will be money because Coin is not droppableas of yet, so you may want to farm gold purses or valuable items to be stored on your placeholder player for transfer to later.

They really should add a Placeholder race feature, where we just play as a base human that will be changed into the desired race at a later date.

They have fairy NPCs, but I imagine the gear and animations are not even good enough to placeholder year.

It would be all sorts of hilarious

So srand PM'd me to help test something

Turns out there's an (currently) undocumented /mapclear command that nukes all your map pins in the area

Well, that's what I'd do, I'd give you the functionality over form first, have the races written up with some of the modelled features that require animation (wings, wingspan wing design) cut until I'd made the real thing which I'd implement in a facial overhaul, rather than cut out and limit the races outright, creating a disparity of racial distribution.

So basically, everyone would be humans of a different skin tone size and proportion until the updates were ready.

I just wanna be a skelalchemist

IF EVER THERE WAS A TIME TO LOG IN COMERADE

IT IS NOW

hilariously scum

I just want to know what the hell is going on. Am I not supposed to be paying these or what?

hi jarsi, considered not being an assburger lately?

It's kind of expected for people who run guilds and such, you know?

Jarsi is a guild boss, and collects the money from new recruits; he was in a different zone from you. I (Fas) was in the same zone as you, and with no actual authority, offered to collect it on his behalf as a convenience, but he said no, just wait for him, so that's what's happened

Now I have guild colors

I've given it some thought and I think I want to be a cow.

This mainly comes from the simple fact of milk production. I can get 6/hr between Serbule and Eltibule. Apparently if you have a vegetarian (vegan?) diet for 3 weeks, you can produce milk not every hour, but 15 minutes. This means 10/hr.

However does this mean 3 weeks of game time or real time? The wiki mentions a requirement of 20 hours of real time played, so it seems to be IRL time. Additionally, what foods can I eat? No meat dishes, which should be obvious, what about dairy or milk or cheese? Do snacks count?

I heard I lose the ability to use carpentry - what else cant I do in that form?

For starters you're going to need decent psychology skill to get psychology loot so you can get the Survival instincts skill, which is found in Kur, said skill is your go to replacement for armour patching.

And I can tell you, you need help to get it every fucking time, so that's 1 downside to it.

Next, after becoming a cow, only some NPCs will talk to you, others may run away or just tell you to fuck off, and some may ask you to do a quest a pay them a bribe to continue with that NPCs services.

All animal forms are dependent on large income, because it's needed to maintain trips to sun vale they make and the creation of the animal forms unique Armour type, so that means that before hand, you've got to have blacksmith, which requires armour patching 25.

You don't lose the ability to do carpentry, but you lose the ability to do a number of tasks that requires the dexterity of fingers and reposable thumbs, such as getting the wood, so you have to buy your resources where this is concerned.

No animals play instruments, so you can't idle whilst playing one to start parties at places of commerce and gathering or waiting for people to group up to raid and run a dungeon, so you have to invest in interpretative dancing instead.

The cheesemaker does not talk to animals, or at least spiders in my experience, farm animals get an easier time over spiders and bats, in terms of socialization.

The acquisition of disguise kits will benefit you greatly, unfortunately they require tool-crafting which means you need to have the means to it via carpentry and blacksmithing.

Though as a guild, we're better off as we get guild points which can be used to buy these.

Lastly, talks that require speed may become an issue due to unuaslbe combat skills, unless you're an animal with hooves meaning you get horseshoes.

Animals also get their own quests and designated 51-60 trainer found in Animal Town in sun vale.

Favour gain varies.

Lastly, in terms of cloth for cheesemaking, spurgoth and others cna probably supply you as roughly a few other people are invested in it right now.

Lastly, you've become a cow, not a bull, so you've also been genderbent to boot.

Oh right, and you need to prevtty much level and max out mycology, because everyone needs to do that but you'll be doing it for mushroom smoothies which dip in to your skill. As well as cheeses that involve shroom use.

Do disguise kits let me talk to any NPC as normal, then?

Getting genderbent doesn't really matter since its strictly a cosmetic change. Right?

Can I still use crafting skills? Tailoring, surveying, etc? Im assuming Psychology for unarmed attacks, is Mentalism worth it, and does Unarmed work?

You won't be able to milk yourself in the beginning.

Psychology is a super support skill, loads of heals and such. Mentalism is a support-damage mix, and Unarmed is good crowd control. Either would go well with Unarmed.

That's probably fine - it'll take 3 weeks to become vegetarian, anyways, so it's a bit of a longterm plan

Are you STILL not able to play as a gorgon yet?

Droach event happened. Got loot, but I can't say I'll be using it anytime soon

Hey, whoah, blog update this past Tuesday.
projectgorgon.com/blog/entry/dev-notes-october-11

He's overhauling the treasure effects entirely as well,with some major updates to older abilities such as sword and mentalism. SO, we're looking at a release schedule for the next patch of "before halloween", and plans on allowing bat players to reach 60 come the update… but maybe not so much battle chemists.

changing combat skills and gear during combat:
projectgorgon.com/blog/entry/dev-notes-october-3

What do with leather rolls now that I have access to them? Just sell them straight up?

Use them to craft, rolls themselves are worth less than pure skins to NPCs like Marna, Flia, and Kleave.

it's better to just make stacks and stacks of skins, sell to kleave till you have enough bank to go silly on tannin powder, then do the whol ething over to make all the fuckign recipies.

Here's the books one of our old players left in the in-game library.

I hope the wiki front page looks better
no bully

Is there any word on when this thing is going to get its steam release?

projectgorgon.com/forum/general-gorgon-discussion/100-screenshot-thread?start=280

Bump

Yes, when it releases it receives its own steam release for a standard price of $40. No monthly subscription but some kind of VIP thing.

Anyone wanna do kur?

Well, there's the fucking rarity issue solved, God I feel like an idiot.

Gonna grow all that stuff we've been stocking for ages

Oh i thought the flower seeds were used directly for dyes

Im still 47 gardening i hope i can get 50 in a day or two but never enough fert to go around

Nigger fucking earn favour with the gardneing teachers so you can make it outta bonemeal instead or rotten meat, because I've loads of this shit

I have 0 meal and rotten meat so it doesnt help much. I did get the bone meal recipe last night though.

If you can supply any extra materials though thatd be rad

Violent Abberation invasion in Illamri

Remove Eye Tyrants, Remove.

Word of Power:
SWORRTHAS

This sucks

Disregard that, power is up and I am playing Gorgon as hoped

Disregarding XP gain, cheesecloth is superior to breadcloth for gaining rep with George Madler. Bread takes a fuckton of cotton, while costing roughly the same as cheesecloth.

Cheesecloth is good but also, Voile Muslin, because it needs just basic cotton (but lots of it). Basically I got a ton of leftover carded cotton from carding it for perfects, so this was a good solution. I'd recommend a mix

I can't tell if I like the (((cinematic experience))) provided by this window resizing

what the fuck happened?

ANyone know what level I should be before I leave serbule ???

Levels aren't really useful to determine that, your equipment is. That said, at 20 you can set foot in eltibule, around 30 for the Goblin dungeon there(careful, there's two and one is practically impossible because of the respawn rates/number of mobs even at high level), 40 for Kur, 50 for Ilmari Desert.

Whenever I'm training up a new skill, I like to hit 20 in the crypt, 30 in the mushroom cave then head to Elt to grind on goblins

That being said, that's playing extremely safe. If you're just exploring then it's find to head over at 20 or so. Just don't expect to be smacking things around a lot. Best to get as early a start on Goblinese as possible though, get that shit out of the way ASAP

so gobbo dungeon and gobbo house are on the same map

I adjusted the 3d rendering offset overrides

Which one are you looking at, the house?

nah i was in the house the thing you see is the dungeon (notice the green/purple corridors at the end?)

Cow is great because if you're high level you can just solo the cow dungeon to get/remove the cow curse whenever you want. It's probably the least inconvenient animal curse out there. Also COW BATTLE ARMOR FUCK YEAH

SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME

THE WORLD IS GONNA ROLL ME

And aw fuck, Rekt by shrek

Good think I've almost capped first aid

Okay Killed a Yeti high priest and found this.

Is this the fucking Myconian crystal? Always thought it was Khyruleks one

NEVERMIND

IT WAS GOD

HE GIVES OUT CHOICE REWARDS FOR KILLING THAT GHOUL UP IN MY PREVIOUS POST

HOLY FUCK

YOU CAN TURN IN THE HEAD EVERY 3 HOURS.

I GOT THE BROKEN BONES RECIPIE BECAUSE YOU NEED IT BECAUSE OF THE OGRES, BUT HOT DANM, LEVELING NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD

holy fucking shit, that's broken as fuck

How do you leave a guild??

you need to go to the guild roster in serbule and you can leave from there, it's a sign outside a house

Yeah, first time in Yeti Cave I went through the whole area and killed the Ghoul and found the Orb afterwards, no idea where I was or what I was doing

sogud

I should clarify this was for 10 amethysts

Only deer are capable of being this degenerate.

S' a really fucked up relationship, the wife's a drug-addict hopped up on drugs that are actually unsafe, which she brews herself, who constantly seeks companionship with others in almost any form and forces intelligence on animals who she thinks are suitable enough to fill the gap her husband won't fill.

Meanwhile, the husband is promiscuous fuck who was once something of an alpha male warrior but is now too high or drunk to do fuck all so he sits around rotting in decadence.

Then there's the Relation the Deer have with darkness, I get there are evil deer, but why the fuck would you give it to deer of fucking necromancers or any other way players could have is something utterly silly.

I thought the SJW menace purged all the fun people and killed the game.

Is it alive and well still?

We're limited to our chat, but we're alright.

Are we? I just thought global is full of thin-skinned retards

Well, not by official dicate, but it's a lot better than being banned for minor bantz.

Hazmat here. Been busy the last few nights but I'll be in tonight. (Saw Gojira live last night in Detroit)

Anybody wanna run some dungeons tonight?

get your asses in here fags, we are running wolf cave

THIS CURSE HATE I FUCKING

This game has something going for it. I'll probably play it some more, I gotta get rid of the lice.

You can earn favor with the woman elf on starter island and if you hang out with her and "pick lice" you get a comb that you can use to Delouse with

Is it just me, or does this happen for you, too?

Everything works again.

projectgorgon.com/blog/entry/dev-notes-october-20

Oh? I wonder what he has in mind.

tfw dropped Project:Gorgon for Hellmoo because I wanted to become more degenerate than I already was

Leveling up first aid eventually gives you the option to cure illnesses.

The fuck word is that

"Cruft is jargon for anything that is left over, redundant and getting in the way. It is used particularly for superseded and unused technical and electronic hardware and useless, superfluous or dysfunctional elements in computer software"

Finally unlocked necromancy to 60. And to think all it took was buying 100 Astonishing Raksasha skulls from mushroom jack with my piles of oldfag money.

I bought 3 pieces of legacy Sinewy Meat from a vendor. If my experience with RS has taught me anything, theyll be worth BILLIONS in a decade

This game has to get big first for the demand to grow like that.

Where did they move the necromancy altar to?

Type /wiki Khyrulek's True Form

It's no longer the Omegaspider.

You have to eat ALL the eggs

How does this game scratch the wurm itch? I miss wurm with Holla Forums.

Half the guild is inactive. Don't forget to log in and do shit regularly.

Oh shit now I get serious Runescape vibes

I'm out doing job related things. I'll be back in my normal schedule tomorrow night

Stand in the same spot killing pigs for 3 hours
It's fun

What went right?

everything

G-guys ;_;

I've been somewhat busy recently.

Sorry.

niggers i'll leave 20 grass and 26 large strawberries in the guild chest for the animal town guild quest, i dont know where to find that place

t. Unter

I am now a cow
None of you faggots were online to stop me

Cow is a good tank. Able to eat grass and heal in the middle of fights.

Also I was wrong, I'll be back in TONIGHT, new job couldn't schedule physical for yesterday.

Okay, I caved in and I'm installing it.
Tell me how to not-suck, my only hardmode MMO was Dark Age of Camelot, and this is giving me a lot of familiar vibes from it.

I'm up to ~6 deaths now. I don't think this is how you keep new players.

Someone probably lured it to the respawn?

There should only be a few skeletons when you start. Also get 10 sword and psychology, ideally before you leave the island

Yeah, on my 10th death I reached the backpack and equipped everything.
Finally wandering about at this point.

explore and talk with all npcs, what they say is important so you should pay attention to it, also there are lots of books and shit to read and pick up

no pls ;_;

dis gonna be gud

projectgorgon.com/member-forum/forum/general-gorgon-discussion/3325-change-in-plans-legacy-loot-free-loot-halloween?limitstart=0

Lazy fucks.

Though I do like the loot undead idea, but still.

patch today

can i expect any of you faggots to be around or do i have to farm new gear from the event with normalfags?

I'll try to get on.

It'd be nice if the cheese recipes listed everything that they make.

Okay, fuck this skill. I wasn't necessarily raising it for the guild, but someone else can be a dedicated cheesemaker.

>Can't spam it because actual cheeses need rennet which needs animal stomachs which are a rare drop or non-guaranteed from butchering (you get an organ drop like 9% of the time at best, and it's not always a stomach)
>Regular whey is sometimes given to you when making a cheese

W O W
O
W

serves you right

Maybe you faggots shouldn't have memed about the guild needing one badly then stop playing. Now I'm mad and burnt out

shit man i'm still playing everyday, there's just a few faggots that stopped playing, you should try an easier craft before cheesemaking, get high level butchering and cooking, you'll have enough stomachs after that

well my launcher started loading the update so i guess its live?

HELL YES

HOLY FUCK

THE DORFS ARE HERE

GIANT BATS AND UNDEAD ATTACKING SERB SQUARE

LEGACY ITEMS

PEOPLE LOGGED ON

LEGACY ITEMS EVERYWHERE

FUCKING GOLEM IN THE OLD HOUSE WHERE THE TANNING RACK IS NEXT TO THE RANDOM QUEST GIVING ELF JOEH IN SERBULE

SACRIFICE SKULLS OR BONES TO FIRE TO SUMMON ONSLAUGHT OF GIANT BATS, WITCHES, LAMIAS AND SKELETONS.

INFINITY

GET IN THE GAME, ASSHOLES
IT'S A LITERAL LOOT ORGY GOING ON IN SERBULE RIGHT NOW

There's a Necromancer Boss, A Lamia boss (the Vampiric detach head from body with entrails Asian kind) and loot chests for keys that drop on the enemies for fucking loot chests that give loot by choice of level.

Don't forget the crone boss, and the ghost of Lord Serbule.

Also

Fucking, I thought that's how it already worked

Should I do it?

No.

Been like a year since i've stumbled into here,
What happened to the rich fag who was gunna buy a city, some dead god shennaniganz that a bunch of people went full m00t over?
Also, is being a spider still as awesome as it was before?

Fuck yeah

Havent played in a while, mentalism was the most "healer" skill line right? Didnt that require grinding rep with some faggot

Mentalism and Psychology are the best healer skills with Druid coming very close. Mentalism has more standalone damage and sustain while psyche has more control and CC. Druid has everything, but you become nature's bitch forever.

got any more info on that user?

When you accept druid as a skill, you accept the responsibility that you'll help deal with certain disaster events. Currently they're just monster invasions.
If you don't help with a druid event every so often you'll be unable to gain any exp for ANY of your combat skills until you help with a druid event.

It's not the worst thing in the world, but something to consider before taking up druid.

Yuofs boobs.

Meanwhile, in the PVP room…

VILE FUCKING ELF

RARE

Holy fucking shit

Ah yes, the random mass deer spawnings in Kur.

Kill them all with an AOE.

Halloween's in full swing

Returning after a few months away, what's the new guild? i'm still a member of "Agitated Bones" but I think they've gone the way of the dodo.

I believe it's The Esoteric Order of KEK

I just made this and was surprised to see your post.

And Lord Serbule get's his revenge on the populace Sans the Skeleton style by refusign to die so we can loot him for keys, sending the server into utter Chaos.

Karma indeed.

This frightens me
It's a mushroom. Fungi are more closely related to animals, than plants, on a genetic level. It's crudely shaped into a misshapen human form. And it died and came back from the fucking dead.

Elf souls are stones.

Eldar confirmed

NANI!?!?!?

indiegogo.com/projects/project-gorgon-pc-mmo#/

Anyone want to make skeleton city real?

Shamnic Infusion is bugged, caused items their effects are used on to become Legacy items, this probably occurs with enchantment and other forms of mod addition, so be wary or you may have to reroll.

Help this get fixed by reporting the bug

GDI user.

I thought bacon was just an instant heal?

Please explain, I haven't played in a long time.

Nevermind, it was Archduke, forget what I said.

Also, I'm not entirely sure if the indiegogo backing benefits are the same as what was on offer in the Kickstarter, because I don't remember any of the free cakes and horse Armour stuff.

In ye olden time RichFag was going to buy Arch Duke status, Design and build big dead god skeleton city for various anons and necBROs.

On the plus side, Classic He-Man Skeletor coulour scheme

Also, i just fucking noticed you look like Brevik, holy shit.

Anyone familiar with battle chemistry? I was wondering when you get a golem able to process more orders.

Hey kids, wanna yiff?

Ooh boy, where to start… So battle Chem is a bag of dicks right now, this coming from someone with 52 battle Chem. Don't worry about the golem, battle Chem is going to get a major overhaul soon and golem will be leaving. I'll expand on this when I get out of work.

If you feel that its worth leveling anyway then I'll stick with it.

Yeah, sure, I'll bite.

In its current form, you also are required to level up mycology, meditation, unarmed, cooking, first aid, and more in order to learn all the abilities for the skill. I'm only sticking with it because I have high hopes for its future incarnations (and because one of the treasure effects has some high DoT potential). I would not recommend it for a new player AT ALL right now.

Yeah I got it to 20 tonight and discovered that DoT potential. Every item with the DoT effect stacks. That alone makes it worth it for the moment. The run speed buff is nice too.
I'm currently doing animal training + chemist but after getting the DoT gear the AT pet is getting severely outclassed DPS-wise. If I can figure out how to tame a bear I might go the tank route for my pet.

you can get a cat at 20 AH and Bear at 40.

Knife + battle Chem is an interesting combo, plenty of long term Dps as long as I don't have threat.

keys, keys, keys.