Gamepad thread

Don't ever buy this piece of crap edition

What do you use to play your games Holla Forums?

I just happened to waste $25 on this gamepad with hopes of playing more than turn based games in my phone.
The game pad on this one is awful beyond comprehension. I took apart the whole thing to examine it, and it turns out it has the shittiest dpad design i have seen.

I also own an Xbone Elite, that i use on my PC and it's great even for fighting games, i was dubious at first, but since it was on sale i bought it and i don't have a single complain about this one.

i meant "the d-pad on this one is awful"

I now use a 360 controller, but I used to have this. For how cheap it was it wasn't bad, it got the job done, but the triggers were fucking stiff to use and it breaks insanely easily if you accidentally drop it.

Agreed. it's a great bargain bin controller. It just breaks really fucking easily. Had the D-pad just come right off w/ one, and pressing diagonally down on the left thumbstick refuses to go full bore (my character will walk as if the analog is only mildly pressed instead of run)

It's a shame cause it's just shy of being great.

That piece of shit did cost me the same as the wired 360 controller.
I got it first, because it trusted Logitech more than Microsoft and then had to shell out another 30 bucks.
That Logitech 360 clone is completely unusable with a non-functional d-pad, unusable triggers and completely unusable analog sticks with 50 % deadzones.
Whoever designed this thing never played a game in his life.

It really is just shy of being good considering the price tag.

Wait, it costed the same price as a 360 controller? Damn.

What is a good gamepad for mobile phones?

I got one to replace my PSP as my portable music and emulation machine, but I haven't invested in a gamepad for it yet because I've just been playing RPGs on it so far.

Preferably, I'd like a gamepad with the D-Pad above the Analog Stick.
Or maybe a gamepad without analog sticks at all.

You can easily connect a DS4 to a smart phone, and I noticed there were harnesses for attaching one to it. I'm not sure which is the best one, if any are good and I'd like to know

I've got a DS4 and I tried to connect it via bluetooth, but it didn't work out.
I've heard this and that about rooting the phone but at the same time I know bumfuck nothing about phones and fucking up the process can apparently brick the thing, so that's a nice incentive not to.

i heard samsung dropped the DS4 support on some sort of deal with gamepad manufacturers, also because they now make their own

I don't think you should need to root it I should know, I can't root this fucking blackberry priv
It didn't work at first for me either. It's just kinda quirky.

First use the steps you find online

Then what I did
And it'll probably connect

I'm not sure what part of that worked, but basically just mess with those buttons while it's connecting.

Definitely gonna try that out.
If all I need to do is buy a BDSM device for my DS4 to use it as a gamepad then I'll be happy as a clam.

Just came into to tell you that you are a fucking idiot, the gamesir controller is fine but the dpad isnt up to nintendo standard. Hence why it is PATENT BY FUCKING LAW.
Also if you want to play games on an phone
FUCKING KILL YOURSELF NOW

I've been using an Afterglow 360 controller for about four or five years now, and it's time to buy a new one. The rubber on the analog sticks has worn off and the face buttons feel… sunken, I guess. I'm almost considering getting a Steam controller, because my back is fucked and it'd be to control my computer with it while lying down on my bed, but I think it'd be cheaper to just get another wired 360 controller.

Nintendo's dpad patent expired in 2013.

Either mod a controller with 18$ chip, get an Ibuffalo snes controller, or driver/plug in a ps3 controller.
The logitech f310 is okay and get the job done, but they are fucking cheap. Wires break, driver stops detecting the device, buttons break.
The gamesir is small, but from what I have used is fine, I do not mind the dpad at all. I have had much worse.
As for the Xbox Elite, that shit is fucking garabage, get the fuck out of here.

I just use my PS2 controller, mostly because the R2/L2 triggers on the PS3 controllers feel too squishy to use for anything.

"not up to nintedo's standard" is a compliment to this dpad, its pure shit, can't play a single fighting game with it, it only works for shmups and anything that doesn't need diagonal inputs too often

Got this and the wireless sequel version. Both have served me will so far, I mean, they're good for the price.

Well you should be using a fighting stick for on retard, and two, its a third party controller. You got what you paid for.