HOW THE FUCK IS THIS GAME STILL ALIVE?

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS GAME STILL ALIVE?

Not even four hundred people play Wildstar still. Yet Carbine is still trying to keep this afloat.

I do not understand but at this point this seems like the most elaborate case of corporate sabotage imaginable. Surely they can't think keeping this game alive is worth it at this point?

OP, shut the fuck up and post clang

Its not even good clang its disney clang you low test pleb.

how there you to like shit he doesn't like, pissbaby?

Also
You seem like a true scholar but do you have articles backing up those numbers?

i mean 400 peeps online is even lower than Champions online

Go look at the wildstar general forums right now. The damage control is reaching tortanic mid crash levels of "more people leaving is room for even more to join!" delusion.

y did it bomb

"muh hardcore"+borderlands "humour"=abortion.

Alpha Tester here, this is why it sucked:

UI was terrible. World wasn't worth exploring (even if you picked explorer, at which point you just went to certain spots, clicked a skill, and a magical rock blocking your path suddenly despawned). Quests weren't fun or interesting to do. Combat didn't feel fluid and you didn't get big fancy numbers in your face to tell you that you did well.

Content release schedule was bad. The dungeons and raids that they had were good, raids were hard. But if you completed them you had nothing else to do since the game lacked depth.

Every character being cartoony dreamworks face smirks also turned people off. Housing was pretty fun for a while at least

All I know about this game is that a game journalists brought up it's character model's butts in some clickbait sexism thing and ever since then I wanted to see these butts in motion.

isn't this every mmo out right now,there's never any reason to get gear besides to get better gear ad infinitum,its such a sad state

The game sold itself as being "hardcore" on par with vanilla wow. but I don't think any of the devs played vanilla or even knew what made vanilla fun, because some of the shit they did was straight up retarded. Like raid attunements that required killing multiple world bosses maxing out 2-3 rep grinds and doing several high lvl dungeon within a small time period that was so small that it was impossible for some party/class combos. all of that just for one raid, that combined with just a dull game made it impossible for most guilds to keep up a steady raid group.

It had potential but they fucked it up

I made so much money in this game. I abused server transfers to transfer wealth from servers where the C.R.E.D.D.? the stuff you could use to pay your subscription in game. was expensive to ones where it was super cheap. I'd buy the things and sell them back on the expensive server. That plus a pretty consistent income from having invested my funds into 12 of the preorder house mining stations gave me enough money to buy years worth of subscription for both me and my brother. I had fun playing the game as a merchant had to convert funds into items before transferring to the cheap servers and designing houses, but other than that the game was complete crap. I had to pay some money for each server transfer, but I think the ratio was about 5 dollars for 100 plat (at the time 15-20ish months of subscription)

So you pulled the 400 people online stat out of your ass.

I wonder how many people actually do play.

Someone wants to get punished?

They put a lot of effort into the animation that they'd probably done better as an animation studio. Most video companies should have a side job of it because it's where a lot of their budget seems to be going. Better than having Hollywood make a terrible live action adaptation out of it.

No. Asheron's Call actually had a member of the dev team control the main boss when he went on a rampage actually destroying whole towns in the game. I did some damage to him on my spellcaster and in turn he teleported me 20+ miles in the air above a town on the other side of the map. I fell for about 3mins to my death. fun times

I know its still out, but I'm talking about post-wow mmo's

I'll give you the only reason anyone gave a shit about the game.

it was fun, just needed more interresting things to do other than running adventures, dungeons, raids or PvP
those hoverboard races they had for back to the future day in 2015 were kind of fun, even if I only did them for the costume pieces you got for doing them

And on the launch, she looked like an anemic heroin addict with a boob job on her skeletal frame, doesn't help when the SJW media decided to attack the female models and animations in the game.

WildStar was more like

there's no other raid so you log off

Getting silver was fine. As long as you didn't have a retarded comp like 3 melee dps or 3 ranged dps, you'd do fine assuming everyone was well geared and played well. What WASN'T fine was the grind for those tokens or whatever it was you needed half a billion of to attune yourself. World bosses were stupid as fuck, but the tokens were just dumb: HEY GO GRIND 5 MAN DUNGEONS FOR 100 HOURS TO ATTUNE 5 PEOPLE!

It could have been better but they chose to stagnate.

As a WoW hardcore / poopsocker at the time best place was a US 9th clear, our raiders stopped caring when they did the boob shrink for the SJWs as no one wanted to invest thousands of hours into a game that was going to do the man-hating thing.
After the game released, the word we got from raiders who had decided to play was that Wildstar interpreted "hardcore" not to mean "very hard" but "very miserable". All the shit we'd hated in BC and classic was front and center like ridiculous attunements and boring grind. On top of that, the raids didn't look better than what we were getting in WoW, and pushing "don't stand in bad" markers as their main achievement just seemed pathetic. If they were expecting to cater to a raider audience, the #1 thing they needed was obviously superior raids and they either didn't have them or failed at marketing them.

Logistical issues and gated content that was, even to a vetaran was fucking extreme, and for a game that touted itself as not-WoW, the mentality from WoW still managed to ingrain itself into that game.

I played during the f2p flood about a year ago. I totally agree up until
If anything, the numbers were TOO BIG in the literal visual sense. Everything was loud and in your face constantly. The telegraphs and attack animations for everything were really overdone. Maybe that was the point, but it really kills your eyesight. Compare:

Wildstar:

Current WOW:

I'm not saying that WoW is good but surely you can see how less is more. I made it to like level 15 before I dropped Too Wild-Star. Not even pic related could keep me hooked.

The 20>40 man hurdle killed pretty much every guild. That was a retarded design decision on their part. The 20 man content was decent/good, the few 40 man fights I tried showed promise. But getting 40 people together in a guild and attuning everyone and all the rest of the bullshit was too much for the majority of players.

I played it after it went f2p, but after playing GW2 I just couldn't be bothered
with the clasic questing system with walls of text and constantly running from quest giver to quest location and then back again, uninstalled within the first 3 hours

I feel like if there was a lot lot more booty in it they would have succeded. Big round ready butts of course. Anything less is an afront and just doing it wrong. If they had done that at least it would have just worked.

This. A thousand times this.
The devs thought the small minority of "muh hardcore raids" autists was sufficient to keep an entire game afloat. Turns out, raid autists blow through content and then quit.

It was also a buggy piece of shit with terrible terrible humor as you said.

He might have done that but steamspy says peak players yesturday was ~510. But we don't know how many non steam players there are

How was that supposed to be hardcore ? Even wow didn't have that, they used shadows at best.

I miss playing with the group, that oc from my screenshot just makes me sadder

If all MMOs are just spamming attack and jumping around, why isn't there a touhouMMO?

This. A key part of any MMO is "feel". World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, ARR… These games know when to shut the fuck up and leave you alone for a while. Meanwhile Wildstar was constant popups, constant collectibles and shit, adverts for their cash shop currency everywhere, it felt like a cheap highway-adjacent carnival. You can dick around for a few hours and enjoy it a bit, but there's no real substance to it.

NEVER LEAVE THE FUCKING CIRCLE NEVER!!!

The humor ruined this game.

I wanted to enjoy it and got like 20 levels in before I couldn't take it anymore. It felt like I was being forced to watch disney channel "teen" cartoons the whole time. The writing and lore was just so fucking terrible. Gameplay was solid, but the writing was SO ANNOYING I quit.

that was my screenshot, faggot

is that the metroid guy?

i kinda liked the combat.. having to move around and actually dodge shit was more engaging then just mashing keys

From the very beginning it looked too similar to WoW to even have a chance of succeeding.

I really hated the combat, it was like GW2 combat but worse in everyway.

I always thought it was mine and someone else made oc from it

Yep it's still up and running. Darktide is still pretty hardcore.
Well, Turbine actually resurrected Asheron's Call 2, which I only played for about 2mo because I didn't like the "faction" system.

I swear that boss was harder than Calidor.

The writing is terrible, like really really bad.
But the gameplay itself is actually not bad, the first legitimate improvement I've seen on the WoW formula.

It's okay, I like it

I gave it a go shortly before it went on steam, didn't even get past the third zone before I quit due to boredom.

reason i stop was cause there was like no content coming. it was literally almost the same thing at launch to f2p launch.
i mean now i guess they added a raid tier a month or so back.

actually would love to play wildstar again but as op says its pretty much ghost town

I tried it a week-end. Too much furies to my taste, and was playing like an exact clone of wow.

carbine you say? shit, i applied to them a week ago

Hey thats what happens when you listen to sjws amd shrink tits. Hope anyof you who make games learn from this. I want my titties and ill pay for em.

furries

The majority of players probably don't use Steam, so under 400 seems a bit too steep.

maybe, the time between the gates was realy fucking tight in that fight but I think the blind bitch with the bells was worse