Low-End PC Gaming Thread

Post Games that run on a low-end PC. My Specs are: i3 and Integrated Intel HD Graphics. Terraria and San Andreas, as well as old-school minecraft has been lot's of fun, as well as a nice backlog of SNES and Dos emulation.

Other urls found in this thread:

t2forums.com/index.php?topic=166.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Salt and Sanctuary, and most PSP games run well on my PoS laptop

OpenRCT2
OpenTTD
One Way Heroics
Falcom games

Mind posting which version of Intel HD you're using? Or is it one of the older models that simply says something along the lines of "Intel HD" or "Intel HD Chipset Family"? "Low-End Gaming" means something different to everybody, since some people consider their higher end specs to be "low-end" because it came out a few years ago. Of course you've already got emulation covered, but I would just make sure you give what said a try and test some PSP games. PPSSPP was created with black magic and will run on a shit ton of machines. There are tons of gems hidden in the pool of indie games, but be wary of performance as, contrary to what most people think, just because a game is 2D or looked like shit doesn't mean it will run well.

What kind of games do you enjoy playing? I've spent my whole life playing on second hand and shit tier hardware, so I know a lot about games with low system requirements and making games with higher requirements run on lower.

MGSV

ooops, my bad. i misremembered, nevertheless, here is a speccy snapshot:

Lurking this thread with a shitty ChinkPad X200.

What else but Elona Plus/Roguelikes in general?

easy

Sengoku Rance and Big Bang Age are great games on the turn-based strategy side of things, with enough replay value to last.
Most shmups can run on low-end machines just fine.
And then of course you have doujin and indie games, which are usually not graphically intensive at all and can be played on anything. Of the bunch, Cactus Arcade 1 and 2 stand out in my mind since they offer a number of fantastic games that are easy to pick up and play at any time (great for laptops).
Mega Man X Street Fighter and Super Mario Bros X come to mind as great platformers.

dude, thanks for helping me out! i already have a psp, and i believe i've already played everything i enjoyed on there: Outrun Coast 2 Coast, Spyro, Parodious, Tekken 5, Pacman, Ridge Racer, Gradious, Metal Slug, Peace Walker, Tekken 3, Crash Bandicoot…

Does the GT 630 not work? Anyway, an i3 with HD 3000 certainly isn't anything worth writing home about, but I've played with worse. Let me think of some games I got running/enjoyed that you should be able to run. If you like fun, cartoonish games you could give anything by Ludosity a try. Ittle Dew and Card City Nights are two of my all time favorite games to chill back with. Speaking of my favorite games, have you played the original Deus Ex? That thing will run like butter on anything, and even with my shitty Intel HD 2000 it ran fine with the New Vision texture pack. If you like RTS games, you can try Age of Empires 1 and 2 (you can give the HD remake a try but turn off things like 3D water), Red Alert 1 and 2 (Mental Omega is one of my favorite mods for 2 and is still being updated), Age of Mythology, C&C Generals (play it with Zero Hour and then move on to mods like Shockwave), Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. The original Thief and Hitman games should run fine if you are into stealth games. For shooters, there are the obvious "classics" such as Doom, Duke Nukem, Blood, Hexen, Unreal, Quake, and the like. System Shock 1 and 2 are must plays if you haven't touched them yet. For horror games, gives waxworks a shot. The original FEAR should run well as long as you keep the graphics settings down, but from my own personal experience the game is very cpu intensive. Both Hotline Miami games should run as well. That's off the top of my head for commerical games, you should be able to find most of the ones I mentioned on GOG (head on over to the share thread and find the magnet link for the May 16th GOG dump in the mega archives). I could list more and get into indie/freeware games but I have to go to some welding for a bit. If this thread is still up in 4-5 hours I can list some more and answer any specific questions anybody has.

you're one awesome user! Thank you very much for your recommendations! (also wtf, i wanted to include a nice midi but it didn't work… -_-)

There are some top-tier horror mods for Half Life 1.

They Hunger Trilogy and Cry of Fear are both amazing.

The problem with the GT 630m is that it isn't a Desktop-Tier Graphics Card, but instead optimized for Laptop use, it is a dirty little trick of the manufacturers, and i never see any significant difference to using it as opposed to not using it…

Tribes 2 runs well on any machine, if it's not running windows 95 on a 200 mhz cpu.

t2forums.com/index.php?topic=166.0

source port of blood when ?

I live with my mom and make $9.00/hr and even if can easily afford a good PC

Why
It runs on toasters

My darkskinned male sibling.

Well I can play all the usuals like Doom, Quake, etc on my shit. Max I've managed so far is Halo SPV3 on highest settings. It varies between 30-60, but it's alright.

Terms of emulation, anything up to 6th gen should be alright. PCSX2 fiddling can get some games up and running well. Ishikkura (or however the fuck it's spelt) for GCN could work as well for toasters, but I have yet to try it.

Surface Pro 2 with Intel HD 4400. It's alright for what it is.

Games that run on shit laptops.

Serious sam
cave story
audiosurf
diablo 1, 2
deus ex
fallout 1,2
lisa the painful
portal
any doom or build engine game
tyrian.
halo 1,2

Just save up money and get a desktop. Seriously what I have now pales in comparison to what I've been using before.

Easily the best option , you can just keep killing and conquering and just keep killing and conquering and just keep killing and conquering and just keep killing and conquering and just keep killing and conquering and just keep killing and conquering and just keep killing and conquering and just keep killing and conquering forever

fucking flags

What the fuck? Why would you do that?

He probably shoved left over parts from an older computer into it. That's what I did. My Optical Drive and Hard Drives are all previous used. I cannibalized two desktops to help finish my new one.

The first two HDD are from the last two computers. Monitors are previously owned. Because of used parts I was able to buy this for like…under 300 iirc.

shut up I have linux on dual boot

Get a nice SSD, user. It'll change your life. It's incredible when you never get to read more than the first two words (sometimes not even that) of load screen tips.

never ever
only remakes
like BloodCM

I'm used to the resolution. Also I don't have a proper monitor, I use a tv. Also this

Didn't know about this, let me gues it never gets updated right ?

It's on my list. I need 16GB of RAM too. There's some other things I'd like to get for quality of life. Like a Microphone boom and shock mount, all of which is relatively cheap.

get on my fucking level

World of Goo

Boy if I didn't take the RAM out of my Pentium II tower…

Rainbow Six 3

Wew.