Endless Legend

New expansion DLC with a big free navy patch!

I got the game as gift on 2014's Christmas, but I still haven't played it.

Other urls found in this thread:

games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/5-general/thread/20265-el-gdd-22-morgawr-faction
steamcommunity.com/app/289130/discussions/0/540739861151323160/?tscn=1426604724#c610575007221780234
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's shit

Early access
I love the game, haven't played recently, though. Might check out the new expansion.

That being said…
Early access
just isn't for me

Endless Legend is not early access, you dumbass.

if its endless legend means theyre always updating it, ergo its always in development, ergo its not finished, ergo its early access. retards.

So making patches is now evil too?

Things have gone too far.

Your taste maybe

What?

Oh wait you're just a retard that thinks patches are bad for games.

Have any of you played the new Faction yet? Whats their whole niche besides being in the water? Or is that all they do? Are they aggresive, or possibly they want to expand?

All I want to know is did FlyByNo compose new songs for this?

The description makes them sound actually being fairly aggressive.

That's a compatibility patch, you only get navies if you buy the tempest expansion. Only 1 person needs it for you to play with it in multiplayer, like all EL expansions. They've apparently reworked the AI, hopefully it's willing to fork over resources rather than die when you're laying siege to their last city again.

Endless Legend != Endless Space 2

4 new track apparently.

Their niche is mind control and curses. They can make villages (except cult converted) go hostile again, take over control of roaming armies and declare "black spot" on a player, kind of like a market ban. Black spot enables anyone to attack that player regardless of diplomatic status and rewards dust for doing so.
Plus two of their unique units are aquatic and one tech era before you can research that class of unit as the other factions.

Shit, I was going to pass up on this expansion because I never really liked naval combat in 4x, but that looks pretty badass.

eeeeeeee

games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/5-general/thread/20265-el-gdd-22-morgawr-faction

The rest of the stuff about navies and sea fortresses is like the top 4 topics in the forum.

That'd be very funny to be honest.

Bought this shit on release and thought "i'll never get into this" left it in my backlog for ages.
Picked it up last week and fuck if it isnt fucking great. better than CIVshit still I wish it had scenarios and the city automation didnt fucking try to build stockpiles endlessly

It's the whole expansion. Everyone gets it for compatibility in multiplayer with people who have it, but it's only enabled for those who bought it.

It should come out tomorrow, but it seems I'm already able to play it. I did a speed run to victory just now. Ocean fortresses are overpowered. Either that or I had lots of luck with me. New faction seems promising. I'll do another quick run, this time try to get a shared victory in single player just for shit and giggles.

I was in a similar boat.
Bought the game thinking it was just going to be as bad as Civ5.
Hours later I was still playing the damned thing. I'm afraid of launching it because I might just become addicted for a week and play every hour I can.

That thing that really got me not being very into even trying it out is the fact of how little factions there actually are in-game.

I'd personally rather have twelve factions that are very different from each other right down to gameplay than seventy that have just one minor difference between each other to be quite honest.

Goy, is Greatest Ally not enough for you? Are you some kind of anti-semite?

Are they 12 now? But that is another thing to it. Half of them are fucking DLCs, though I have all except the last two.

Strictly speaking game launched with eight and three new factions so far in the form of the edgelord dindus Forgotten, the sexy moth people Allayi and now the crazy voodoo people Morgawr.

I'd rather call them expansions. Three major expansions with their own factions, two small dlcs, one in between and a Emperor edition reskin+minor faction.

wew
Now that I type it out, it's a lot of gated off content. But to be fair, it was released over two+ years, expanded the game greatly and is often on sale.

They literally have nowhere else to go now. The game is finished pretty much.

I don't think they did bad with the DLCs, Two months after release they are already -75%. It is very cheap to get them, but the point is that the base game has even less factions. They do play very differently, especially when compared to Civ, but it just does look bad.

They've stated this is the last expansion after they split Shadows & Shifters. They're supposedly introducing some lore with the new faction about the Endless and the Space side of the franchise, since it's the last one and ES2 is in beta now.

Well if this is really the last one it would be a good reason to get into the game, but maybe during next sale so I can pick up this DLC for 75% off too.

Me again, AI is fixed. Took one guy's city and he's worried about my military strength, sweet sweet Hyperium. Imma build me a wonder victory now, in fuck all turns abusing slavery and my 15 converted villages.

From what little I read, as I'm focusing on Endless Space 2 (or was until today) this is supposed to be in the main quest line for the new faction. But it didn't trigger for me in my play through for whatever reason.

git gud

Who are your favorite factions to play? I love playing the Broken lords, and the Forgotten.
I made a broken as shit dust custom faction for the broken lords too

I like the aesthetics of the cultist buildings.

Lizzerd masterrace

They trigger most all of my faction fetishes. As long as you ignore the goddamn femynist shit

Roving Clans, of course. Coming into ownership of territories through completely legal and wholly moral process is the best.

If it helps they're clearly based on the celts, who were led by Boudicca at one point and succeeded in fucking up the Romans.
At least the heroes are ranged.
lol

Cult always, that questline, the marching of the boots to one singular purpose. Gives me the same feel as nuking planets in Sins.

It doesn't. You're liable to cause a severe brain aneurysm if you repeat that sentence in front of a proper historian
Thanks for the attempt anyway.

Jesus, what the fuck was that documentary that I watched?

Go on, out with the correction?

Did I miss something? All I saw was the fact that the Vaulters are led by a woman.

One thing that bugged me (heh) about the Necrophage questline is how it just… fizzles out. Thereis this whole build-up with He-Who-Meddles and the Ardent Mage turned Necrophage and it just reaches a conclusion of "yeah we are fucked". Such a shame.

necrophage, cause I'm an edgy fucker

Necrophage questline is probably the worst out of the one's I've played. Intro video was good though.

Well, for one she at best led the regional Celts. And by regional I don't even mean the English Brittania's Celts but (most of) Iceni and (parts of) several other confederate tribes. Only Trinobantes came in any significant force and that was related to their previous feud (and decimation) with the Romans.

After her husband died she refused to properly integrate/submit (and honor the deal they made with the Romans, think Herod and Israel) and took a chance to backstab the Romans while they were occupied in Wales.

They had some initial success and managed to route/ambush parts (or the entire legion depending on the source) and perform a few raids on the local settlements before the Roman Governor regrouped and pushed their shit it.

The entire "revolt" lasted between six to eighteen months (depending on the source) and concluded as a decisive Roman victory and the remaining rebels put to the sword/enslaved.

The whole deal with her fame came centuries later when some cunt had a brilliant idea to popularize Queen Victoria as her namesake and spiritual successor.

I should just quit being so glib on the internet. The documentary covered all of that but was more positive over her putting to the torch a few towns.

Jesus, I've never felt so retarded while playing a game. I feel like I'm not even playing half the game at times.

She did torch Camulodunum, Londinium and Verulamium and with the soldiers killed tallied maybe 100,000 lives. (many of which were Briton subjects as most Romans proper managed to run)

For comparison in the end alone she lost ~200,000 (some say even twice that since they had women and such with their army) when faced with some 10,000 proper soldiers Suetonius had. Now add what they lost in the previous war or the trademarked Roman retribution.

It's also important to know the background situation and just how unstable/recently conquered the region was. Boudica was AD60/61 and is at best one of the many wars Romans waged in the region over the next ~50-60 years. For reference Hadrian's Wall was built c.122 AD but they already stalled by then.

I'll have you know that talking out of one's ass is a longstanding and cherished tradition around these parts. Bottom line? Don't listen and believe. :^)

The expansion feels like QA has slightly slacked off so far, noticed a typo or two, a pathfinding calculation error w/ flying troops and Morgawr instant embark/disembark, and the quest army that spawns in the second step of their fourth faction quest is fully kitted in Age 3~4 gear and charges straight for your capital. You can get to this stage in early Age 2.

Wouldn't Zolya be the complete opposite of a feminist? Leading from the front, actually making sensible choices and progress toward those while listening to advice from robodoc.

I don't see endless complaining on twitter there.

Tell me, what's more "insidious": GO HOME GAMER GURL and similar hamfisted shit or a more subtle, revisionist approach?

Take shieldmaidens, Romans and Samurai buttfucking each other as howdy-do, muh african "kingdoms", muh white devil slavers, muh witch hunts or god forbid muh six gorillion and how ingrained those memes already are.

ayy

It's the type of bombastic laziness that turns Thor into the PMS avenger rather then modernize Red Sonja. The Bioware schtik basically, easier to stir up controversy and deflect criticism as muh hate then make some real effort.

I haven't played Endless Legend in a while. Last time I did it kept crashing for me and doing it more and more the further in turns I got. Should try it again to see if it's fixed now, still haven't finished a game.

On a side note, how's ES2 looking?

This has been the second QoL patch that features bugfixes. You should give it a spin now user, and if you still experience crashes ask the devs for help on Games2Gether; they are very receptive to talk.

ES2 is currently a glorified tech demo in early access, which isn't a problem as it is explained as such in the steam page. By Amplitude's track record it should be finished in about six months.

The only real thing that bothers me about the game is the heroes/units don't sport the custom armor/weapons I've equipped them.

Mostly because I never got the badass vaulter marine crossbow guns seen in the artwork.

It is an extremely minor gripe for a gud game.

That pisses me off too, there's models for some of the unique weapons for heroes but nothing for any of the armor pieces for any type of unit.

Wew

The next city is even better. It even has an Eyeless Ones minor faction.

Well they're literally underwater abominations who can't make their own stable society so they have to manipulate other species to get actually get anything done.

So yeah it actually does sound like a society run by a woman :^).

Got the anomalies turned up or just RNGesus?

RNGsus. This game is being run on normal worldbuilding. Also I get those sweet Vaulters bonuses

Our local Happy Merchants are not so happy with us. I should greet him with axes and crossbows bolts.

Be careful about aggravating the happy merchants user. They have cavalry to smack your archers.

Also, is there a free download for the pirates among us. I actually plan on >buying the game during another sale when i actually have the cashola

Those lands are clearly part of Greater Israel, goy. Remember to let the Refugees in.

Only for the base game and every expansion except Tempest, my main site doesn't have it as of yet. Doesn't have Endless Space 2 either, unfortunately. Someone help a nerd out, thirty bucks is a lil' steep of an investment for Eastern Europe so I want to know if it's going to be worth it for MP

The fucking Happy Merchants have already co-opted the local powers to fight in their name.
On the plus side our second wonderful city is already at five population thanks to the glorious Eyeless Ones pacified nearby. It would have been six population if the Clans hadn't destroyed one of their fucking villages.

This is actually true for most Amplitude games and it rustles me greatly.

Endless Legend bundle is on sale for ~15$ on steam atm.

Also if I may make a case against auto battle:
Pic 1 is me manually controlling my army.
Pic 2 is if I autosolve.
If you autosolve a battle and it ends up badly against you I reccomend you reload the autosave and do-over.

Oh shit.

Does this expansion fix the end-game? It's so slow and boring, you just hit end turn for sixty minutes while you win.

No guts no glory.

Can't really say, this is only my first game.
Are you going for a scientific victory like a pussy user?

They're bat people, bro. Not moths.

Well this is an interesting turn of events. Somehow the Roving Jews took the fucking Necrophages' city…
…Wait…
…Did the AI seriously settle outside of the fucking dragon tree combo??

Scientific, Diplomatic, or Economic end the same way. Fastest way to beat the game is to use privateers to knock opponents out without actually going to war.

Dust is the most powerful resource, especially late game.

Huh, I never used privateers. Lategame usually involves harrassing foes to stall them out while I build one of my victory conditions… unless I am working for domination or expansion victory in which case I take a very active approach towards world domination.

Well… the Roving Jews are dead, which is good.
The problem is the Necrophages steamrolled through them and now I have a much bigger problem. Going to try to solve this tomorrow.

Even fucking Beyond Earth got that right.

Also, the Mastermind is tied for the Bishop for worst starting unit. And, to make matters worse, you're not going to get any other units; at least the Cult can employ their fantastic archers early game. AND their heroes are tanky.

auto resolve has always been for doomstacks so you don't have to waste time on manual combat for guaranteed victories.

If it's not a curbstomp in your favor, don't auto resolve.

Catspaw bro, mind control the roaming armies, doesn't even need a technology to unlock.

Costs influence, you can't use them against other roaming armies, and they have MASSIVE upkeep. It's brutal early game; they play worse than early game cult and don't have the powerful unique units to back up their army.

You're basically hostage to the game giving you good local allies to assimilate.

I don't exactly dislike that, it makes the faction feel the way it should. But they might be a bit vulnerable to being squished underfoot by close neighbours.

Catspaw is neat, but the fact that you're down two units compared to every other faction is brutal. This isn't Civ- unique units fulfill roles, not replace.

Except the ship units. So every other faction has just as many ship types as you, but also has two more land unit variants. I think they should have just had ship units that were amphibious.

Dust Bishop arent starting units

He's thinking of Preachers. Dust Bishops are the best unit of their faction.

Would be strange since you'd need to give them a land and a sea kit, or make one of the forms static. Ships with a static land form that are too slow for anything but city defense sound like the best way to spin it. For Catspaw, it's a great idea, and useful for water expansion since Catspaw'd neutral ships can attack other Fomorians or minors. You can probably get rid of minors too by sending them onto a boat and then mopping them up with a boarding ship or two, but that's a workaround at best.

WEW I'm an idiot
I sincerely thought that it was endless legend's DLC that was early access. I must have seen the news about ES2 and made the incorrect connection trough means of brain fart. That was enough for me to go "fuck this gay earth" mode and ignore anything endless since then.

In this case, time to get back into the game again.
Will still ignore Endless Space though

I love you all. Also bat people a best.

They got a king who realizes that being tree hugging hippies will get them killed and now just want to build a wall tower.

This. Once you're dust farming it's basically game over for everyone else. EVERYONE That said the lizard guy was always doing better in score but I knew my military would fuck him up so I kinda just left the game like that. the ai from alpha centauri beats this

Fucking faggot

Those devs are a bunch of hacks I swear.

No shit? I think my next game will be Wild Walkers. They just looked so generic and boring compared to the rest I couldn't finish their game I started and just moved on.

(checked)
Broken Lords are absolutely fucking broken late game because you can focus entirely on dust production and see it skyrocket. When that happens you can just buyout anything and ignore both production and food.

It is the same as Harmony in ES1: at first being unable to use dust is a major fucking hampering… until you realize no dust means you have zero upkeep. At that point you start to churn out ship after ship after ship and swarm the rest of the map for the win.

gay

(((Windows)))

To be quite honest if you are playing a Memelords build you're playing to win.
Cultists are pretty fun too, they enable my need for Minor Faction questing.

They said they canceled the Linux port because (at the time) it would cut their workforce too much to please far too few customers. Maybe now that Sega acquired them they may put out a Linux version.
steamcommunity.com/app/289130/discussions/0/540739861151323160/?tscn=1426604724#c610575007221780234

And then you win.

I never laughed harder at a game in my entire life

Incoming muzak

I think Anthony Fantano should review this music.

BAN THE GOYS FROM THE MARKETPLACE

Gold.

Oy fucking vey Schlomo.

I never heard of the guy until I saw his youtube channel just now. Is he cool?

k

I just bought most of the DLC since it was on sale and tried to get back into this. Been having fun with the Broken lords, especially now that my dust production has started to get going and i've researched cheap labour for the buyout reduction. It's turn 75 and i've only just founded my third city while only encountering the nearby Necrophages and barely being able to see the border of one other faction.
Am I moving slowly? I feel like i've been pretty slow but i've not had any real problems with other factions yet.

Thanks for never letting me break even now you bastards.

You want to expand with the empire plan, that is, get as much as you can before increasing the cost with a new city. Prep next settler for turn 81.

It's like poetry innit

I fucking love the theme of the Cult. I mean, just think about it for a bit. Somewhere, deep in a jungle, far away from the lands of the civilized, past the lands of hostile barbarians who rape, murder and pillage anything that comes near, is an *enormous* megalopolis teeming with robots trying in vain to recreate the gods that abandoned them. It's enough to give me chills. I love it.

The lore for this is incredible if you stop to read the questlines and other supplemental info.

Still haven't properly figured out how to play them.
Feels like their success relies on gimmick abilities and stats that I always forget to use properly.

I like that the Wild Walkers are there, but I never bother pick them. They kinda add to the atmosphere by being a missing link between minor and major faction lorewise.

Amplitude goes all out on backstory for the endless games
It's pretty comf

They don't even have ears, they have head tentacles like the twi'leks from star wars. They're also just kinda boring and baseline so I don't know why they'd be anyone's favorite faction.

I didn't realize the empire plan gets more expensive as you gain cities, that actually lays out a timeline for expansion pretty nicely.

Vaulters > Bat people > Roving Jews > Broken lords > Dragon fags > BDSM wizards > Niggerbugs > Knife ears

I wonder how the new fish people faction will deal with longer winters.
Can they still move fast trough frozen rivers?

Somebody put this Disobedient and his people on the front lines.

THE GOYIM HAVE GONE TOO FAR

You'll enjoy playing slug tits in Endless Space 2. I was doing 50k dust trade per turn. And game has implemented only first 3 eras of tech atm.

They have the molding to be played as a tall empire. They get a shitton of Pearls of Auriga which unlock VERY strong technology to be spread amongst their cities. Shit there is one tech that gives plus ten industry per exploited river tile. That shit is fucking ridiculous. You need to ideally build an altar of auriga as soon as possible then start unlocking the best tech for you. In the meantime you will most certainly need happiness tech.

Allayi make a shitton of pearls, but every of their districts also costs pearls in exchange for being far better than normal districts (notably in influence and approval. If you build a few districts you're swimming in influence), so it's a lot about pearl management since Skyfins are also ridiculous. 20 pearls get you a movable speed 8 flying extractor whose yield scales with unit level, gives approval to the city, doesn't need any extractor tech and they're also excellent at gathering pearls. The key to keeping down pearl costs is to use an Allayi governor, they can get -40% on pearl costs so you don't really want to click anything that costs pearls without one in the city.

Holy fuck you just reminded me. Rush through the faction until you earn your Skyfin. It can basically scout the entire fucking map on its own,

This, also roving armies won't attack it. Other empires might, but for the most part you can use it to scout everywhere.

Except they're not trying to recreate anything, they're trying to destroy all traces of them. Play it again and this time pay attention.

Just started up a new game as Drakken a few hours ago I have no clue what I am doing anymore and I am going to learn it on my own. Already missed out on many turns of glasteel and titanium because Im retarded.

They are almost like the Imperium of Man in that they want to genocide EVERYTHING that was touched by the Endless. And seeing as Auriga was built as the fucking breeding ground for new creations of the Endless well…

Depending on your early game it might simply not be worth it to get the strategic resources until later. Getting tier 1 glassteel and titanium weapons and armor is a waste for example.

Yeah I remember never getting those, besides my first new city had eyeless ones so my units have gotten really really strong by turn 100.

Nigga assimilate them ASAP their fucking +5 happiness per rebuilt city is fucking broken shit.

Yup also got 2 of their units from the quest so I basically decided to eliminate anything that I didn't care to assimilate.

The Catacor is also one of the best support units in the game. Healing Halo alone makes them fantastic.

I don't think I understand what the AI is doing.

The best of master mercantilism.

Don't really have anything to add. Fave factions are based on Allayi and Necrophage. It seems I always win an economic victory.

The Broken lords are aptly named. Two of my territories are filled with sister of Mercy villages but I haven't wanted to assimilate them just because I feel like i'm not going to use the regen bonus at all.

>As the Allayi
Multiplayer is a magical place.

Just got a shared victory in single player. It doesn't feel satisfying (unless you're specifically going for a diplomatic game). Also didn't get the achievement, so I guess it's a multiplayer thing.

You can disable shared victory. I think it is supposed to be only for online play for two friends to play co-op.

How much wine did you use per turn to keep your cities from rioting?

Hokay here we go. The plan is to hold the line in the top right corner while I deal a blow against the necrophages on the lower left.

Have they done anything to make diplomacy sane yet? Last time I tried it I gave up after aggression was so fucked that even the sophons on the fucking other side of the galaxy would consistently declare war on me 30 turns in

Sophons in ES2 left a sour taste in my mouth. I've had them declare war on me more than slugs or vodyani.

They're for science… until they can't expand anymore. Then, good luck. Or might be just me.

Level 2 districts say he wouldn't need it.

It's broken as hell still, easily 6 months until launch. Dope soundtrack and aesthetic already though.

Man, these naval forts are ridiculous.
If you have the swimmy faction in your game, make sure to contest those forts.
They give insane bonuses but they have 0 defence on their own, so if they aren't spending lots on a navy, take that shit.

What do these forts do exactly the patch notes doesn't say anything also how is the expansion in general is the new faction good

Extra strategic and lux resources and some other shit. Got a pop up saying one of them revealed a 50% flat boost to strategics on empire. I wonder if it actually works with the Cult now that they nerf raped them by removing their one major advantage, cheap boosters.

Each citadel has 4 wings and each wing produces something, be it resources or luxuries or some kind of passive bonus. This is totally automatic, you just need to own the citadel. Most of them are turned off at first but they activate on their own as the game progresses. If you control all of them in one ocean, the ocean becomes your territory, and they give you a pretty good vision radius.

Played my first game with the fish, went hard on ocean control and ended up completely skipping extractor tech since I was getting so much free shit from citadels I didn't need it. I think the first thing I actually mined was some Titan Bones in Era III. It helped that I spawned next to the jews who could do precisely fuck-all about me boxing them in. Once I started building Leviathans nobody could contest me on the water, things just trash everything that steps off the land.

Each fortress has 2 to 4 modules and by itself produces a trickle of science, dust and influence depending on fortress type. Typically the modules are strategic or luxury extractors, extracting at a rate of 1/turn or 1.5/turn if you own all fortresses in the given region. This tends to be not quite enough on its own for luxes but tends to mine enough strategics to satisfy an empire. There's also unique once-per-map modules that give powerful bonuses like siphoning dust/influence from all other players, increasing vision range of all your sea fortresses or producing resource stockpiles over time. Fortresses have quests similar to villages but just attacking them tends to be more rewarding, also because you need navy to defend your new acquisition.
The whole naval game is surprisingly fun even though I've never seen the AI build anything but fire ships and a few boarding vessels, it's another avenue for empires to expand especially for those empires like Clans or Allayi that may have trouble doing so and is deep enough to make water maps fun.

It is like they have a deathwish or something.

Seems to me they just wanted to spread democracy, you shitlord.

From my (brief and buggy) multiplayer experiences, Fortresses are an enormous equalizer for low score players.
They provide sea tech, require investment to defend, and give bonuses/resources regardless of the owner's tech era; meaning that even if you're behind, you can gain a foothold in the ocean. I was playing Vaulters against fishfags who owned half the ocean Catspaw+Stealth and submersible (something they get a tech early with full customization) reinforcements not being revealed even when attacking 0 garrison Fortresses is fucking awesome and I had a full era lead on them; but they were still able to fully outfit and build wonders before I'd even finished building extractors.
That said, the fish have a very weak land game and terrible early game, heavily relying on good worldgen/spawns assimilation units to defend their cities; he only had Urces/Rumblers ready when I rolled across the ocean to slap his shit, and that just wasn't enough.

Catspaw does not work with Pitiless for custom factions, as a side note.

Currently playing a game as diplo-lizards, any general suggestions? No declared wars yet but my vaulter neighbors have blobbed like mad and already wiped out two other factions

Gather influence. You can force truce on factions that you don't want to fight, deal with the lesser races one by one.

You will need to match the Vaulters yourself. You are drakken so you can at least force peace against them. Start blobbing/getting into alliances with other smaller empires before the vaulters take them. Do not convince smaller factions to fight the vaulters unless you are about to take on them yourself or the vaulters will just get bigger and bigger.

And last, but not least, water monsters.

Cultists will probably always have the best city look.

That's likely because they were designed with a single sprawled out city in mind.

This. Many of the other factions look just as great when they are in scale of handful of tiles like they usually end up being.

Their district buildings seem to align themselves to form rings whereas all the others just tile randomly.

(checked)
(checked)
The Level 3 districts probably go a long way in making that work, the added aesthetic layer makes the city look a lot more like an expansive citadel. At least if you don't make 2x2 snakes across the region for muh efficiency.

Alright, let's put a spin in this one:
Which is your favorite minor faction?
Mine is the Haunts because spooky holograms casting chain lightning are pretty balling and they have a bonus to research as a side benefit

i like orcs

The Sisters of Mercy are qts

Kazanji are basically made to slaughter ranged units or utterly ruin armies at choke points.
The +Influence is just icing on the cake.

Silics because I hate Necrophages and roaming armies of Silics exist to make necrophages cry and to give the rest of us a frontline against the fucking bugs. Lacking them Sisters of Mercy because they are also disease-proof.

They are HURNAS you git.

Just finished my first game with the swamp octopi on impossible and they start out really slow, but if you tunnel vision on conquering ocean regions you will be ahead in every regard in no time.
Their units effectively allow you to lock down the oceans mid game as well, easily out powering all the other navel units in force.

I think if you’re playing against these guys whatever you do, do not afford them oceanic control, if you do they snowball into something unstoppable.

The harpy people, can't remember their name off the top of my head, are my favorite. Their unit is fantastic, a super tanky fast flier with an AoE attack – if you've got good ranged to back it up then you're golden, and their benefit is incredible and super synergistic with how they fight. High initiative, fly out and lock down key enemy units with tanky fliers before they can act, then rain hellfire down from afar with powerful ranged units. It's great.

Eyeless ones, but not due to thier happieness boost, but thier crazy healing power in battles, they can really change the tide in your favore

I like most of them but usually try to choose based on what I can imagine fitting in with the society i'm playing. I'm playing Broken lords now so I usually try to go with Kazanji or Silics since both are also dust beings and I can imagine them fitting in well with the broken lords. My favourite ones overall though are probably the hydra snakes, spiders and Kazanji.

And them, forgot about the bird people. I think they were called the Nidya.

Obviously it's Fomorians, I mean they let you take their shit because you drink with them and stand in lightning for them. Also the fire pun quest.

i came to Holla Forums hoping to get more brain damage today thank you

I love many of the systems and ideas in EL but holy shit the map gives me brain cancer. I can not for the life of me distinguish anything on it.

Which is why I prefer Space's clarity of design.

Also that combat system is retarded.

Dorgeshi have a great economic bonus and are useful units in their own right, being reasonably cheap & fast with an inbuilt chance to stun and Charge-boosted Cavalry/Infantry Slayer 4 weapons.

Drakken. Cultists seem interesting in playstyle, but I don't like their lore. MUH LORE

Jotus and Eyeless. They fill gaps in my lineup for ranged damage. I have yet to try out any of the cavarly, but I've never felt the sting of missing them, or been compelled to burn a slot on one of the infantry.

Melee with support hero is a slog, drakkenlings are tough but weak, wyverns are melee glass cannon. Ancients are good if I manage to not low-roll every goddamn time for half damage.

Played Drakken and tried to go for diplomatic victory, I was at like 75% when I won an economic victory instead. Diplomatic victory just seems so impossible.

Played as cultists afterwards. Won a supremacy victory after like 100 turns. Way too easy. Then again getting like 20% off buildings from Urcen or whatever was pretty neat. Only problem I had is that some turns I couldn't build anything in my city because there was nothing left to build even though I got +Research techs first to alleviate the problem.

According to what I've heard it's actually pretty easy to cheese a diplomatic victory due to how the Drakken can force peace.
You should be able to declare war and force peace or something similar in a cycle until you win.
Don't know if they've patched that out though.

Tried something like that and my score didn't go up.

Stockpiles are your friend.

Only in the third era, unless you want to throw away pearls.

When I have a situation like that, I just build a unit to add to a garrison somewhere, but I turtle with the Drakken hard and force truces when things look tough.

I have to play around with the pearl stockpiles more, they sound pretty useful if you're trying to play an early game.

Let me know how it goes, I'm too niggardly with pearls for Abbey of Anomalies and Winter Borough, plus I play on marathon (or whatever the ultra-slow speed is) so monkeying with stuff represents a big time investment.

Now that the dust has settled, I think we can all agree that
Tempest > Shifters > Guardians > Shadows
and
Echoes of Auriga > The Lost Tales

Tempest, Shifters and Guardians are a must have.

Kek, no idea if you where trying to make a joke or not, but the retard at the end sorta makes me think not.

So can anyone tell me if the ships of each faction have a different look to them? I remember it being a whole thing when people were designing the Cultists. This would be a sure buy for me if they do. Also how is the Shifters expansion?

every race has a unique look for the transport ships but the new ships added with Tempest all look the same and are based on the new "fomorian" faction, which are basically just ship dudes, you still need to research those ships tho.

Damn, I have to say that's more than a little disappointing. I get they want to make it clear Fomorians are masters of the sea, but given that the you can research ships without meeting them I feel like each faction should still have their own design.

agreed but it probably comes down to lazyness.

Why make a ship for each faction (especaily since you added new ones as DLC) if you can just make one ship faction.

Guardians > Shifters for me.

I agree, but unique ship designs for every faction is ~40 extra models when an expansion usually introduces 15-20 or so, so I can understand this lazy solution.

You can't compare the two because one is extra lore and quests and the other is extra soundtrack goodness. I got both because they were cheap shit and it hits me right on the things I like the most about these games.

FLYBYNO IS AMAZING
Listen to this fucking masterpiece.

Music is objectively perfect and some quests can get bugged from time to time.

Why is it complaining?

I don't want to spend 5 minutes each turn looking around the entire map for signs of pearls and have 3-4 armies specifically looking for them. Pearls in general are just an annoying mechanic. There's nothing about the pearl-related content that wouldn't be better without them.

Advanced settings
Land percentage
What is it at?

Don't remember which was which, but the land-ocean ratio was 60:40.

It didn't complain about pangea, but pretty much everything else.

No wonder.

Seems gay.

That is actually hilarious. Anyone know if there are other factions that can get a warning like this? Also, is it just a warning or is the game actively stopping you from playing?

I'm trying to process how you could possibly be like this, but I find it hard. Did you even look at ANYTHING regarding them?

Few continents is probably not giving enough ocean for morgawr to spawn reliably.

At that point is it even possible to go under Fervent?

Playing it atm, when that new song came on it put a stupid huge grin on my face.

Some dude on their forums compiled what seems to be most planet biomes into images.

I get that Amplitude is increasing unhappiness per tier but come on.

It's pretty damned hot in the tropics, imagine the tropics of a tropical planet.

That's not what the description says at all though. The description leads you to believe that its purely tropical environment all around the planet. The tropical environments that we know and can relate to. And that that is the sole biosphere of the planet, akin to a hexagon in Endless Legend. Don't use such terrible defense.

Jungles on earth are pretty damn unforgiving.
A whole planet full of small islands could force people to live in small remote communities, creating a sense isolation.

You make orbital stations and moon bases.

If it's on a moon, then it's the climate of the moon that matters, not the gas giant. If it's an orbital station, the environment is completely controlled. The gas giant itself is literally not a factor here.

Yes it is, think Cloud City from Star Wars.

First of all, star wars is not at all realistic and they just went with shit that looked cool. Second, if anything that planet would be something similar to a cold venus in that it's just a rocky planet with a thick atmosphere, not a fucking gas giant.

This is what works. Realism is for retards who should go kill themselves.

Exactly :^)

O yeah i heard they managed to turn Endless Space 2 into shit

Why?

Same reason why all boats look the same. And why there are no research specifically for boats other than unlocking them and why there's no tier 1/2/3 boat equipment.

It's included in regular tier equipment. You're researching materials for equipment, not specialized unit equipment.

wtf I hate amplitude now

Thanks for adding to my point I guess?

Anyone else getting weird pathfinding errors? Think it might be the Allayi hero ability to go through forests.

Should I get Endless Space if I'm most likely going to get Endless Space 2 anyway?

Fuck you game.

From where, your ass? The game is far from finished, it's going to be at least half a year. Calm your tits, Endless Legend sucked in early beta too.

It's a bit dated now, get it on sale.

Expand to the middle ASAP. Brama first and if by some miracle you still can Samunttia or Cuairon. If not you will probaby be able to get Omgar before the Necrophages inevitably go to war on you.

I dunno how you guys keep up with it for so long.
I quite the moment I discovered that my opponent had mounted archers as an endgame unit while I had to crawl to him every fight as a broken lord.

Is it worth playing if I'm realistically not going to touch it until after Endless Space 2 is out?

The best defense is a good offense. I went to war with them before they were ready to take me out. Took their city in Samunttia. Now neither of us has armies, but I have 3 cities and got the 130 gold from the legendary thing so I'm swimming in cash. No idea who purple is.

Oooh, I like your style. Wipe the bugs out before they can settle in Brama.

Vaulters got it. Which means its time to get out my army again. I got the influence to get a truce afterwards. Lets me build other stuff since the Necrophages have been passive since I kicked their ass back home. That or they're warring the Morgawr since they have weak land military.

How did I even end up with 4 territories.

Don't fucking settle for truce nigga get all of her shit. ALL OF IT.

I also cant imagine playing this game more than once with every faction for some reason
its so colorful that its bland because fucking EVERYTHING is some wierd shit

Was just showing off dude.

I want to touch the Mezari girl's butt

YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENED

I beat him with half my army left. Now Im taking a break.

(checked)
God I loathe disease so much. Have you taken over the continent yet?

Who's your least favorite neighbour, maybe aside from Necrophages? For me it's the Forgotten. Every time, without fail, they're putting their godforsaken spies in my city and killing the population and rolling around my land pillaging my shit, they're too annoying to take down with their large investment in units and by the time you're done with them, because you can't let the cockroaches alive or they'll keep killing your people while acting like they did nothing wrong, the Vaulter at the other end of the map has swallowed someone else and is a full tech era ahead.

How the fuck do I determine when I am supposed to expand and how much with the Allayi?

Deffinatly the Endless, constantly taking your minor factions from you early game can really be a setback.

I usually go for 3 cities then I bunker the fuck up and finish my quest.

Forgoten*

Cultists, I hate losing minor factions left and right. You're minding your own business and then the villages all turn, just fuck my shit up fam.

Apply the general golden rule of EL expansion: don't do it if you'll drop below Happy empire approval, unless you can rebound fast. Securing luxuries is fairly important because you have Skyfins as superior extractors & Luxury Alchemists as an excellent tech, especially Wine is too good. Consider building up some LV2 districts as well in a populous city, they give extreme approval boosts for their city. Don't build more cities than you can build districts for. Consider hiring Roving Clans governors, at LV4 they can get a skill that nullifies expansion disapproval generated by their city.

I hate having Drakken as neighbors because they're hypocritical fucks.
Now I just take them down whenever I see them next door.

How am I supposed to afford Skyfins when I have districts to build as well?

Dedicate one to collecting pearls the entire game, should give you enough.

Pearls aren't the issue. The bigger issue is their production cost.

Allayi are the hardest faction to play as.

Seconded. Cultists are actually a noob trap because they get you thinking it is free to expand on your own terms until they get a massive army super early because of conversions and they are now marching towards your doorstep.

Is it just me or is the pathfinding more fucked than before now? I had a unit do pic related.

It's not just you. I'm waiting for a patch.

Was that in battle or in the overworld?

what

overworld

When going for a tall empire, how many cities should I limit myself to? Three? Five? Assume eight empires and the largest map sizes.

Had also stuff like this happen as well. Had to instruct the unit step by step how to get past the village by using the free tile between the unit and hero.

I do three for vaulter science victory. But it's not civ, cities can become self sufficient in approval with proper borough placement. That's 3 to start will take/build more for resources, mstly that sweet sweet Hyperium booster.

Lots of things seem fucked, the Allayi hero's ability to ignore terrain movement cost just seems to not work anymore.

Literally every 4x AI in a game with navy will eventually do this, but I'll never not find it amusing.

Nah it's fucked, someone post on their forum

Try the boats actually being on land. I've had that happen once. They got confused and had to double back into the water on the following turn.

The second stage of the Morgawr faction quest can bug out if you conquer both fortresses you are supposed to take before building two vores, it just doesn't register you already holding both of them. Also had the troops you get in an early stage of the Ardent Mage quest spawn in a boat without any chance to move them off since I didn't have Shipyard, no idea if that is a longstanding bug or newly introduced. It makes me feel a bit like the expansion was rushed through Q&A. Drakken and Clans also no longer seem to research the Peace tech anymore or seek peace anymore, which is a bit sad.

I just got a faction quest for Morgawr to take a sea region that doesn't exist.

I don't even know what to do, i'm just slowly marching through the snow towards the cultist capital right now to hopefully eliminate them before they end the game.

Make an alliance with both parties, give them everything and get a shared victory :^)

Can you still bribe one guy to go to war with another guy? Open borders so they can pass through your lands.

(Checked)
(and checked)
It's not that i'm in danger of having my armies defeated, it's just that it's a massive trek everywhere. I've defeated the cultists and taken the Vaulters main city so now i'm just doing my quest. I'm on the next stage now which just requires me to march across the entire fucking map again. Winter started just as I began the journey too.

It's bad enough that he's the batfuckers and has been running around scooping up pearls like a madman, but this sonnuvabitch has no excuse to fucking reset over wasting his gold when he shouldn't have tried sending a settler out in winter over long distances, and was smug as hell about knowing when winter was coming the whole game and at the same time penning my empire into a small-ish peninsula.

4X games are a helluva drug.

Have you stuck the Improved Movement accessory on every-fuck-thing you field? It helps tremendously, if you haven't.

Is the Broken Lords cavalry slow as fuck on the battle map, or something? Hire your own archers or cavalry, or get some supports with… quarterstaffs, I think. They yield the Slow Down debuff, halves the targeted enemy's movement for two turns. Might still be a pain in the ass, but it's doable, and if you want it easy, you can always just play with yourself instead. Win every time, that way.

No I haven't but i'll try it and see if it helps. Do you need every unit to have it for it to take effect on the world map?

How do you actually play this in multiplayer? It always takes me a long time and multiple sessions to actually play a match to the end in singleplayer. Does it just tend to work quicker in multiplayer or something? What's your average match time?

Buy redsang and get the army winter immunity on your hero. Also an Allayi hero helps with rough terrain immunity.

I got this game on a steam sale a while back, haven't really invested all that much time in it yet, due to how the only person I play it with kicks my ass to hell and back with his broken custom cultists. So here's my question, how do I get fucking good? Spend more time practicing against AI? Find online matches? Play a faction that isn't the Mothbats?

Your friend deserved it to be honest.

It takes a long time. It is at its best with friends whom have similar timetables and you guys get together and play at the same times. When I did multiplayer we would sometimes spend one whole week on the same game.

Your friend a shit first off. You should be playing offline until you get a good gist of how to handle the game - to be quite honest I still would reccomend the game to anyone even if they are going to play vs AI exclusively.

Turn off custom factions for a start.

So it does usually take multiple sessions then? It sounds fine with friends but I can't see it working with random people online.

Refuse to play with your friend unless he turns off custom factions first, he probably just removes all of their weaknesses and gives them loads of strengths right? Other than that just play against AI, try different factions until you find one you enjoy to learn the game with. I started with Vaulters and also tried Wild walkers but wasn't really able to keep myself playing for long until I tried Broken lords. I hear the Allayi are actually pretty tough to play so they probably are not the best for leaning the game with.

Broken lords were neat because you only need to focus on dust so you don't have to manage other resources as much. The cultists might also be good since you only have one city to manage.

Depending on game settings it can be super fast or long. If you set up 1v1 in a tiny map for a deathmatch yes it is going to be super short. I like to play it like it were a standard game with friends however, including AI foes. It all comes down to you.

i wanna hump one of those giant elf girls with the horns

I've had to give up my game played as Allayi and I assume there isn't a big difficulty spike from Hard to Serious. Then again spawning next to Necrophages and Morgawr at the same time is pretty fucking nightmarish.

penus weenus

but their legend lives on

I would heavily recommend against this for a beginner. Opening build order is completely different and you want and need early war.

The other times the threads just faded away into nothing. I'm glad we actually had meaningful discussion and minor shitposting.You anons are okay.

new content gets attention, you know?

I know. It is still so refreshing to talk about a game that is acknowledged as 'good if flawed' with minor shitpostingNo homo