What game developers still make expansion packs?

Not just one-mission microtransaction bullshit; I'm talking about full, 50% of the original content packages. The Age of Mythology expansion or Lord of Destruction for D2 are good examples, but the practice has fallen out of vogue over the years. I'm sure someone has that graphic of the Mona Lisa being sold in progressively more chunks, but there have to be at least a handful of game makers that still do this every once in a while.

Pic related; the original Sunless Sea was great if you like WORDS, and the expansion pack is definitely worth it from what I've played so far.

Wasn't there a sequel confirmed for Sunless Sea? I liked the first one enough, I guess.

Yeah, Sunless Skies. I'm looking forward to it.

You'll trigger a lot of people. And probably the people who have never played a text based game.

Yeah, I see that.

go back to undertail

Been waiting on this for a while hopefully it fills the itch Sunless Sea didn't fill.

Does it make sailing between the islands less of a snorefest?

It makes it spookier, but not much faster. Devs added mod support though, and I know there's a couple speed mods out that do just that.

I liked Enemy Within

How does it compare to FTL? It looks kinda boring to drive the boat slowly whereas FTL instantly transitioned between new events.

Sunless sea is made by SJWs though, its still a nice game.

Are you implying Sunless sea doesn't have gameplay, retard?

Halfchan refugee spotted.

I never thought enjoying things from SJW is bad. Some times they are competent enough to do enjoyable things. As long as you don't buy them, it should be ok. You shouldn't be buying anything in current age anyway.

That would kind of defeat the point of exploration and sailing, though. I think there should be more to do during sailing, rather than speeding up your ship.

Exactly what you said. Sunless sea is more story heavy, or at least you have to read a lot to get the most out of it.

It is. In fact that's probably one of the major causes of deaths and accidents on the zee, ship captains falling asleep on the wheels. I guess they were going for realism.

Sunless Sea is a lot of sailing and trying to balance fuel and speed with the rest being quests, finding new locations, and fighting things in between quests and locations. The difference to me is that moment I explored the entire map and found all the places in Sunless Sea was when I got bored of the game. Whereas with FTL I can play that many times over despite knowing a lot of the events and locations.

Yeah but they don't inject their bullshit into the game.
There browser click and wait game possibly.

But, for Sunless Sea its absent mostly.

I played it, it was actually pretty good… for a short while.
The combat is really bad, but it's far from the main point. It's quite interesting going from one harbour to another, always new weird stuff and adventurers. The problem is that everything cost so much and you make so many repeat trips. And the boat going real slow isn't helping going back and forwards the same lengths… There are more to explore, if I manage 10 hours of more grinding
I had fun for 2 hours and 6 hours of boring driving. never playing it or the expansion again

This, pretty much. You can pretend to be a special snowflake by choosing a gender-neutral title at the beginning, but the only two androgynous characters in the game are a creepy archaeologist and a drug-dealing serial torturer.

The browser game is really fun if you've got the patience or autism for the grind, and the writing's top tier. The most SJW thing it does is not restrict romance choices based on gender, so you can be a homo if you really want to, but it never makes a big deal about it. Alternatively you can be a good Christian and team up with the bro-tier Bishop of Southwark to beat the shit out of devils and try to breed a dog that can also beat the shit out of devils.

I think there is lore reasons why as well people would normally hide their sex and be androgynous.

Underrail has an expansion coming out next year.

Sunless Sea is alright, I just can't stand the cliche-riddled "steampunk Victorian London" start - for all that the effort they put into the story and setting, it feels like such a weak link.

Also, it's a personal thing but I fucking hate the "Unterzee" bullshit, it reeks of "LOL EUROPEAN-SOUNDING WORDS SURE ARE QUAINT AND UNIQUE XD!" that certain steampunk faggots cream themselves so readily over.

For fucks sake

I know that feel bro.

They knew it'd score them easy money, I guess. Just got the game bought for me by a friend who's starting a D&D campaign loosely based off the setting, and yeah once you get past the steampunk-ish nonsense and notice it's got more of an eldritch feel to it, it's pretty neat.
We were no Dawson's Christian, that's for sure.

How many steampunk victorian games are ther anyway?

Too few or too many depending on who you ask. Arguably Arcanum is one of few good games in the genre and that one is halfbaked and rushed as hell