redblobgames.com/grids/hexagons/,
opengameart.org/content/low-poly-handgun
steamcommunity.com/id/ika_
vocaroo.com/i/s0T1GlZKnBHo
3dfxdev.net/edgewiki/index.php/MD5
my.mixtape.moe/qjccvl.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So what ended up happening with cooking user

No clue. While I'm not super invested in the idea, a really in-depth cooking game seems like a neat concept. Hope he gets something done.

im at work, i will you fags bully me more later

i will let*
FUCK

We are off to a great start

Is this yout game idea?

Wow they sure had a lot of sheriffs in those camps!

Oh boy here we go

I know we have lots of ideaguys around here, but what about amateur game designers?

I would happy to code some GDD for a small and free game if anyone has one to offer, also would be an excellent practice to make something that didn't necessarily come from my head.

Also, if any spritefags or musicfags wanted to help, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Seriously man, that actually is a good idea. A survival game with a jewish Bear Gyrlls in the holocaust. Could be a stealth game.

On a scale of first platformer to dwarf fortress, how difficult would it be to make something similar to Rimworld?

yeah, with all the bullshit we have around the holocaust we don't really have good games based on it, imagine Solid Snake or Sam Fisher infiltrating in a concentration camp, posing as a jew and getting actually captured because it was a setup or some other twist like that, and from that point on the game is about surviving and escaping it.

Reposting from last thread in case user didn't catch it

This actually has nothing to do with trig at all it's mostly calculus
Yes
Ok assuming a random starting rotation speed makes things quite a bit more complicated actually
Now you will need to do some calculations
angle = v0 * t + 0.5 * a * t^2 where angle is the difference in starting angle and ending angle v0 is the starting rotation speed a is the acceleration and t is the time
we want to stop the rotation when we reach the correct angle
To find the speed at t we use
v = v0 + a* t so enter 0 for v and solve for t
0 = v0 + a * t
t = - v0 / a
so this is the amount of time it would take to stop rotating.
Now you put this t into
angle = v0 * t + 0.5 * a * t^2
lets call this anglestop
You will pretty much always undershoot it unless it will land exactly on the right angle so you will want accelerate for a short amount of time first
You can calculate this by using this equation again
angle = v0 * t + 0.5 * a * t^2
0 = v0 * t + 0.5 * a * t^2 - angle
but this time angle = (anglestop % 360) / 2
now to solve for t we can use the general second degree polynomial solution.
t = ( - v0 +- (v0^2 - 4 * 0.5 * - angle)^0.5) / 2 * 0.5
and that's pretty much it i think
again you will have issues with frame inaccuracies i don't really know what you mean by delta but you will need to do some kind of rounding to get this to work consistently

The problem with game design docs is that they are not vague. A lot of things in a game design docs should be scarcely described. Why? Because unlike a movie script, you don't know if it will be fun or not. So it's pointless to describe every single little tiny action in great detail when you'll end up with only 50% of the design doc implemented.

I like to keep my design doc between 8 to 12 pages, just the most important ideas of the game in it. And I can improvise and test if it works in the game.

Just because you can make a "document" out of your ideas doesn't mean you're not an ideaguy. Especially if you're not specifically hired in a studio to do it.

A question for you Anons. What "Melee" bosses are they in FPS games I could possibly draw inspiration from. The only one I can think of Right now is Wesker from Resi 5

can't be that difficult, it's a lite city builder

Offering my services as an artguy. I draw traditional and digital, make pixel art and compose music. I would like to participate in a project but my programming abilities are limited to Game Maker.

You can make great games with gay maker using it's scripting. I don't see that as an obstacle.

It would help if you showed your work.

Also this:

its 2016 fag, 10 round assault clips and bullets are the way to go

I WILL TELL /K/ ABOUT THIS. YOU WILL REGRET IT FOR THIS REMARK

I wonder if the people who spout this shit actually know what they're talking about.

If it really was so easy, we'd all have made a game by now.

My friend, I didn't say it was easy. I said you can make a great game with it, game maker has the capabilities, the scripting language is good (at least for me), popular games were made with it. It's up to you to do all the grunt work, all the scripts, debugging and all that crap until you finish the game. I think game maker is easy to learn but you have to put effort into it otherwise it will look like every other piece of shit game.

GameMaker is dogshit

That's a fine argument.

An user in the last thread said that the camera was too dynamic. Is this better? I also included a webm for how it was previously for comparison.

bully me more, you only make me stronger

BULLY NOW
BULLY LATER

It's looking really good user, the new one looks better but it looks like it's also moving much faster, but I guess that is because it's much smaller.

That's really amazing.

where da kangz at?
:^)

i like the more dynamic one

Jewish EULA, laughable 3D tools, awful project management, horrible in-engine "drawing" tools that only retarded children would use, many of the "easy to use" drag and drop stuff like defining physics bodies must be done entirely in script or entirely in drag'n'drop- they cannot be done in both, script language with awful conventions and missing various obvious functions any game engine should have that you have to add on your own every project, limited scene sizes rather than a 0,0 origin with unlimited space, and to top the cherry on the shit-cake it was used to make trash like Undertale.

jesus fuck
why did i think undertale was made with rpgmaker

What if you paused the game as well?

Not a good idea for a horror game, you want the possibility of you being snuck up on by spooky things while inspecting stuff..

Did you just say RE and Silent Hill are bad?

No, but I do say they miss some potential.

Thanks. Making it move faster was part of me trying to make it less dynamic. Slowing it down is as easy as changing a single number if you think that will be better.

Damn it.

Pausing the game is easy UGameplayStatistics::SetGamePaused(true) but Unreal engine has this thing where when you switch cameras is takes a little time to fade in detail. Not much time, but when you pause right at the switch it is noticeable. Also the way I'm doing the other inspection menu (where you rotate and zoom in on objects) pausing the game means that you can no longer zoom/rotate the objects. If I really wanted those to work well I would have to write a custom pause function. For the third inspection screen I'm planning on adding where it's just text with no camera change like in your example, pausing the game with the SetGamePaused function would works fine.

It still does that in 4?
No unscaled timer to do that with? How would you do a paused screen fade then?

Like any other game engine, but you have to specify what parts you really hate.

It has source control.

Doesn't count, you should only use that tool for programmer art. For drawing use another software.

No one should use drag and drop 95% of the time. I automatically assume that people use GML.

It's not a great language, true. But it's easy to use. However, what specifically should it have that it doesn't?

I believe you are talking about room size? I'm pretty sure people have figured ways to make levels without loading screens. It requires more coding, just like in other engines.

Not a valid argument.

Also
Meme post/10.

I may have been describing it poorly. This is what it looks like on the frame the camera changes. I think it may be something to do with the auto exposure in post processing because when I increased the "Speed Up" and "Speed Down" settings it cleared up faster. If that's the case I just need to find out how to remove that effect.
If UE4 has an unscaled timer equivalent it's not called an "unscaled timer". But I'll look into that. I'm still learning so it may end up being easier than I thought.

Okay so

How do i make it not suck

You make it not easy enough to into as first game.

pick only one.

Copy an existing roguelike, add your twist to it.

Sure but I'm not forking anything

Would any of you devs be interested in some free decent voice acting? I do it on the side, and would like some projects to do.

I use a FOSS engine that doesn't have a EULA. There are many out there. Try again.

Not what I was referring to. GameMaker becomes a huge fucking mess when you make anything more complex than pong.

You literally have to use drag and drop to apply scripts to objects. And why even have a feature that is so obtrusive if you shouldn't even use it?

Not an excuse. Base design flaw, absolutely not a "feature that can be just added in".

If the most noteworthy game made in an engine is poorly drawn/written/designed furbait shit, then that is absolutely an argument.

oh no the gamer gays! pic related

yeah, I could go for some voices

I need some lines that the enemies yell out when they are attacking you

like "stop!", or "enemy sighted!" or "intruder!"

maybe some lines like "target neutralized" or "intruder neutralized" or "enemy down" when you die

and other misc lines like that. "taking fire!" "engaging!"

does that sound interesting? vid related is my game

nice bushes, dont you think.

I made something more complex than pong, it didn't become a huge mess. Now what? Obviously it still needs improvements with browsing scripts and assets, but it's not that bad.

Yes, you use drag and drop to apply scripts to objects. So what, how long does that take you, two seconds? After you do that you can script whatever you like in there. As for why it even has drag and drop in the first place it's because it started out like that, an engine without needing to learn how to code, but it got more advanced and people wanted more.

So are you telling me that in your open source engine I can add a buttload of shit in a single immense level and I won't have to manage the loading of anything or care about the performance, yeah right. If you want a infinitely large room you have to manage how the objects and backgrounds are loaded, I doubt you even tried to make something like this in the first place.

Not an argument, also made me realize you are an even bigger idiot. I don't like undertale, but what you just said about it being written/drawn badly has no impact to how I or somebody else code my game. This is just retarded.

No, it's not the "gamer gays", it's you trying too hard. You have a bias of hating game maker because of undertale. Not my problem, you deal with that. I like using game maker.

If you want anything, email me at [email protected]/* */ Gimme the lines you'd like, with just a few words of how you'd like them delivered. I'll email you back with some samples of the lines.

Offer applies to anyone else.

Looks like the world got blown up

thanks!

Yes and George Double Vee. Bush was the main conspirator for all this mess. :^)

I was actually going to write out a response but then I realized:

You have to go back.

new picture of the level I am making

Spelunky?
Oh nevermind, you already got btfo too hard and shut down.

Oh, the go back to reddit vivian guy just lost hope for me because he had no arguments. Now what will I do?

Please take a look at all your posts in this thread. It's cherry picking, memes, and bias.

Yes I do, do you think you're being a wise guy by adding some gay shit at the end? This is cuck-chan tier arguments, why not add a bunch of 1!111!!s too?

We are not talking about a game, no one has to "fix" it. I explained what's wrong with your expectation regarding an infinite level and you simply ignored it.

Nothing is perfect.

I won't even bother pointing out how much you are trying to fit in by telling me to go back or accusing me of being a sjw tumblr guy because you have no arguments. What are you gonna do next? Post another le vivian image and complain how undertale somehow affects how I use game maker? You stupid faggot.

Stay mad

user who works on A* for another user here.
I increased the size of your map to 200*200 and added a blocked room for testing. I also disabled your "only check x nodes at once" workaround. Pic related is what happened when I sent the player into the blocked room. Holy shit. I expected it to be slow (that's the reason I'm looking into it after all), but I didn't expect to see something like this. It's literally Minecraft in the making.

i can give you the newer version that separates the search into a few frames
it's still better than the old way

Not necessary. I expected it to be slow. What shocks me is what you do on the heap. Splitting it up over multiple frames will only make it worse (assuming you're using my tip with coroutines).

well like i said, it currently takes around 0.7 seconds to traverse to an unreachable target, which for my purposes is acceptable
tbh, age of empires HD currently does it worse so i'm not complaining

Just like make game > complaining about things you won't use anyway

Well like I said, it's not the time it takes to complete a search that's bad. It's the GC allocations you produce while doing it. Test your new version and look at GC Alloc in the profiler.
Glad your new version satisfies you though. I'm still going to work on this version, because it's a good learning experience and who knows, maybe you end up finding something useful there.

What would be the best way to have an 8-directional 2d isometric sprite hold/swing a weapon? Is there any shortcut or does this have to be done in the spritesheet?

(assuming i want to be able to swap the weapon out arbirarily)

you could just track what position the weapon is supposed to be in for each sprite, and then draw the weapon accordingly

Bought a script to do this because I couldn't figure this shit out, almost want to shoot myself for how incredibly simple it is.

literally a dollar foolish

What are you making?

Looks like a game that displays "1195". I'd play it.

Kickstarter when?

I have to finish fried doughs tonight (forgot about them), i also forgot deepfried sushi should be possible and french fries should earn a special tag for being easy for NPCs to recognize it, so i have to add that to the deepfry code
With this every possible combination of foodstuff added to the pot/pan should end into a nice dish

Test version (pan/pot only) will probably be ready tomorrow, then oven or raw preparation (kitchen knife and stuff), fermenter for last

Sure you did

I'm not gonna attach drama to my games, it's as simple as that.

I don't see any other games in this thread that display "1195". It's the most original game I've seen all week.

Wow, they changed like a quarter of the entire game.

Idea guy here. I made a GDD for a puzzle game for PC and got a programmer to code it.

The thing is, he's programming it in Java and I want to sell the game on Steam eventually.

How bad of a language is Java and are there any problems that we are gonna run into?

minecraft sold for 2 billion, i'm sure you'll be rich in no time

Re-creation of the Tiny Chao Garden. It's reading that particular Chao's Swim stat.

Oh damn, maybe I'm going in the wrong direction with this thing.

Does one of you know where I would have to go to learn more about making games in inform7? I want to create a visual novel but as it turns out that shit is harder than I thought. How do I learn the basics of coding?

Like I was able to somewhat create a map with doors and stairs and shit like that. But how do I script things like a fight? How do I make a fight a event that can be started by the player himself? All these kind of things are hard to come up with.

Those of you who know how to code, where or how did you start? Schools are not really a option because they cost money and usually suck. Books would be a possibility if they aren't to expensive.

Java's faults come from the fact it's not as low-level as C, which will never matter to you because you probably aren't doing anything as intensive as gigantic open world game/doing physics/etc on a console. You're question itself kinda admits you're just jumping on the anti-java bandwagon.

Infact, if you look at minecraft. A gigantic open world game (although simplistic AI and next to no physics), written in java, all its faults didn't arise till they tried porting it to consoles, which limited it to a quarter mile or something area.

Do you mean allocation of new objects or actually collecting them and freeing the memory?

Is A* always going to work based on a grid? Can steps be more or less than 1 unit in size, disregarding cost? Asking because my lighting system may use it and not sure about scaling things up/down to accommodate it

Why not use a 2D game engine or another text(with images) engine that's more flexible. Have you heard about the game "The PK girl"? If you did, you should know that it was created with adrift. And that is a really nice software for making text games with images and sounds.

adrift.co/

A* uses nodes - arbitrary nodes.
It will work so long as you have nodes that are connected somehow. It's just normally done on a grid with adjacent grid spaces being "connected" for the algorithm.

Are you sure you're not getting mixed up with a text adventure? Inform is for text adventures mostly (and I couldn't wrap my head around the natural language syntax for Inform7, if you want something more code-feeling use Inform6).
If you actually want to make a visual novel, try something like Ren'py.

Just wanna say that it's silly to have some big ass 200x200 square of nodes to go through when you can just add like 10 nodes around obstacles manually. This is how I do it at least.

I have asked which of those text game engines is the best and people told me to use inform7. I am still pretty early in my game so I guess I could switch, is this adrift thing better? I mean I don't need sounds, but I will need images and inform 7 seems to be able to handle them.

I thought those were the same, because in that game you also have a minimap and pictures of rooms or yourself or enemies, depending on how the creator made it.

A good Java programmer is miles better than a shitty C++ programmer.

I also prefer the more dynamic one, although I recognize the less dynamic one probably better imitates awkward ps1 Capcom camera.

Most people use navmeshes.

It depends on what you want. Look at image related, and imagine some images inserted between the text too. Is this what you want or do you want a full visual novel engine instead?

If this is what you want you can easily learn the basics in two or three days, you could even make a small test game. It has minimaps, images (if you want too), sounds, a saving system, tasks, events, room based movement, characters/conversations, and all that stuff.

The reason I need A* is that I want my tile based lighting system to not necessarily be tile based. One feature I wanted to include was things like fogs or obscuring mist, basically things with different densities or flow costs (I had a priority queue implemented to support this since XNA and C# dont provide one whichis odd)

Anyways because its a lightmap, every tile in range must be visited which isn't a problem for a basic floodfill but as soon as costs and weights happen it gets a lot more complex (I am aware of Jump Point Search but it is inappropriate to use here)

Basically what I want to do is take a light source and a collection of things that flag light permeability per tile and output it as something that corresponds to the tiles but is able to work with non tiles

Anyway, I always suggest adrift to anyone wanting to make text or text + images games. I used it years ago and it's very flexible and easy to learn + you can make your own executable, so people don't actually need to download anything but your game.

Some time ago I wanted to make a huge medieval text game with images and a battle system but I abandoned the idea, it is however possible to do it. 100x better than the pretentious Twine shit.

They're not the same at all. Text adventures (at least in the traditional sense) have no graphics at all, scenes are described to you, and all your input is done through a text parser. That's the kind of game Inform is used to make.
Visual novels are hugely different.

Oh wait i had a priqueue for selective flow and needed it to implement A* but i had issues with building the result set. This was about 7 months ago.

Still, I want to unbind my light floodfill from a grid and keep it fast while allowing it to work with a grid if necessary.

Usually I have a T[] with int indexes as well as a value for stride, offset, step, and count, so it can iterate any T collection very quickly, but being rigid

Yes, those are the games I have played and those are the games I want to make.

But I don't think that I will be finished anytime soon. What I want to do is to make a casino game, you go in, you play different games like idk, i thought black jack and rock paper scissors (I know they don't play that in real casinos, but I assume it is easier to write than poker or some shit like that). I am thinking of something bigger.

Okay I guess I have mixed the terms. Games made in inform can have pictures too, I thought that makes them visual novels.

How often are your lights changing? You might be able to get away with having two separate (but linked) data sets. One which is light points/spots/direction or whatever and the other a light map in a grid, which gets updated when fog comes around or what have you.

My idea probably sounds retarded. Well the reason for that game is, I was told to chose a few games I liked and try to recreated the. Well my 3 favorite text based games are one in which you are a fighter who has to fight his way back up, one in which some kids go camping and play rock paper scissors and spin the bottle and another one in which you wake up in a room and have to make your way out by moving shit around and crafting items and shit. Well the last one sounded a bit complicated so I thought I start with fights and gambling so why not make a casino in which you gamble with a box ring in which you can fight for money. And once I have figured out how to make that shit I could probably move on to something real.

One more question, if I make a game in adrift, would I be allowed to sell it on places like steam?

They're static lights with changeable light values (radius, color, flicker, etc). My last implementation had them centered on a 2n-1 by 2n-1 texture (max 512x512) per light. Individual lights would have their texture regenerated as needed. Flicker and intensity were blend settings to a global light map which was almost always redrawn every frame (a 256x256 texture which corresponded to the maximum game map size)

Basically I'd handle each light individually, cache the results, make a composite, then upscale it to the view region to shade the tiles. I think I actually had two maps per light, one for direct and one for indirect ambient lighting

Ok fused deepfries and battered dishes since 95% of the method was the same in this case, and added special conditions for:

Finally pan recipes are done, tomorrow i will finish up the executable to test several combinations

Since the engine is free, I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. You can check on the forums if you want to be 100% sure but I don't see why anyone would stop you.

Don't forget to learn from the tutorials

forum.adrift.co/viewforum.php?f=33&sid=88375c24e421a6854e01b59c91d73c0f

help.adrift.co/

Also the bool/float[] for flow costs would be supplied by the map tile handler and be largely static. In terms of viewspace it would be 13 or 15 tiles wide at 32 or 48 pixels per tile

This is making me interested again, I should write down my requirements and start again

I don't know, I just think it's kinda like cheating if I take something free and try to sell it.

You didn't even start making the game, make half of a great game then we'll talk.

nice guys finish last

You sell the game you made, not the engine.

Hey man, I checked your game and posted about it in the last thread but it died, so here it is again:

Hey, forgot to give you feedback for your game. Honestly, just played Radio Tower;
The character moves WAY too slow, unless there is a run button and I didn't figured it out, it's just too slow to be enjoyable, it feels like you are crawling. Jumping is faster so I found myself bunnyhopping most of the time.
Also, you slide way too much too, it feels like you are on ice.
At first I thought "oh man the guns fire waaay too slow", but then I realized that mashing the button is much faster than just holding it, is this intended? Because once I realized this, holding the button had no purpose at all.
The first weapon is a tad too weak for my taste, but I guess that's fine since you are supposed to use it only at the begining and when you run out of ammo for all the other guns
The Laser Rifle barrel is misaligned with the spot where the bullets actually come out, if you pay attention the bullets actually come from a little bit for the right of the barrel, it's incredibly annoying.
Also I don't have any idea of what you tried to make with the shotgun, but it doesn't feel right AT ALL, it feels kind of like the S gun from contra, but with ultra tiny pellets and a shitload of damage falloff. I didn't enjoyed it at all, I would like it if you make it more like Doom's Shotgun, or if you insist with the "huge spread" idea, tweak it a bit so it doesn't suck.
In general, the guns all feel like the lack strenght for the lack of recoil, you should add at least a simple tipe of recoil so they feel like they actually pack a punch.
Sometimes if you shot at the green enemies (the first ones), they teleport to anywhere, this happens mostly if you use the zoomed right-click mode, this is incredibly annoying.
The death animation takes forever, you should speed it up at least twice as much.
I haven't played it that much, but that's all for now, I'll try to play the other levels later tonight so I can give you feedback on the other guns and such.

>pride

heh.

do you have graphics already? I really want to play it

Tile layers give me hard ons. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

my brother will be working on it, he is a decent programmer unlike me, so the cooking system and the faerie village are the only features i will code myself. Then i will focus on making qt NPC girls and crop/animal models
but i will need to open a crowdfunding campaign to hire him because he is not so willing to sacrifice spare time on this project as much as iam.
So tomorrow i will have a WPF window with the basic layout of the cooking system, but it wont be attached to anything else.

Tried my best, but this ended up being WAY harder than the first one, mostly due to how the body is contoured. I didn't even try giving the loading mechanism on the top a shot, since I KNEW that was going to go poorly.

It's more like lighting layers, rather than tile layers … here's some stuff I made back in March, maybe you've seen it before?

gamemaker's anti-piracy used to be permanently destroying the user's assets. It went off on its legitimate users on more than one occasion.

Looks sweet as hell user

That's true, I can't defend that.

I'm not a consistent browser or poster in these threads, so no I haven't seen it.

Looks good.

Thanks bud.

No progress on the model, but I spent a lot of time studying more gamedev stuff and came up with a cool way to handle decals, also drew pic related, I think I'll use a color scheme similar to this in the texture.
it's my birthday lol

You are only missing the skull now, right? Sweeeeet drawing man

happy birthday, we love you

Necromancer milfs
Rule 34 strikes again.

Happy birthday user.

Also some more doodles for the game mixed with some random sketches. I think I posted the turtle character here before I even started the model.

The skull and the axe, I'm procrastinating a bit because I don't wanna fuck the former up, it's my favorite part of the design.
And thanks.

Maras from germanic folklore, more specifically. Also, pic related.

Thank you.

Alright, I don't wanna spam the thread and I gotta go hit the hay, so good luck with your games and see you later.

yessssssssss

Also, if you want to take a bigger challenge what about making Robocop's gun

How's that guy's mountain blade mod coming along? Or was that not this thread?

So what's the game about? Does she reap dead virgins?

Going good.

damn trips staying in the field

Which one?.

Robocop's Custom Berreta Auto 9, it's one hell of a pretty gun

Was listening to vid related when you posted that. Didn't even realize it's the same fucking gun till I went back into the tab.

Blood Dragon had the best 80's action movie guns, it even had the fucking Cobra Rifle from Robocop too, man I really enjoyed that game way more than I should.

anything from Aliens?

Not that I recall, sadly

Happy birthday, mate. You have the same birthday as me.

Personally, I made no progress on my game today. I've been drinking and eating and playing vidya instead to celebrate.

sorry for not replying for so long-

part of the problem you are having is a problem that I saw on a few computers, where the game would move really slowly for some odd reason

you can fix it by typing into the console "vid_fps 60" or by changing it in the config file

im still fixing that bug- basically you were playing the game in slow motion

mashing the button is faster- this isn't intentional, and I haven't fixed it; but im not sure if i should fix it.

the green enemies are supposed to teleport- you'll notice that they teleport to the green projectiles they shoot out.

I will try making the shotgun spread lower, thanks for your feedback!

you should try playing again after applying the fix, its really broken on the systems where that bug applies.

Now ask yourself: will you actually save two days in management time thanks to the change?

Hard to say.

the A* i work with uses a grid
there's 8 directions right now, but you can always put more, bigger than 1 tile

i'd just be using navmesh, but it doesn't work well with RTS games
mainly, i want resources like trees to be obstacles, and units to avoid each other rather than clump up in 1 spot
doing the first with navmesh is costly
doing the second is just difficult, A* makes it easier

i'm starting to work on building creation
next i need to figure out how to make the correct nodes unpassable for a building bigger than 1x1

Fug.

Has Love2d been used for any moderately successful commercial games? If you made a game with it would you have problems selling/distributing it later on down the line? Is it compatible with steam?

Yes. In that example your algorithm produces 4.6 MB which has is way beyond acceptable. I have a saving/loading system which has two orders of magnitude more lines of code, does a lot of work (can save just about everything, encodes, compresses and serializes the objects) and it's nowhere near that.
It's difficult for me to say whether the GC cleaning up is the bottleneck or whether it's the heap allocations. Both of them (GC.Collect() and the new operator) are rather expensive operations. But whether problems arise depends on the frequency of them being called.
The bottom line is that you should decrease the heap allocations. The GC having less to do will be a result of you calling new a lot less. Performance-wise it'll be worthwhile nonetheless.
You also should learn to be careful with the heap to begin with. It's easy to let such code slide, if "it worksâ„¢". Then you write Minecraft, a game that runs like shit in parts due to allocating +200MB/frame.

I used a bitmap. Granted, it's hard-coded, but it's only there for testing purposes anyway. Have a look at the Awake() method inside the PathfindingMap.cs file in the New_Pathfinding directory.

Thought of the easier way to do it.

i think i got it working by using the mesh's bounds
although i probably need to make my own meshes that are a little bit more correct with the node size, or rotate them accordingly

how do i improve this texture? besides finishing the mag and assault trigger textures
256^2 texture and 200 tri model.

forgot image

As pointed out, the weaknesses of Java will only show themselves once you try to push obscene amounts of data trough the JRE. All you need to distribute a Java game trough steam is to make it self-contained, and distribute a compiled JRE with it. I'm pretty sure thats what Spiral Knights did back then.

alright, nevermind, bounds are a bad idea, they're a bit too unpredictable
i'll just manually set the width/height of a building
now for whatever reason, if i encircle my units i still have framerate issues, even if i give them a small exit
would it help me if i qued the pathfinding searches or would that just make them take way too much time?

Were these particular characters made with a 3d program then converted to 2d? the movements just seem to line up too perfectly to suggest otherwise. Or was it likely just put together painstaikingly by hand? How can I achieve similar results (apart from tracing it)? Are there any 3d -> 2d shaders that are actually worth anything for this purpose?

looks real neat

cgchannel.com/2015/02/this-free-blender-shader-turns-3d-models-into-pixel-art/

They look hand drawn, go look at Paul Robertson.

thanks fam, just finished all of the textures
also has a spent casing for the ejection animation

user this looks sweet as fuck already

They look hand-drawn bro.

Hey you are right, the game is MUCH better after the fix!

You really shouldn't, after the fix I can tell holding the button down is useful, but knowing you can mash to make it faster is nice too. But hey, if you want to fix it that's ok too.

You should really make an animation or something so I can tell they were actually teleporting and not glitching out, also, sometimes they teleported inside the walls.

Also, please check the laser rifle, even after aplying the fix the bullet and the barrel are still misaligned

Average

Will take lots of time to get it tweaked

Depends on planed scope

depends on scale and engine

Does anybody know of a program I can use to make a Corruption of Champions style game? It's a text-adventure game where you press buttons to pick your next action. Here's an image of how it looks like.

I have no programming experience except for some Java course I did back in school.

Any help is appreciated.

use twine

the method you are talking about is rotoscoping. They are a few anons here irc who use 3D models to make sprites

Like… pretty much any of them, other than maybe RPGmaker. That's about the simplest kind of game you can possibly make.

hol up my memory has been augmented, is it that one furfag game?

It was made with Flash but you can do it in pretty much anything from Twine to whatever. I'd recommend HTML as unlike Flash it's not being abandoned by browsers and can be embedded, but unfortunately it's hard. Some gamedev engines have HTML 5 option, though.

Yes, not exactly pure furfag as it has as many monstergirls and monsters as furshit, but it's the one where defeat means rape and you also can turn yourself into a hermaphrodite catgirl demon by consuming shit.

Actually, rotoscoping is drawing over 3D animations by hand (or tablet), while MoM user and the RTS sprite user(s?) I've seen in these threads just render and use the output as is/with a filter. That's not rotoscoping. That's pre-rendered 3D graphics.

mhm welp that explains it.

I'll look into it.

Good to know that I'm not limited to only one program.

Yeah, that's the one. The over-abundance of dick made me quit playing it, but the game-style is interesting so I want to try and make my own.

Is HTML better than Twine?

Thanks for all the quick responses guys.

HTML5, you mean? It's harder to learn, being a proper language, but otherwise it's made for web and it's not just some choose-your-own-adventure creator with basic variable manipulations.

Html is not a programming language, it's a markup language. It can't do anything, it just displays pages of text/shapes/images, and can contain links from one to another. It can't store values or do any kind of logic or really anything interesting at all.

Even a text adventure would be a pain in the ass to do because you'd have to make a separate html file containing the entire page layout for every single different screen.

As soon as you add javascript into the mix however, you can pretty much do anything up to most kinds of 2D games.

Who here knows hex grids?
I've worked out a way to generate my grid, a big square of hexes called, I think, an 'offset' grid.
I have two problems with this:

1) I want the hex grid itself to be hex-shaped. A grid of concentric rings of hexes. I have no idea how to generate it this way. I assume I have to start generation from the center and work my way out, but I'm not sure how to go about that. My current script just generates from one corner to the other, row by row.

2) Also 1) I need the coordinate system to also be set such that the hex in the center is the origin. I actually don't think this is a different problem at all, now that I write it down.

I'm using redblobgames.com/grids/hexagons/ to try to figure this out, and while it looks like it'll be fantasticly useful once I actually make my proper grid, it pretty much assumes you already implicitly understand how to generate the grid properly in the first place.
My best idea for a solution so far is just to figure out the relationship between hex grid size and number of hexes per row to make it hex shaped, generate it all, and then shave off all the superfluous ones. This seems like jackhammering a square peg into a hexagonal hole, though.

redblobgames.com/grids/hexagons/

That doesn't look like a tonemapping error to me, it looks like texture compression.
A quick search reveals that UE4 still does texture streaming.

Is there an editor available? I want to make a level for that.

So I wanna make a sprite mess what engine should I go for?
Friend told me game maker but I'm having issues getting the piece of shit running in the first place. I'll learn how to actually make sprite work on the fly as I do it I think and I have mere ideas at the moment as to what I want to make. What engine can I use essentially to make a platformer 2d sprite mess?

I posted that link in my own post, user. I've been reading that top to bottom for a few days now, and I don't see how it helps me actually generate the grid. It helps me manage the grid and do all sorts of calculations with them, but there's no actual part that says "here's a step-by-step description for babbies on how to build a hex grid in the first place"

I came up with an outline that I'm going to try to use as the blueprint for my next attempt, though.

This should get me somewhere, hopefully. Once I manage to create some kind of frankenstein grid, and have some understanding of how they're actually structured code-wise, I should be able to better utilize that website to create another iteration of the script that does it all better. In theory, anyway.

Do you make models too?

You don't need an engine for that.

What do you mean?
I still need some way of tossing my made up crap into something right?

Any graphics library will do.

I don't know why you would do it like this
why not just go row by row
It should be fairly easy to calculate the the number of elements for each row based on the size of the grid

I have no idea what a graphics library is. Where can I acquire one?

Well, depending on coordinate system, I need the center hex to be (0,0) or (0,0,0). Am I not meant to set the coordinates at the same time as I generate the grid? Or is it a better practice to first create the grid, and then go over the entire thing again and store each hex's location on a coordinate plane?

I've already written a script that creates a perfect grid of hexes row by row, that was fairly easy. Creating radial coordinates from the center of it is giving me a moderate fuck, and I'm not sure how to figure out how many hexes should be in each row for a given grid size without explicitly counting them for every possible size of grid, though the number of grid sizes would be finite I suppose, so I guess I could just do that.

tbh I don't really understand what you are doing at all
What do you need this grid for
what are you doing with it?

paypal me 100 bucks and ill give you the graphics library

how is robocops gun a challenge
the only challenge ive found so far is finding reference images that are non shit
wip ofc

a library is a bunch of code for you so you don't have to write it yourself.

I just wanted you to make it because it's a really cool gun to be honest

I'm making layered tactics/strategy game with extremely large scale. One grid could potentially contain 10,000+ hexes, so I'm just trying to make sure I have an extremely easy and fast way to get any hex by its coordinates, or get a hex's coordinates from the hex. I'd also like to display the coordinates in an intuitive way, and since the layers will generally be centered around the player's "start", it makes the most sense for it to start at 0,0 in the center.

It's all laid out here: redblobgames.com/grids/hexagons/, I'm just trying to work out how to actually implement what it says, because the only programming background I have is "google it or make it up as i go along".

not the other guy but you got me with the 'challenge'

You know i would like to help you but my brain just isn't really working right now I need to go to bed
Just know there is an easy way to find the a hex based on position or index it's not really that different from a square grid.

Okay, so, as you imagine the more complex things get, the more advanced and complex the code gets, growing in size.

So, to prevent the need of having to rewrite everything for each project, people use libraries which already have plenty of code. Some are graphical libraries used in vidya, like DirectX or OpenGL. There are some open source ones too.

Unless you want to make a super simple game or are super autistic I recommend finding a library.

This made money

This looks alright but something tells me it may be way more repetitive than the trailer makes it look.

That's great, how much did it make for you?

If I am the one shilling for it why would I shit on it?

Reminds me of Liero and Gusanos, only without the kickass multiplayer.

It looks good if you look past the edge, was released a week ago, and also

do you or anyone else want any other voice acting?
that's regular speech volume, can't yell because thin walls
also not native english speaker, so slight accent

You don't have to, and really don't WANT to, generate only the tiles you wind up rendering. I just slapped pic related together for you to make clear how you do this. Addendum to the "tile you want to move to" bit, always round UP. Should be obvious. That part is so the center one is seen as 0,0 like you want
Note that in memory, this is the same as a square grid. You just render tiles at {X + 0.5 * Y. Y} instead of {X, Y}, and when considering what tiles to move to you consider not only the one above, below, left and right, but also the one to up and right one, and down and left one.
Your real problem here is that you're thinking too much of this as "real" hexagon objects instead of data. Also, why the hell do you think a tile needs to know what it's position is? It already knows where it is in your array of tiles, you use that knowledge to access it in the first place.

My A* grid (a square grid) is just an unordered_map of uint_8 integers defining which directions are passable and which ones aren't. The ID for that map is 24 bits (for a maximum of 4096x4096 tiles, which I'll never need) defined as (x + y * w), so everything fits neatly on a cacheline and your 10000 tiles would only take up ~320kb of memory.

opengameart.org/content/low-poly-handgun
released under CC-BY-SA 3.0, forgot to unfuck the shell casing UV, rotate 90deg. and move to the yellowish part right of the receiver.

Good for them, I'm happy they're getting paid for their work.

I'm just surprised that's all, since it looks like crap.

yes, there is an editor available, and I could use some help

if you're interested, email me at [email protected]/* */ or message me on steam (which is easier for me to reply to you) steamcommunity.com/id/ika_

just be warned, this editor is very hard to use and is also very unstable (I have to run it in a debugger for it to be somewhat stable) so you might try it and not find it enjoyable, but I can always use help

I don't think you posted any voice samples- but I would like some, if you want to make them
I don't mind an accent, its fine with me. I can just adjust the gain to make the voice louder if its too quiet in game.
if you want, feel free to contact me.

sorry about shipping it without the bugfix pre-applied - im glad that you could have a better experience with the game

They can appear to teleport inside the walls, bu they don't go all the way in- I do agree that the effect isn't that great. I'll fix that too.

the laser rifle is still misaligned anyway, I haven't gotten around to fixing this yet.

thanks for your feedback, i'll be able to hack into my to-do list from all the complains that I have gotten over time, so the game can be more polished in the next version

I have been busy, so it takes me a while to reply, but now I am not busy anymore.

Anyone knowledgeable about shaders and 3D rendering?

How difficult/expensive would it be to do something like pic, where certain objects like walls and ceilings are masked out by some kind of cone/sphere-like area between the player and the camera (but not behind player)?

Also what should I be typing in a search engine to learn more about this kind of techniques?

yeah, forgot to post a sample, heres one
vocaroo.com/i/s0T1GlZKnBHo
tried to do an american accent

Literally a view frustum

I don't think that's the same thing. A view frustum won't mask out specific objects that are in front of the camera.

This is what that scene would look like from the camera's point of view.

A clipping mask/plane?

Two methods:

1. When rendering the objects you see through, pass information to the shader that is used to determine whether you can see through it (e.g. a cone), and if that is the case, discard the fragments in the fragment shader.
2. Fuck with the near plane to create a more desirable view frustum, but this has various side-effects that you don't want.

A clipping plane won't work because it'll just mask out everything on that plane, instead of say a sphere around the player. A plain mask won't work because it'll mask out even things behind the player.

I think a combination would work, but then you'd have to render the objects twice. Unless you could somehow cancel the clipping plane outside the sphere… The clipping plane also has to adjust to the distance between player and camera.

The problem I'm having right now that it's impossible to find any information. Anything related to masks gives nothing but 2D image editing shit, and clipping planes only give babbys first "what is clipping plane" question answers.

>A clipping mask/plane?

You wont find shit googling, because you're looking for clipping in a very specific way. You'll find clipping, no doubt, but not the one you want.

Seriously though, what you want to do is probably something as follows:
>In fragment shader, discard if worldPos lies within sphere (if(spherePos * worldPos < sphereRadius*sphereRadius) discard;)
Boom it works.
Apply appropriate math for other shapes.
If you're not retarded and actually understand the matrix math, then you could optimize it by passing the shape filter in opengl coordinates and comparing it with gl_fragCoord, thus skipping the need to pass around the worldPos to fragment shader.

Oh, and discarding fragments is expensive since it introduces a branch on the GPU, so obviously only run this shader on objects that actually need it.

But how do I find information about this? Pic related are what the result from these would be.

I need more than an explanation of "what a mask is", I need to learn more advanced use of it.

Thanks, that sounds like it's in the right direction.

I'm pretty new to 3D graphics programming so I'm a little slow at understanding these things.

your voice reminds me of Max Payne- maybe it could be the voice of the protagonist, or narrator, or something, if you want to do that.

I'm not sure what kinds of other things I need voice samples for, yet. Maybe you could voice the lines I posted earlier:

stop!
enemy sighted!
intruder!

target neutralized
intruder neutralized
enemy down

taking fire!
engaging!

Thanks, this was a big help.
There were also problems with my original grid generation code that weren't apparent until I started converting my code to make a rhombus instead of a square.

looks neat

DIGITAL STYLE
DIGITAL NAZI

welp I retextured 3 more stuff, once I am done with that then I can look forward to finish other parts or so I think. Like redrawing all the texture and hoping it doesn't turn out too be crappy then adding a few more textures.

Oh yeah and one of my other goal is to try making animations via skeleton and hoping to get it baked so that md3 can read it. Fucking Graf Zahl cunt didn't even bothered adding another model format support like IQM, that HL1 one or md5, Coraline (Hyper3DGE dev) is having plans for several model formats 3dfxdev.net/edgewiki/index.php/MD5

is your camera 100% static? If not, move it closer to the mask/plane and widen the shot.

You might be able to do it with render layers depending on your engine.
Alternatively you could attempt to get a pseudo boolean operation working by taking advantage of basic shader objects to create an alpha channel where the object intersects another predefined 'mask' object. If your engine supports clipping 'volumes' this is your best bet as it will do a function similar to this automatically.

I've attached a crappy diagram illustrating both methods. It will depend on the constraints of your engine but essentially if you can create a simple shader that can detect collision with a cylinder, you can then plug (usually with a simple min or max operation) the resulting values directly into the alpha channel. After this you can blur it or adjust the shader effect to your liking. Unreal Engine had a great node based shader editor that I adored when I still did this shit that would work great for this approach (especially as you could, through shader assignments, exclude or include objects from this effect) but I'm not sure about other engines.

The other approach can work a few ways depending on your setup, but will only really work if you don't let the player rotate the camera or you can dynamically shift objects in and out of the two render layers. Some other more hamfisted ways of doing this are using 2 different meshes with backface culling on and only allowing the exterior mesh to be clipped so that the interiors of buildings are still rendered but not visible from the outside.
You could also use the valve way to cheat this and have the parts of the scene you want to affect set up in a completely different place from the player, designed to render on top of the main game screen. Then you could apply a simple clipping mask to that camera, as your picture demonstrates.

As always, engine limitations will dictate how you approach this and there might even be a better way to go depending on what type of camera you're using. An isometric, unrotating camera is the best case scenario for something like this but it is still possible depending on the tools the engine developers have left to you.

a third option that would easily work involves raycasting but will likely involve scripting if not creating new code and I can't help you with that

Pan recipes are done
Test version soon

just

maybe next time I'll actually succeed in this shit

post pics faget, how are you deriving the collision geo.

even though i don't have anyone to replace him yet this is still a gloriously good feel

I know that feel, only for me it was finally getting rid of a low skill pixel art fag with absolutely no previous experience. Feels good to be free from listening to smug cancer every day.

Teams sure are an interesting experience.

For anons with teams, how do you make things work and keep things running? Or do you find it's easier to do things yourself, even if there's some things you can't efficiently do?

Generally teams require clear leadership otherwise they devolve into a masturbatory free for all, like a rowing team with everyone spinning the oars how they want instead of together as a group. Good leadership is also a skill and often in small teams it falls to whoever is the loudest/most autistic to be the de facto leader. This is almost always a mistake and it will usually drive more withdrawn people away if they have to answer to someone obnoxious.
If you can find people that you can delegate tasks to, who you can motivate and who in turn motivate you, you should keep them; especially if they can accept criticism without going full snowflake. Anyone else, try not to consider a core member of the team unless they are developing extremely important systems. Usually people who can't take direction will wind up being more of a hindrance than a help, but rarely, some skilled people who act like cowboys can develop great things for a project on their own. Try to keep a mental distinction between these people, treating them more like contractors who are there to do one job and not team members who could negatively influence the team or project because of their ego.

this is all coming from the perspective of a working user so feel free to ignore it if you feel unpaid development is different

Free help isn't good.
Good help isn't free.
in 99% of cases

I want to make a simplified mouth/animu

am I doing it right in terms of loops?

How do you make a 3D array using a 2D array and a list? The engine I'm using has no support for 3D arrays for some reason.
After looking around, the best I can come up with is:

//initialization_list = new list[z] _array = new array[x,y]//write_list.add(z, _array[x,y])//readz = _list.get(_array.get[x,y])

Am I on the right track, here?

Ok i won't be able to release the test version tonight, Too many bugs to squish

is there a meaning to that image or just because?

I don't understand, I didn't even change anything.

Seems that the positions of the walls changed, but that didn't happen in the actual editor and it's still reporting collisions when I'm walking throught the walls. I enabled "visible collision shapes" and the walls are still there, there isn't anything in the mdidle of the screen. I have no idea what the fuck is happening.

Working on my own proto-Gynoid, what do you think?

no eye slots? how can one see with that thing?

You need to find some good topology reference, but that would work as a mouth, you really should have your form worked out properly before you "worry" too much about topology since it's going to change a whole bunch when you have the whole thing in front of you.

Looks like shit, nice "me too" game fam.

Visor, dude.

Going for the "creepy faceless yet arousing" vibe actually.

Haydee/10

Yeah, the game reminded me of an old concept I had in my head but I didn't have enough skills on 3D modeling then, I hope I can make something less organic in this case.

Is that the TDA Miku Append model?

Not that I expect this to be too much of a problem for puzzle game, but you can still get video hardware acceleration in Java by using the openGL bindings in the LWJGL (which, incidentally, is what Minecraft used).

Ok guys, let's be honest here.

Let's suppose we want to make a commercial release, right? Ok. Now, how we would divide the profit? I mean, what would the most trustful way to share money with an anonymous?

You become un-anonymous with your team mates and hire a lawyer.

Does that works if we are an international team?

Kill yourself.

Impossible, at some point someone who's burned out is going to demand you give them a "fair" share, and if you don't they will demand you remove all their work from your game, you are kind of stuck unless you devise a way to properly quantify who much the work is worth or have someone take lead and decide who will get the most of the money based on their work done.

Hint: if you're the person who started the project and are pretty much the ideas guy, you don't deserve as much as the programmer or artists.

Ok I understand

Be more original nigga it ain't hard

fucking oekaki

Since when are faceless mannequins trademarked by Haydee? if anything Haydee just reminded me of Nova.

The person who starts the game is usually the programmer, the designer, the story writer. Artfags and musicians get added later. In this case the person who starts deserves more than someone else, but it all depends on how much effort everyone's putting.

But like you said there are a lot of people who start a project but are just idea guys. I've seen it even on here where someone was a "team coordinator" or some stupid shit, they did absolutely nothing to make the game, and they deserve nothing.

That's just a refinement of my stance pointing out the things I didn't say because they didn't need to be said.

Meh, consider it an investment. Trading money for time. Hell, if you license an engine, this is what you're doing anyway.

Agreed with the other two, only thing I can think is, if you're looking to spice it up, that the dark gray grippy part and the side of the slide are a little bit bland, but only a little really.

It's better that I reply before any people get angry at you that you just called them idea guys.

Would you consider a language like Smalltalk good for a game "scripting" language? I don't really like Lua, indexes starting at one really trigger my autism.

You can do it with a list of 2d arrays, but you're implementing it wrong.

// create listunsigned x,y,z;list l = new list[z]; // I'm assuming the list is a template-esque type here that only takes and returns objects of the array[x,y] type.for(unsigned i = 0; i

You can use whatever the good goddamned hell you want for a scripting language. The speed differences between any two decent scripting languages, if they even exist, would be entirely negligible. It hardly matters. Use whatever you like and are comfortable with.

But they are idea guys. Otherwise they would be working on their own projects instead of compromising with a bunch of autists on the internet.

Idea guys are like women, no-one cares if you hurt their feelings.

I wouldn't mind teaming up I just haven't seen anything worth teaming up on that is going to be sold.

I've got hiding working. In the game the doors aren't going to be made out of clear glass, this what just the default asset I had on hand. There's also probably going to be the option to crack open the door to peak outside. At the moment it is really rough but I'll polish it once I get some good character animations to work with.

Maybe I misunderstood what you guys meant by "project starters". I thought you were referring to people who design the game and program it, and then later on get other people to help with the assets. But apparently you mean just simply people who gather a group and do nothing.

This is a cool design idea, user. Do you mind if I nick it?

It really isn't actually
Unless it happens to accidentally prevent some cache fuckery there is really no difference
all the elements are loaded sequentially into memory regardless

oh damn I am pretty stupid, I missed the damn FrameIndex all the time - welp at least for the next time I know better and I can start importing those bot thingys soon enough.

what the fuck do you think a multi-dimensional array is? some sort of magic that lies outside of memory?

worked on it a bit more just to get the hang of it, sorry guys if I bothered with that question before.

MD3 Skeletal Animation Test.mp3: my.mixtape.moe/qjccvl.mp4

I use to do some 3d modelling like 5-6 years aback but I fell out of the habit with it. I used a program called Lightwave 3D but it was a student version and I can't shell out for a full version.

Since I've decided to get back involved what's a good free 3D Modelling program I can use?

Blender is breddy good to use, it is actually at this point a 3D suite.

Did they improve the UX of it in the intervening years? It used to be a fucking travesty. You had to already be an expert at blender to use blender.

I assume you mean the GUI part. Well for me personally despite a few flaws here and there I find it much easier to work it before they decided to change the GUI all together. Even better than 3DS Max may I add.

t. former Wings3D user

Seconding Blender. Getting into it is a bit rough, because it's primarily hotkey-based, but once you do get the hang of it, it's great.

In 2011 Blender 2.5 was released which had a major UI overhaul. I haven't

"UX" meaning the GUI yes, but also how well the GUI works, how intuitive it is, etc. The general feel and "lay of the land" if you will. It used to be comparable to the Gimp in terms of how user hostile it was. That was long ago though, like around 2008 maybe.

Oh kurwa I can't write properly, I meant to say with the new GUI changes which was in 2.40 or 2.50 I can't remember exactly anymore that it is much better to work it. Pic related

Ah alright, well Blender has also a consistent File Manager which is not present in 3DS Max (sometimes the file manager looks like that then sometimes like this etc…)

I wonder if people actually model like this. The default viewport layout is shit IMO.

mhm idk, there is another GUI proposition but it has been held back.

I actually modeled a PzKpfw Tiger 1 and ZSU-Shilka 24 that way.

I remember that. It was held back for two reasons. Firstly it would be a gigantic amount of work and Blender 2.x is supposed to be evolutionary, rather than revolutionary. Blender 3.0 will be a complete rewrite of the code, if memory serves. That's when they want to tackle such huge changes. The other one was that while the new UI looked nice, it didn't actually fit all the existing features. That meant that Blender would have to drop features which the developers didn't want.
I highly recommend you to use the screen layouts. You can cycle through them with Ctrl and the left and right arrow keys. When I create a new model the first thing I do is delete all the unneeded layouts that are part of the startup file.

Hmm yeah I understand.
I can only hope that they find a solution in the meantime since between 2.78 and 3.0 is going to take a while.

Generally for modelling or for making the screenshots? To be honest I am pretty comfortable already with that layout even through it's a bit fiddly it's not that extreme like in Wings3D that I have to bring up the context menu every time when I want to move a single piece or so.

hum I forget to mention it, your model looks pretty neato.

Generally. You should know how flexible Blender's UI is. You can split, join and move as many views around as you wish. It's pretty customizable. Blender stores that layout inside your .blend file for when you open the file the next time. You can have as many layouts as you want and cycle through them with Ctrl + Left/Right. If you're only working on the mesh and don't do anything with the UVs, I don't see why the bottom of your screen should waste space for the image editor.
I have one layout for mesh editing (one full screen 3d editor), one for UV editing (horizontal split between 3d and image editor) and one for animation (default animation one).

What's important is that you like your workflow. I'm just pointing out that trying something new might be worthwhile. If you only do what you're comfortable with, you might never find out that an option you're even more comfortable with always existed.

hmm, well I guess I might toy around with that later then. Is there a way to load a UI from another blend file?

Good point when I edit the Meshes I hardly fiddle with the UVs and at that point it is anyway too earlier to consider all the UVs stuff when the Meshes is not well defined at all.

Not that I'm aware of. You can do the opposite though, load another model but don't change the UI (there is a checkbox for that in the open file dialog).

Damn that sucks tbh.

Yeah. You can create a custom startup file though. Open Blender, change everything to your liking and use Ctrl + U.

"wew jetpack" - Speebot

I bet I have to be insanely autistic to enjoy programming.

(checked)
Are the sounds currently placeholder? tbh it sounds quite "mute".

Was god autistic because he liked creating things?

when do we get to test it?
will you release the level creator tools?

Well if programing is not your thing you could give Unreal Engine 4 blueprint or ZDoom decorate a shot, I think there is a few other engines that let you do crap without coding knowledge but those name escapes me.

Some of the sounds are not final

I'm planning to have a playable tech demo soon, need to finish a bunch of features first. No promises regarding a level creator.

Looking forward to it. Really interested in this.

Go for it, I can't deny those trips. ignore the ID difference I'm just at work

Looks fun

Still editing all ingredients, forgot to put the tags and all nutrition value in the text file
im also balancing the cooking formulas
this shit will take quite a while, maybe i will release the test version tomorrow

It's sad how true this image is.

Looks comfy as fuck. I like the jump noise, it's subtle. It's also interesting how once you get the 2nd upgrade you can just fly through the level. Theres probably a lot to the "Start out slow, then gradually get more mobility until you can just breeze through parts you once had to struggle through"

what are you, a shillary voter?

:^)

ded tred?

pepsi bread

we're on page 13, mind as well make new bread

Do you even lurk Holla Forums? Every thread has at least one person using meme magic to make Hillary shit herself.