Best games and way to play them

The title's a mess but didn't know how to phrase it.

What's some of the best older games to play on a PC, Holla Forums? The best way to play them would also be convenient, like Quakespasm for Quake 1 or GZDOOM for Wads and shit. Blood is still locked to GoG being the best way still, isn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/games/bloodcm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BloodCM is the best way to play Blood without fucking around with DosBox to get things just right. moddb.com/games/bloodcm

If you want to go the DosBox route though you've got more control, it's closer to the original way it was meant to be played, and you'll be able to play mods and Cryptic Passage, but honestly I'm sick of trying to get the settings just right.

BLOOD SOURCE WHEN ATARI, YOU FUCKING JEWS

Looks interesting, I'll give it a whirl later.

I have been trying to find the name of the WAD but I cant find it.

DOSBox for Doom and Doom2. If you want to play sourceport mods then and only then will you need something like ZDoom or GZDoom.

Does Shadow Warrior have an acceptable source port?

Play Doom64 Ex, or run it in GZDoom?

How well does DarkXL run?

I haven't heard of this, so I decided to check it out. It's definitely feels different than what I'm used to. I'm not sure about how I feel with the dynamite. There's a bit of a delay to it, but it looks like it has more punch.

Also I'm not sure, but I think cultists dynamite now explodes on impact.

It's different for sure. They had to manually rebuild the entire game blind using Duke3D stuff so they could make it work in eDuke (or something like that) so there are things that didn't transfer over nicely. I've come across a couple of glitches but overall it plays really well if you ask me, especially without the fuss of dosbox settings working for some things and not others.

There's also an HD pack that isn't too intrusive and cleans up some of the muddier textures if you're into that stuff.

Yeah, I prefer to just use dosbox. Some things I've noticed: you move WAY slower, you don't pick up any speed, weapon switch inputs don't buffer while on cooldown after shooting, zombies get back up almost immediately and will get back up after getting pitchfork'd, and cultist dynamite detonates on impact.

The lack of speed really changes things, and (alongside the cultist dynamite) makes it a lot more difficult not to get hit. With how most of the enemies and weapons are designed, you're also probably not going to have a ton of fun unless you are going fast, aswell.

DarkXL is incomplete. There's no telling when it will be finished at this point. It hasn't gone open source yet so it's taking a long while (+5 years IIRC). The website still lists it as alpha but it works pretty well.

That being said, this is from the website:
"* DarkXL is highly playable and mostly complete but it is still an Alpha Build. You may experience crashes or be unable to finish the game."

Got it downloaded alongside lot of other shit. Hopefully it's fun. Can't be fucked to find my disc of Dark Forces.

Can't get the fucker to run, but everything else downloaded does so far. Something about OpenAL.

zdoom/zandronum/gzdoom/prboom+

quakespasm or darkplaces, quakespasms for more a faithful look, darkplaces for more graphical features

either bloodCM or go through DOSBOX hell

AS FOR AS DUKE NUKEM 3D
get eduke32
find the megaton/atomic editon, install it, grab all the GRP files including the addons
throw in into eduke32 and play it
one thing you'll notice

All those games on OP are shit

Bampu

kys

that webm makes me horny

A while ago, some dude posted a shitload of them

I should've saved them, this is the only one I got.

Probably means you need to install it.

How well does SWP work for Shadow Warrior? Is it as easy as grabbing files and running?

Don't know what the fuck happened here.

Download a GOG version. It works just as well and you don't need to stand up.

shit this brings back memories. where can i grab Blood?

You can find it on gog or just grab a torrent somewhere.

Bump.

Shadow Warrior 2

I guess it is older than you at least faggot

If you're playing a DOS game that doesn't have a source port, Boxer is the best way to get the game running. It's the only one I've seen anywhere that can show the MT-32 LCD messages that pop up while playing games. So not only do you get MT-32 audio, but you get to see all the secret messages the programmers put onto its screen. The same thing can be done with DOSBox and an additional program, but you won't have the LCD screen. So this is the best way for MT-32 fags like me.

Looks interesting, thanks user.