Witch3r: Hunt Wild

You mean knocking essential NPCs unconscious?

OP's life: Bait Shitty

Anyway since there isn't any other thread right now
What ending did you get in Blood and Wine and which one is the best one in your opinion?

Yet its still the best RPG in years.

I went to try and get the sister and the vampire to meet up so he'd end the bloodshed. Then let him go. I was going for a bit of a moralfag/canon run so doing what Emhyr asked of me made sense for that run. Next run I'll be doing a more edgyfag, monster slaying run, so I'll kill everything if the game lets me.

Sisters got together, everything fine. Detlaff deserved to die for being such a fucking faggot.

they went with "hand-crafted mini-events" instead, and there are dozens of them. The game contents a lot more content than you can do without outleveling each area, you typically only have to do the main questline and whatever witcher jobs you find along the way.

no excuse for this. (I don't think the combat in any of the witcher games is defensible.) The fun part in hunting monsters is the prep – the fights themselves aren't much fun.

Witcher 3 is not how you spell Underrail or Witcher 2 for that matter

All of them. And they all kinda sucked admittedly in that muh realistic life sucks way
Suppose I'd go for bitch dies, Dandelion gets to fuck a Countessa, and Gerald goes drinking with Regis in peace one.

Witcher 2 is extremely overrated.
It's true that the writing is absolutely stellar, but as a game it falls flat on it's face

How is it overrated, from what I've seen people hate it here

Haven't played B&W yet but I know that this woman is in it somehow and you can either kill her or fug her. I'll choose the one where you fug her.

Also is Witcher 3 complete with DLCs and patches now? Any significant mods? I might download it again

On what fucking planet? Witcher 1 gets a lot of flak sure, but the second one is nothing but fags jerking off over it every single time

I call bullshit. The whole game is built around replaying at least two times so you know what actually happens.
Fair enough. Pick sords and forget anything else not related to muh shield. W3 ain't any better in that regard
I agree and I still stand by calling it superior to 3. The narrative and the story made much more sense then throw some book characters with no introduction and see which one of them is the biggest mary sue.

The option to plow her is unrelated to you plowing her over. enjoy your aids though
Should be.
Minor and cosmetics shit at best.

I played it with a mod that gave me two skill points per level, it felt great.

I see your bait and raise you doubles.

the only reason to play the witcher games is for the story.

wow i guess you're no better than all those numales and sjws playing life is strange then

git gud and play real gaems

any games were i can hunt down monsters and drink beer with my dwarfs bros?

not enough graphics in dorf fortress for you?

i havent tried that one yet.

Not for me. I like 3d graphics and fun gameplay. I don't really care about story as long as the game play is on point.

Why would you bore yourself just to get a story you can watch on youtube? I played planescape torment for the first time and got all the way to finding pharrod before i just couldn't go on. I hear the story is tits so i wanted to play but I'm not going to labor through shit thats not giving me entertainment just for a plot line

What's your alternative? On one hand we're steadily bleeding proper faggots bodies and on the other we've got more and more cancer leaking in.

Dynamic my ass, it just some quick side missions that triggered in certain places that's all. It's a total shit if you intending to 100% the game, and not getting "dynamic" event if game fucks up scripting.
Total cancer and a waste of time. Side missions were much better, since they took actual skill to master and gave reasonable rewards
You can barely climb in GTA V ether, unlike IV and San Andreas. No let's make retarded regdoll shit instead, it sure was worth for all the youtube videos of retardedly smacking MC's face on the wall instead of giving a proper mobility.

Didn't played Witcher 3 tbh, I'm still playing first one, which I like so far. Just came to bitch yet again about GTA V being a dissapointment

Those are fighting words :^)

Gladly

I want to play a GTA game and I've got a 10 year old toaster. What do I play?

shit games, grand theft shit is shit

it looks good

true, combat was utter garbage

Not really. The main story was shit, the only good thing was the little vignettes of mini-stories. What was the shittiest about W3 though was the antagonist. He gets like 10 lines in the game, and there's all this building tension towards a confrontation with the Wild Hunt, and it never happens, they barely even exist in the game

lmao, fucking compromised to say the least. Writing was good if you went with Roche. The other path was CURRENT YEAR all the way, complete cancer

and the gameplay was almost the worst I've ever seen, literally broken.

we're not all 10 year old losers, sorry :^)

Agreed. If you get lucky and manage to do that spinning move that hits three times in half a second a lot you've pretty much won every encounter.

Consider this, Deitlaff is a friend of Regis while the black bitch is a manipulative traitorous cunt.
So if you let Deitlaff kill her, Geralt spends a few weeks in prison and then everything goes back to normal apart from the Duchess being an overemotional retarded bitch and Regis is not hunted in toussant.
If you end up saving her Regis is forced to kill his friend and has to run away but you get your reward and potentially a "happy ending".

zuz

You'll love Witcher 3 :^)

Also, OP…
Since when is this retarded console subproduct a good feature?
Yay! for artificially extending the game playability with useless collectibles. so exciting!

lol

lol this was one the main things they fixed from 2, half the fun i had with the game was getting to places you arent suposed to because the game has that same "grab on anything" like GTA IV did, sounds like you arent gud enough

compared to what? this is the best looking open world game ever made

lol, did you even play this game?

true, its basically the only flaw in the game other than the map not being navigable without the shitty waypoints\minimap

The Witcher 3 is one of the best rpg games ever, if the combat was more hardcore it would be up there with Gothic 2

He's not merely hunted in Toussant, according to the elder sucker he's declared anathema. As in every vampire out there is bound to do him harm. Not a bookfag but W3 Regis proved bro tier and he deserved better.

And if anything I'm just sorry you're not allowed the title of the butcher of Toussant. Serving in prison my ass. I did kill the monster and if that stuck up bitch has a problem with that she can take it up with the Empress apparent.

i blame the weebs

The Unseen one in Toussant only controls the vampires in Toussant and Regis says that the second code of vampires is "out of sight out of mind" so either he lies to Geralt about it or he is telling the truth and that he won't be hunted out of Toussant.

Regis is bro tier in the books too.

Yeah that part of the character is consistent with Geralt. He doesn't kill "innocents" and would rather get jailed. It happens in Skellige too.

I just finished Witcher 2. The game was shorter than I would have guessed. Only three chapters? Also, someone explain to me how the fuck pic related is supposed to look like "a snake slithering across a river bed" and not "a faithful rendition of a lightning bolt"?

Witcher 2 is made to be played twice.
The Iorveth and Roche routes have major differences in quests and characters.

is there NG+ or will I have to start over from the beginning?

Game was rushed, I believe there was going to be an entire fourth chapter but instead they didn't even manage to finish chapter 3. As for the runes, I dunno man, I had to brute force that one. Only like one of those runes actually looked like what it was supposed to be.

You start over

No NG+

Originally it didn't have a playable epilogue but they added it in the enhanced edition on top of major balance changes.
I personally think it wraps up nicely but the problem with it is that you won't even know about some major plot elements if you don't play both routes.

I gave Detlaff a chance. I treated him well and helped him everywhere.
Then the cunt found out that he got tricked and decided to attack a city over his hurt feelings. If you leave him alive I bet the cunt gets some beer spilled on him in novigrad and then decides to war the entire northern kingdoms.

From what I saw of Geralt he has no problems with killing anything that walks, runs or crawls as long as it's for the "right cause". And that cause usually involves arbitrary whims, booze, old mates and plowing.
There's also the bit about avoiding bullshit charges/jail time aka most of Witcher 2.

Doesn't he say something about it being unspoken/unofficial? Pretty sure he's still trying to be a bro and not worry Gerlalt

When has he killed someone over women and booze?

Letho was a fag, he should've just became a vagabond instead of some emperor's work horse. Come to think of it, Geralt is a fag because he's doing the exact same thing. I thought witchers don't give a shit about political affairs? The whole point of going after Letho is moot because Geralt doesn't capture him and make him face trial in order to clear his name. You either let him go or kill him. How do either of those things vindicate Geralt from his charges? On top of this, if you prevent Roche from killing Henselt during the siege on Vergen, then both he and Radovid split Temeria in two. Since Kaer Mohren is in Kadwen, and now half of Temeria is under Henselt's rule, why should Geralt give a fuck about what Temerian courts have to say about his charges as "kingslayer"? He could easily just go back to his fucking temple in the mountains and drink hallucinogenic alcohol and fuck all the bitches he wants until his days are done.

I don't know, the whole game feels like filler. Who gives a shit about the elves and their squabbles with human kingdoms. Who gives a shit about what kings and their courts will do to bitch slap neighboring kingdoms. I thought Geralt was supposed to be a motherfucking monster slayer? All the monster slaying is either side quests or set pieces that have some political implications.

The only person he needs to vindicate himself to is the only surviving ruler of the north i.e. Radovid. Roche vouches for Geralt and in chapter 2 you find that the murderer was hired by lodge of sorceresses which Radovid eats up because he wants to believe it.

By that time Triss has already been kidnapped by the Nilfgardiens so you have another incentive to find the real culprit on top of asking Letho about your past and about Yennefer.

Thats the entire character of Geralt. Both Lambert and Eskel mock him for it.

Admittedly it's usually about sparing someone over women and/or booze. To use a example from W3 how about that maid Bilberry moron? The game doesn't stop you from killing him. It also doesn't stop you from fucking up Dijkstra when he got in your way.

I'm not saying snap and kill everything a'lla Detlaff but in the games at least he's known to push back with extreme prejudice when fed bullshit.

He made a deal with Emhyr to rebuild his school or some shit, apparently he didn't have a temple in the mountains to retire to.

You explained yourself why Geralt doesn't bother capturing Letho, once Temeria gets split up and the whole assassination thing gets outed as the sorceress' fault nobody cares about him being a kingslayer anymore and he does go back to Kaer Morhen, albeit briefly before he sets off looking for Yen with Vesimir. The whole of 2 you're chasing down Letho because it's presumed that Temeria will continue under the rule of John Natalis or someone else, then when the meetings happen at Loc Muinne it all gets swept under the rug by the witch hunts, the nation getting split and the Nilfgaard invasion.

Not even with a rented dick

and that is exactly why witcherfags don't belong here

I never finished it and don't understand the praise. The writing and missions seemed a little better than the usual RPG fare, but there's so little gameplay between every horseback ride going from mission to mission that I eventually got angry that they thought they could take up my time with that and uninstalled. Just another typical nu-game, all about what it looks like and no thought given to gameplay. Gotta get those Youtube Let's Plays looking good, right?

They're shit anyways.
what are quests
what are treasure hunts and smuggler's caches
just like skyrim, right :^)
it's alright
I agree with this

All in all I rate this baitpost a "0/10 didn't even play the game."

I got the 'good' ending in that the cunt survived and I had to kill Detlaff. I don't really know how much I liked that, since I felt like it was ultimately her fault that so many people died. I wound up greatly disliking her and the Duchess by the end, with her endless bitchiness.

Still, ultimately you get a badass boss fight out of the deal and everyone important gets to live happily, so that's okay for me.

It's just Holla Forums's hyper contrarianism at work. The game before last is always the greatest gift man has ever bestowed upon his kin, while the sequel is absolute wank.

Hey did you guys know videogames aren't always super realistic? Crazy right?

There isn't a NG+, this is a fact, I've checked.

So, uh, I haven't read the books. Are they in English? Which book is the first? Where should I start?

Yes.
Start with The Last Wish

How about this one instead?

If you want to reed Moorcock might as well read Corum.

This game and the games you are comparing it to aren't fun for me. I don't like overly cinematic over the shoulder swinging weapons around games. If it's an RPG I want to be zoomed out more making strategic decisions, prefferably turn based. It's just not my kind of game and I don't see how people call it an RPG. It's just mass effect with melee weapons.

You kinda missed the point

Very engaging game

Holy shit I hate this faggot.