So the PS4 has been out for around 3 years now, what's the verdict so far?

So the PS4 has been out for around 3 years now, what's the verdict so far?

Personally I don't think it's worth buying one yet, especially when they start jewing with things like the PS4 Pro, which potentially can make non Pro versions of future PS4 games even more unoptimized. If it fails to sell it might even get its own exclusives. It also doesn't bode well when the PS4 is starting to lose exclusives like Nier: Automata to PC.

It's a castrated PC with few games. There are a few that look cute, but not nearly enough to go through the hassle of buying, setting up and maintaining another system.

Feels weird. The impact this gen made is so small it's barely registered and it feels like the consoles just came out.
Then I remember were getting "updated" versions of both of the consoles in the coming few months and it's even weirder.
It'll be even weirder once the updates come out and the difference is even smaller.

I bought one for Japanese games. Got it for 250. I expect there will be enough JRPGs and VNs to come out for it. That's all I want from it.

The only people who "ps4 has no games" are people with a gaming PC.

No gaems.

The game you've posted is coming out on PC.

Wait seriously? I have yet to see anything of note happen about it.

Well, they've announced ps4.5, that's something of note, right?

And? Do you think everyone has a gaming PC? Besides I prefer playing Tales on a console.

What the hell is a ps4.5? Do they sell you half a PS4 to go with it?

You don't need "gaming" PCs to play whatever it is you posted.

Paid online, nips not embracing the PS4, console multiplats dying, xbone sharing its exclusives with PC, the Wii U being abandoned and now "upgraded" versions might be it.

I don't think it will be worth buying ever, if you can borrow one for a few weeks to play Bloodborne you've just gotten the most PS4 will ever offer.

The PS4 pro comes out on November 10th, and yes it will probably sell out with people fighting over systems like the original PS4 release.

I don't pirate, so to me physical PS4 games are better than steam ports. Don't own one yet, but it's a definite buy for me at this point.

List of things to do/acquire before PS4:

At this point, I'll buy a PS4 at the end of the 8th generation. Same as I did with my PS3.

What are your favorite Jap games on it thus far?

Will the PS4 Pro be causing deaths this Thanksgiving?

Yes.

Living room TV consoles are dead. Killed by smartphones and tablets. Kids now play on the latter and they are still the main video game audience.
So Android and iOS are now the most popular video game platforms by sheer numbers.
It doesn't help, that 8th gen is basically mobile tier hardware which was already outdated in 2014. You can't sell "powerful core games" to your audience, when your hardware barely manages 30 fps.

Well it's 2016, I don't have a PC anymore. I do have a laptop that I use as a mediaplayer ofcourse.

Anyway the PS4 is cheap as fuck and runs Japanese games. It's perfect for my use case. Mileage may vary.

The only appealing game on the list to me was Nights of Azure, and rather wait for a Vita translation than pick a PS4 up for.

It's the best console this generation, but considering the entire fucking gen, that's not saying much.

You know that these marketing events are staged by shills?

Prove it.

Yeah, right, like big AAA titles coming out close to Christmas.
Cool tinfoil hat.

Honestly, I still boggles my mind that the PS4 has been out so long. It still seems fresh to me, probably because there is still only one decent game for it that I'm interested in and even then that game isn't even the best of the series IMO. The Wii U, of all fucking things, still has the best library and it's already dead. This generation has been a fucking disaster. I haven't even upgraded my PC since this generation started. WTF is going on with the industry ATM.

I have a laptop with Intel graphics. It runs all good games that got released until 2007. There are no good games beyond that date.

Video Game Crash incoming…

Fallout 4 came this year

Nice try, John Smith.

If you keep telling yourself that and pray every night maybe it will actually come true.

The signs are already pretty obvious. My nearby electronics store replaced their huge video game shelves with vinyls, because there is nothing worth stocking.
Nobody will fight there over a PS4 Pro in November.

Everything goes in cycles so it's bound to happen whether you try to meme it or not.

That's a great argument bro.

No games

According to the shop manager I spoke to, normalfags stopped buying vidya and started buying vinyl again. A general electronics store can't survive on hipsters and nerds/NEETs, so they had to adjust the sales mix.
One thing I'm pretty sure is that the "most lucrative entertainment industry" can't suvive without normalfags. So interesting times ahead.

The AAA business model is becoming unsustainable, market expansion has reached the maximum, it's saturated by games that are copies of each other, and in turn copies of four or five popular franchises, and budgets still keep swelling.

The first time I heard about a video game crash was in 2009, it's been almost a decade and yet no crash, you see signs like video game shelves disappearing as a sign of a crash, when it's more plausible that more people are ordering their games from online retailers or digitally overall, or are simply choosing to use dedicated video game outlets that offer rewards systems and release events, the same dedicated video game outlets I've seen multiples of in a single mall, must be failing if they think it's smart to have 2 within walking distance of eachother in the same fucking mall. PEople who say crash make me laugh, sure I will stop laughing if it actually crashes but it's not crashing, not now, not tomorrow not next year, and more than likely never again.

in bubbled cycles, but they don't crash they merely deflate, adventure games "crashed" with the release of Bonesablanca or whatever that game was called, yet new adventure games continued to come out after it's release and do well financially people say that 3d platformers crashed but in the area of time they were supposed to be dead the best 3d platformer came out and then got an equally good sequel shortly after. trends change that's about it.

When's the last time the film industry crashed?

Who even buys that shit, it's hipster audio medium, Can you even tell the difference between Vinyls and

You mean the overly agressive model of AAA with annual releases is becoming unsustainable, no fucking shit, but the companies themselves already know this, they have diversified libraries and are changing their tactics to adapt, no crash, a slow change sure but no crash.

It will probably not crash completely but there will be change. Hopefully for the better.

lel

They're just looking for more ways to Jew consumers, it's why day 1 DLC and microtransactions are being pushed, they have no idea how else to make money, blockbuster AAA shit is all they can make anymore.

They will suffer heavy setbacks once budgets exceed the kind of profits the market can provide, and we are quickly reaching that point. Also, as consumers get fatigued with the same shit and start catching on more and more sales will suffer further.

How many blunders do you think Ubisoft can survive before nobody wants to buy their shit anymore?

There will be no 1929-style scenario, investors will simply pull money out of the industry and we will see huge layoffs and cost-cutting measures like moving gamedev to East Europe and India.
Like Star Citizen does now.

Either that or they'll all move to mobile and f2p.

sitting out of this console gen was a good idea it seems.

There won't be another one.

I bought my ps4 because of bloodborne, I don't regret buying it, but I did assume more games would come out eventually.

I'm someone who did prefer the simplicity of console gaming in the past, but you no longer get a guarantee that the game will be instantly start and be stable when you put the disk in. There's now just as many bugs/updates as pc gaming, but without the ability to fix them yourself like you can on pc. Also pay to play online subscriptions really hurt the replay of older online games, I'm not going to pay for an entire month of internet access to play an old game for a weekend.

I wish it would be considered the KOFXIV machine instead of the Bloodborne machine.

You think so?
Whys that?

nice

kek

People have always said that hardware can't get more powerful. And they have always been proven wrong.

hahaha oh wow, actual normalfags

Did you know there are people out there with different tastes in gaymes?

I'm buying a ps4 pro when it comes out just for DOA: xtreme 3 VR experience, but I don't see why someone would buy a pro if they already have a normal one since they're the same shit

this list is sad and it feels like it was made by a sony employee

It's a list of all the ps4 games if you're wondering

Why would Sony hire someone to make them look bad?

Only technically.

Not him but I'd predict one more generation that flops across the board and then M$ pulling out entirely (this is why they're pushing win10 gaming now). PS4 sales were only so high this generation because people are so used to owning consoles. Unless something amazing happens nobody will care next time around. Kids are actually not the major market for most devs: the semi-casual 'core' gamers are. Most of these people have moved to Steam or ASSFAGGOTS style shit.

And kids are on mobile. Maybe Nintendo manages to pull through to the next generation, but I highly doubt the NX is going to make any significant splash on the market. They'll likely move to mobile like everyone else is doing and Jew the shit out of the costumers.

Just wait until the ps5 is coming out. by then you'll be able to get a pspro with games and VR bundled

Honestly tho better off just getting a good computer that can handle VR and get the real deal

This too. Your true casual dudebros will stick around for sports/racing and CoD but a console cannot survive on them alone since they only pick up a few games a year. People that consistently buy multiple games a year (core gamers) are surprisingly limited in number and they're the real money makers. The real reason for recent SJW pandering is simply to try and replace the core gamers they've lost but again SJWs are another group with a very small cap on how much they'll buy in a year.

I actually suspect pure handhelds will survive as a niche product for a good while yet. By their very nature phones don't have a great interface for complicated vidya and quality control is a real problem.

It's mostly just a KoF XIV machine for me.

It's hilarious how much like comics this is turning out to be. Publishers piss off core consumers that have supported them for years with greedy Jewish strategies, only to find out that a dwindling population of people that actually buy games left can't keep them afloat, thus their attempt to replace said people with leftist filth.

It won't work here same as it didn't work in comics. Whether publishers will see reason and change their course is to be seen. Ubisoft is already behaving like Marvel and DC, chasing down the rabbithole at an increasing pace.

I suspect they won't realise until it's too late. The key point they're missing is one autist is worth multiple normal customers because he'll happily spend inordinate amounts of time and money on a hobby. They're also much more loyal. Selling a game on hype/marketing alone means you will lose out to a game with bigger hype (see: Rise of the Tomb Raider). It also forces you to spend the same massive amount on generating hype for the sequels. Selling a game on quality costs more initially but generally means you'll sell no matter the competition and also means reduced spending for marketing with sequels. In fact the more often you turn out a good game the greater this effect is to the point where companies with great track records can safely release shit any time.

So, what happened to Deep Down?

Nights of Azure. JPN degeneracy at it's finest.

They can't risk one more generation.
So they will carefully rerelease and update their PC-based consoles in one to three year cycles. The older hardware will get deprecated after three to five years and not launch newer games, the newer one will run the older games. Just like with Windows 10, the name won't change. It's Xbox One forever.

Ha yeah that's true. I've got a laptop plugged in via HDMI to the TV for media but I sometimes play old games on it.

I would not shed a single tear over the death of triple A/mainstream gaming.

Less games then WiiU.

I mean, P5 means it will have 1 game soon, but that apparently just 0.5 games since UPDATED RERELEASE is a given from what i heard.

I got a ps4 just for Bloodborne.

is that list real? are there literally 10 ps4 exclusives that can't be played on any other console? just fucking 10, seriously?

Here is the list of games I have.
DOA:LR: It's alright but I don't pay for PS+ so I don't have online which kill the value of fighting games in my eyes
Digimon Slut: didn't finish got bored.
FFT-0: didn't play much and learning about the tumblr speak will make me not to buy any localized SE game.
Akiba Strip : got bored didn't finish
Nu Doom: alright but didn't finish.
Natural Doctrine: Beautiful game and my most enjoyed one.
Exist archive jp version:got bored didn't finish.
Overall shit system and mall selection of games 2/10

I know three guys who bought one solely for GGxrd Revelator and KOFxiv. I borrowed a ps3 for xrd and am hoping that it and KOF comes to PC sooner rather than later. Guess I'll have to just grin and bear waiting for blazblue cf a bit longer, but rev can't be too far off, and KOF just really should be on PC as soon as possible because China demands it.

Meanwhile the dual shock four is best ing replaced by them every other fucking day since the d pad wears out so easily.

Also I don't have to pay for online with a ps3, so I laugh in their faces for that at least, while they mock me for not having kof

Wait, is it 1976 again?

Bought one for Xrd Rev as well.

PS4 is a Fitanmusheen.

It's more like they had to keep their rate of profit increasing and so looked to open new markets. The 'core' market only ever increased over the decades, and standard businesses practice of cutting costs and screwing consumers certainly didn't or hasn't driven them away in large enough numbers, really. The switch from 'dead gamers' to SJWs was pretty recent and desperate, and was more of an attempt to incorporate a new market into an old one (the gamer was "relabelled" mostly, and only small numbers were turned off). It probably won't last that long, and was not a plan to stop aiming their product at their usual audience.

Stopped reading there.

THIS
AAA Gaming past 2007 is fucked up and not worth the investment.
Even with that, most worthy games released after 2007 can be played with a Intel HD 4000 GPU or higher.

ftfy

I hate games being exclusive to PS4 for no reason, like this, Persona 5, and like Nier Automata used to be.

You could have played Digimon Slut, Akiba Strip, Natural Doctrine and Exist Archive on a Vita or PSTV, saving you lots of money and getting comfy as fuck in the process

Final Fantasy Type 0 is better played With PPSSPP on a PC with the Fan Translation. It may be playable soon on the Vita as PSP CFW is supposedly coming out soonish.

Well it has some shit exclusives like The Order and Omega Quintlet that aren't there for a reason.

Persona 5 isn't exclusive to the PS4. It's on PS3 as well.

Do we have a ps3 list? I've been getting one and snapping up all the gud games before they become super expensive.

PS3 piracy is a thing, you know.

damn, i fucked up, sorry

I have 2 pirated vitas. PS4 will be used for Gundam Versus. Bought p3 for dragon's crown but their new game are is huge downgrade. Maybe will get used nioh cause they dump it down and used super robot wars v. It will not be entirely useless and hopefully ape escape will happen.

Playing games on a small screen is stupid.

get the PSTV then, there's something for everybody

I hate sony taking games clearly intended for the vita and passing them off as ps4, then preventing vita version in west or making them digital only.

They're trying really hard to sell PS4s in the west. It pisses me off more than making me want to buy a PS4.

how could that be pissing you off? Isn't that a good promise?

It's not trying to make good games for their system, just grabbing whatever from inferior hardware because it'll run.
It's like what if all PC devs did was port console shit or if Nintendo attempted to fuse handheld+console just to keep doing 3DS tier games.

Why doesn't the second pic have Neptunia in it? It's one of the few new IP's that became popular during the 7th gen, and it all started in PS3.

it may be popular, but is it good? i never played it, so i can't tell. you could just add it yourself.

Its moeblob the JRPG with some cutesy/funny/lewd dialogue user, thats pretty much it

Its ok I own one due it being a gift and its good only for Bloodborne and nip games everything else I play on pc.

wikipedia org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games
wikipedia org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games
wikipedia org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_software#Games

Today's consoles are a joke

It's the best way to play Destiny right now.

Kill yourself

Total failure. I was waiting for some gaems to show up as I don't want to spend all that plus online fees just for Bloodborne but gave up waiting. Got a 1080 instead, enjoyed dood at 144fps, and have been playing my backlog.

Fuck right off, faggot.

well, i guess the problem is that most people are to lazy to pull out +800 Dollars out of their ass to play mostly unoptimized PC games, and rather have a comfy 300 Dollar Machine to play some multiplats at 30fps, even if it ends up being worse/more expensive in the long run.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that Bloodborne and Ace Combat 7 will remain stuck on this turd for years until someone figures an emulator.

You cant be this dense

It was actually pretty good. I think what improved the experience was playing on nightmare where glory kills (other than at critical health) are more risk than reward so I learned not do them. Felt much more Doomy after just avoiding that whole mechanic.

You know that the Glory kills are just one of the many reasons the game is mediocre shit, right?
And that the chainsaw is still a thing even on the max difficulty?

Except they neglect the online fees over the course of a console's lifespan. For last gen 360s that was about an extra $500.

I only used the chainsaw a couple times as I almost never ran out of ammo. I almost exclusively used rockets which are pretty efficient.

Projection

You can't be this dense.

its not even glory kills that ruin the game
its the retarded bullet sponge/10 enemies that take ridiculous amount of time to kill along with the abusive ai on enemies that rely on melee, a railguard literally fucks them over
along with the ridiculously slow progression that only picks up after HALF the game that does not warrant a second playthrough and the arena like killfest that isn't hordes of enemies due to the inherit engine/game limitations along with ridiclously oversaturated red across the screen that only gets dulled by grays when indoors
along with shared ammo that doesn't really fit with the arsenal of totally-not-unreal weapons being used
along with the height being raised to always be >double jump into ledge grab
right after you get granted the ability to double jump, it really slows down the game even more when traversing levels, its not just a simple double jump from platform to platform
its double jump into slow/slightlylessslow ledge grab onto platform

the game also depending on which cutscene locks the framerate to 60, i thought this is THE id tech engine

I didn't have a problem with this. 3-5 upgraded remote triggering rockets seems to kill anything like in the original. Worst case, the chaingun in turret mode kills anything that isn't a boss in a couple seconds. Remember things take more damage on the head.
I thought it was fine other than for the first level dragging on (gj on making that one the demo, Bethesda)
Yeah, and the enemy spawn groupings are pretty uninspired and get especially tiring near the end.
Didn't notice a problem with the color other than that they were sliding dark colors up to prevent issues with HDTVs (console bullshit). Still, I've never seen a prettier game. The only bad thing here was the temporal AA blurs the fuck out of things but the alternative is sparkles everywhere. I went with sparkles.
The MP stuff? MP is a loss. Just pretend it isn't there. It's sad because all they needed to do was just let us deathmatch in the game as-is like the original but they spent a ton of effort burying MP in bad.
I assume it was their speech/mouth animation system not upgraded to handle it seeing as all the other mocap stuff not during speech segments had no problems at 144hz. Was annoying but at least there's not much of it.

If your statement was true it would be possible to play burned discs on modern consoles like it was on the Dreamcast.

How ironic.

If you have a laptop, you have to factor that into the cost of the console.
Plus, there's tons of $300-400 gaymen builds that can run modern games ABOVE console level (console level is 720p-960p 30 fps ultra low settings), most $400 builds can do 1080p 60fps medium settings

Sony is shilling out for that PSVR stuff on AC7, there's an extremely large chance that it'll be exclusive because of that.

He's right though. PC games turned into pure cancer.

Nope, sorry, you are the cancer.

NO GAMES

So then tell me, what's so great about region-locked 100 GB Denuvo Downloads tied to 9000 online accounts?

That they're still less restricted than hardware DRM consoles.

Just not a lot of games worth paying for a 300 dollar system. Right now I can only games I would buy a ps4 for are atelier sophie and star ocean 5. There are other games I'm interested in as well, but they're all still in development, and I'm not gonna pay 300 bucks for eventual games. Check again when the system is only 150 empire dollars

You're joking, right?
You know that PC has a DRM which prevents me from launching Wolfenstein TNO.
Completely. Even if I rightfully own it.
While the "Hardware DRM" doesn't even know where I am.

off the top of my head…
Mods
Backward compatibility
Changeable resolution
Changeable framerate
Changeable graphic settings to get rid of eye cancer
widest array of emulators
easier to pirate on
multiple monitor setup

Thank god you can just pirate that shit

It sure does if you're connected to the internet

It's pretty clear at this point that this is the worst console generation in over 33 years.

worst it what ways

When the NES entered the market the gaming landscape became PC, Atari and NES all offering different games and specializing in different genres.

Fast forward to (current year) and you have PC, PS and XB all offering the same experience with much fewer titles on the consoles and only Nintendo still doing something different and not directly competing with PC.