Alternative game sites

Are there any game forums or game news sites like Holla Forums? And by that I mean same opinions, view points, tastes, etc. Preferably fast enough that you can just sit down and have conversations hours on end.

As far as I've seen RPGcodex is like Holla Forums, except ALL the users are older than 30 and haven't enjoyed a recent game in a decade
Lots of pissing and shitting

Bay12 comes to mind. Better to find group of fa/tg/uys and stay in contact with them.

gamespot, gamefaqs, /r/games
thinking that these r shit is a common misconception
give them a try they are very nice

Fromv what I remember RPGcodex really praised Bastard Bonds

You're only shot is RPGcodex.

theisozone's forums has a pretty decent userbase and threads, at least by traditional moderated forum standards. Lots of users seem to be older than 30 as well, and many conservatives / redpills.

christcenteredgamer comes to mind.

I'm pretty sure the reception was that it was good for a tiny indie game, but would never be considered a great game

RPG codex is pretty good.

No, it's the perfect example of why reddit should just fuck off.

Seconding this, it's inhabited by the same social outcasts that go to imageboards. People calling eachother niggers and faggots without the mods giving a single fuck. I feel right at home there.

only RPGcodex

also ignore
he's a massive faggot

I haven't played the game myself so I can't really tell, but I think they really liked it, either that or everyone was just going full ham with the lewd ocs.

/vr/
/svidya/
/fighters/

there's nothing. even if you manage to find something nothing beats the chaos and freedom of speech you get here.

Nichegamer

The Codex is the only one that springs to mind.

Nichegamers been infiltrated, been posting some pro social justice stuff on their twitter lately and talking about "boosting the narrative". They are lost.

I just looked and I didn't find anything, got any links?

Kill yourself

Give examples because I haven't seen anything.

I like occasionally lurking Sega-16 or Dreamcast talk.

There is nowhere left on the internet to talk about video games that hasn't been stained by chans. Everywhere seems to be infested with memes, Holla Forumstards, children with no taste, and no actual discussion about games.

At least on Holla Forums sometimes someone will have good taste. Sometimes.

I have wanted to start a Holla Forums-friendly forum for a while, but I'm ridiculously busy. There's a real lack of decent gaming forums, what with the only big ones being shit like SA and Neogaf.

This satisfies both categories. The owner is autistically anti-censorship too, so nothing really gets deleted.

where???

Forums have the problem that date of registration and postcount number will become just another form of status symbol should the userbase become big enough.
You'll get retards spamming shit into the offtopic board simply to make their postcount rise and be take more serious by others, and not simply be looked over becasue they have only 10 posts.

Web forums are inherently flawed. What you see on SA and Neofag is the inevitable result of forum culture, no matter how noble your intentions at the start. If you want to see examples of what happens to Holla Forums without anonymity, just look at some of the spinoff communities like the plug.dj, discord, or infinity.moe. The same patterns of faggotry emerge, without fail.

They can be removed, thankfully.

I don't know man, SA used to be good once upon a time. I think it might be possible to extend a forum's "golden age" with the right measures.