pastebin.com/9XJ4fbm0

randomcountry.gbasood.net/

Today in History October 12

Other urls found in this thread:

eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_J2_Y-DNA.shtml
mediafire.com/file/y0y5mwc9iyakpsh/Monumenta Iaponiae Historica ver.0.684.rar
mega.nz/#!QpdmxRIB!Zwv7dpk1io-L3qk5dIEQ-Ac5gRxgaVtg0RJ2KCov3Xw
eu4wiki.com/Downloadable_content
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-28-easing-executions.975223/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OY!

So probably next GSG released by Parajews will be Victoria 3

Post your ideas how they will fuck it up

What are your thoughts on the latest HOI4 dev diary?

Wew its fucking nothing

Also >blitzkrieg planing
What the hell is this

A paid feature

Africa colonizing Europe.

A buttload of DLC and Vanilla being historically inaccurate again.

EU 3 or EU 4?

4 with all the dlc

Is it time to update the picture in the OP?

You can bet your asses.

EU3, don't listen to the shills

EU3 has less features than 4

Sure is sweden.

EU4 with Veritas et Fortitudo.

ftg

Do you want to be a wizard?

The Czechs get uppity and declare war on me every 50 years or so, and it always ends like this. How many times will I have to bully them before they learn their lesson?

Since when more features mean better game?

More like girl who would just end up a frustrated teenager well into her 20's whilst falling for the progressive meme, only to see the error of her foolish ways when Mgombe Bwa*clicking sound*'matumbe decides she is his next fucktoy and after he's had his way with her… The poor girl lies under a pile of rocks, half-dead, realizing she should've studied something useful like chemistry or electronics instead of women's studies and other progressive kikery.

Isn't that exactly what I said?

That is hilarious.

Don't worry about the shills. I don't plan to spend any money.

Which one is better in vanilla though?

Both are shit in their own special way, specially vanilla.

Ok. Well if both are shit let me be more specific with my question. I value tedious complexity and micromanagement above anything else when it comes to slow-paced strategy games. Which game is more autistic?

Johan?

With what and why?

I fucking hate you Paracucks.

Has anyone here tried Rights of Man already?

Is EU4 with Rights of Man cracked yet?

Jesus, both in their own ways kek

But I guess if you're going for vanilla, try both. That's what I'd do. Start by EU3 with all DLC.

Yeah I use RezMar's only downside is that he didn't make the dlc alone available.

On a scale from 1 to shit, how much does it fuck the game up?

In May you got shitted on when talking about EU4.
During the summer no one even talked about EU4.
For the last two weeks you can't stop talking about it.
Please go back to halfchan.

Don't worry the next DLC will fix and balance everything! And this time it will only cost you $59.99!

Huh good question thus far it seems decentish? I've only played 'til 1601 as Daymio so I can't say anything about the Prussian Government, Greatpowers, Harem etc.
Leader and ruler traits seems nice same for the spouse regency.
I think I like the institutions better though I'm not sure if those research penalties won't go to extreme in the late game considering that you can't "embrace" all of them.

Both have their charm, honestly. EU4 is flashier, has more features, better map, and more flavour, but is casual as hell and has worse core gameplay than EU3. Best to play both

FTG.

Kebab is now in process of being removed with the aid of my Orthodox Crusader friends.

I'm just going to hope that someone releases a mod randomizing where innovations spawn.

May pius mujaheeden smite you with the help of Allah you filthy kuffar

I fucking hate when that happens,and it'll only get worse from there. Prepare for blue bully to smack your shit in endgame

My real interest is in Crusader Kings and darkest Hour. But I feel like covering every time period in between, so I wanted to play through one of the EU games and one of the Victoria games before I start Darkest Hour. Basically, I don't plan to linger on EU for that long so it's only going to be one or the other. I think I'll go with EU 3

The Black Sea is totally sealed up with vassals, it's beautiful. When you're done reclaiming the East, are you going to turn West and reclaim the empire's borders, or are you going to go East in Alexandrian style so you don't have to fight Christians, and also because fuck Persia?

MY PHOS HILARON IS SO RADIANT, I SEE FEAR IN THE EYES OF HEATHENS AND HERETICS ALIKE.

Gonna try and strike a PU with Spain (If I don't get bored first), they hold a very special place within my heart and I would never want to hurt them.

Both EU4 and EU3 are good in their own ways. I'm not sure about the state of CK2 right now, but I didn't like it much because I had little to no mechanics, everything revolved around making yourself a king through either simple conquest or striking a union with a big fish, as well as the killing of shitty heirs and family; DH I've never played.

The east is way easier right now since Northern Italy is still part of the HRE (I think, not sure; I haven't checked yet). The Maghreb is divided and the Mamelukes are retarded anyways, so I'm gonna make a nice benis that's gonna reach the Indian Ocean through Iraq and take Egypt all for myself, reach the Atlantic through Morocco and vassalize Ethiopia.

I don't think I'm gonna fuck with the Persians since there is no Persia as of yet, just a bunch of shitty post-Ilkhanate Arab-ruled states; the Timmurids didn't even stand a chance to them which is a shame.

Yet again I modified the game and the changes didn't get implemented into my TRE-BYZ save. Been thinking about restarting once I make a big list of the stuff I've modified and want to modify (Also making the Timmurids a legitimate threat, Tamerlane didn't fuck around after all; he could've been a good opponent for both BYZ and Trebizond). It's been fun.

When will Paradox stop adding pointless shit that doesn't do anything and add actual fucking content?

meanwhile
meanwhile
wat do? How likely is the AI to make naval invasions in this game? I want to move Caesar's huge army into the balkans and move southward to clean house, but I'm worried about leaving Sicily and Italia undefended. The only other forces in the region are 2 legions in Rome. Also naval attrition in this game seems brutal. My fleet took forty hits just sailing around the boot. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong?

What patch? Do you have all the DLCs?

What game is this?

Can I play CK2 pirated multiplayer?

You will understand when you learn to read.

It is usually possible for Paradox games, even the newer ones.Just go to the Russian site and download the cracks to be sure.

Fuck, there's not torrents for 2.6.2

What makes you people so dumb?

Latest update from steam
Just Birth of Rome

Why does this matter?

Alea Jacta Est

How would that even work, theologically.

No one has uploaded the game anywhere with more tan just Birth of Rome.

I wish that game had grand campaign.

The patriarch under the instruction of the Emperor calls a crusade to help restore the empire?

Oh, well I bought it. Just happened to get Birth of Rome first for the shorter campaigns.

If you mean like a continuous game from Sulla to the Year of the four emperors, I don't see how that would work. The scenarios in the base game are all pretty big.

If you buy the rest please do upload it somewhere and post it in the threads.

I wish I wasn't a total retard and figure these games out. I want to play To End All Wars so much.

Oh shit, could you post an upto date install onto the share thread please? i uploaded just about everything from Slitherine onto the share threads except for AJE, ive been inbetween jobs and unable to keep uploading them.

When i got income rolling again im gonna start buying direct from Slitherine/Ageod and start uploading again.

It's pretty fucked for one reason atm.

Pic related

Reposting from the general on halfchan
top kek

Kill yourself.

Should I do it?

What do you mean?
Last time I played EU4 before 1.18 was when Common Sense came out.

Kill them

You don't know much about Japanese history, do you?

I started as the Otomo, Japan is already catholic question is should I go protestant?
If spain hadn't allied themselves to the ottomans I would have released Jerusalem.

Maybe I just act like Nestorianism really did show up in Japan?

I can't tell what you're trying to showcase in your pic

I think he is trying to use the VeF mod, but it is not working?

VeF is not updated to 1.18

My point exactly.

Ottomans released 15 vassals as an overreaction to their overextension, essentially crippling them for the game since they'll have no diplomat points to use.

I completely forgot how shit EU4 is with mana and vassals

I took horn of Africa and Persia since it would be a shame for Byzantium not to partake in the colonization rush or if it didn't get cheap spices, and to limit Russian influence in central Asia somewhat. I also took black sea coast because I didn't want Russian fleets to ever interfere, and because it forces half the world to send their goods through Byzantium, unless they want to take a major detour by land. Arabia was also taken because of spices and coffee, but mainly to remove southern front and because the arab were fucking pests that kept DoWing me whenever they (wrongly) thought I was weak. Hungar was taken because it's rightful Roman clay (Pannonia) and because it's strategically important. Liguria wasn't taken because Genoa had colonies in Americas, and EU3 is utterly fucking retarded with capital conquering. Islam had been almost eradicated, and heretics are shitting their pants whenever they as much as see a purple colour. Seeing as how Byzantine scientific progress left the rest of the world about 10 techs behind in every field, I expect the empire to restore its ancient borders by the first half of 20th century, if not sooner.

Please rate.

Now play MEIOU

gj, should've taken Gibraltar to make Mediterranean into a roman pond once more.

It's been a while since I played with mods, so I forget - was it MEIOU or Death&Taxes that had utterly broken hordes ("lol I control your province for two weeks, so it defects to me by event :^)") and a religious minorities system that added a shitload of modifiers to pretty much every province in game? Because that shit didn't make the game more fun or even more challenging, it just made it tedious as fuck as I wait in endless war with some ridiculously overblobbed horde until I get more colonists, or waste priests endlessly converting a few provinces only to get fucked by reformation later, so that I can start all over again with that shit.

I figured I'd take France before starting on Spain, seeing as how the french never managed to get their shit together, but ran out of time

Also, Stellaris added elves

Sweet. I just became the birthplace of colonialism. Time to civilize some savages.

Maybe it was MEIOU but other version of it, the province bullshit doesnt happen o nthe last versiona but the religous minorities province effect still are there, but i didnt had problems whit it, you can get rid of those by provincial decisions

You can't colonize before getting that?

that's some bullshit if you can't colonize before 1503.

You can colonize before that, in fact, you need to colonize in order to get colonialism to spawn in your country. All it does is start the tech penalty for those who hasn't embraced colonialism yet.

I'm sure there was a mod for them already. In fact I even remember seeing naked elves mod on loverslab a few months ago

Paradox is really creative these days huh

How is the most recent version of CK2? I haven't played since 2.4.4 but have heard good things about Reaper's Due with all the customisation you can do. I heard that 2.5 fucked the game up quite a bit which put me off for a while.

I haven't played it either, because it looked like one huge meme fest, but surprisingly, or maybe not, even people here seem to like it.

Is it really that bad? I saw the picture in a previous thread mentioning cats but it didn't seem that bad.

Maybe it wasn't about the DLC itself, I am doubting myself, but every time we had new notes they were fucking retarded with shit like zombies.

The unpopular coalition and shattered retreat mechanics are now an option that you can turn off before you start a game, and it won't affect achievements or ironman.

I'm playing through it now but it's my first time playing through a paradox game so I can't compare it to anything. It's basically sit around and wait sim."

It's from Reaper's Due. The context is that people are blaming the spread of plague on cats and if you choose not to burn all the cats, people start getting restless. Then you get an option to go and and explain that cats aren't spreading the plague. Also you get an option to adopt a cat and you get the "pet cat" trait.

Reaper's Due made the game a bit harder, added a prosperity system and most important of all the patch massively improved performance.

That's not so bad. I might give it a try then. There were a lot of complains that it was being made more like EU4 but it looks like that's been toned down now.

how the hell do the institutions in eu4 work? the patch notes don't tell me anything meaningful.

inb4 magic

Made more like EU4 in what way?

Just shattered retreat and coalitions.

shattered retreat is gay as fuck but you can turn it off as you start a new game

All institutions have a date and secondary conditions fr them to appear e.g. Rennaissance 1450 and a capital or >20 development province in Italy.
After appearing every nation will get +1% research penalty up to +50% per instituiton if not embraced.
To embrace an institution it must have spread to atleast 10% of your development only whole provinces count after that you can embrace them by spending cash, if you let it spread to more provinces it get's cheaper. shit sounds like a disease I can see it already, 1.19 new institutions feminism and multiculturalism introduced**
Each institution has different conditions for spreading some count for all, neighbour province has instituion, others, is protestant/reformed for printig press, are specific.
Every time you develop a province of you raise the progress of the oldest/highest on the list non embraced institution.

While we are talking about CK2 I should tell people to check out the Nova Monumenta Iaponiae Historica mod.

How long does the turn calculation take?
I've been trying to get into Pride of Nations but 5min per turn in a 1680 turn game is killing me.

So are Paracuck's patches worth grabbing/pirating/whatevering? Is EUIV fixed?

Never will be.

Are the Elves racially pure?

Rights of Man is alright I guess

So I boated Caesar over to Illyria and took back Lissus. I left a legion and auxiliary unit in Sicily and took the 2 legions from Rome with me east. Of course as soon as they fucking land a bread riot breaks out, so I'm bringing the legion from sicily into Italy, as well as building a legion in Rome. Spain is still shit. Marc Antony took way too many casualties and is sitting on his fat ass sucking up all my reserves. I split his army and marched 3 legions to take emporiae while he hopefully recuperates. I don't really understand the reinforcement system too well. Thinking about instead of one or two huge armies, I break up my legions in Spain into a bunch of 1 to 2 legion forces to take the northern provinces. The big armies are a bit of a hassle to manage, and the enemy keeps attacking with much smaller units.

Yeah when I get a chance, my internet is kind of shit right now

30-45 seconds, its nothing too bad.

Also to any ageod vets, what exactly does attaching a commander to an individual unit do? Aside from any traits the commander might have, I mean. I'm getting a shit ton of generals that I'm not doing anything with, so I've just been attaching them to units.

I haven't played Alea Iacta Est but in other ageod games units get bonuses from both stack and unit leader. That bonus is determined by offensive and defensive rating of leader.

Only until they meet niggers

Upon further experience in RoM I have concluded, it's not alright, I will now make an autistic pros and cons list
Pros:
These are all new, and good.
Who cares?
I'm not even sure if this is just a 1.18 patch thing, or you have to own RoM for it but no one fucking uses RNW. It sucks.
Cons:
You'll end up with AT LEAST a 10% tech penalty playing a western nation before you can embrace it either due to slow spread, or lack of funds, or both, then another one pops up seemingly instantly. There should be 1 or 2 less and spaced 60-75 years
Colonialism spawned far away? Well fuck you enjoy your tech penalty that goes up by 1% per year. This should be tied to your tech group, for example it goes up by .25% per year for western tech group, and it goes up by 1% per year for Chinese tech group that would make sense.
The last 3 spread like fucking wildfire because all you need is a certain building in a province in the cases of Manufactories and Enlightenment, or be a center of trade in the case of Global Trade. AI fucking loves to build universities, are you really trying to fucking tell me that just because some hoard in ass fuck nowhere built a university they're all going to go "ENLIGHTENMENT AND SHIT" it's fucking stupid.
I got a fucking sinning, embezzling, cruel leader and it was just a bad fucking time. It should be more of an AI thing and you get choices that influence what your traits will be.
Intervening in wars and getting PP for being one are the only good things about it, just seems shoved in and pointless really.
Why? Honestly why what the fuck why why why why why? So fucking stupid.

4/10 if I had to give it a number, fuck you Jewhan. That's all I can think of right now, I was just really fucking pissed at the institution shit honestly.

What is it now? Quadruple manpower and double manpower recovery speed while using the 'conquest' CB? Fucking roach enablers. At least it'll make the removal even sweeter.

They have this new government type that makes it so they typically get at 12 or more monarch points, plus they don't have that small tech penalty from being Anatolian. because hahaha fuck you institutions.

Fucking paracucks

What's the optimal way of expanding in this game I got far enough to reclaim almost all of the byzantine cores but now I'm not quite sure where to go from here.

Yea, performance is MUCH better now.

The various options are also good. No more GENDER LAWS bullshit and no more EUIV faggotry.

Reaper's Due itself is a bit meh, it just means your courtiers will be shitting themselves to death more.

To be fair, that is what most monarchs saw social movements as.

At least wait two patches.

One thing that bothers me is that the whole game feels like I'm looking at the Middle Ages through a modern lens. As if a bunch of game devs just spent a lot of time looking up facts on wikipedia, but didn't really consult any historians to give them a grasp on context or on the attitudes of the time. To be in the year 1160 and read things like "maybe the bible is just an old book written by clever liars" and "vassals will like you less if you have a female heir (it IS the middle ages after all lol" all while metal music about viking gods plays… it kind of sours the experience.

There is an option to turn off music. I wish there was also an option to turn of the pseudo-intellectual commentary.

So is EU III still the only way to enjoy this game?

They really have a hard on for roaches eh

It is not like EUIV doesn't have some nice stuff, like the trade system, which even if as simple as the EU3 really, it makes a lot more sense and gives you real goals to do. But that is heavy overshadowed than many other stuff, including the core mechanics of the game that everything is connected to. And instead of fixing anything they just add more stupid garbage.

Assuming you already killed Osman (Can't stress well enough how important it is to deal with Osman in the very first war against them by either taking their single province or by vassalization), the next thing you might want to do is to take Bulgaria. Once the dangerous kebab (Osman) has been dealt with, your next big headache will be Kipchak, and they will be drooling all over Bulgars and Transylvania. A complete Bulgarian annexation can be possible in under 3 wars, depending on how much AE penalty you're willing to take; but you have to do it quickly before Kipchak sets their slanted eyes over them. Another important thing to do is to vassalize Moldavia, perhaps by getting into a war with Transylvania if they haven't been consumed by Hungary, and releasing their cores (Moldavian cores) in Transylvania; They will be weak so a quick diplo-vassalization will most likely happen (After vassalizing, you will notice Moldavia will have cores scattered all over the fucking place, Kipchak included. Use this to your advantage). Both of these moves are to stop Kipchak from getting into Europe; The Russian principalities make a nice northern buffer zone against the horde, and the southern parts will be your responsibility. Try to get in good relations with the biggest fish in the 'Rus pond, you will need them for the Kipchak beatings to come.

Make sure to stop Kipchak in the Caucasus as well: Assuming you play as BYZ and not Trebizond, reclaim your cores from the Komnenoi and either vassalize Imereti or Georgia (If they are free), as well as feeding them Circassian clay (You can also feed Circassia the Georgian clay, whichever works.)

While you still have truces with Bulgaria, guarantee them and move onto the Transylvania business. Kipchak will most likely try to annex what is left of Bulgaria since you had already beaten them into a pulp; you cannot allow this to happen. So, between truces you might want to reclaim the Greek clay from the various minor states in the peninsula, pick the weakest one and annex ahoy. Athens will most likely have an alliance with either Naples, Aragon or France (Or all of them at once), so it'd best to keep good relations with the guys and try and strike a vassalization. The others will most likely have an alliance with Serbia or Bulgaria, you could use this as an excuse to annex even more Bulgarian clay, as well as your Albanian core in Serbia.

Remember to keep good relations with your neighbors lest you want stupid coalitions being formed against you. Befriend the Mamelukes, by doing so they will lose the option to become your rivals and joining stupid kebab coalitions.

After taking your side of the Balkans, annexing Serbia could be a good option. That, or reclaiming the rest of Anatolia: Befriend/vassalize Cilica and remove what kebab is left. Make sure to fabricate claims over the Genovese Crimea as well, threaten war whenever they're weak in order to obtain your rightful northernmost clay.

Don't be mad because it's over. Be happy because it happened.

t. Eastern Roman Empire.

I see Sweden is taking that circumcised goat fucker dick early on.

Oh shit wrong pic

w-we can still retake constantinople ;__;

What mods?

The avatar mod for ck2 looks promising.

A while ago my character got the trait "headache" which is apparently a disease symptom trait that unlocks the special decision: seek treatment.

Every time I seek treatment I get "has seeked treatment" with a cooldown and then my physician assigns me a random remedy which either randomly works or doesn't. If it works, I get "has received good treatment" which gives me a bonus to health and, I think, prevents my sickness from worsening. This seems to be 100% random every time and it happens whenever my "has seeked treatment" cools down. So every few months I'm clicking this stupid decision just to read one of what can't be more than ten different descriptions of stereotypical medieval "treatments".

It would be better if your physician gives you random treatments until he lands on the one that succeeds. Then he assigns you in a regiment to repeat that successful treatment, giving you a trait with a longer cooldown. Then it would actually sort of resemble how actual physicians operate and I wouldn't be forever selecting this decision over and over just to keep my character from getting more sick.

It would only take the tiniest bit of thought and creativity to take this blatantly random novelty and actually give it some illusion of depth. It's fun but I'm glad I didn't pay for this shit.

paracucks are creatively bankrupt and don't really give a shit anymore. They keep adding shallow mechanic after mechanic, focusing on feature bloat because that sells. The only new ideas I've seen with them were in Stellaris (not too many of them, sadly), and I assume that was only because they handed the whole project to a newbie, while their cadre of hardcore veteran dicklickers all moved onto HoI4 and fucked the IP to death. Reaper's due is just shitty memes, gimmicks, a shallow mechanic or two, and a big performance improvement, which, however, was again made by a fucking outsider, a modder they hired to do this shit for them.

I sure am glad I hired Krsto…

I feel this way more and more as i go through this playthrough. I mean, the base game is good. I like the idea of a feudal politics sim. I like the amount of thought that went into scripting the laws a diplomacy so that it is logical yet still dynamic. And then this extra content, though the concepts have potential, seems to have been slapped on like bumper stickers. Seriously, this game is starting to remind me of driving behind one of those cars with all the bumper stickers slapped all over the windshield. Just a barrage of half-baked ideas all thrown in my face at once.

The half-baked ideas are all abstraction. Instead of modelling an actual interaction or a detail, you just slap on A and B or something close enough and draw a line between the two.

Case in point: murder plots. It's always fail or succeed, they find out or not. Nothing inbetween. The last heir of a long lineage dies under suspicious circumstances with no heir? Nothing happens, no suspicion on the person who inherits. Would other dukes act different knowing someone resorts to assassinations? No. There is also no way to launch an investigation even if you personally know who did it.
Then there are the bastards who don't bring you any consequences and are ridiculously easy to legitimize. You are more powerful if you only have bastards infact. While it takes 5 minutes of searching to find out usually the only way to legitimize was if the parents married.

The way CKIIs development is going might allow mods to finally help. I mean quite a few of the hardcoded garbage has been fixed or semi-fixed like the retarded idea of spawning tons of useless courtiers that bloat the game.
Other issues like merchant republic code retardation still exist however and are unlikely to get fixed.
Mods won't fix it but CKII is the last Paradox title that is not an irredeemable pile of stinking garbage at the root.

Czechs and Poles in different groups
What sort of illiterate retard did this? Some cultures are just arbitrarily bundled together with others, while other very similar cultures get separate groups. Why the fuck are greeks and kebab in the same group, while fucking northern and south italy are split into two groups?

I believe its because MEIOU adds a lot of modifiers that take in consideration different cultures, which would make harder for kebab to keep the european part of their empire in check, and we simply can't have the annoying shit green blob from spreading, can we?

Yeah I noticed this the first time i got an "unchaste" ruler. I find myself seducing as many women as possible just to have as many sons as possible to marry into kingdoms. These reputation modifiers aren't near harsh enough. My duke is beloved by all his vassals and family members and they erected a statue of him even though he's a man whore with herpes who accomplished nothing in his reign. The only motivation for denying or assassinating bastards would be roleplaying.

I'll keep this in mind since I am just starting to get into this genre.

The fag from VeF for EU4 also did that shit:

At least cockroaches are in the Oghuz group along with the equally shitty azerbaijanis and turkmenis.

Not sure about EU4 but in EU3 mods used to put the turks in the same group as the greeks because of intra-group conversion. Cultures inside your group are easier to convert so if the Ottomans succeed they will turkify Anatolia while if you can revive the Byzantines the turk provinces will flip to greek quick.
IIRC there was no way to target another culture specifically so the only other way to do it would have been to make all other cultures get converted fast.

Feels disgusting to have both Greeks and turks on the same culture group, but I guess it's reasonable in a technical sense.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE REMOVE

I'm still glad I hired Krsto.

Does it go a long way in fixing the problems with core EU4? I've honestly stopped trying to play EU4 legit these days because it feels more like an MMO grind than exploiting mechanics to your advantage these days.

Jebus….

Well, it does lessen the bullshit mana use (you still employ it for coring and to develop provinces controlled by the crow), I'd say it makes the game a bit more complex. Provinces not held by the crown now develop on their own (albeit randomly), you need bureaucracy in order to blob, rulers have traits, policies no longer cost mana (and are far more useful). The mod also handles technologies differently, so now you get a shitton of different technology groups and you can 'modernize' them so to speak, it takes decades though.

To be honest, I was about to drop EU4 altogether until I decided to check VeF. With some tweaking here and there (added a few missing countries and estuaries/centers of trade), I was good to go, haven't stopped playing ever since. I think the fags from paracucks even took the mod as some sorta inspiration for rights of man DLC (The ruler traits I believe, not sure what else). They also added a buncha mechanics for the Russian governments, Byzantium and Zoroastrian Persia, as well as overhauling most religions (mechanics for Coptics and the Protestant heretics).

Guess what? Greeks and Turks are very similar genetically

Well, no shit they're genetically 'similar'.

Those genes are older than Indo-Europeans.

Gibe source, I think that'd make for an interesting read.

eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_J2_Y-DNA.shtml

Interesting, thanks user.

Why not give us a link to whatever you have changed so we can play it too?

Actually, EU3 vanilla has a mechanic in place that makes culture conversion among greeks and turks several times more likely. If you conquer Ottomans as byzantium, you are likely to completely remove all kebab through culture conversion in the span of the next hundred years. Same mechanic is in place for Russians and tartars. As such, there is no excuse for the modders to be this fucking dense, nor does it explain why Slovaks are in the fucking magyar group or all the other retarded shit. Slovaks shouldn't be easier to fucking culture-convert to hungarians – they fucking hated (and still hate) Hungary and have been hating them for centuries. Further more, they are so fucking similar to Czechs that even now, without learning any language, many of them study in Czech universities (because Slovakia is rather a shithole) and many Czech universities even have Slovak professors teaching czech students in slovakian language – the languages are so similar that it sounds like they're talking with some weird local dialect rather than a different language. It's why Czechoslovakia was formed. There is no excuse for them not to be in the same fucking culture group. And don't even get me started on that french basque bullshit or other cacner.

Lads, what mods make CKII fun?

alright, something strange just happened – I got pissed and decided to change the culture stuff myself, at least for the byzantines, and split the "turko-byzantine" retarded group to "byzantine" (containing only the greeks) and "oghuz" (containing the various strains of turks) while moving bulgarians and albanians to the balkanese group. When I started the game, however, instead of being called "Byzantine" (yes, I did change it in the localisation file), the culture group is called "Roman". Not that I mind, but anybody got an idea why?

Anything fun I can do with the Orthodox Patriarch as a pagan?

Sacrifice him m'lord

In Vicky 2, would it be possible to make puppets/satellites/substates share their overlord's map colour? Like is that defined anywhere accessible? Or is the only real option to go in and manually change each country as you're playing?

One of the biggest parts of grand strat after all is painting the map, and while I like the idea of giving increased autonomy to some regions or merely puppeting instead of conquering, the fact that it doesn't change their colours is kinda lame - your name gets bigger but you don't actually paint the map.

Hmm…

No.

This is retarded.

What even the fuck

Jesus christ

Things really have been weird recently.
Not to mention half of northern Yurop is muzzie now.

Somehow the game is now more realistic

Been playing Sengoku and I'm sick of the base game. I heard about the Monumentae Ioponiae Historia mod but I cannot find it for the life of me. Just sends me to a CKII mod of the same name. I just want my shitty gsg game to be better.
I also tried running CKII on my toaster but it barely chugs along even with performance mods. Sengoku though for some reason runs fine.

Good to know that vassal management as a tribe is still fucking awful.

Nigga what are you doing?

A massive Anglo-Saxon Germany.

No idea how that happened.

Shitposting, why do you ask?

Try mediafire.com/file/y0y5mwc9iyakpsh/Monumenta Iaponiae Historica ver.0.684.rar

Krsto >>>>> Swampnigger witch doctor

Sure, the upload's gonna take a while due to shitty internet.

Krsto died. I have some old nun as a physician now.

;_;7 F

Untimely death, in this cruel world, is as common as memes.

==BRAVO, PARADOX=
Also, if you have the right lifestyle, you can seduce the horse, and, if you are old, the scandal will be about the age difference, not about it being a fucking horse.

That's because there is nothing wrong with horse pussy .

I need to form Italy.
Venice has some of the land I need, and is allied to all of my allies. What do?

declare war on someone venice is allied to

My Spain run is going very historically. Just got a von Habsburg heir.

Nice.

what are your objectives for a spanish game?

Are Czech and Slovak really that similar? It's funny to me how similar languages are sometimes counted as different languages, but sometimes as dialects even when they aren't that intelligible.

A global Spanish Empire that won't fail like the real one did. Colonize the New World and exploit the Indian trade. I plan on stabbing Portugal in the back if I don't get a personal union with them so I can eat their colonies. Also become Emperor and form the HRE. Austria managed to pass two reforms before the heretics showed up.

My colonies so far.

It shouldn't matter that they are genetically similar if the cultures are distinct. One calls their rat meat on a stick gyro, the other calls it shawarma. Totally different.

For historical accuracy (I'm trying to add some finishing tweaks into my modification of VeF), could it be said that the minor Irish states back in the 1300's had some sort of 'hatred' towards England? I'm trying to add a few more historical rivalries into the game, but I'm unsure if the Irish hated britbongs back in the day as much as they do nowadays. The same goes for Scotland, Wales and the Cornish, did they hate the britbongs?

They are, I'm sure ass hell the guys ain't more related to Hungarians and Romanians than they are to other Western Slavs

Top pronouns

How do you make run EU4 fast? especially on a Laptop

Download more ram

Play EU3 instead

Yeah. I nfact, half of Slovakia's TV programme is just czech movies and shows. Nobody translates that shit because it isn't necessary - it's kind of like the difference of language between a guy living in Glasgow and a guy living in Dallas. The grammar is pretty much identical, 90% of words are either the same or extremely similar (varying by one or two letters), the remaining 10% being actually different, but you understand those from the context most of the time anyway. Source: I'm a Czech and interact with Slovaks regularly.

It's actually pretty similar for all slavs. It gets harder to understand with other countries, but you can still make sense of it – when I hear Polish or Russian, I can usually get the gist of what they're saying if they repeat it once or twice, and when I went to Croatia for vacation this year, it was even easier than those – they talked slowly to us, we talked slowly to them, and we understood each other without either of us needing to know another language.

Hungarians are fucking aliens compared to that.

Great Idea but I use EU4 for Custom Nation Designer

Kinda makes you wonder why…

I admit I'd be cool if the Incas suddenly became some sorta hidden superpower though.

Just get a gel ice pack for kmart or somewhere and put the laptop on top of it.

In Vicky 2, which is a better way to cripple and destroy the British Empire? Attack the Island or attack India?

I go for island usually, there's never any troops stationed there. There's only mobilized guys

I personally find attacking India to be weirdly effective, for some reason, as soon as I start occupying it, Britain starts spamming me for peace

Equality throughout history ;)

Let's see if this shit works. Have (((fun)))

mega.nz/#!QpdmxRIB!Zwv7dpk1io-L3qk5dIEQ-Ac5gRxgaVtg0RJ2KCov3Xw

Only worthwhile EU4 mod's gonna be that This is madness one, since it's going to be actually challenging.

You read the AAR on the form?

Yeah so, for anyone who hasn't tried the new patch or figured it out yet, here's a TL;DR:

1. Anyone in the world can be western for the cost of approximately 4 ideas every 50 years.
2. Any development works as long as you have an excess of two types. ADM is usually short but its very easy to run an excess of DIP/MIL, so its quite affordable.
3. Of course you also get a nice province out of it, probably 16 Production/16 Military, so you're not only effectively purchasing 4 ideas that give -12.5% tech cost each, you're also getting a godly province to put some buildings on. At that level Workshops can pay themselves off in almost a decade and pay off the cost of embracing an institution eventually. This is almost Paris-level powerful.
5. AI gets screwed pretty hard since it doesn't develop (or rather it seems to develop randomly, you need to dump it all in to one province). Asia quickly goes to 100% or more tech penalty unless a player is in the region to spread institutions to them. Russia/Sub-saharan Africa and basically equal (and better than Asia).
6. If the player avoids being friendly with neighbors the spread is so slow that you can easily advance the border faster than it spreads, effectively preventing the AI from receiving lots of institutions (mostly early ones).
7. If you don't have Common Sense, you're effectively being forced to play a primitive nation if you start outside Europe since natural spread is very slow and becomes even slower on the borders of unfriendly nations.

Bravo, paradox.

Which mods are you playing it on?

If you tie them down in a war, ANY war that goes on for very, very long (say, ten years), you'll break Britain utterly. I played Russia and attacked NGF who had Britain allied (turning it into a great war), and Britain then, over the course of the following decade, pooled troops from all over the world and sent it against me (I was shitting myself because of it, but in the end killed them all due to sheer russian numbers). Sometime mid-war, British Commies rose up. The isle itself fended the rebels easily enough, but everywhere else was FUCKED, especially india. After about three years of having all of india occupied, it suddenly broke up into about fifty indian nations, completely unaffiliated with Britain, as did most of their holdings in Oceania. All I scored in the great war was one state and a colony, I think, but the breakdown of british empire was worth it (then britain demobilises, commies rise up again, overthrow the government, and britain loses all puppets, so that's that)

I had a feeling it'd end up this way. Techgroups were one of the things that needed a little more depth, not fucking removal. I wonder if the following patches will try to fix this bullshit, or if they'll go

fucking paracucks, 4 ideas is pennies when it comes to tech mallus
Wasn't something like this in common sense already?
this bullshit had been an issue with savages ever since province development was a thing. I see the new DLC didn't fix that
So not only did it boost literal savages, it even gimped the one region that could have, theoretically, try and compete with europeans? Thinking back on the arguments I had here about this point, this is kinda funny
But it also means that if your neighbours dislike you, you don't get any institutions, right? Guess I'll have to sweet talk at least one douchebag, then
Paradox never seemed to care about in-between DLC balancing. The only real version is the one with all of their shit

Gay. That doesn't really leave any reason to puppet instead of blobbing directly.

Yep
The last great ck2 AAR.

Common Sense lets you develop provinces. The new patch makes it so that developing provinces also gives institutions. Spend around 1500 mana developing a province and you've got the next institution and are on par with western tech for 50 years.

You don't even need to know that the western world exists. As soon as an institution unlocks just develop some provinces to about 16/16 dip/mil and you have the institution for yourself. Then make sure you hate all your neighbors and it won't spread to you.

Yep. Other than the player (who can develop provinces), every country's tech is essentially based on how far they are from western Europe. I've even seen Russia get over 100% tech penalty because natural spread is so slow.

Hilariously American Tribes are now completely overpowered. Reforming their religion immediately grants ALL institutions that the neighbor colonizer had. It's like getting a full, instant westernization as soon as you border a European.

That's the case if you are waiting for them to spread to you. But spreading institutions is slow as fuck, just develop provinces.

REMOVE KEBAB REMOVE KEBAB

In some alternate universe, this actually happened.
We'd all be speaking Greek.

save is ded, restarting again

Listening to that makes me feed really sad, why did venetians and ottomans have such a raging boner for contantly ruining everything and being all around evil?

Nice.

Theatrum Orbis Terrarum (Carthoge Reloaded) and Flag Improvement Pack.

and in an alternate universe, mongols were far more powerful and aztecs invaded from the west.

I'm reading the history of Venice right now and venetians were literally jews; as long as they had shekels coming in everything besides their lagoon could burn to the ground and they wouldn't give a shit.

MAKE IT STOP

Is it easier or harder to expand without marriages/only through diplomacy in EU4?

That was supposed to be 'Without war'.

thats even slower

Ottomans I can understand – they had all that prophecy shit about bringing Islam to Rome, waged a holy war and all that. But fucking Venetians did it all only for fucking shekels.

They were the worst of all the marine republic, but thanks to their strategic position between the Ottoman Empire, Central Europe and the Silk Road they cashed in on mad money. Sometimes they helped, sometimes not. When the focus shifted from Mediterranean and Asia towards the Atlantic, Venice went down and we had the rise of countries that faced the ocean,England especially. I despise anyone of them for not even trying to unite Italy again and instead we had to wait too fucking much. To make matters worse while Germany had Prussia and Bismarck, we got a subservient French faggot that catapulted everyone in debt with foreign entities,especially the Rothschild owned bank of England.
Most of Venice history is easily understood when you remember they were nearly completely surrounded by bigger political organization: HRE, France, Spain, then Milan, Florance, Papal State,etc. Without being crafty jews they would have lost their independence too fast.Which is why i think the modern venetians who wants to be a separated country again are a bunch of fucking morons that simply don't understand the times we are in now will not endure forever nor will they ever be relevant like that anymore by simply geopolitics matters, unless the Chinese remember fondly a pack of jews.

how different is a venetian from a regular Italian anyway?

Not too different.Genetically Italy and italians changed absolutely fucking nothing since the fall of Rome: we are all a genetic mix between german,romans and native italians tribe which change based on position (german,france,greek,berbers,etc.).They probably have more german dna or more mixing thanks to their histroy, but nothing that will make them stand out. Mostly their separatist movement stems from culture,minor linguistic difference that you can find every fucking where in Italy, and of course the "We wuz kangz, but not anymore" mentality that practically anyone had. Almost anyone will say that before Italy was united we had it better, totally forgetting how many fucking time German,Austrian,Spain,France,,etc. came into the Penisula like it was a shopping district or how many inter war we had between each other that completely fucked up anything.

So one of those local patriot movements, then. How stupid. Then again, ever since the end of WW2, any such movement can get actual independence, as we can see on the dissolution of British Empire.

On a positive note, at least it'd fuck jews up, as there's no way Italy would let Venice enter EU after that

What mod is that?

DAO + Miscmod

I love seeing ottomans cross Europe on foot to intervene on wars against France thanks to the retarded way they implemented great powers. Bravo Paracucks, you did it again.

Why is every new mechanic paradox makes so fuckign shit?

Because the only way they test mechanics is in their lol so random in house multiplayer parties

They started out so well with Vicky 2, EU3 and CK2 and then they just shat the bed completely and haven't managed to stop since.

they've been trying to appeal to casuals with EU4 onwards. Have you seen HoI4? It pretty much plays itself if you let it, and if you don't it penalises you

No the great powers mechanic makes perfect sense. Shut up.

how are you even a great power? You're just a kang in the bumfuck of nowhere; not even a big one

You can see my development later here:

TL;DR:

1. Lots of development around my capital because I needed to boost institutions (3 provinces have around 30 development each, most of the rest of the provinces are 3-7ish).
2. Having institutions when even Europe doesn't, since lack of institutions penalize your effective development for great power status.
3. Vassals still contribute half development I think.

What's even the point of playing bumfuck nations when anybody can easily become a KANG now? People play these nations because it's a fucking challenge to become kang.

I don't think paradox understands this anymore. I bet that if you raised this point, they'd go "nobody is forcing you to develop those provinces. Just don't play to get institutions and you'll have a regular game :^)"

muh MP balance

Why am I getting this mental image of Paradox sitting around their offices getting each other hard/moist in their boipussies by pretending to be Africans invading Europe…

because sweben

Paradox does. They have a LAN party with each new DLC, and whenever one of them gets butthurt about something, they make the game easier in that aspect.

Wow. So we are currently living in some kind of nightmare where that dumb kid who always rage quit because he sucked now has the power to change the whole game around. The more I read these threads, the more I think I'll just stick with EU3.

EU4 was reasonably okay before Mare nostrum (I despise the state and territory thing), even though the mana system was unbalanced as fuck, making ADM ten times as important as the other two, and if you played non-savage, you usually didn't have enough mana to spare to make OP provinces, lest you'd fall behind in techs and ideas (of course, as savage, making every last province more developed than Paris was all you did). It was worth checking out, since not all of the mechanics were bad, but I returned to EU3 too, in the end. I only wish there was more flavour and mods for EU3

I'm liking Let the Sun Rise.

Venetians sacked Constantinople in retaliation for the Massacre of the Latins. Byzantine filth deserved everything they got.

Loving the new ruler changes with Rights of Man. I was able to get someone of my dynasty to become the Queen Consort of Portugal and because she's the currently the regent I can claim the throne!

My duchy is so disjointed.

Sup lads i want to play heart of iron theme RTS
What is the best WW2 RTS ?

and sorry for bringing up RTS in a GSG thread ;_;

Didn't the guy who coded most of the economic systems leave the company? Pretty sure they'll severly cut back on that aspect.

Thanks Johan

the new DLC sounds worse and worse with every post

We should decide on an ultimate version to play so we can at least damage control people playing EU4. The territory shit was pretty bad. Should people stick to 1.15 or does VeF make the territory stuff less bad? Would the latest VeF work for 1.15 or an older version should be used? Would important things for VeF be missed if an older version is used? VeF currently works with 1.17.x.

We should decide on both the version and mod to reffer people to. I'd say the DLCs were all okay up until common sense, when province development was introduced. Then we got Cossacks, which were okay, and the Mare Nostrum with states and territories, and then this bullshit with Rights of Man. That means the best version to play would be either the one before common sense, or the one after cossacks (if you can stomach the province development)

Women in History was before Common Sense.

Yeah, but that's literally just a few events and you can turn it off (or delete a few paragraphs in the appropriate text file). I don't find it worth mentioning

They have decided it is important enough to list it as one of the main DLCs on the wiki.

What wiki are you using? This place: eu4wiki.com/Downloadable_content
only lists it as a flavour pack, which is all it is

What's wrong with territories? It's just a penalty for blobbing too fast too early.

Bit disappointed that they left the Ming autonomy in rather than just heavily limit the number of states they could have a low tech.

People generally don't like colonialism nerfs.

How did it nerf colonization? Unless you mean ugly colonization that snakes through dozens of states, I don't see how its a nerf.

Colonization is ridiculously OP anyway and incredibly boring to play.

If I recall correctly, the number of states was stupidly small at game start, so much that just, say, recovering greece and anatolia as BYZ already forced you to treat half your nation as territories, with the states cap only rising later on along with GOV tech (again making the ADM mana MORE important)

not to mention the states were rather arbitrary, meaning that if one wanted to make the most efficient nation, he should only use regions with most and best provinces, leading to bullshit like having your nation an ocean of territories, with a few scattered islands of states

Honestly it should be even smaller. I'd go for a 2 or 3 state max at game start (would match up with CK2's 2 duchy limit).

Then you could get rid of all the ridiculous buffs OPMs have because the majors are nerfed.

Yeah I get the arbitrariness. But managing it on a province level would be a PITA, and most of the highest development states would be around the same areas, not on islands everywhere.

Why? Why would a country like France need to treat half its land as colonial territory? It makes no sense whatsoever. It's a bullshit mechanic designed only as a bumper against expansion. Another one (we have like ten such mechanics in place already). Only this one also again places yet more value to ADM mana and doesn't actually hinder you from expansion. Sure, not getting as much tax isn't too nice, but who cares? Even with three states under your belt, you have enough of a staging ground to defeat everyone but majors, simply because the AI is so fucking shit and because the bigger nations get the same tax nerf as you do. It's just another attempt by paradox to limit blobbing with arbitrary limits, at which it fails. If they want their game more challenging, they should fix their fucking AI, not magic up fifty limits and shit. We have overextension, that makes you dependent on ADM mana (and thus makes world conquest nearly impossible), we have AE, which halts your advance in a certain area for decades unless you can beat literally everyone in the region at once, we got autonomy, that lessens your income from conquests, we have all the other stuff like CBs and rebels to try and slow you down, we have all this bullshit that, so far, at least looked like it has some realism backing it up, and now we get yet another stupid piece of nonsense that pretty much performs the same function as autonomy, and that is simply retarded. If they wanted to simulate something, then they should fucking do that, not do some halfassed attempt at abstracting who knows what

Use paragraphs fucktard.

Because France wasn't an absolute monarchy until hundreds of years after the start date. In the 15th century they relied on semi-independent intermediaries in the form of dukes to rule in their stead, similar to how colonies are ruled by viceroys.

Not really. You need the ADM tech anyway.

Like I said, you could nerf the ridiculous and silly bonuses OPMs get.

Yeah OE is shit. No question here. Also Corruption.

Also world conquest really shouldn't be possible.

This mechanic literally makes perfect sense.

It's minimum autonomy. It makes sense that the government can only directly control a specific amount of land, therefore the rest of it can't go below a specific amount of autonomy.

My post was one cohesive throught and thus formed exactly one paragraph, you cretin. Speaking of which, why don't you work on not setting every sentence as a separate paragraph, so you don't look like you just came from leddit?

We already have estates and autonomy to simulate this sort of thing

double coring

You mean those bonuses that don't help them anyway, as they get stomped to the ground by everyone? And how does that even relate to anything I said?

Never said it should

And did I ever say it didn't? Why did you read that sentence as a list of complaints? I was merely listing the mechanics that are already in place that limited blobbing, pointing out that the repertoaire is already there if paracucks only decided to actually deepen it rahter than shovel one half-baked mechanic on top of another

Minimum autonomy is also something that already exists

Not really. They suck ass at that and they scale proportionately with growth.

You don't double core. You core once at half cost then if you make it a state you pay the other half instantly. It's the same cost either way.

Only as a blanket for government on all provinces. States mechanic represents a country growing beyond the ability for the government to directly administer.

Is there some kind of tool for v2 that I can use to start huge wars? The end game is pretty boring and the ai never wants to get allies and drag them into the war so I usually end up doing it for them.

Also is NWO worth playing or should I just convert my game to hoi3?

Of course he's from there. He doesn't just look like it.

You guys haven't updated this infograph in over 2 years? It lists Art of War as the newest expansion to EUIV when that came out 2 years ago.

EU4. EU3 has much less content. Just don't buy the bad EU4 expansions, only the good ones. Look at Steam reviews for each of them individually.

>tfw you're about to reduce the ottomans into a 1 province minor again.

Actually made it better. The new westernization is really good and much more realistic way of doing it.

As least the finns and samis are content to live in their mud hut saunas whipping each other with branches

Fucking anglos and their inability to write anything right. It's "iacta" not "jacta".

You've started over, you madman. What'd you change this time?

This has been patched as of hotfix 1.18.3

What map mods are these?

Try and get the Christian moral authority down, raids should do it.

The people who did the pops/economics in Victoria 2 are no longer there, yes.

Changed Golden Horde's name back to Golden Horde, fixed a few centers of trade and a bunch of underdeveloped/overdeveloped provinces, several countries with generic ideas and added Semien into the game (Seemed to be missing from VeF) I restarted right after uploading on MEGA all the modifications I had made, why would I miss out on those?

This playthrough has been considerably easier since ain't doing the same mistakes as before (Such as sparing Rum [whom I forcibly vassalized] right after they break off from the Ilkhanate or not maintaining friendly relations with the stupid turks) and I managed to strike a PU with Cilicia earlier in the game (They ALWAYS get Nestorian rebels in their provinces, I suppose their stability got too low and the king died from stress or someshit.)

Anatolia is basically mine (Sans from Dulkadir which is completely held by the Mamlukes and the two provinces owned by BYZ)

It's the map contained in Veritas et Fortitudo, at least the one from my previous post is. Not sure about the other one.

What was Golden Horde named before naming it back?

Kipchak.

I mean, Kipchak is perfectly valid because they used to be called The Kipchak Khanate, but The Golden Horde sounds way better.

HOI4
I didnt even start the war
Best part is Ill easily get the France 1948 achievement because Russia is fighting Poland and Japan and its already 1941

I've always been more partial to Ulus of Jochi.

Sounds like the name of a goblin chief or some shit.

Look at my Germanyblob!

It's a rather horrendous shape. Mostly thanks to the devouring of bits of would-be northern Italy. Why didn't you eat the Dutch and the Belgians instead of getting involved in Mediterranean nonsense if you're going for the gross grosse shtick? Additionally, Burgundy still exists. Are they Burgundians, or have they been Latinized/Francofied by now as seems inevitable? Eat them if they haven't been. Really, how much of the nation is ethnically German, since you've only got a small poland and ate the Czechs?

what is with cornwall in EU3? I swear there the one county nation that seems to fuck the bigger nation that's near them the most

The British Isles are completely fucked in this playthrough. England was controlled by Scotland, Castille, and the Ottomans before being conquered by Cornwall.

So am I right in thinking the stellaris AI cheats even on normal?
pic related is a single planet empires fleet

Remove Pooland, Anschluss the Swamp Germans, reclaim rightful Germanic-Lombard clay in northern Italy.

New CK2 dev diary:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-28-easing-executions.975223/

YES YES YES

Trying to play Novgorod in EUIV with all the expansions besides Cossacks and Rights of Man. Please god tell me how to survive during the early-mid game, I can't do it for the life of me. I don't remember this being nearly as hard in EUIII. I'm completely stumped.

:—DDDD

so gross

what's the problem here? That fleet is tiny

what the fuck happened to this world

I was just thinking about how bad Viccy III will be when they do it.

How many years did that take user?

Jesus how old am I…

By the way they say it seems the next DLC will focus on intrigue, maybe revamp the way plots work so they're more interactive than "get enough people to 100% plot power then wait"

Next thread