Pick up a rock or some small object that can be easily carried

Name me a stealth game that doesn't do this, it just makes this shit too easy.

Infinite use coins ruined htiman 4

It's really dumb when the rock's trajectory passes right in front of the guard's face yet he has no idea where it came from.

It's a pretty dull mechanic. Why would the guard stand there looking at the small object and not around to make sure whoever threw it isn't there, behind his back ?

Styx. Guards even notify each other when they realize suspicious stuff is going on without outright seeing you so knocking down a chair as a diversion for example actually makes going unnoticed even harder.

How about this?

Yeah stealth games really need a revival. We love the old stuff but with modern computing, better physics, lighting, mechanics and of course AI should all be doing things better than ever before. We don't get that so games from over a decade ago are still the best ones.

Not a stealth game but I think in Batman games when you distract people with Batarangs, they inspect the place it came from, not the place it hit. Every stealth game should do this imo, other way doesn't make any sense

Batman did a lot of things right, which is strange for a licensed game.

Too bad the mechanic were only used in a specific room that made the thing a bit useless but game was still nice.

Sly Cooper didn't do that

The Mr. Freeze fight was the best fight in the game. Especially on NG+ Hard Mode, where you need to use every single takedown you know how to do and maybe some you didn't know you could do.

It's just too bad that boosted remote batarangs trivializes predator mode.

styx is a good stealth game
pls play

Except you can't do a non-lethal knockout, which is a cheat.

It's been a while since I played it but I don't think Death to Spies had anything like that.

Like a giant bald coin purse.

It wasn't a very good stealth game.

I'm not really sure what you're saying, but no non-lethal knockouts and instant death attacks from enemies on Goblin difficulty is part of what makes Styx a great game.

I mean the devs force you into ghost-stealth instead of murdering guards… because they know most people don't like to kill average joe guards.

They've taken away an obvious mechanic in order to improve the gameplay.

He should really just shoot blindly into the direction the stone was thrown towards.

No, they'd just shoot the stone.

Why? They think it's a 2 inch tall intruder?

If it's a game with robots, yes.

>the sequel to this game allows you to make bombs that scatter fake coins so you lose nothing

I'm not convinced robots are smart enough to operate a gun if that's the case.

This, wouldn't they be shooting at birds making noises or hell even other robots making noises?

That's what I was thinking. And that's poor guard robot design, because we're talking about a huge waste of ammo here. They're going to need to be topped off eventually, and then they'll shoot the guy who brought them ammo when he tries to leave.

I never understood the logic in that, are the guards retards? Who would look intensily at a can or a stone if you're mean't to guard something?

Yes, you can actually do this unless the patrol is led by a well paid unit.

So, Assasin's Creed?

I liked Revelations, the bombs were fun.

No, the rock is a robot.

Then it's not a rock, it's a robot.

You sure user?

That's a Rockman, not a rock. Big difference.

were they also not infinite in blood money?

A lot of people say that the Mr. Freeze fight is how a lot of video games should handle boss fights. I agree. You had to use a lot of stealth take down moves, which was a bit of a gear shift from slapping around thugs from gargoyles.

And coding a "Hey, someone's throwing something to distract me" state would end up leaving players having to think critically and sometimes fail. And the publishers say we can't sell 800 million copies if it's too frustrating for players.