Skyrim """Special""" Edition: Just Buy Better Hardware

Fucking amazing, really.

Here's the system requirements for the Special Edition:

I mean, it's not like we didn't know Beth can't even wrangle their own engine properly but still.

Other urls found in this thread:

rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/which-oblivion-dev-lied-the-most.15427/
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/?)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's the minimum requirements. Here's the recommended specs:

Should include the specs for the original too, for comparison.

Why do they just give money to these kikes? I fucking hate normalfags.

Right.

Recommender for the old version:

That's right goys, no 32bit systems allowed anymore.

Such is the tragic nature of normalfags.

To be fair, modding the game is a fucking pain in the ass.

Why did normalfags even like Shitrim so much? It's 90% copy and pasted.

Because it was the hottest cool thing to like.

Bethesda is trash kill youself

What?

Wtf i hate skyrim now

Todd Howard once said he doesn't know how the fuck Beth's games even run. They have no clue how the fuck to opitmize their shit.
Did you know in FO4 the loading time and phyiscs is tied to framerate?
Does anybody have a list of things Todd lied about with Skyrim?

I have something similar.
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/which-oblivion-dev-lied-the-most.15427/

Oh fuck, where would you begin?
The three major ones are

For once he probably didn't lie.

Radiant quests = infinite quests
but you can get on top off every mountain anyway

Don't make up excuses, Todd.

Doing the exact same quest ad infinium is not "infinite quests"; it's replaying the same quest over and over.

But replaying same quest ad infinitum means that you can do it infinite number of times, therefore you can play the game infinite number of times

I'll just get it for free.

How can you call yourself a hardcore gamer if you don't have skyrim CE and skyrim remastered?

Why? It'll probably be uncompressed to it'll be big as hell too. I really don't see a reason to download this

Are you at all surprised, user?
They're gonna get GOTY in 2016 instead.

I do.

Honestly, I can understand why people enjoy Skyrim to a degree. But 2000+ hours?

I'm a GSG autist and I only got 800 hours in CK2.

How autistic you have to be to spend more than 1000 in any game?

My record playtime in m&b was 115 hours, and that is my most played game
Seriously what were you doing for this 2222 hours in skyrim?

Making myself forget that I am alive.

Wow, you're the 5th person I've seen on Holla Forums to have that exact amount of hours.

They can all be the same user you know. There isn't a rule to forbid the same person to post in multiple threads

You don't know what an ENB is, do you?

It's a Skyrim shitposting thread, none of the people who have posted know what they are talking about, they just throw around words they've heard before.

I don't even like fucking Skyrim and I have an endless pool of criticism for the game.

Then you're a normalfag casual who doesn't know what it means to love games.

Thats fucking autism
but i myself spent like 200 hours in darkest hour alone and probably another 300 in another gsg

It's not. It's regular coop with friends every two months or so. Or it's returning to a favorite game once each year. Regular people have the same kind of numbers on movies and facebook, they just don't have counters.

32 bit systems are pathetic and if you own one and intend to do any modern gaming you might as well shoot yourself in the face right now. 64 bit is the superior protocol.

There are plenty of people on toasters, even here on vee.

I just think switching entirely to 64x is a little questionable with a game as old as Skyrim.

You can get 64x processors and motherboards for under a 100$. They're standard poorfag's poorfag technology at this point. Not having a 64 machine shows how inept you are at life more than anything else.

?

don't see the issue. modded skyrim requires about those specs

You should expect better than Beth selling a slightly modded version of Skyrim. They didn't even touch draw distance or textures (Reminder that the official HD texture pack is complete unoptimized shit).

A modded game is bloated and unoptimized. I would think a dev could optimize their own game a little better than that, though I realize it's Bethesda we're talking about.

most people get the game for free, and if you dont, you can literally buy skyrim legendary for like $10. $10 for a 64bit, nicer looking skyrim isnt really an issue.

the hardware they are listing isnt even all that great. modern hardware is cheaper and performs better.

It's shopped isn't it?

The issue is a terminal lack of SKSE.

You can bet your tight virgin butthole that the new version will run just as badly even on top-of-the-line hardware today as the original did back then. Because they didn't address the basic issues with the engine and their lack of optimization.

My point still stands. Skyrim is ancient. I don't even know what you're arguing.

I hate this meme. You can accuse Skyrim of loads of things but it didn't run badly. I ran it maxed out with HD texture pack on my 2005 PC at the time, graphics card upgraded 2008. It runs fine on toasters and laptops alike.

The 470 represents the lowest specced GPU they tested the game on, more people need to realize that that's all these recommendations are, and it was probably sitting in a work station they used for testing Skyrim on PC and did it for a laugh, fuck the GTX 470 was released the year before Skyrim's original release.

On top of this the GTX 470 is less powerful than the lowest specced dedicated GPU that's still manufactured, it's toaster grade by this point, if you can't equal it you are sub toaster and should seriously consider selling the free space in your butthole instead of bitching.

How is it questionable, think about what you are asking, you'd have to be on a super potato to not have 64 bit compatible computer, Pentium 4 which is year 2000 is 64 bit cpu, on top of this the PC release of Skyrim was the only 32 bit release of the game and was a completely questionable decision the year it released.

Good, maybe those Silverlock faggots can instead work on Open MW instead of making patches for games that hates them.

Even with those dubs you sound a bit jewish there user.

skyrim probably has one of the best modding scenes. im sure it will be adapted to work for special edition

ran fine for me on my shitty gayman laptop during the time.

okay

Go to bed Todd.

man I have had trouble getting into endless legend. what am I missing?

I played during early access and maybe that is the problem.

The release version isn't very revolutionary. It's basically tabletop gaming for computers. Not bad but it might as well have called itself "endless RTS-clone".

Ouch.
Amplitude early access is early access done right. They launch their ea titles outright unfinished so that core design can be modified based on player input. Ea usually lasts up to six months. Since then there was lots of patching, mod workshop support, two small dlcs and three expansions, fourth and final one coming out this Friday (added legendary buildings and creatures, espionage, season mechanics, naval combat and three more playable species).
Or, you know, the game might just not be for you.

You do know we're talking about a turn-based game, right?
How in the fuck did you just claim a turn-based game is a clone of an RTS.
Even the battles have their own goddamn turns.

Fucking Christ on a Pike what happened with Holla Forums today.

Wow your so amazing Tidd, upgrading to a 1080 Intel 128 bit 32 core RIGHT NOW.

hab some doom music to celebrate classic Bethesdaâ„¢ works in history XD

you're the best todd

I chuckled.

I'm pretty sure PC gets it for free. Consolefags will buy it again for mod support, then shit themselves in anger when they find out most mods won't work because they require SKSE.

How did they do this for FO4? Doesn't it require script extender on PC as well? Are most mods just incompatible on consoles?

Or that the weapon and armor mods use 4k textures

for morrowind maybe, skyrim like a walk in the park. unless of course you don't go outside…

This one. You can't use the script extender on consoles so anything that relies on it won't work. They also restricted the total amount of mods you can have to some stupidly small amount I think it was 2gb

It's actually even better than that.

A lot of mods for FO4 did not required Script Extender but they did require some DLL's or something that neither the PS4 nor the Xbox360 had.
So while you could install the mods, they wouldn't work properly. Things like a custom gun that can't reload for instance.

Because of this, a lot of modders knew better and only uploaded their mods for the PC. But a very large amount of idiots thought that they were just "being elitist" and "it's just a checkmark when you upload the mod that makes it available for consoles!"

Some even took it upon themselves to correct this by downloading the mod and reuploading but for consoles too.
And when people had problems with that mod, they went to the original guy and complained about how it broke their game for a system the mod creator did not support from the get go.

So it got to a point where mod creators were considering including SE as a dependency just to prevent people from re-uploading and installing their mods on consoles.
Not because they have anything against consoles but simply because they were acting as tech support for all the idiots that downloaded from a re-upload.

well he's not wrong…

Todd Howard for President 2020!!!

You really think someone would do that? …

Yes there is, I should know because I just made it up.

What? I was told you don't clean the base files from the game, that several things required those dirty edits. Unless that's just for Oblivion.

I though everyone just resigned to the constant crashing and kept rebooting the game every 15 minutes. If you have a good PC, it's not much longer than a loading screen anyway.

The intent of OpenMW is to eventually make something like a script extender pointless since that kind of functionality would be built directly into the engine. They aren't going to worry about that until they hit 1.0 though which will hopefully be in the next two or three updates.

ayyy

You do clean the base files for Skyrim. Dawnguard is so fucking mangled you need to clean it twice.

Is this trying to say that people who don't like skyrim are looking for stuff that's not there?

Don't clean skyrim.esm, that's the base game. But clean all the DLCs as well as update.esm.

I got over 9000 laps dialed in into GTR. Gitting gud takes effort.

it's just the video equivalent of shitposting, i wouldn't look for much meaning out of it.

tfw went from 560ti to 9500gt (for a year) to gt730 to gtx1080

Holy gods it feels good to not have my framerate tank when I see transparentcy effects.

Most save file corruption is caused by the vanilla autosave/quicksave system not properly overwriting shit. The solution to this is to disable the autosave system entirely, bind quicksave/load to keys you'll never press, and use a save manager mod that only makes hard saves (e.g. CASM).

Also if you're not using Crash Fixes (nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/?) your saves are at risk of imploding from going over the 65535 string limit. That can also cause save corruption.

Anyone that accuses Bethesda of relying on modders to fix their games is entirely correct. You have no idea how unstable vanilla Skyrim is if you don't really dig into it. There is so much you need to do to prevent it from shitting itself at every opportunity. For example, if you don't use ENBoost to unfuck the RAM management, Skyrim can't use more than 3.1 GB of total RAM, including VRAM, and it'll crash if it tries to.

This is the word count of the leddit Beginner's Guide to Modding Skyrim. 8500 words, detailing the use of six separate third-party utilities you absolutely need to start modding this game. This isn't even getting into ASIS or FNIS or Bodyslide or NIF Healer or the Save Game Script Cleaner or…

Why isn't it 50 gigs of space?

WHY IS BETHESDA SO BAD?!

THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO HIRE THE BEST OF THE BEST OF PROGRAMMERS BASED ON THEIR NAME ALONE

WHY ARE THEIR GAMES CODED BY 3RD GRADERS?!

WHY ARE THE PEOPLE GENERATED BY EIGHT YEAR OLDS PLAYING WITH PLAYDOUGH?!

They're low budget compared to R*, but make bigger games than average devs with the same budget. Their games' budget are like 30 mill bucks.

My ancient piece of shit Core 2 Duo laptop processor supports 64 bit, how fucking old is your CPU if it doesn't?

the setting

I chuckled wholeheartedly

Maybe TES 6 will have Doom's engine.

i had a Phenom II x4, 9600gt and 4gb ram when i played Skyrim i could max it out at 60 frames but not use the "HD" textures

If the special editon already has those textures these requirements make sense

At least they arent lying and the requiremnst actually mean what you need to max it out

Looks like you are trying to get triggered for no reason, thats last gen PC hardware.

Standard rule is to not touch the base game or any of the DLCs, since modders may very well by relying on the dirty edits being present.

Now lets be fair on poor ol' Fraud Howard

Those system requirements actually aren't bad for this day and age of bloated as fuck unoptimized AAA shit. Not saying its okay, but its just typical for the [current year]

I'm sure you can run it on lower settings, if you tweak some shit on a lower level or if you don't mind less than stellar framerates. Not that I'm going to have any issues running it with my Skylake i7 and GTX 970 + 12GB of DDR4 memory

Can't wait to pirate it!

Nah, it's probably going to have one graphical setting.

I knew (((Todd))) rips off people. Never knew he'd go so hard and that far.

Predicting how the game will run on current year + 1 game consoles.

Jesus, it looks like some mid-2000s Java based online browser game. Like Runescape but in first person

I knew Beth's games were coded shit but I didn't know they were that bad.

It's almost beautiful in how abstract it is.

Should the framerate and physics be tied to a clock instead?

That's a nice looking minecraft mod.

I think the loading is tied to the framerate because the loadings in the game arent real loadings

what are they then

of course not

The physics should be.

That's because of the stupid item spinning on the loading screen is using the games renderer, which is naturally tied to framerate, which leads to waiting for next frame to start reading another file and given any area has at least bazillions of tiny files to read you get a "Waiting Screen" instead of a "Loading Screen".

Physics being tied to framerate is not really a bad thing though. it is not like they do anything important with physics to make precision matter.

I would actually buy a system like on the left, but the xbox just goes blurry instead of having sharp, defined pixels

That's not the problem

The problem is that if you want to disable V-Sync to get fps above 60 then the physics start fucking up. Usually to the point where you cannot start the game because the cart carrying you at the beginning will never reach its destination and instead go into a wall.

This actually looks pretty appealing to me. I'm so tired of grimrealistic graphics.

That's the magic of Judaism. They're like cartoon villains; it's all about ruling over everything, actually doing anything with anything be damned.

Yes, that's exactly it.

I forgot that. The contraptions they made for wagons were painful to look at in the modding tools.

Bethesda was better when Christopher Weaver was still around. He was kicked out by Altman right after Morrowind. He's still very mad about it.

I have 3200 hours in Arma 3

There was some cringe worthy shit around the time skyrimjob released. All the normalfags would go on about how they'd jot down their epik4thewin adventures in a journal. Worst still were the autists back on cuck/v/ that would upload screenshots of their garbage creations.

Don't have a list, but dual wielding shields and spears were one of the big ones people got butthurt about.

I don't even know what to describe these faggots as. They're not normalfags, their ignorance outs them as not nerds. What the fuck are they?

Jews are all about ruining everything.

Does anyone have the infographic or article where some Bethesda guy says players don't like reading dialogue anymore? I don't want to make a new theme asking for it.

You think that's ugly, you gotta see how they handle FO4 vertibirds. They're literally Skyrim's dragons, same weird flying pattern and all.

for what fucking purpose

I know, it seems too light for a modded Skyrimjob. At least you need 16GB of RAM.

Please no nigger, at this rate I'll have to upgrade my motherboard, not for a new CPU architecture, but just solely for fucking ram.

Does actually owning the game make modding at all easier?

Will probably run worse than the vanilla version too.

user what year do you think this is?

good job, kek

isn't it a 32 bit game? does that mean it's going to crash every 3 seconds because 32 bits can only address 4gigabytes of memory?

at least you didn't literally spend over a year in hours on grand chase

64 bit? Think 500 bits

you might want to go to the nearest doctor i'm afraid you have a case of retardation

Haven't really been paying attention.

Is this a big deal or something with this special edition? I can already run skryim on max with enb's and about every mod that makes the game look better except maybe the extra grass mod that turns the ground into a fucking farmers field of pure grass.

Seconded. Sounds familiar actually. Takes me back to skyrim release on 4chan. Those were some fun times when the board was still a half decent.

Well, it asks for 8GB RAM, so it'll be 64bit, which may help with stability by hogging all the RAM it can get instead of going OUT OF MEMORY ERROR and crash.

I don't think bethesda can port a game engine made with 0 future proofing to 64 bit

So they just put the 8gig requirement in just for laughs?

do you think todd gets embarrassed when he lays eggs in front of mario?

do you think they are even aware of the memory address limitation of 32 bit architecture? because i don't.

I refuse to believe they'd be dumb enough to state a 8GB RAM requirement for a 32bit executable. There's no way in hell. That's almost as bad as the 600GB RAM for FO4 guy.

What are you, gay?

You have some nice taste there mang.

They're gonna have fun re-writing skse from scratch due to the major api differences and exception handling of 64-bit executables on windows.

64 bit was a mistake

also if your framerate is too high, the physics will start to fuck up pretty bad

also most terminals will become unusable, around 50% of the time you'll clip into them and get stuck when attempting to exit

Well, if you're eternal, you can waste all the time you want, can't you? Besides, maybe it's just that his current material life is bad, and he won't waste time in the next one if it's better.