Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV

Well ? Is this the inflated score from the first viewings or is it actually watchable ?
What does it even have related to final fantasy beside shiny flying ships ?

Well it's the universe of FF15. There's a Weapon that wrecks shit, magic and monsters in a modern-looking world. The action is pretty nice, plot isn't too good.

The CGI was pretty awesome a lot of the time. Lots of scenes were photo-realistic. Every so often the character models looked like they could have been real.

IMO

So it's worth a watch ?

No. It's complete and utter shit. The plot is so fucking retarded I could feel brain cells dying while I was watching it.

The CGI is sort of nice, but nothing really worth it sitting through two hours of this written diarrhea.

Pfff It's not like we're paying for this shit.

I regret the time I wasted watching this turd. At least it confirmed my suspicions that the plot of FFXV is going to be another XIII tier shitfest.

What, do you have something better to be doing? It's not like there's any good video games to play.

I could have taken a nap, I could have taken a walk, I could have played a shitty game, I could have shitposted on Holla Forums.

Yes, I truly regret watching this moronic piece of shit. SE should gas their whole writing and art departments and start from the ground up, there is no salvaging anything here.

This movie is like a neverending nightmare, the more I know about it, the more awful it gets.

Next you'll tell me how much money SE sank into this turd.

Yeah I'd say so. If anything just for the action and fight scenes with what's his name that can teleport to where ever he throws his knife. Kind of a cool gimmick. The game is going to be trash though.

Production budget hasn't been released apparently.

Just thinking how much money SE has already burned marketing XV really makes me want to pick up a drinking habit.

All that money wasted on this turd when they have so many good IPs just collecting dust.

That's why you have to buy FF XV user, that way they can show some love to those other IPs.

Is the plot better or worse than Spirits Within?

It's evil tech empire attacking nice magic empire and pulling a fake peace treaty. Protagonist of the movie is guarding the princess waifu of the game's protagonist. Some useless fatass is salty that his sisterfu got killed and rebels. It's basic and takes too long for how boring it is.

SE would find a way to fuck it up, and their translation would butcher anything good left.

Worse, so much worse. At least Spirits Within had characters that had understandable motivations, and the worldbuilding makes sense. If there are guns soldiers are going to use fucking guns.

Here you have some gay magical knight brigade with daggers that let them teleport. Okay, it kind of makes sense, but then you have their police force (the magical kingdom seemingly lacks any sort of army) that also fight with fucking batons in a similar style to the gay knight, but they lack teleportation, so it ends up looking so moronic.

Oh, and there's a few of them smart enough to figure out there's guns, but all they give them are pea shooter. Meanwhile the tech empire has assault rifles, but the art design fucks it up by dressing them in chainmail and having them drive cartoonish mecha.

The art direction is all over the place, mostly in a shitty place, and it clashes terribly with the modern, real world aesthetics they have elsewhere.

I wonder how badly square will back pedal after this shit tanks?

It's a paradox this time. Instead of watching Sean Bean die, he's watching you slowly die while the movie kills off your brain cells.

Shitting on it like this makes me want to watch it more. Great job articulating.

It's worth a pirate. The plot is weak and the action scenes can get a little too CRAZY but overall it wasn't bad.

Sounds like another Advent Children. As long as it doesn't manage to be more emo than Advent Children then I'm down.

Until you've watched this shitpile you have no right to criticize anyone's opinions.

I unfortunately paid money for this. I expected little and was still let down. Like the other FT movies the director and writer clears have no idea how to tie key points in their head together. The editing is also horrendous. It cuts to a different shot of the same scene, no joke, every other second. Like a cartoon specifically made for those with ADD. It never lets you digest anything. Probably because it knows it's all hollow.
The most you get out of this if you're looking forward to the game is the villain's motivation and justification. That's it.

Please. The fact that it spites you is only tertiary.

I especially love the part where the magic kingdom's last city is under siege, with a dubious magical shield keeping the enemy out, and everyone just goes on about their lives as usual, relying on a force of refugees (and they couldn't resists that little bit of pozz there) to fight for them.

There might as well not be a war out there for the rest of the populace, and their "wise" king does fuckall to prepare their resistance in the event of an invasion.

Oh, and it's pretty great how the crystal powering their shield, their one and only defense against the enemy, is guarded by maybe a dozen mooks armed with batons and pistols.

Or the part where the old kings in the ring don't give two shits their kingdom is going down in flames and get more upset some hoodrat beats them at bantz.

I geniunely got angry at the film when Aaron Paul at the end said "DONT YOU KNOW, IM THE HERO" like all that forced dialouge of everyone calling him that was this amazing build up to this stupid pay off. Felt patronizing.

2/10 seriously square hire a competent director

Did this get a actual theater release? Did they not learn from the last time they tried to do a movie that didn't directly pander to the fans of the largest success they had? Hope it doesn't ruin them again like it did Squaresoft.

Why? When was the last time SE did anything worthwhile?

That's how it's spelled, third-worlder.

The Jews were never enslaved in Egypt, and never built the pyramids. Ironic that their origin myth is a lie about them being persecuted. Seems history does repeat itself.

true
the rain of frogs, though, that's real

it looks nice but sux
just look up pictures of the movie and glare at those in fullscreen for a few minutes

it's mediocre at best, but it has some nice action scenes and the story is ok-ish.