en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euglossa_bazinga
mega.nz/#!48Aw1LJB!TIc-jYs3eOZqCThLZmlbLSjtDkqROC0XRPOuaphdMYw
forums.duke4.net/topic/8966-wip-world-tour-eduke32-compatibility-stopgap/
fissile.duke4.net/fissile_attrition.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BAZINGA

they didn't even bother changing those ancient fucking graphics

of course a lazy reboot would bomb

20th Anniversary Duke Nukem World 3D Tour isn't Duke Nukem 3D.

Is Megaton the last decent release?

Megaton is just Atomic Edition with a sourceport
Reminder to support eduke32's source port, it's ridiculously good and is the most native if not the most faithful experience you'll have with Duke Nukem 3D

It's not quite that bad, but it still sold like shit. Thank god.

The Duke is dead. It's time for Wang to rise to the top!

You're the expert on watching wang rise, so I'll have to take your word for it.

Shadow Warrior reboot is actually a bretty good game (dunno about the sequel).

Never said it wasn't, faggo.

There's nothing wrong with the graphics homolord, it's just that they are re-re-releasing the same game.

I hear the graphics are supposedly "updated".

Also the game for some reason still has low quality sounds but with re-recorded Duke dialogue so it feels inconsistent in terms of quality

Pic related

Even though Douk is dead, at least Picthford won't get back those millions wasted on Stillborn.
Fuck that giant kike faggot.

Also, anyone got a mega or torrent link to the old version?

Fucking bastards. God, why did the IP land in Gearbox's lap, of all devs?

MAYBE BECAUSE THIS SHITTY RERELEASE ONLY HAS A NEW EIGHT LEVEL EPISODE DESIGNED BY DIPSHITS THAT QUITE POSSIBLY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE DESIGN PHILOSOPHY OF THE OLD GAME, MEANWHILE THE MEGATON EDITION HAD THE ORIGINAL GAME PLUS THE FUCKING EXPANSIONS THAT PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CLAMORING FOR FOR FUCKING YEARS!!!!!!!!!!

YES I'M STILL FUCKING MAD AT EVERY CUCK THAT ALLOWED THIS SHIT TO HAPPEN IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE AND FUCK GEARBOX!!!!!!

A strong wang can penetrate any fanbase.

What exactly happened with the Megaton Edition that got it taken down? All I know is that it was up one day and down the next.

Except this new wang is nothing like the old wang, sure, old wang was much wrinkly, but it was a more funky wang, this new wang is young and not as fun wang to be with, honestly, this new wang is more bland and less funky wang, I want a wang that makes me giggle, not a wang that makes me frown.

Holy shit. The just replaced Megaton edition with this garbage

devolver digitals published the megaton edition, held the rights to republish the game for a year, then gearbox came in and said fuck off, then this happened

I get you, nothing beats the warmth of an old wang.

Shit.
Not a surprise Gearbox would be cunts and do a cheap re-release, then.

They say you can't teach an old wang new tricks, but they're wrong, old wang has big head! Very smart, very potent!

I'll just stick with the free version of Atomic Edition that I got from GoG.

They took the crosses off the medipacks, I wonder who that was for?

They also changed dialogue

Is it still there? I want to get that.

Nope. You can probably get the installer from someone else, though.

That reminds me, I gotta see if anyone uploaded the vita version of the megaton edition anywhere.

This.
Holy shit as if I needed yet ANOTHER reason to hate Gearbox after the way they treated Eduke's creator.

Just pirate it now, Duke can be run just like any other game with source code through a source port.

It's kind of painful to look at.

What did they do? Also any bets on when Stillborn goes ftp?

Shadow Warrior's story made it feel like the people who worked on the cutscenes were in another building from the rest of the team. It was very strange.

I already have it, no need to pirate. But if you don't have it yet, yeah, you could pirate the gog installer for atomic edition and play it via sourceport.

American Red Cross trademark. Have you been paying attention?

Wasn't this game shareware back in 1994?

Also paying for old games in general is stupid. Doubt any of the original devs will see a cent.

GOG?

torrentz2.eu/0d4c52e65d5c087cb528a2665b6c13bc9c0e1e11

The only people who care about rights are people who want to buy it on Steam because of achievements and muh library. Faggots.

techraptor.net/content/duke-nukem-dust-up-gearbox-vs-gobeille

You ignore pure convenience, something that a lot of people on Holla Forums tend to underrate.
There are a LOT of impulse buyers that literally just buy the first thing on Steam they see with no real research.

Are you a stupid fucking retard?

The mayority of the casuals are mumbling retards, this is not news, however not even casuals would buy this shit repack even for the sake of either convenience or in-group ecred. It's just THAT half-assed that it just won't even generate profit to gearbox for the effort.

Like I said: faggots.

Steam has made PC gaming convenient and casual. Whether or not that's a good thing is what people have to decide for themselves.
Personally I don't like videogame Facebook much. But then I was a PC gamer in the late 90s.

That's one factor, but there are also other reasons as well. An example being hardware has been better for consumers on a budget, and has had progressive improvements since 2010 and onwards. PC gaming also became more popular thanks to growing popularity on the internet. Also again, PC gaming became more convenient with the introduction of online stores, like steam.

DUDE WEED LMAO

Who was really gonna buy it anyways? Duke 3D has come out over several iterations, always more definitive than the last, and on every platform that exists now.

I feel it's more like whomever wanted Duke already picked him up with the Atomic Edition.

PS4 and Xbone owners.

I guess. But what PS4/Xbone owner didn't have a previous console that had the Atomic Edition on it?

Just saying. There was plenty of opportunity for people to pick up Duke 3D.

They are just scrapping the bottom of the barrel with this shit

Are those shitty new one liners optional at least?

Dude, WTF? I planned on buying this, but then I forgot all about it. They could have marketed this better. I'll be sure to pick this up.

How did all the "cucks" let the new Duke3D happen? It was all the developers idea.

Are you retarded? It's the worst edition yet.

How?

So you into NTR or something?

Considering the shady shit that went down regarding this re-re-release, I'm glad it's not selling very well. Then again they barely added anything to the game so it's not like they broke the bank developing this.

While the Shadow Warrior remake wasn't necessarily awful, it was nothing like the original Shadow Warrior. They should've just made it a new IP.

Shitty new one liners that nobody asked for (Bazinga, dude weed lmao joke ) and they removed the expansion packs that were included in Megaton.

F

while you get a brand new 8 level episode with no secret levels, you miss out Duke It Out In DC, Atomic Winter, Life's A Beach expansion packs, that was originally in the megaton/atomic editions.

The game also introduces a replay feature that allows you to easily play the game with no consequences, just rewind and enjoy, but you can disable that.
Along with new rendering option, that adds in more "detailed" lighting and ambient occlusion which by the way adds in dark halos around corners, it fucking sucks, it's used fairly adequate in episode 5, but the other episodes are fucking blooming with shit lighting that is absolute trash, compared to eduke32 source port that didn't fuck this up. Along with the sound being absolute fucking shit, the only thing remastered is duke's voice, which his performance can range from alright to absolute garbage. Oh wait, the sound was remastered, remastered to sound even shittier along with the music!
Also if you want to scroll through weapons instantly with the scroll wheel, you can't because we made this game for consoles as well!

You also cannot configure/turnoff auto-aiming unlike the original game on the original DOS and other source ports like; devolver's opengl source port, the community's made eduke32 source port

When Banjo-Kazooie got an XBLA port, all the icons were updated and a few more things were fixed. This is fucking nothing.

Steam isn't about PC gaming. Steam is a digital console. Anyone using it is a consolecuck.

Not bad

Are you literally retarded?

Go back to Reddit.

No, serious fucking question, how fucking stupid does one have to be to compare steam to a console? IQ 85? Lower?

I blame Holla Forums (and reddit, naturally) for steam getting as big as it did, personally. They fucking shilled it(and mustard rice bullshit) like no tomorrow, to the point where gabe newell might as well have been a fucking saint. Anyone who tried to say anything bad about steam may as well have been Neogaf.

Don't forget the fact that Consoles now are just Pre-built PCs using custom operating systems, because nobody can be bothered to even make a working game these days, let alone ports that take advantage of unique hardware.

No, it's a "digital service" that offers it's own prebuilts, there is no such thing as a console anymore.

I see you in your high IQ never saw how most of its game are console games or that Steam itself functions as a digital game console with it's forced use. You getting mad is a sign of you knowing this unconsciosly but refusing the fact.

Consoles have become dumbed down PCs for sure, but that does not keep from Steam funtioning as one. To thar extent, a Steambox is just a physical console version of Steam.

I disagree entirely, but hey.

I'm not mad, that was just a stupid opinion.

So you admit steam is "funtioning" as a PC, even it it's, according to you, "dumbed down".

How the fuck do you remake a game and make it worse than a made-for-free community edition?

Believe that an incompetent professional is better than a capable amateur.

Fuck Gearbox. They're probably hoping that the whole "Ha ha, now you guys have nowhere else to buy the game from!" thing will net them a few bucks, and that no one will know to look for EDuke32.

oh yeah, the new enemies in episode 5 spit fireballs that apply a dot effect, the only problem is your whole screen is orange! they also throw "traps" that also ignite you and blow up on death!

If they put more than 10$ and a blowjob into the development budget, and maybe did something like remake it in UE4 it could actually be less shit than Duke Nukem: Forever.

They couldn't even do that, and managed to be even more disappointing

vocaroo.com/i/s1Vzg92DMev1

well its simple, get Megaton edition, and run it with eduke32

TREBLINKA

Does he really say Bazinga?

Yes according to this link I found, but it barely sounds like him…

That picture is very minimalist.

Paladins exist as a f2p alternative to Waifuwatch.
Stillborn is dead.

Of course not, that would be stupid.

Rest assured, if you actually played the game and looked into the files, hang on a second, what's this file?

That can't be real. Nobody or developer is truly that fucking stupid and inept.

They had Anthony Birch on staff.

Oh dude, just listen to

Whom they let meme up Borderlands 2 because he was too lazy to read up on the story of the first game.

And let's not forget that Gearbox stole the idea and art direction of Borderlands. Oh, and the invalid guy that made Megaton and uses the money to pay for his hospitalized wife? Pitchford told him to go fuck himself after he cheated him out of the money by claiming they had no contract.

This is Queerbox.
It's a company that is past the ability to dissapoint or shock with it's moronic antics.

I own atomic edition on gog still. if anyone wants any of the game files so they don't want to bother with it lemme know. Give me what site to upload the files to

Oh shit, i almost forgot, gearbox made a duke nukem twatter account trying to ape Sanic, except this account is ran by Randy himself so instead of being a full on shitlord, this "Duke" is m'ladying left and right and is hitting on literal man to female transvestites.
Randy Pitchford raped my childhood hero.

all h-hail the queen m'lady

see the update in

I guess Pitchford decided suing a cripple was extremely bad publicity and gave him a pity job.

As for the bullshit that went down with 3DRealms, rumor is that they were originally going to completely sell off Douk with the agreement they had with Gearbox fixing and finishing up DNF but backed out at the last minute. Unfortunately for them they signed one of the documents with the sale before they backed out, Pitchford saved a copy and later used it against them stealing Douk away without even paying any shekels. Basically threatened to slam 3DRealms with lawsuit after lawsuit forcing them into bankruptcy if they resisted. Its why they acted dumbfounded at first when Pitchford went around saying he owned Douk.

Jesus fucking Christ. How can one man contain so much kikery within himself without actually being Jewish?

Hell, even Jews aren't this greedy and rapacious.

Is there any mega link available for this cashgrab yet? I want to check if this one still uses the same file structure as any Duke mod and if it runs on Eduke32.

What's bad about this port?

Steam is like the PlayStation store with a nice bit of windows 10 and Facebook sprinkled on top.

I think I prefer Sony in this regard since

But PC gaming has changed irrevocably. No sense ranting about windmills.

Never before have I felt a need to destroy as I have now. Randy can go die in a car crash and get pissed on his grave.

the original GRP file for all the duke you need is slightly "changed" for legal reasons, for example the medkit no longer has the red cross because of red cross.

with the modified GRP file, CON files not sure if they're running, you can easily run the map file except it's missing the custom and new textures, skyboxes and all that they added in the episode 5 along with missing music of course

heres the E5M1 being played in eduke32, notice the bridges that was showed at the trailer if you have not played the game yet

no, that's literally why that happened

they did the same thing for the Doom BFG rereleases; Red Cross suddenly became really anal about red crosses being in other things

Holy shit.

It's one thing to be a jew, that's annoying, but it's another to just be the fucking devil. God fucking damn I hate Randy so much.

I dont think 3D Realms should have went back to owning Duke after what they did with Forever's development and how their new game Bombshell turned out, but that was some shit Gearbox pulled.

Oh shucks, I was going to buy it after that hella epic song he sang during the announcement XD

I'm still disappointed Stillborn didn't kill Gearbox.

Eat shit faggot.

Why? Now we get to see what Borderlands 3 will be like.

With Burch gone it might actually be better. Not like they can make it any shittier than it already is.

Burch being there was just showing that the whole team is fucking cancer, you can also look at the gearbox presentation where they announced this rape of the game to see its still filled with "lol white men amirite"?

New episode was developed by Levelord and Blum, the people who are responsible for old episodes. However, new episode isn't that great outside of few levels.

There is one secret level though which is Rome if I'm not mistaken. Also, you forgot to mention shit mouse aiming and there is no settings for that.

It's also WAD compatible. Look user, thing is a shitting dickload of new wads were made and aren't currently being hosted elsewhere. Regardless of how you feel about steam workshop, it'd suck to see those wads go.

Were the expansion packs made by someone else? I don't know what retarded reason for that would be. I guess maybe they also just didn't want to have to re-record for them.

How's bringing the new episode to e Duke32 going?

I feel like I've lost a couple weeks off my lifespan

2007 was a mistake.

At least Sony takes a bit of care with older games, Steam just allows anyone to dump some half broken old shit on their store with no fixes or anything.

Waiting for this too. Eventhough the gameplay footage I've seen so far looks like a mess.

What do you expect when it has all of those out of context and retarded memes like bazinga. At least the old references in the original were in character and made sense in the circumstance.

Also randy talked abouth ow he wants to make DUke more current year and so did a few others in gear box. Also the treatment of the employees was terrible and Randy explicitly makes every employee unable to make fun of him or Anthony by contract.

One of the former employees even talked about how that new level they advertise was not made by the original map developers but was instead just sort of approved by them. The employee even mentioned how the new level was not going to even have new enemies originally.

DDL sites like IGG games have the game up.

now maybe Randy will sing a song about how entitled we are

Apparently even LGR (who is a huge Duke Nukem fanboy) was disappointed by it. So well, Gearbox bombed quite hard

so is a console, you dumb shit.
that's what he's saying
a console is just a locked down computer

Good, I hope Gearbox collapses and they have to sell the Duke Nukem IP, a cuck like Randy doesn't deserve the duke.

RE-REMINDER THAT THE ONLY GREAT GAME GEARBOX HAS EVER MADE WAS AN EXPANSION PACK FOR ANOTHER VIDEO GAME

this is why i prefer gog

You have no idea how sick I am as a Dutchman of hearing shitty weed jokes.
In an Amsterdam level, of all things.

They actually did add HD NEXT GEN EFFECTS to the original 2.5D graphics

Is this good?

Where is the talk on these former employees? I wanna know what goes on inside Gearbox.

If they offered like a discount for how many versions of Duke Nukem you owned I have a feeling he'd be kinder to it.

Probably yes, as much as he can be unbiased Clint is still naive in his vidya taste

kek
also: if any faggot wants me to upload megaton edition then i'll get onto downloading it for ye faggots from steam
yes i did buy it, no it won't have cracks. use SSE or some shit. might also bundle in the shadow warrior classic redux version if if feel like it

I actually forgot this was going on, and Duke 3D was one of my all time favorites

Good one

Oh yeah, that souless trailer…

Protip: Don't trip and fall. For your own safety, never sprint (because nothing shouts "action" like slug-paced movement)
Protip: It's a bad idea to use a rocket launcher at point-blank, unless you have God mode on (0:39)
Protip: Aim for the stars! Even if you miss, auto aim will smoke that Liztrooper (1:14)
Protip: Why come up with original content when you can just implement something that was scrapped (but appeared on the box) of the original 1996 release? (1:30)

HAHHAHAHA FUCK GEARBOX
IH OPE THEY ALL DROWN ON THEIR DIARRHOEA AND HAVE TO SELL DOUK NUKEM

Duke 3D Megaton + Shadow Warrior Classic Redux:
mega.nz/#!k4YkERZL!qhwg6ChcsvsIeXpSYcxdirYw4jV4MFfVJzq4XY88BGU

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gail_J._McGovern

yeah skullgirls changed valentine's crosses from red to this weird, jarring, violet color

Which pretty much means that Gggmanlives is a confirmed paid shill. Should've guessed earlier with his nuDood review.

That is good at least since apparently, according to that former employee, they ended up making the game no be able t o be modded or have a workshop since they wanted to make more dlc and the coders were to fucking stupid to figure out how to code the game so that it could accept mods.

dkm fam

Maybe gearbox will go bankrupt or will have to sell Duke or some other asset.

sounds fine to me

Thanks. Works fine with eduke32.

Don't forget that fans already made a flamethrower weapon that looks and performs better than the one in Gearbox's version.

There's one important thing to consider even though it's a shit cash grab:
There is actually a Duke3D online playerbase right now. But after a week or two there will be no available matches anymore.

well, Gearbox should be getting used to that by now, shouldn't they?

Gearbox being attached to this game already made me not want it.
The one thing that interested me was the developer commentary, but if I have to hear Randy Pichford instead of the actual original developers then i'm not even going to pirate it.

Yeah, out of everything I saw from him nuDoom and Duke was really jarring by comparison of everything else he's done. He never even mentioned the big flaw with the final boss.

Does the next part of the story involve them going out of business from how they blow millions for no profit.

I bloody well hope so

You hear both.

I hope that's true. That's hilarious.

Gotta source on that info

it only gets worse, and you know it

Good, fuck Pitchford. That greedy prick should be laughed out of the industry.

Hail to the New King Baby!

We need this series to get a revival just for this.

Take a look at the Duke video comments, he has the audacity to defend Randy for all the Megaton Edition debacle.

That has actually been in the works for quite some time now.
Duke Nukem origin and is said to be inspired by the dark knight movies by Randy.
It sure sounds epic 4 teh winzords, fellow Bazingers!

Anyone got the full story on Pitchfork and the Cripple I keep hearing references to? I wanna see citations so I can show my friends how shitty of a company gearbox is. Any details on the transfer of rights from 3DR to gearbox would be nice too

Fucking rekt

daily reminder

Over this stupid this twitter shit he did vid related because he was so butthurt over it.
Watching him crash and burn is great.

Forgot vid

If you had ever worked wit hthe people at Gearbox, you'd realize most of them are so far up their own asses they dont care. They actually believe they are doing a good job.
You have these 20 something or 30 something hip-plaid wearing beardos working in game design. You have women with giant afros and silly hairdoos working in game design. As someone who seen inside the industry, it is a disorganized joke. I was shattered to realize that video game production isn't a small group of people working on something they love, delegated by a team manager. Video game production is hundreds of people clustered in an office, being overpaid to drink coffee and copy whatever naughty dog threw out this year (no, seriously).

You didn't realize that until now? Shit mang AAA games are coded by dozens of disposable code monkeys that'll be chewed up and spat out for each game while management is ran by nepotism and zero fucks given about anything but themselves, executives are marketers who only kno0w and care about marketing a product (plague of all tech industry), and the artists, writers, and new voice actors are just a bunch of Hollywood drop outs who're still butthurt by what Roger Ebert once said about vidya gaems.

Who?

Some ultra-tasteless fag who thinks moving pictures are art.

Seriously, someone else or me asks this every thread about bitchfork, and I really want to see something more than rumors.

archive.is/ecnCT
The tweets took place around April 19-20 of this year. I believe the tweets are all still there, so you can probably find them all if any tweet chains aren't archived.
@DuvalMagic is Randy Pitchford, and @voidpnt is Richard "TerminX" Gobeille, who was the head of the EDuke32 source port and the Megaton Edition.

You got Blood per chance, user?

Nobody has Blood anymore.

both of them
will get on uploading the first one now

Also, i have absolutely no idea how to start the games.

Just tell them to get the Atomic Edition from emuparadise and drop it into Eduke32. Boom.

Wasn't he fired?

There is a jellyfish genus named Bazinga.
I'm not even kidding you.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bazinga_(genus)
There's also a type of bee.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euglossa_bazinga
Scientists are so fucking autistic towards anything that even slightly references them in pop culture..

download smartsteamemu if you want to go the route of using the executables included (those files are my direct ones from steam)
you can also use the grp files from the folders and load them into the appropriate source ports (SWP for shadow warrior, EDuke32 for duke).
with blood i'm gonna have to just recommend replacing the dosbox included with a non-steam version (blood's uploaded at 74% right now)

Yeah, no.
Is there a dos emulator out there for non autistic people?

Blood (Direct from Steam Install with no replaced files)
mega.nz/#!48Aw1LJB!TIc-jYs3eOZqCThLZmlbLSjtDkqROC0XRPOuaphdMYw

just grab a frontend or some shit for dosbox (i don't use frontends so i can't advise one)

Doesn't work, even with the correct app id.

hmm. that's odd. i have tested it in SSE and in SSE it came up with multiple options for shortcuts and it did load. but either way, you can grab the grp files from the folders and use them in SWP for shadow warrior or EDuke32 since they are basically the same files that they would use anyway

I don't care anymore.
Thanks anyway.

oh my god im so shocked who could possibly foreseen that?

well lets go again

WELCOME FOR A NEW EPISODE OF… WHATS THE REASON

What excuse will the developers used to justified the failure of the game?

LLLLETS SPIN THAT WHEEL, WALLY

Nice way to start a Steam review.

I'm actually fairly amazed that Gearbox actually has drones willing to defend any piece of complete garbage they shit out.

I hate this meme. They did it to the BFG Doom 1&2 release, and the secret levels in Doom 4. All because they're scared of getting sued by the red cross international. Yeah, thanks for deleting history just for the sake of legal defence.

Well, I don't know… I really think they'll make the maps, environment, everything like the first Borderlands game
Deserted

Post YFW Cuckbox goes under

How is Gearbox still alive? How, after FOUR megaton blunders, are they still alive? And how is Randy still in vidya? SOMEONE ANSWER ME

If colonial marines showed us anything Gearbox isn't above stealing money from publishers

If Borderlands ever showed us anything, Gearbox isn't above contacting the art director of Codebreakers, saying they're not interested in a collaboration, then stealing the art style for their then boring and uninspired game.

Don't forget they had to pull out all copies of Duke3D from various stores so they can ensure that their cashout will sell.

Borderlands sells stupidly well for some reason. Though if that falls I can see the rats fleeing to Kickstarter to scam people out of money like Tim Schafer successfully did, and is still doing

What's even good about Borderlands anyway?

"It's fun with friends!" - People with shit taste in multiplayer games

This, though normalfags fail to realize that ANY game is fun with friends.

There's only one good thing about Borderlands.

To be fair, if you even have a little bit of fun with someone else, most bad things become somewhat fun. There's a reason why so many gaming channels are focused around the multiplayer experience.

annoying as fuck voice, horrifyingly badly written dialogue, completely and utterly retarded quests "go pick up muh badonkadonks". 0/10 go home burch

Boarderlands benefits from turd world marketing. That and the target audience for those games are literately children and young teens. This is why they added the meme speak and "lol so random" humor.

Borderlands 2 was fun for a while.

Then it became a soulless grind fest.

After 30 hours of Borderlands you'll feel like a Japanese salaryman looking for a good tree to hang himself from on Christmas day.
Ofcourse reviewers don't actually finish games so it wasn't an issue for them. Hell does ANYONE actually finish games these days?

But at least Gearbox made one classic. Not everyone can do that. Does it make the last 17 years worth it?

The answer is no.

The weapons generation.

Everything else ranges from tolerable to annoying.

Well he did say he didn't want people to play his games

Yeah, Gearbox did make one classic, and that game sure as hell isn't Borderlands 2.
It's Half Life: Opposing Force

When and how did Gearbox get a hold of the HL IP?

It's was a contract job. They also did Blue Shift, which wasn't great. And they also worked on Counter Strike Zero Condition (Gearbox being Gearbox, they hired mappers responsible for the original maps) for a while before Valve decided to ask someone else to work on it (Ritual I think?)

i have 3 extra copies of megaton edition from a 4 pack i bought ages ago.
what do?

post the keys

fuck no
i hate most of you

Blow 'em out your ass.

then go back to reddit goy

go there youself faggin wagon

Did they expect this to be a huge hit? Almost everyone who likes old-school shootans already owns DN3D anyway, and everyone else won't get terribly excited about buying an ancient game for $20.

Just got done playing it. It's really fun. Good for the price too. Has a Borderlands feel to it, so if you like that then you'll be good, but I considered that a flaw.

i think their angle was "you loved duke 3d, here's more of it! we've just made it better for a more modern experience!"

(checked)
Borderlands 1 or 2?

I wish Gaybox had just stuck to making expansions and ports for other games. PS2 Half-Life and PC Halo are both solid ports, PS2 Half-Life even supports USB Mouse+Keyboard and can also run the Uplink demo mission if you have the right disc, and supports widescreen iirc which was pretty rare at the time for console games. I think Halo PC even still gets updates.

As far as their original IPs Brothers in Arms was at least semi-passable, for something in the most paint-by-numbers oversaturated genre of the time.But if it had to lead to Memelands, Colonial Marines Stillborn et.all then I wish BIA never happened, I definitely could have lived without it.

Fucking hell. Just watched somebody complete the episode. It's depressing. Duke sounds so low energy, it's like dragging your grandpa through a field full of dog poo as he recalls his time in the trenches… the level design is uninspired at best, the new enemy and weapon are forgettable, the last boss is a poorly-programmed palette swap…

Wizard Works made a much better work with Duke It Out In DC and Life's a Beach.

I'm going to take a long hot shower. I'm not sure I'll ever get out of it. Somedays maybe, but I don't want to think about it. Because this abomination will probably still be there.

I'm not really a fan of western lolis that talk like niggers.

The gun generation , and for me, the setting and atmosphere, strangely enough. BL2 took a gigantic dump on both of those.

>tfw BloodXL will NEVER EVER be finished along with the other XLEngine games

A very big film critic who is really big into movie shit. Guy wrote some screenplays and was friends with various directors in the 70s. Hipsters holds this man's word in high regard, and he's quoted as saying video games will never be art and remain purely entertainment. These words have more or less been ingrained in the Hollywood glory hound drop outs who move to the vidya industry because the only other big industry where they can be even a fraction of the experience of being a Hollywood star.

The fact he retracted that statement when he actually tried out some video games, and said they can be art but most never will be is never really mentioned much. But they hate video games so much they'll ignore and pretend he never said that.

I play games for fun not art.

However I've played a lot of games that actually had better stories and characters than the average Hollywood blockbuster.

Homeworld is better than any sci-fi movie that came out in the last 10 years. Cameron could do a movie on it but he'd fuck it up.

I've never really understood the Borderlands setting and atmosphere and what makes them unique.

It just looks like my home state. It just looks like Texas.

I love homeworld

but Interstellar is a contender

It's got a "junkyard planet" type of feel.
But in fairness, they actually stole that from a short film. I hope another user is able to go more into detail on it.

I couldn't make it past 7 minutes, THIS is your average console player. Devs don't know how to make good sound quality anymore.

Kill yourself.

Stop attributing Homeworld to Gearbox: it was created by Relic and Randy "Good Boy" Pitchford only bought the rights to a good game when THQ died. Gearbox is "all the talent money can buy".

The same reason why Bioware is still relevant, Gearbox is a 2K's bitch.

To be fair, you have to be an absolute masochist to be able to finish this piece of shit, I couldn't handle more than 30 minutes. Couldn't finish the first game either, although I played it for several hours.

They could sell it if it wasn't a shitty attempt at cashgrab with zero efforts put into it. People would kill for a good port with all expansions and with that PS1 episode or for better sprites and more new enemies, everyone would forget about Megaton immediately. They could also release beta and alpha material, something what people were looking for when Interceptor bought 3DR and promised to release before it was too late.

I really hope they sell Duke rights and then die, it's amazing how such worthless company is still in business, they did absolutely nothing good for their entire existence except those HL expansions.

Ask yourself why did you buy a 4-pack if you have nobody to give the other 3 copies to.

Yeah I'm old school

If everyone's ever in need of a reason to kill themselves check the average Steamfag library.

Gamers a shit.

yfw Duke Nukem 3D 20th anniversary is a psyop to help push the forced WW3 meme by making helping to make nukes seem normal

we're almost at the point of missile shield technology where nukes are a nonissue for any of the richer countries. the EU, russia, China, north america, israel etc. conventional warfare will return in our lifetimes. look it up

I saw that Holla Forums thread, but we're not quite there yet. The Democrat establishment is trying to force WW3 to cover up their crimes. Putin's been up to some amazing work behind the scenes though. Ganbare, Putin-sama!

I heard that BL3 will be written by the guy who wrote BL1. Maybe the mad-max type atmosphere will return, who knows?

maybe they could give it interesting characters and a convincing world map and also modded STALKER-tier gunplay

EDuke32 devs are already working on World Tour support.
forums.duke4.net/topic/8966-wip-world-tour-eduke32-compatibility-stopgap/

It still has a lot of bugs, but it shouldn't take too long to fully support the new episode.

You only need to know like three commands to use DOSBox, fucking retard.

Lol, i want to play a game, not take a programing seminar, fuck off nerd.
This shit emulator doesn't work.

There is patched version with a menu and proper joystick support (Dosbox shit doesn't even work with a standard-issue 360 pad),

It was a 8th gen console port, nobody gives a fuck on how it does on Steam.

hellow randy pitchford. I guess your programming skills are rusty since you have all your minions sucking your dick 24/7.

The new True 3D engine actually improves the game a lot though. And the developer commentary is nice. I've always wanted to know more about how the game was made. Compared to how many videos there are on this topic for Doom, Duke 3D has very little in comparison. Though it's a shame the commentary doesn't feature in all of the original levels. Is it worth shelling out for the game again if you don't already own it though? Probably not.

name?

I like the memes.

Absolutely disgusting.

It really is only fun with friends. On its own it moves slowly, reading the objectives doesn't matter because it's always the same shit (kill X of Y, collect X of Z, prep the bull, assassinate boss Number n…), so it's best to skip them all together like you would in a multiplayer game.
Gun generation is the hook, just like Diablo2 or even pokemans - it's all about the promise of better things, you just have to grind a "bit".

Although I'm sure there's a standalone mod for the flamethrower, in that screenshot I was playing the Attrition mod, which includes the flamethrower as one of a few new weapons available.

fissile.duke4.net/fissile_attrition.html

Attrition is a gameplay mod where killing enemies gives you experience which will upgrade your weapons. As you get more experience, enemies will start getting replaced with stronger variations that have new attacks and abilities.

This is bullshit. There is no shield for several hundred ICBMs coming at you from motherfucking SPACE.

ICBMs nowadays have multiple warheads including decoys and are filled with electronic warfare shit. If Russia or China go all out you've got 30 minutes to run to the shelters.

Ik ook. Daarbij, waarom zou Duke wiet roken, dat past totaal niet bij de rest van de zooi die hij doet.

Yep, the Netherlands is also top producer of synthetic drugs. You don't take weed when you're on a killing spree. Have these people ever smoked weed? Amphetamines.

Here, have some commands:
CD = Change Directory (CD.. goes back to parent directory, while CD DUKE3D will move you to "DUKE3D")
DIR = List all files in current directory (it supports masks, for instance DIR *.EXE will display all files ending with EXE)
Typing the name of an EXE file will launch it. There. Your programming seminar is over.

This can't be real

isnt over 40 a little too old for videogames jiji?

>Out with the old in with the BAZINGA!

the last part is over the top. would have been funnier if you did not feel the need to explain the joke. Good think you have learned to accept your loss Buckley!

Took me 3 minutes to TOTALLY LEGALLY download the Megaton edition. Thanks me boyos!

I guess devs are angry that old games were better and that the stuff they make in current year is shit.

So they buy old IPs and rape them.

I was just about to buy 3D, then pitchford pulled that shit.

ANything else cringy he says?

watch croteam rip Duke a new asshole in next SS

live in fear if you want, man, but I'm telling you, for every big intercontinental weapon there is a smaller, faster one to blow it out of the sky and some skynet level shit to launch hundreds of those to counter the hundreds of theoretical space-missiles. being nuked is something that is either going to happen very, very soon or likely never unless you live in some tribal shithole.

Somebody has played the AMC TC total conversion?