Colonial Charter mod (doubles the content) for Banished:
http:// colonialcharter.com

Wiki for the mod:
colonialcharter.com/index.php/wiki

What are you building?
Tired of your citizen's shit?
Starved a village recently?

Fuck the mountain men challenge.

Did Banished get anywhere or is it still rather shallow and pointless?

I'd be lying if I said it got anywhere on its own, but with the mod its pretty cool.

Are you fucking serious

last time I played Banished it seemed very incomplete.

very comf

hot diggity damn.
banished is probably the comfiest game out there.

Tell that to all the people dying of starvation.

you forgot to build a school didn't you? your people are below nigger level of absolutely retarded without education.

They just want food stamps, working is for crackers anyway.

Yeah, real comfy in that ghost town I bet.

If there's still no ending, what's the point? And a game like this, what possible ending could there be? Is that the point, to endlessly watch your people have a brief period of success only to die horribly?

Are there any citybuldiers but with millitary aspect to it?

Like you need to build a city but also menage a military

Stronghold is kinda like this

Tropico series.

Caesar series has military iirc.

just like real life

read a book faggot

Go play soccer if gameplay matters that much to you

Had extreme comfy at the town of
HELLSIDE
although that serenity was slightly disturbed a year ago when I took in 100+ nomads and half of them starved.

I need to update my screenshots when I play again later today. Why the hell does the game save screenshots as .bmp?

I also dislike how the no-HUD screenshots don't remove those ingame icons.

Boring game where constant expansion is needed in order for the population to stay alive. There is nothing to do and mods only add more "goals" that ultimately lead to the same problem. In the end there is zero reason to play this game.

Not true, I've made sustainable villages in unmodded Banished before.
And even so, "what's the point of living, you're just going to die anyway".
Sometimes the journey is it's own reward.

Anno series.

The journey is making a sizable city then watching as a hundred people suddenly need more homes even though you simply don't have any room on the map to expand.

is the AI in the vanilla game still retarded with villagers dawdling around and starving instead of getting some food from the stockpiles?

Colonial Charter is pretty great.

My current save is having pretty severe food issues and stagnating as a result - births and adulthood offset the number of yearly starvations as a rule, so the population is static. Spamming fields didn't really seem to do much to help.

The only reason I really care is that I need enough population to build more to the left, so the city can have a proper gradiant everywhere, instead of just abrubtly ending at the wilderness.

Are the people in this game still acting like koyukkuri? As in, do they still die if there's no food within 5 meters of them at all time?

then they die and the city shrinks back?

Man, that quay and plaza looks comfy as hell. I should halt my town's growth and focus on building some decorations instead.

stronghold

the ashes make it very comf

Führermore you should add a symbol in your plaza

I imagine that there's mods to fix their behavior, because it is ridiculous.
Food should be treated the same as being cold- if their house has no food, they can go to a neighbor's house to eat, because a little village like that wouldn't just laugh in the face of the single randomly starving family, especially if they let them into their home to warm up.
The villagers also dawdle too much. It should only happen when they're content, to stop a person from progressing too fast rather than stop a person from progressing at all (especially in the beginning, when it's difficult to keep their villagers happy). If they're well-taught, well-fed, well-clothed, and warm, they'd probably be more likely to go idle somewhere than a guy that's starving and cold and needs to fucking work so he's NOT starving and cold.

Also I found it retarded that you need to keep building houses for new families. A married couple should be able to still have children when in a house with their elderly parents. The system that makes this impossible and forces you to make a new home for them for the population to increase only makes it obnoxious. The family tends to have trouble keeping food and firewood in their inventory and die quickly, and if they don't, then the old people that aren't doing any breeding end up wasting space for decades. I've had situations before where half my houses are just occupied by a single 70-year-old.

There's a lot of problems that seem like they should be easy to fix, and I don't understand how the hell they aren't. Who overlooked all these things?

The food behavior was annoying as fuck.

One house will have 300+ unit of food stashed while the neighbours will have none and are constantly starving if not dying.

Quays are the best, no matter the game. I constantly use them in Cities: Skylines as well. Because they're kinda janky in Banished, placing them is free. Took a fair bit of time to get everything lined up and comfy, but it looks so good.

Are there any add-ons for Colonial Charter that give you a proper ocean coastline? That's the thing that irritates me the most, the fact that no matter how much I work on beautifying the shore, it will always be on a lake.

that's what stopped me from playing Banished and stay with Anno 1404

I like Banished, but it makes me want a city building game about colonial america complete with a witch hunting mass hysteria disaster and other spoopy shit. Like kids being kidnapped and people accusing some poor herbalist for being in a blood pact with the devil.