Salt And Sanctuary

So, just confirming, but this is pretty average shit, right? Piggybacking off of souls mechanics and not really offering much else of value?

pretty much.

I thought so. Was hoping for more from Ska, but oh well.

Can't please you faggots. First you want more DS and then you bitch about gamez that try to give you that DS feel are not being original.

Its like the zelda syndrome.

Look, let me point out the pros and cons for you:
Pro:

Cons:

In short, it's meh because it wants to piggyback Dark Souls but doesn't really understand how Dark Souls works. The only real strategy here seems to be either fishing for parries or hitting first. There's no poise, there's no point in blocking aside from projectiles, so you might as well get the biggest, longest weapon you can find and hit first.

It's more of a metroidvania than a souls game. Of course range matters most.

*SOULS-LIKE*

Well, it does take after muh souls, so yeah.

Dodge works just fine with the game's version of the ninja flip ring.

Game is alright, worth a pirate if you really have nothing else to play.

God that guy is such a fag, I can't wait for Fromsoft to never make another Souls so he can stop shitting up muh lore.

its literally the worst game ever made

Alright, I torrented it and killed 4 bosses.
Pros
Cons

The game would have actually benefitted from not trying to copy Souls mechanics tbh. Just make it so you have to find your level up thingies and dying to an enemy means you have some kind of disadvantage until you kill them when you respawn. That way you could control the required level for an area (i.e. no more gearcheck bullshit) and dying would be punished.

This game basically existed only to give souls fans something to feed on while waiting for DaS3.

DaS3, as we all know, ended up being pretty mediocre.
Does that makes this game better than DaS3 itself?
…no, not really.
And i don't consider it an especially good "semi metroidvania" either, you're better off playing an actual good metroidvania instead.

Do i consider this game horrible?
No, it's just meh.
Basically it's just a thing that existed at some point.
You can play it or not, your life won't be enriched by it, nor will you miss out or anything notable if you don't play it.
But it's not a shitty game that will make you miserable either.

It's the video game equivalent of drinking a cup of air.
Do it, or not, nothing will change in your life.

Play it if you don't have a backlog

There's no such thing as not having a backlog.
Those that don't have a backlog are just people that are missing out on even more games they haven't played yet.

ne'er have there been words that brought so much disgust and bile within the hallowed halls of Holla Forums as these

asides indie, and roguelike and roguelite and FPS and open world and cyber-punk and sandbox and procedual generation and dungeon crawler and twin stick shooter and post-apocalyptic and shoot-em up and Game Maker and platform and Unity and pixel graphics and retro and metroidvania

I played both S&S and Lords of the fallen recently, I played Lords first and holy shit is irredeemable trash but I surprising enjoyed S&S, hated the magic system though.

You're talking about the sweep attack, it can be easily dodge you just have to do it at the right time.

So Dark Souls is not the Dark Souls of fantasy RPGs?

Just fuck my shit up

Its pretty good, shit art design on most things though

a-yep

There's literally nothing wrong with Twin Stick Shooters and roguelites
I have no idea what the webm's supposed to look like before uploading, pls no bully.

The game is ok you fag, the aesthetic is cancer; core mechanics are a bit of a mess, while the brand system adds good variety to combat and exploration the platforming could do with more polish. weapons have an ok variety but the whole armor makes you heavier/slower is a pain in the ass (specially when exploring) get it on a sale (or fucking pirate it I dont give a fuck) but at least try to play and formulate your own opinion

that fucking "article" every time

but it happens, everytime something gets popular, people are gonna try and find ways to cash on it

plus, what else could you call it? dodge an die?

It is pretty garbage for a wide variety of reasons. Take this from someone who beat the game three times.

Your build variety is highly limited by that retarded skill tree thing. You will have many wasted levels if you wanna be a spell knight in heavy armor. A lot of the bosses are cheap death gimic fights that need to be cheesed. Good examples being that one dragon and the tree of man. Many bosses have absolutely no tell before an attack occurs. The weapon system being based on tiers makes the weapon variety low, as most weapons are useless unless they are top tier. An exception are the two scissor weapons. If you want to be a certtain type of character, you are pretty much locked into the covenant of your choosing. You also have items tied to covenant and you cannot change your item loadout once you rank up, so you have to leave the covenant and come back to get new items by grinding. Many covenants are outright useless as well bar getting a weapon. One handed weapons are also shit and you always go two handed.

Perfectly fit the textbook archetype of a FOTM.