Here's a "hypothetical":

Here's a "hypothetical":
Let's say I had a friend who bought an HTC vive, and is willing to give it to me for a price that's too low to ignore.
Let's also say that my gay men pc doesn't have a good enough gwaphicks card to consistently run VR.

Assuming I already have a high-end i7, What graphics card should I get? a 1060? a 480? a 380x? a 970? If I wanted to spend a little more, what should I get? a 1070? a 390x?

a 970 would be enough

if he is selling something good for low price and the deal sound to you too good then its not good. HTC is probably trash my friendo.

Learn to how business work or die poor.

I've heard a 1070 is the minimum
It runs perfectly on a 1080.
Also Vive has a shitload of fun games. but they're all above $30.

find somebody to sell it to who'll pay more for it than you're paying.
then when you can't, realize that nobody wants one of these.

You're assuming that his friend is great at avoiding dying poor, which he clearly isn't since he bought the HTC Vive in the first place.

I have never assumed that his friend is great at busniness.

Learn how to comprehend sentences or die baka.

I know, but with the new 10X0's you can get a lot more bang for your buck.

I've seen it in person, it's in fine condition. I'm not even upgrading my card solely for VR.
But I've always wanted to try out VR and this is cheaper than any other headset.
The point was to figure out which graphics card to get anyways, why am I even responding to this?

>implying I won't pirate

dont buy it you will lose money he is selling it because he thought the same like you but he found out its trash.

Get smart

I hope for your sake that you use your computer for something else than gayming, because otherwise you have wasted alot of money on your processor.

I went for a 1080 and it's not as much as you might think, think about it.
Regarding the vive you're probably paying the right price for it, plus if you're bored we're not far from Christmas, the easiest period to sell it. I am still wondering if i sell mine or not, it is wonderful for fapping.
Tell us for how much, second hand vive goes for 700 euros here.

Yeah but it really feels like you're in a world in VHS

For any reason whatsoever, you can never have a powerful enough computer. When more powerful tech comes out there have been people that always said that you don't need that extra power.

You should learn from your friend and avoid repeating his mistake.

I just want a display that covers my entire field of vision. IS there anything that can do that? VR seems to be the best option. are there alternatives?

Several monitors would do the trick or you can probably get a curved 65" 4k monitor. It'll be cheaper than a new Vive or CV1 this upcoming Black Friday. Already the price is almost comparable.

That goes for you too OP, wait 7 weeks and potentially save hundreds on a video card.

Does this look like a cost friendly idea?

if youre running a security station then maybe

wow user, are you a hacker?

Yes

One large monitor with two smaller ones on the side in portrait would do the trick.

Filling your entire field of vision would require a curved screen and a projector. There are no HMDs that I know of that come close or aren't vaporware.

Here's a "hypothetical".
Let's say OP is heterosexual.

Then I would say that you're a madman.

You're a funny little shit.

Just look at his post though

He types like a faggot.

And you type like a little bitch.

Get the 1060 or the 1080.

Both are worth their price point in performance, it's just a matter of how much you want to spend

Don't make me suck your dick faggot.

Don't make me cuddle you like a baby.

Don't make me push you to the ground and violently force your cock down my throat.

Don't make me hold your hand like grandma did!

pascal also supports true lossless (no chroma subsampling) hardware encoding with avc and hevc, which is pretty nice

save your money buy a GTX1080

A friend runs his vive with a 970 fine but I would go for the 1070 just because I would play simulators with it instead of tech demos.