Shadow Warrior 2 devs refuse to use denuvo | Discuss graphical changes

———–

———–
dsogaming.com/news/shadow-warrior-2-dev-denuvo-would-make-a-worse-version-for-our-legit-customers-comments-on-downgraded-visuals/

archive.is/QyaGN
———–

It's nice to see a developer understand Denuvo is shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/234140/discussions/0/350542145706281438/#c350544272223460089
steamcommunity.com/app/234140/discussions/0/350542145699063649/
steamcommunity.com/app/234140/discussions/0/350542145699063649/#c350542145706085068
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Where is your god now Denuvo shills

And they took the money they saved on not using Denuvo to hire you and a bunch of other chucklefucks to shill on imageboards
>>>/oven/

Isn't this game on Holla Forums shitlist because yadda yadda sjw yadda yadda the original game is our sacred cow how dare you and all that?
So basically nothing changes?
People here will just pirate the game anyway?

I'll praise them for their statements when they actually release it. Until then its all talk.

Its good to hear, but I'll be happier if the game is good. Because otherwise it means little, other than the devs have half a brain.

that is bretty gud to know. Alltho i rather wait to confirm the truth their comment.

I do it for free :^)

FlyingHog are bros but they need to make a game that isnt just mediocre. The gunplay in their FPSs is FAR from being great

I want it to be good so bad.

That's nice.
Let me guess.
80gb install size for about the same amount of content as the first game, right?

This game looks like Borderlands 2, with better gunplay, and level variety (and a more vertical emphasis)

so I'm happy with this news.

Jesus. People yesterday actually knew how to play. It looks like people who are playing single and not multi suck.

I'm sure every game ever released is on Holla Forums's shitlist for some reason or another

what was the first remake like? If it was at least average then they can be somewhat trusted

Thats cool, if they improved the actual feel of guns ill get excited. Why you namefagging though

It was average to above average

Its pretty ok

It was fucking garbage. Dumbed down, casual shit. Play the original if you want a real shooter

Where's the leak?

I remember when people were watching streams because the streamers were the best players around, doing things no one else could.
Now it's like they all went to Arino's school of gaming (without the iron nerves and humour).

The demo I played at quake con was pretty fun. I haven't played the original shadow warrior or the remake so I can't tell you how it compares though

Yet it's still a flying piece of shit meme game, user. Made by SJWs.

>>>/4chan/

Pretty decent
It lacks a budget and it shows, but still manages to pull trough.

Not really
Proofs?
Proofs? There is no sjw in pooland

Nice! I don't expect anything from a game but at least it means the game can have some actual gameplay instead of being yet another hype train money printer. Even if the game will be shit it's a step in the right direction.

Wow, It's like you're posting on a board for video games

It looked nice and some friends recommended it, but I'm really cautious about going into old series that would be new to me. That's considering the modern trend of abandoning old audiences for new.

Slavs proving yet again to be the saviours of vidya

You're not to bright are you.

Found the halfchan crossposter.

I think people are retarded, user. I saw people just stand still while shooting at an enemy, getting slammed constantly. No one pressed shift to dash away or tried to actually move around the levels in interesting ways. They made it look fucking BORING.

You might have witnessed some "journalists" in action

I hope the sequel is actually does some interesting shit and isn't some 'nu-oldschool' shit like the reboot was. Bad level design, hamfisted rpg elements, and shitty writing/characters do not make for a "classic fps," nor for a good game.

I suppose it's also nice that they're not giving in to shit practices like using Denuvo, but I wonder if it's just because they don't have the cash.

I might pirate it to see how it is. Seriously, the first reboot was pretty bad, so I do not have high hopes for this one.

Here's a hint on how to stop it. Make a good game, that doesn't use DRM, and you deserve my money since you treat your customers with an ounce of decency.

I just fucking love hotpockets mate, please forgive me for my crimes.

Trips.

steamcommunity.com/app/234140/discussions/0/350542145706281438/#c350544272223460089

Nigger

fucking journos man, some german faggots made streum on devs mad because they turned off the recoil of the weapons in spacehulk deathwing and it looked pretty bad without it, they are literally the cancer killing videogames

Yeah, we already knew that when it was confirmed for the GoG storefront like six months ago.

Who is that faggot and why should anyone care what he has to say?

The same guy who got subtly warned by Valve to stop banning people for politely expressing their reasons for not giving up shekels to denuvo.

steamcommunity.com/app/234140/discussions/0/350542145699063649/

steamcommunity.com/app/234140/discussions/0/350542145699063649/#c350542145706085068

He's a Warner Bros shill quite literally. He apparently even admitted so in private chats. Apparently he's not even that bad a guy, it's just his job to parrot whatever Warner Bros suits tell him to. Some 'moderator'

I would fucking hope so. They were terrible.

Did you watch the super shit guys who played in the main hall near the end? I get that some of them are not used to controller but come on

So far it looks like it might be pretty fun. I'll give it a pirate when it releases and if it's as fun as it looks I might buy it.

Strangely it looks to be in a very similar situation as Deathwing: a non $60 PC coop shooter with a moderate focus on RPG mechanics where you run through levels killing deformed monsters with a mix of guns and melee weapons. I'm interested to see which of them turns out to be more fun.

14gb according to the $team page

He's not very good at shilling if he gives the game away.

I really hope this wont turn into another memelands.

Having shitty humor for the sake of being cheesy is fine.

But for gods sake stop with the stale memes.

Already better than Linkin DOOM

I had the shadow warrior reboot on my backlog and was waiting for this game to come out to play them both. Buy from the look of this thread I think o should play the original. Is the reboot even worth playing?

No. It's your typical 'Nu-Retro' fare. Straight-forward levels, the game constantly locks you into arenas, hamfisted RPG elements, misses the point of the original games and fails to bring its own style.

It's pretty good. Don't play on hard though, the enemies get way too tanky and guns lose their luster.

fuck off to cuckchan.

What's this harambe shit even about

Is this faggot serious?

Is this real? Judging from the tweets of Polygon guys like Ben Kuchera, I figured journos hardly played games seriously and are overly concerned with gimmicks like games that play like the hit action movie or VR tech demos. This video is beyond pathetic, though. It's almost like the player is missing keys on his keyboard or has some personal disability. Kids I babysit at least run around and dodge.

gorrila was murdered by zookeepers because a kid fell in the enclosure, memes appeared like justice for harambe, zookeepers came out with a statement saying "pls stop meming its hard for us to get over his death", then people memed harder with dicks out for harambe

Money well spent tbh fam

shouldve just kept the kid down there as replacement.

Have you genuinely never seen that video before?

I remember that, the zoo got so assblasted by Harambe memes that they shut down their Twitter account.

Ah.

Is this moron serious? He spends more time talking about how much of a pussy he is than talking about the actual game, and then he doesn't recommend it because it hurts his feefees

Yup! "Hey you know this marvel of science and industry, its scary, and it scares me like a shallow, dumb caveman."

I never mentioned vinny. What makes you say that friend? :^)

Hes a fucking retard, he keeps saying that denuvo doesn't hurt an honest customer in any way yet in his own description he says it might severely or completely stop people from modding the game.
Hes a fucking shill.

Cause that is from his stream on pootube.

I watched it yesterday. Game looks decent, I don't know if I like the hud, a lot more complicated than Shadow Warrior (2013).

Also Super Toad 67.

And faggots say it's just like the old ones, that was painful to watch. In general and for the obvious need for git gud by the guy playing.

I haven't. Game journos don't interest me very much, even in a satirical way. I don't follow them actively at all. Any information about Polygon that reaches me anyways is just so pathetic. Even info about journos from SJW-ward leaning sources is pathetic.

I wouldn't be so bothered by it if people like Ben Kuchera didn't hold one of the coolest jobs in the world - playing videogames, meeting the devs and publishers, and going to conventions to talk about games with the community. How do people that hate games, don't understand games, and can't even use a controller get there? I should be there, not him. :| Even my neighbor's kids who are obsessed with the Clone Wars Legos game are better fit to do his job.

Vinny and Joel are the only halfways bearable streamers. Joel being the better of the two.

Im gonna torrent the game as soon as theres one available because 35 yurobucks is a bit to steep for making a blind purchase.

I more watch vinny for his retarted things.
Mainly the things he says.

They are both entertaining, but for me the main aspect of even watching their streams is because they play shit id never touch myself since its garbage and i wouldnt even know where to find all that shit. Like joel does his bootlegs or vinny with shitty unity stuff.

Too bad both of them sometimes possibly unintentionally start some retarded shit like Grand Dad.

probably denuvo CEO himself

Some of the memes start out being kind of funny but end up being parroted ad nauseum and run into the ground by the absolutely fucking cancerous fanbase who cant tell something isnt funny anymore even if the streamers tell them directly. The chat is always cancer anyways thats why i either watch the things on youtube or use the pop out player if i happen to catch one live on twitch.

lets not derail

Joel is cancer shit
Vinny is okay

Fight me nigger
Hes not that bad

Launch trailer

Oh my sweet summer child if only the world were as you describe

But is the game good?

that video has always been gold

Joel is the only good one

It could be good, we will see tomorrow.

well, it seems there will some good variety in weapons and enemies, but the amount of coop shown worries me, they seem like they are really trying to force it.

No, none of them are good. They're either Leddit users or Tumblr users, probably both.

fuck no nigger, he's just as shit if not worst then vinny

Nah,all of them are shittier than Joel and you're a faggot if you think otherwise

Joel's the one who started that cancerous Vinesauce Memes compilation for Doom, right?

are you one of the faggots that wanna fuck him? cause his voice is shit, he spouts memes all the fucking time, and at least vinny has better stories then him.

Just like every fucking community with in-jokes you monkey. He's better than the rest of them

ITT "my e-celeb is better than yours"

If there is one rule that I wish was enforced to militaristic degree, it'd be no E-celebs. E-celebs in any and every form are cancer, or at the very least don't belong on Holla Forums.

Is there supposed to be something wrong?
Looks like an average console player to me

[citation needed]

Woohoo.

user, if the game was good but had denuvo, I wouldn't get it because denuvo fucks your computer. It's not a case of "yay I can pirate" but of "yay no shitty malware". Also you're implying people who pirate and then don't buy if they like it would pay for it if they couldn't pirate it. Lastly get the fuck out with this shitty bait.

Please end your life.

What if it's a shit game? What if it's a good game, but the developers put out a sequel and it's shit and they should have ended on a good note? Some studios just need to die young and vigorous, rather than old and brittle.

Oh, right. Don't some scene teams often say "Please buy the game if you like it!" in the readme, too?

Oh yeah m8, look at all the successful games using it, they are all just selling millions upon millions of copies every single day because of how perfectly it stops pirates.

thats nice, the game still looks like absolute garbage. Stop shilling this awful sequel to an awful game.

can't think of a single one that doesn't.

Haven't we been over this year after year? Piracy doesn't hurt game sales.

it hasn't been proved it hurts game sales it also hasn't been proven it doesn't. Not enough information either way, so don't say it doesn't when it might very well.

Jews like you will be the first ones to go into the gas chambers.

and piratefags like you are why PC gaming is dead and has been uninhabitable for any exclusive high end developer for the past 5 years. So thanks for killing what I was once happy to have as my mainstay. Now it's a joke.

HAHAHA
You're joking, right?
Piratefags are the reason why it's still fucking alive.

Okay, show me the proof Moshi.

I do wonder if you know how absolutely stupid that sounds

why hasn't there been a major game released on PC since 2007

You made the assertion that piracy is the reason PC doesn't get any exclusive releases anymore because of piracy, feel free to give proof.

Because demos have been abolished from most port. You know, a good game that has a good demo is likely to get a boost in sales. It's the reason why Just Cause 2 sold so much in the first place.

I'd say it's definitely part of the climate, considering how easy it is to pirate a game over paying any money for it. Definitely had a part in slicing up chunks of the game and releasing later content in expansions/dlc/patches.

I'm curious if there's any strong proof of piracy saving the PC.

For most part. I cant' type or spellcheck either today.

just cause 2's success was retroactive due to the word of mouth marketing it ended up getting. It was a huge thing on social media of all kinds. Piracy had nothing to do with that.

Yeah, because people played the demo, and didn't get disappointed.

Because consoles are doing so well, right?

I mean, the XBox One let's MS roll in cash, aren't they?

consoles are actually doing a lot better. Just look at the PS4, it's the fastest selling console in history.

prove it

I love how you ignored the question. You assert piracy is "part" of the problem (and nice goalpost moving there), yet the XBox One is selling like shit.

So what gives?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I proudly welcome back (215). I hope you all have your refreshments and are ready for the second part of our wonderful journey. Now buckle up and away we go!

Just like their games, right?

you're a bit all over the place, I don't really care about the xbox one, most people don't. You'll find there's not a real library of games and it had an awful start, so recovering from the horrible reputation it gained made it appealing to no one. The fact this needs to be explained to you in order for you to get why the XBox One isn't successful is baffling. For the record, since you seem so very, very dense, its lukewarm sales had nothing to do with piracy.

filtered :^)

Playing as Asian Rob Halford seems cool as shit. The only thing i'm sorta worried about is the random parts of the levels feeling dull. Everything else looks bretty good

There's no way to tell how many people pirated the game, all that can be said is that normalfags buy their shit games and normalfags don't pirate. Anyway, I don't know about you but I'd say this is probably why the majority of games are shit these days.

so I looked up this vinny guy and he seems alright i guess

The game's demo got over two million hits. As of February 2014, the game had sold over six million copies across all platforms, over the course of four years, and there's approximately four million Steam users that own the game, myself included. The initial expected sales figures were 2.2 million. JC3 doesn't have a demo and had a metric ton more marketing, and yet it has sold within a year only barely around 750k copies on Steam. That's over a half less than JC2 did in it's first year. Denuvo would be a non-issue (or hopefully nonexistent) if more games had demos such as JC2 has. JC2MP only helped to boost the sales some from December 2013 onwards.

this negates the massive word of mouth movement the game got how? good demos help sales, never denied that.

Then he tells another friend to get the demo.

ok never denied that, so we're done

Does that ring any bells, retard?

bruh
Sorry on mobile

And why would I want modern releases?
They're all shit thats pandered to normalfags with no standarts, that wouldnt change regardless if there were big PC releases, just look at fucking Dawn of War III.

Fucking hell, my favorite releases this year have been EDF 4.1 and Grim Dawn with a side of 8bit Armies.

fuck this shit, really?
is like they just fuck it up and then smile

I think you mean the fastest selling home media player in history that also happens to have one game.

That's the ps3
And it also has no games

Then again, it's not really "people" if we're talking about steam users.

Literally politifact logic.

Then why do games that have Denuvo always sell like shit ?

What's the problem with KSP?

I like how Cruz "misgendering" trans people gets just a false when in any other situation the SJWs would call for a lynching, and Trump saying something that's true, and they admit it's true, gets a SUPER DUPER FALSE just because he's Trump, for no reason.

I feel someone ironing my brain

Work harder, corpse worshiper.

Nothing. Disregard that, I suck cocks.

can someone tell me why SW2 is cheaper than SW on steam?

This is what normalfags believe.

The site's Trump hatred is hilariously transparent.

trump indeed got smiley cookies but the place wasn't called smiley cookies
>mostly false
>:(
how is this even remotely related to politics

What timeline are we in again ?

wtf i hate trump now