How did Mortal Kombat become more popular than Street Fighter?

How did Mortal Kombat become more popular than Street Fighter?

It's not even a real fighting game.

Other urls found in this thread:

eventhubs.com/news/2015/nov/05/mortal-kombat-x-hits-record-pace-we-talk-about-why-s-outstanding-news-everyone/
eventhubs.com/news/2016/aug/17/what-do-street-fighter-5s-sales-numbers-actually-mean/
testyourmight.com/threads/mkx-system-guide.49846/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did it ?

MK9 and MKX outsold both Street Fighter 4 and V easily. The best player at the moment SonicFox said his easily made over 100k each year just playing MKX alone.

You don't hear about this because the so called "FGC" are just Capcom fanboys on constant damage control.

Mortal Kombat is there for the shock value, I guess. It's more "hey, mom, look at this shit" than Street Fighter.

Alright

eventhubs.com/news/2015/nov/05/mortal-kombat-x-hits-record-pace-we-talk-about-why-s-outstanding-news-everyone/

eventhubs.com/news/2016/aug/17/what-do-street-fighter-5s-sales-numbers-actually-mean/

I'm surprised the Tekken series sold so much, I knew it was popular but didn't think it was the highest selling fighting game franchise.

Same as any casual game that gets popular, it's simple enough for everyone to enjoy. Most people don't want to learn spacing or combos, they just want to mash buttons and see blood fly.

Fatalities. That is all.

K.

you can earn more playing street fighter, its pretty much the only reason why anyone is playing SFV at the moment.

I don't know about America but everywhere else Tekken was the go-to fighting game. Pretty much everyone has played Tekken 3 and 5.

MKX is more technical that SFV will ever dream of being.

No surprise, Tekken and Smash Bros actually release complete games.

But once agian watch

Kinda sad that if that's the case.

What the fuck?
Am I this out of touch with reality?
Tekken outsold Mortal Kombat AND Super Smash Bros.?
Holy shit, Harada.

Really? What more does it have?

Street Fighter is awful so

I feel sorry for pro players. If they quit playing it, there goes all that tournament money.

For most its their lively hood, thats why you rarely see any of them come out and say its shit.

MKX allows each character to have three styles which changes the entire dynamics of how each character is played depending on which style you pick.

Then throw in that each style has specific moves locked to that style, including ex versions of those.

Then take in these gameplay details as well…
testyourmight.com/threads/mkx-system-guide.49846/

Do not be fooled. MKX played at the highest level makes SFV look boring.

Imagine that, depending on whatever turn Capcom shits out to make a living.

sfv is more boring that any doujin fighting game

That's clearly an MK3 Jax, and you know, he could turn his arms into blades for one of his fatalities.
Somebody needs to edit that picture.

I've played MKX, I know about the styles. Personally I feel like that doesn't add as much to the depth as promised since most will stick to the most efficient style anyway. I was wondering more about specific in fight systems (which that link provided). That link actually has a bunch of neat info, didn't know about the stamina meter went into cooldown after breaker. Thanks.

blood

for a while in the 90's

Capcuck please…

Simply put, edge sells. And MK was so edgy, they politicians in a ruff about it. That sold it.

normalfags prefer omg blood and gore over footsies and thinking. Once they hype over brand new guest character dies down they're stuck with the cheapest game series I've ever seen in tournament play. Remember how MK9 tournaments were just projectile spamfests?

Tekken 3

Two of those said styles end up being useless once you find out which style can chip lock an opponent for 20%. The entire roster ends up being useless once you pick Alien.

I missed out on that era, I knew Tekken 3 was massive, but I didn't think it was that huge.

Alien got nerfed. Cryomancer is the new shit.

MKX has much more casual appeal than SFV does. In every single department. SFV tried to appeal to the casual market with its dumbed down mechanics but Capcom didn't realise that casuals didn't play for the mechanics.

Oh no, maybe don't play it, nigger.

Niggers.

You had to be there. Makes total sense if you were alive to see each of these at peak popularity.

Anyone with brains knows Gundam VS is the way of the future.

Explain.

And what do you care, SFV is currently fucking trash and suffers from the same problems MKX does on top of pretty much everyone having the same gameplan. At least MKX has zoning, what SFV did with Guile is abhorrent. Couple that with an atrocious barebones launch and there you go.

MKX also isn't a full priced free-to-play game. For all it's faults it's a superior product.

History revision. Capcom pushed SFV out the door asap for the tourney players. When the casuals complained of lack of arcade mode the Tourney players told them to shutup. So the casuals left and this sank SFV in sales.

It makes all the money while people here scream for even mentioning it. That's why it seems surprising.

Same with Destiny. Huge game with a massive fanbase. Would never know here though.

SUPERIOR LIMB BASED COMBAT

last game came out on consoles 2 years ago and we're still behing arcades please ignore the vita game

Because unlike SF it is fun. Capcom is too afraid of the autistic fightan gaem community to make any changes to SF that might make the game less shit

Pfft.

MK9 was actually finished, unlike SFIV and V.

I dont know shit about MKX though.

ur 2 slow

so on a related topic, now that MKX on PC was finally updated, does anyone know if the game is still dead?
I tried playing a few months ago but I could never get a match with a beginner like me, only a few lvl 50+ oldfags that stomped me so hard it wasn't remotely fun.

PS yes it's my babby's first fightan

Usually I would say getting bodied on by veterans in online mode is standard fare for fighting games, but there is really no way of knowing in regards to MKX. I highly doubt the playerbase magically came back, however.

the problem was that there is a ranked mode, but I could NEVER get a match through it, so I had to do friendly matches through lobby, and it was full of high level players that just kill me in 3-4 combos and I couldn't do shit to them

Yep, game is dead then. If everyone is playing "friendly matches" it means the population in it is not enough to sustain ranked matches.

Also you made a shit decision for it to be your first fightan. Tekken 7 is coming to PC though and that is going to be your saving grace. Do not touch Boon's steaming pile of shit.

I know but I'm a sucker for edgy gore.
I also have SFV but I couldn't really get into it. Is it as shit as autists here claim in their shitposts?

Better ask why Kane always wears a mask.
Photo-derived sprites in MK1&2?

Because if you try to pull it off you will die.

(checked)
If this is baby's first fightan then it is serviceable. It is enough for you to learn the fundamentals of fighting games, play a bit for fun and practice some execution and get bodied and learn from your mistakes. Entry-level shit.

But for anyone who has been playing since Third Strike… hoo boy. Hitboxes are a mess. Lag input heavily encourages people to go full-on offense unpunished. Plus, there is the whole shitstain that is what Capcom did upon release up and until including that fucking shitstain update that added a rootkit to your PC.

Fucking christ user I hope you didn't pay full price for either.

It really IS designed for modern console casuals. I think I prefer the arcade relic fighting games with no other modes.

I'd sacrifice them both for new Bloody Roar, Samurai Shodown, SoulCalibur, Darkstalkers, and Virtua Fighter.

Fuck, Darkstalkers alone would suffice.

my brother pestered me into buying it. I got it on g2a for like 60% of the full price so it's not that tragic. Well thanks, I'll try to give it a go

Hadn't been for the blood and fatalities, Mortal Kombat would have been forgotten as fast as Pit Fighter.

I was, I played Tekken 1-3 and those were massive. Most kids in my area forgot about fighting games in the 6th gen so I never saw tekken 4 ect being popular while there were still a few playing SF and MK.

Mortal Kombat has always been more popular than Street Fighter.
One is a series that was made for mass appeal while another stumbled into mass appeal and has been fucking itself up every installment.

Bloody Roar for me personally. Such a neat game.

Have fun. Don't worry about getting bodied - it is normal. Pick one character you like the style of, learn how to defend and the executions, learn the bread and butter combos that you will inevitably forget to perform in battle and just keep going.

For all the shit it got RT at least helped me get my friends into fightan by removing execution altogetherFuck Riot.

It had a gore gimmick back in the 90s when that shit was shocking and rad and it also has semydecent gameplay to boot as well fairly good graphics that made distinguish itself from other fighting games
Then as time went on SF went down the drain and never recovered
While on the other hand MK also became shit but had a renaissance in it's last 2 games
SF is still the beter fighting game but it stil has not had the same renaissance MK went through that's why people are giving less shit to MK than they do to SF

I dont play street fighter, what makes mortal kombat not a fighting game and makes street fighter one? not trying to call you out and say that mortal kombat is a fighting game I just want to be knowledgable about your probably justified elitism and about the things a fighting game is supposed to be.

This nigga gets it.

Because Boon games in general involve a massive amount of projectiles and teleportation skills that it renders footsies moot, which is considered a "core" aspect of fighting games. There are probably more issues with it but I just never bothered with the game.

To be honest it is just a different kind of fighting game. It is shit, but it is still a fighting game. Same as Smash.

Only 3rd Strike is a fighting game

Why did Street Fighter even get popular? It's not even that decent of a series, the only ones that were actually fast and interesting was 3rd strike or Alpha 3 Max

Same here man. She was my first.

The new MK is a decent fighting game but the old 2D ones had some of the worst gameplay and AI of any game released so they were never really played competitively.

it never did? only american niggers play this turd

As someone who was friends with a fag from New York who did nothing but spew ghetto memes I can completely confirm this

MK is the game for nignogs

There's a long list of reasons why MK has a huge fanbase, but one look at this thread suggests that anything i type about the subject right now would be wasting my time.
Make this thread again in the future, worded in a less ape-y way.
If there's still a fighting game general and you actually want to know the history of the series and the fanbase i'll explain it there, this is just a shitpost bait thread.

Because it did a lot of things first.

True but it's been outdone by so many other fighters, I don't understand how it's still even popular. Skullgirls, Guilty Gear, King of Fighters, and fuck, even MVC do fighting better than SF ever will. Every time they try something new or interesting they just take 30 steps back.

Yeah, no true Scotsman would play it.

fucking scots ruined scotland

Branding. Street Fighter has become synonymous with Fighting Games because it was the first. It is the first thing that comes to mind including normalfags and non-vidya players.

Its not
Street Fighter 5 bombed. The only reason why it was popular was because it was one of the first and had countless revisions to pad sales.
Pokken outsold it and that is a system exclusive game on a dead console.

That makes a lot of sense, actually. Fuck brand loyalty.

oh
can it just die already please, sf is so fucking bad

Reminder that only Super Turbo and IV have superior footsies based gameplay and every other SF is brainless poop.

Shit don't change. I remember hanging around arcades when the originals came out and hearing the same arguments.

Who cares, SF as a whole is capcom's worst fighting game series and pretty much every other japanese fighting game series outshines it

i-i-it was like 5$ on reseller site

You couldn't be more of a retard if you tried

user that is asking to be bullied.

Kill yourself

Is this that stupid argument again, that only SF clones are fighting games.

HFTF is the only good fighting game. Prove me wrong.

Game has some pretty dumb combos in terms of damage and the unblockable set ups on some characters can ruin it.
Petshop is also a cunt.

>mfw I'm still having fun with SFV
Try and stop me, niggers.

game is pretty unabalanced.
I don't like how my favourite character is also hard to play as and gets shitted on by hol horse.

as do most characters.

normalfags

Wait, people are actually playing mk? I thought it failed hard and people stopped playing it almost immediately. Also Street Fighter is a baby game compared to KoF.

Anyway, people are hyped for MK (and for arena shooters) because they are faggots. It's either young people (16, 17 years old) or people who barely played back then. They just see that the current games are crap and therefore get hyped when they hear that a old series is getting a new game. They never played a good fighting game and therefore hype mk because they think it was a good game. And since everyone else on Reddit is also retarded they upvote each other.

Same here basically with arena shooters. UT was not a good game, but you guys hype it. And Reddit is even worse. You can see top comments in ut threads saying that they can't wait for rocket jumps when that wasn't even a thing in ut.

How's your unfinished mess going user, maybe you guy's will have something close to a fighting game by next year's autumn

you know that usfiv is a thing right? A finished and decent game. No need to fuck around in MKX or the new Street Fighter which I wouldn't recommend anyway after the censorship.

Tekken is not a SF clone and considered a fighting game by the elitists.

Thing is Mortal Kombat features a shitton of pojectiles and teleports which means no footsies, a dedicated block button which means no crossovers, and very little hit-confirm means a lot of guessing game.

It isn't abnormal for a fighting game to differentiate so much from the norm but the FGC is full of thrash-talkers who shit on each other constantly. MK was just seen as casualizing too much.

MK 2011 sold 3 million. MK X sold 5 million. People still play the game online. You could not be further away from the truth.

Look, I don't really care about steam and modern gaming in general. I got my somewhat old games here that I play and I am happy with them. I hear people on Holla Forums say that it failed and because of that I repeat it here.

It is very possible that I am wrong and people indeed still play it for some weird reason. But that doesn't change the fact that the game itself sucks.

More like lack of any kind of content aside from online play.
This is what happens when you pander exclusively to people whose money you already have in your pockets and telling your average Joe to fuck off.

kek

Why would you need anything else? Multiplayer is the only fun thing in fighting games.

The whole game is about outplaying and fucking others up.

Maybe it's time to start verifying claims rather than repeating them mindlessly then.

Holla Forums in a nutshell, everyone.

What the fuck are footsies? I've watched like 3 videos explaining it and I still don't understand.

I use to make my friends rage quit all the time in MK2 because of teleport spam. That was fun.

Footsies, in a very simple way, can be described as the movements and actions you make in a fighting game to bait your opponent into making a mistake and the subsequent capitalization on that mistake, such as throwing out a move that you're expecting.
Walking in and out of range so that they throw out a move would be one of the simpler techniques of footsies.

At its most basic explanation it's knowing the spacing of your attacks compared to theirs and working yourself around it to get in and attack them.

Did you know that according to Activision themselves on 33% of people actually play CoD multi?

Why am I bringing up this irrelevant fact? Because you can't ignore single player stuff in any game regardless of content, that's something Mortal Kombat has always done, MK9 and X moreso whereas SFV went full retard and only had online shit and a weak story mode for costumes with horrible art.

Casuals are an enormous part of the market, you can't simply ignore and expect your game to do well.

Another thing is that Mortal Kombat has probably one of the nicest communities ever, they're a genuine welcoming group of people who are willing to teach people whereas SF fanboys are a bunch of assholes, the only reason the SF fans aren't considered the worst among the FGC is because Smash players exist.

Why verify something irrelevant as this? Like who even cares? It's not like they are going to ask this on a job interview. I am only ever going to use this piece of information on another Holla Forums thread and guess what, once that thread 404'ed nobody even cares.

Are you seriously defending singleplayer mod in a fighter? Why would you ever need that? It's like playing chess, counter strike or dota against a crappy AI. What is the point of outsmarting a stupid AI.

This is a decent explanation. Sadly footsies are poopy in SFV because everyone that isn't Chun is a t-rex which results in players utilizing upclose pressure more often than not.

Footsies is a mind game of pokes and counterpokes in which both players stand at a distance just outside of max poke range, then proceed to approach with pokes, bait out pokes and whiff punish, or pre-emptively sticking out a counterpoke for that juicy counterhit confirm. Good players will always convert a hit from this situation into combo followed by okizeme.

No one's going to be impressed by your shit taste.

frankly, 5 did more for my footsies than 4 ever did.

sage for doublepost

You're on a board about video games, need I remind you.

But we are talking about a video game that nobody even plays here. I don't remember ever seeing someone talk about mkx in those fighting threads since the release of sfv.

Have you tried walking at him instead of mashing buttons?

Not trying to impress anyone. Just commenting on the fact that I'm capable of enjoying a game that the Holla Forums hivemind disapproves of.

So you're posting for the sake of being contrarian just so you can show how poorly-developed your taste in video games is.
That's nothing to brag about, and I'm certain that communities like Reddit will be far more welcoming to you than the "hivemind" that thinks you're a faggot.

I am not saying that you should blindly follow what Holla Forums says, Holla Forums says a lot of bullshit but in this case you are literally enjoying a shit game.

Not after the disaster that was the MK X release on PC. It sold well on consoles too, so you can guess what audience bought it. The people that own and enjoy MK X simply don't reside on this site. They reside elsewhere.

Does that mean Undertale and Overwatch are really big as well?

See, I'm not just trying to be the devils advocate here. And I'm not going to disagree that there is a metric fuckton of things wrong with SFV; but I do legitimately enjoy the game for what it is.

The problem I have with the SFV hate bandwagon is that much of the complaints, save for maybe two of them, are just people who aren't familiar with the new mechanics of the new game and just blame the game for their lack of knowledge/skill. Most whine about how "X" doesn't anti-air anymore, or the normals are stubby, or that you can only play rushdown, ect. when all of that is most likely them just not being used to the way SFV works compared to other games. So far, the only complaints or criticism I've heard and felt were actually valid have been the rootkit fiasco and the games sub-par netcode.

I'm not saying its the greatest fighting game ever made, not by a long shot and a 3 day head-start. I'm just saying that I think people are condemning it because of everything except the game itself, which I don't feel is fair.

I am not going to give it a try until they add Dudley, he was my main in usfiv. Also they have to get rip off all the grinding. I hate that shit, I want everything unlocked right away.

Tekken 3 was a goddamn phenomenon at the time. Every single last person I knew who had a PS1 had that game. Luckily this wasn't a case of brainwashing via marketing, it was a legitimately great fighting game that is still incredibly fun to play to this day.

Nigger, the rootkit fiasco in and of itself is damning enough to never touch that shitheap with a ten foot pole, let alone the rest of the game's flaws (p.s. you forgot the incompetent coding of the game itself, and the mountain of input lag that comes with it. There are also plenty of problems with the game's design, but you seem to think those complaints don't count, so let's stick to things that are objectively broken and trash.)

So take yourself, your shit opinion, and your poor taste, pack your bags, and take your sorry ass to a website that shares your faggotry. There are plenty. I'm sure 4chan would love to discuss SF5 with you.

Balrog plays more like Dudley in this game

I can't play Balrog, even if he is a exact copy of Dudley, I hate Balrog. Dudley may be a fedora wearing faggot, but Balrog is a pure nigger.

That's on par with saying CoD has extreme depth because it allows you to choose between 100 different assault rifles, when in reality everyone just goes for the one gun that is better than the others.

And he's still a fucking nigger. The worst kind of nigger. Dudley is a gentleman.

Now that we're dreaming about things that will never happen.

Fair enough.

I hope SNK finally have the engine figured out by the time they get to making a new SamSho so the game doesn't look like complete ass like KoFXIV.

Good lord man..You guys never let up do you?

KOF14 doesn't look like ass. You should look up some gameplay.

Same, I would kill for a new Soul Calibur similar to SC2. Though I would like a rebalanced Third Strike, which was the only great SF game IMO.

Fuck off

That just makes Third Strike look like a great fighting game. Also you need to fuck off back to halfchan.

Care to elaborate?
Which has been reduced. Granted, it took forever and the inclusion of it in the first place was asinine (if it was intentional), but it has been rectified. So I don't see the point in continuing to bash on something that has been fixed. Especially when, as you pointed out, there are so many things to crucify SFV for.
I never said that. I said most complaints amount to the player not understanding how the mechanics in the game work as opposed to past games. How about instead of jumping to the conclusion that I don't think they count, you start by giving some of those examples?

Oh the irony.

You are just as free to say you like a game as he is to tell you your game is shit.

Should I only save webms with sound lest I offend paranoid shitters? And yeah, you're right. Anti airing is predictable scrubby shit.

I get that, I'm just saying that I find it comical.

I'm talking purely about the visuals. I read somewhere that it was a new game engine they made and had to give the game shit graphics to hit 60fps because they didn't understand how to optimize shit yet.

KOF14 doesn't look like ass. You should look up some gameplay.

Parrying eliminating fireball spam is one of the best things about that game, along with universal overhead.

What a load of bullshit. Boo hoo I can't just mash QCF+P like a retard anymore. "zoning" faggots are the absolute worst. It's a strategy that is immensely easy to pull off and requires a ton more effort put in to counter it and completely negates footsies, it has no place in a fighting game.

This is also bullshit. Removing "spam fireballs from full screen in the corner" from the game did nothing but improve it immensely.

Parry was an absolute godsend to lower tier characters like Q, it made them viable.

Oh my fucking god he is actually LAMENTING the fact that O. Sagat is not in this game are you fucking kidding me. This has to be a troll post. Unbelievable. (vid related, does this shit look fun to you?).

Name me one fighting game that has a more varied cast than Third Strike.

I knew right away before it even happened that you were going to go for Uriens air fireball as an anti air. The most obvious thing to do is not the best thing to do, this is practically rule #1 of fighting games, fucking hell man. If it's obvious to you then it's obvious to your opponent. Everything has a counter, if it didn't then everyone would just spam that move, if someone knows what you are going to do before you do it then they can counter it and fuck your shit up, this is more true than ever in Third Strike. You failed to adapt to the game and got your shit rekt, that is exactly what should happen in any great fighting game.

Yeah ok, bro, I've had enough.

Man everyone who says parry destroys 3S has never played it at a high level. Like any strong technique people develop ways to bait it and mess with their expectations.

how come the FGC is composed primarily of negros?

ALL I HAD WAS BATTLE ARENA TOSHINDEN

how many of you played tekken 1

Excellent rebuttal breh. Especially after you used a jpeg for an argument since you're incapable of doing it yourself. Just admit you're butthurt from getting rekt hard from someone much better than you. You blame the game instead of looking at the footage, realising your mistakes and getting better. Or were you really trying to make the retarded case that Ubuki is broken as fuck? Because she's on the lower end of the tier list and Urien is considered much better than her.

Also, here's how to play Urien faggot. Don't blame the game for your incompetence.

(checked)
I still have mine on my shelf. It's a far cry from the future Tekken games, but every series has got to start somewhere.
You also have it if you have Tekken 5 on PS2

so its spacing?
fightfags are retarded but I get it, kinda cool.

It isn't my match, as you still haven't figured it out. Pretty cool advice about self improvement coming from a retard that considers an age old character archetype an antithesis to honest play. Whoa this Third Strike character variety, man. Grapplers are super tough too am I right?

I'm not interested in arguing with you anymore. The entire zoning part of your post was the stupidest fucking thing I've heard tonight.

It doesn't look like ass and it's actually a very solid fighting game. It did not disappoint.

You used a shit ass soundless webm of an incompetent worthless excuse for an Urien player getting his shit pushed in by Ibuki as an example of why Third Strike sucks, then proceeded to use someone elses argument in place of your own because your knowledge of the game is absolutely fucking laughable. I dismantled everything in that webm and jpeg of yours and you have no response other than "f-f-fuck you ;_;" because you know you don't know shit about Third Strike. Fuck off back to halfchan.

I liked Mortal Kombat 9, but half of X characters were ugly, plus having on disk dlc is such a dick move. I got X for cheap and bought Jason because Jason is cool as fuck, might pick up XL (or whatever the complete version of XL is) when it's cheap as dirt.

Also played SFV in a friend's house, it sucks dick.

It's a shitty version of Virtua Fighter with hold back block and no ring outs but more interesting character design. Tekken 3 was such a massive step up for the series, goddamn.

It's like supreme enslavement.

I could dissect everything but I won't bother.
If I had to pick out the most retarded thing of the bunch then I'll have to go with
because this is completely backwards.

What? If you don't like people playing lame, that's fine. But if you eliminate all the consequences of fireballs, then what's the point of having characters with projectiles? You realize there is actual zoning in 3rd Strike right?

Okay, first off zoning and footsies go hand in hand. You use fireballs to zone, you can use fireballs as a poke/footsie and you can also use normals to zone/footsie/poke.

It's a side effect of parrying. It makes sense. With parrying you're forced to play up-close with with cuhhhrayyzzeee mixups and combos.

Parrying helps everybody, including the top-tiers. In fact, I'd say it helps the top-tiers more than anybody out of the entire cast.

Old Sagat is definitely top tier in that game and in the hands of a high-level player he's really fucking good. But no, Viscant is not complaining about a lack of O. Sagat. He was talking about the limited archetypes portrayed in SFIII. O.Sagat is the embodiment of projectile pressure (despite him being a gayboy) and the lack of projectile pressure helps make SFIII a homogenized game. I do disagree with Viscant about the lack of a character around "pressure", like dude - Dudley embodies pressure, same with Yun and Ken. No fucking clue what he was smoking to come up with that.

This is actually a pretty impressive video if you know what you're looking at. For starters, O. Sagat VS Guile is one of Guile's least favorable match-ups. The fact that the Guile was able to win signifies how exceptional the player was, especially at this level of play. That Guile gave no fucks and abused that Sagat for even daring to mistime his Low Tigers. Seriously, this Guile knows how to use his buttons and conduct some hard-core footsies. That match was pretty fun to watch.

Stay mad

Nice absolute nothing post.

Parry baiting. You throw a fireball, they parry high, you hit low, Remys whole gameplan is based entirely around this. Combo/juggle continuation, just look at any competent Urien play, unlike that shit cuckchan tier webm earlier in the thread.

You just said "You realize there is actual zoning in 3rd Strike right?". There are not two distances in SF, there is more than just full screen fireballs and right next to each other. Also, holy shit you're forced to play up close? You mean like an actual fighting game should be?

No. It really does help low tiers stand a chance. Here's a video of a Q player (Kuroda) not only beating two top tier characters (Ken and Chun Li) back to back, but they are being played by two of the best American players out there. He beats Justins ass so bad in fact, that he just fucks with him the whole second round. Q is bottom tier as fuck, right there with Sean and Twelve.

He was whining he couldn't fireball spam with impunity, the shittiest of archetypes. There is a character based around that in Third Strike, Remy, he just actual effort to use, unlike O Sagat. There is plenty of character variety in Third Strike, moreso in many games that do have character that just sit back and throw fireballs all day. You even pointed out how flawed his argument is, Dudley was also the first character to come to mind in regards to pressure.

There is nothing homogenized about Third Strike, it just lacks annoying fireball spam, which is a chore to deal with as a player and boring as hell to watch as an observer, I can't imagine it's that fun to use either. Are you seriously going to argue that Ibuki plays exactly the same as Ryu, or that Urien plays exactly like Elena? Where is the homogenization? If you're arguing that fighting up close makes every character the same then that is an absolutely ridiculous oversimplification, by that logic EVERYONE in Virtua Fighter and Tekken play exactly the same and they are super homogenized games.

Agreed about the match, Kurahashi is one of the best Guiles out there and it was so satisfying to see him beat Chois ass. He was the only one to use O Sagat at that tournament by the way, he is soft banned in Japan.

Always

Bullshit

It's pokemon mate, that's enough. Unless it's Mystery Dungeon games which somehow are the only pokemon games not sell like hotcakes despite being the best outside of GtI.

Like I said before, there is zoning in Third Strike, it just requires actual thought and effort to be effective.

HUZZAH

Tekken 7 is coming to PC I can fucking stop fightcade and SF2TGrandmaster edition finally
Rejoice you niggers
Also anyone who compares modern MK, SF, and KI to each other is comparing different piles of shit to other massive piles of shit.

because MKX is actually good and isn't as fucked as SF4 and V were.

Maybe that's because mortal kombat only releases one version of any game in the series while capcom releases 10 versions of every game within months of the initial release?

Most people aren't competitive fighters and like to enjoy a game for fun and play with friends or random people online. Unless there is a set up for the average player to earn money, competitive centric fighting games are niche. They might be fun to watch but it's never fun to play against a pro all the time for the average buyer.

Don't tourney fags think zoning is a legitimate strategy? How is this a problem?

How is that any different that Street Fighter?
Or any other fighting game with projectiles?

because normalfags

U wot nigga?
There's no way a single mortal kobat that could surpass on the technical level street fighter 4, and i won't believe your bullshit.

It beat the PS4 sales, but not if you include SF5's PC sales. Pokken obviously does better in arcades, though.

Enter the king of iron fist tournament

Enter… THE TEK-KEN

Are you fucking stupid, user.
Not even that guy but how do you think newcomers learn the mechanics before they jump into multiplayer? The single player/ arcade mode is training you idiot.

Goddamn think before you talk shit about game design.

You are retarded

One, interesting characters that don't pander to retarded weebs.

Two, interesting setting that doesn't pander to retarded weebs.

Three, gameplay that doesn't pander to retarded fighting game weebs

Four, gore.

Nigger I really like to know who told you here, on Holla Forums, that MKX failed. What has consistently been said is that MKX has gone to shit and is kill but that's because characters are ruined left and right, new shitty unlikeable characters A through Z like johnny's cunt of a daughter are introduced, advanced lore rape like Mileena being given lips, and the fact that MK9 was the swansong of the old guard.

This should be a crime.
Are the Gundam fighting games any good?

Seriously? Got back into fighting games this year since everyone on the dorm floor is obsessed with them. Street Fighter is practically unapproachable if you haven't played in a long while (5+ years). Singleplayer modes are almost required at this point, because I am sorry but when did Street Fighter start requiring you to memorize spreadsheets of data to be good?

EXVS is pretty good but it's not a traditional fighting game. Try the PSP game and see if you like it. It's Japanese only unfortunately.

This is probably the only time I'll ever say this in earnest: but you should kill yourself.
Forget how your parents will feel, you shouldn't have to live if live if that much of a fucking struggle to go through. You don't have to live if you don't want to.

whoops wrong thread

It's a fighting game, it's not like that matters

It does when it comes to movelists and gameplay explanations that are in text only.

SFV looks boring anyway.

We just got one, idiot.

I'm a bit behind on KoFXIV, what's the best Top 8 video available thus far?

Indeed, to be honest, if people could mod MK games on PC as much as they do in SF, MK X could be a truly great game.
But I do feel my rage meter building up when I remember how Boon and his team shitted on fans so much in the tenth game.

why

just let the man dream