Shadow Warrior 2

So this is coming out in a few days (release date 14/10/16).

Shadow Warrior 2013 was fun, hopefully this one lives up to its predecessor. Multiplayer co-op is included this time around, which could be interesting.

DRM free on GoG, too, this pleases me

Anyone else keen?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/U338v
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can't wait to see the war between this game's fans and NuDoom's fans.

already point in its favor. I don't know about the game much itself, the first one didn't really grab me, but if they make the weapons weightier, the co op is fun, and the procedurally generated thing is handled well, I'll probably buy it.

I read somewhere that they will make guns useful this time around.

If they make it better than the last one, it's good enough for me.

I'm not a fan of the borderlands approach to be honest.
And the headbob.

Why'd they turn the series into a borderlands rip-off?

wow that is based. I liked the reboot, even if it had some flaws. I think I might have to support it just to prove that drm is not the solution to piracy. Also like that they are releasing pc first, hopefully it'll be optimized. Btw they are selling it at 35 dollars which is surprising for a game in [current year]. also only 14 GB download unlike call of bullshit/NuDoom.

What?

they're either shitposting or they've internalized the Holla Forums hate's videogames meme.

I did not say it was a ripoff, I said I do not like that approach.

Looks uninteresting and uniriginal.

you have to be 18 to post here

Hadn't heard of that aspect. Doesn't sound good.

I'm cautiously optimistic, however, since the first was good fun.

They said themselves the game is inspired by borderlands.
archive.is/U338v

First game was a fun little single player fast action shooter, with good melee combat.
Second game is a multiplayer rpg fps with lots of loot shit.
Why the fuck did they completely change the type of game it was?

Daily reminder that Shadow Warrior is inferior to Duke Nukem 3D!
Which by the way reminds me,
Buy Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour NOW! for the low low and very low price of 20 US Dollars!

plz no.
don't be true.

Damn that sounds like shit.

While they are exaggerating, I think they have a point in that in 2 there are multiple weapons with different stats and an upgrade system for your weapons and character, plus the numbers popping out from enemies which is a feature similar to borderlands. however the devs said you can at least turn of the numbers thing. Unfortunately the head bobbing is tied to the character animation so they can't change that.

Looking at the dev posting at the Steam forum is interesting. Apparently they were trying to get the license for Blood but due the complicated nature of licensing they couldn't do it right now. Could be a possibility in the future

how does adding loot drop/multiplayer detract from the gameplay?

Why?

Stop shilling Pitchford, you will never get those millions back lost by Stillborn.

Same

Well making it a rpg-fps with quests and shit completely changes the flow of the game. Also depending on how much inspiration they took from borderlands it could mean there will be tons of enemies that will be giant meat bags with lots of HP.

It could still be fun, but the "we want the boderlasnds audience" thing has made me a little skeptical. I'll be pirating it to test it out.

So it's written by a cuck?

tbh more games should try something new instead of doing the same shit over and over again like dork souls

Plus I love ARPGs if done well

I was interested initially but after seeing some gameplay and all the pre-order shit I'm less entusiastic. I'll probably pirate it and give it a shot before I consider buying it.

I seriously hope they don't pull any shit like that stupid furry card game and prevent non-steam users from engaging in matchmaking.

wait. I thought it was the 13th.

could be a time zone thing. i'm in australia, it'll be the 13th in most of the rest of the world when it's the 14th here

You didn't follow all the talk about doubling down on the first reboot's progression game elements?

I'm actually pretty interested. I enjoyed the reboot well enough and don't mind it shifting into a more RPG/borderlands style, as long as the gameplay is fun then I will probably get it. I also never played the original so I am blissfully unaware of how much they are butchering it.

Fuck that guy in the screenshot though. Can't believe we actually have people asking devs to install shit like Denuvo, at least the dev refused because he knows it's shit.

How would Denuvo make the game worse? It's one of few anti-piracy measures that only fuck over pirates.

Nobody really knows how Denuvo works exactly, but coming straight from the horse's mouth it "continuously encrypts and decrypts itself so that it is impossible to crack." Which means that it probably creates a new key and authenticates it repeatedly. This process involves writing data to the computer's hard drive constantly, and as a result, Denuvo can potentially cause the performance of lower end systems to suffer in the best case scenario and even cause SSDs to fail much quicker in the worst case scenario.

tippity kek

They even admitted later that no game with protection is impossible to crack, but I don't think that's the point. Most game sales happen within the first 30 days or so and it's taken months for exploits and cracks to start appearing, which means that the companies had plenty of time to get piracy-free sales. Not that it helps at all, considering how poorly Rise of the Tomb Raider sold even with Denuvo.

So far it has only been bypassed.

Incorrect, both Rise of the Tomb Raider and Inside have been fully cracked by a group calling themselves CONSPIR4CY and there will most likely be more in the coming months.

Mate.

For the first time in a very, very long time I'm hoping for there to be a benevolent deity who could prevent this from happening. BLOOD 2 was too much already.

First game had cash, karma and crystals to upgrade your shit, it played like a "rpg fps" too and nobody cared because it wasn't that intrusive in the game at all. Almost pointless even.

Second isn't changing anything, from the few videos I've seen it's essentially the same as the first one but with a bigger variety of actually usefull weapons and much more melee as well as some decent verticality.

Even the whole "quest" thing looks more like "pick the level you want to play now" instead of having them aligned in a linear way.
But mark my words and you niggers should know this by now, it's gonna be the same thing that always happens. One mission to unlock something, then 3-4 possible missions to choose from that you must complete in any order to unlock the next mission to progress in the game. Repeat until you reach the FInal Mission.

It's not like the world is gonna be open world or anything like that.

It uses very large tilesets and combines them around. You basically get the best of both worlds, since you have a very large tileset carefully tailored to be interesting and fun but they connect to each other randomly so every level isn't as repetitive in a second playthrough.
Maybe this even hints at NG+

I really disliked nu-Shadow Warrior. Just made me replay the original. I bought that redux version. Probably gave the wrong people money. Ah well, thats life baby.

The only way to not give your money to wrong people is by keeping it to yourself.

The only right person to give money too is yourself. Anyone else and it'll end up in Israel's pocket

No one thankful the game doesn't have Denuvo is going to be buying it anyway. I don't understand why devs like to try and make themselves out to be men of the people when the only people that care about DRM are pirates.

sounds like fun

Why would they fight?
I liked Doom 2016 and the 13 Shadow Warrior

All of the mainstream reviewers are screaming
"OH IT'S OKAY BUT NUDOOM IS WAY BETTER XD" because they're a bunch of worthless faggots who can't handle a game with even a modicum of challenge.