MMORPGs

What are the big ones right now?
Does Holla Forums play any together?
Last i tried was Guild Wars 2, which got boring real fucking quick at max level. This was before expansions though.

Other urls found in this thread:

lostarkdatabase.com/more/faq
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Runescape is an MMO. Not sure if it's still around though. Also the guys that made that one series of fantasy RTS's were gonna do an mmo set in the same universe. I'm not sure what became of that.

I used to play tera (dont bother, it went to shit)
people were always talking about how good other games would be when they come out
wildstar
archage
blade and soul
black desert
they were all shit aswell

I do feel like the mmo genre is dead, none of the next coming up titles seem to be any different from the pile of shit we already have right now

I think all the innovative/creative people that could come up with something new have already moved to mobile or some other crap kind of market

gg

By and large most MMOs are terrible. They're too much alike to minimise risk.

tfw someone saved your webm

Been playing Black Desert. It's an infuriatingly bad game, primarily because I can see there's a really really good game inside it. It's the kind of game that makes no attempts at being fair. Everything is RNG and the strong just get stronger because they can bully people out of the best grinding spots, which are the only realistic way to get anywhere in the game.

I've been playing The Secret World lately. It's one of the few MMOs that actually has me interested in the storyline for the missions and the overall game.

I got very sad and homesick when i first saw it bro

Yeah I know, I made both of themAlthough I didn't make it into the video, I was in one of the overflows

Just remember that all Korean mmorpg's have amazing combat systems to hook you in, but everything else in design is awful. Black Desert is another offender, because what could be a combat system that allows for high-level, skill-based PvP is still entirely dependent on gear. And even if two people are fighting each other at the same level with the same completely maxed out, no-lifed gear, classes are imbalanced. Playing Maehwa or the ninjas puts every odd against you.

Replying to the OP, ESO is decent now. Combined with the new gold edition, you get like 250 - 300 hours minimum of PvE content + the PvE expansions, and the PvP expansion. What actually makes ESO decent now is that the "One Tamriel" update went live two days ago, and that removes the level-gated zone questing, the zone gate restrictions (previously couldn't move onto next zone until main story quest is progressed) and faction gate restrictions (previously couldn't go to another faction area until main story complete, even then it would put you in a NG+ version of the faction world where ONLY people 50 and up would be there, so the areas would be generally dead) and group questing restrictions. By that last point, I mean a level 40 and level 16 player can group up and do the same quest, be offered the same challenge. Scaling is usually a shit thing in Elder Scrolls games, but ESO was already too much of a "safe" MMORPG, so this is more of a positive.

also those changes were at the consequence of the story originally being about faction wars making no fucking sense anymore

FFXIV only game worth a sub atm new patch new content loads of content. plays like a good wow game for combat has a lot of extra shit to be done.

wildstar don't know what its state but I jump back in after a few months its launch and its f2p could of should kidna of game almost no updates for content

Gw2 f2p goes on sale a lot but its overall shit game pvp can't be balanced for shit, halloween soon thou so if you need to make ingame gold for shit now would be time, raiding can be piss easy if you have people who know how to speedrun shit and their class but most people don't cause this game is literally piss easy and they still fail as shit.

tree of savoir f2p just got update for rank 8 stuff kinda of want to get into this game but feels pretty lonely to me with no one to play

tell me more bought a 15 dollar copy of it ages ago after it went pay once, kinda of got into it but not enough to warrant more time into it

I currently play OSRS.

Its been too long since a good MMO has shown up. And I don't like it. I need a new FoM.

God dammit OP, even after all this time it still hurts.

BDO is just fucked it has good combat but dam is the rng grind is real that and the Holla Forums guild stopped playing

DFO is around now if your into beat em up mmos of course all the time i've played i've never needed to interact with another player.

vindictus same shit as dfo never manage to have a group at which teh game proceeded to lag to all hell for no reason

blade and soul don't know its state its launched with a shit ton of players but that player count dropped fast
decent combat censored to hell thou.

honestly now is the best time to make a good working mmo. people are still searching for a good mmo to play as we seen the massive numbers flood blade and soul and BDO

go back to grinding WC mysa

DC Universe Online and Champions Online never really filled the hole, did it?

Done grinding for today. And I am grinding ranging atm. Fuck woodcutting.

I can't think of any current MMOs that are any good. Any MMOs worth playing on a private server for at least?

Ded genre.

WoW and Lineage 2 are about all I can think off. Eve online is going free but you need a special kind of autism to find it enjoyable.

Phantasy Star Only 2 if you like to grind like crazy and are autistic enough to make an acc.

im playing FFXI on server Era, its a private one. like all other privates, has a ton of broken stuff, but it has less broken stuff than other servers and they aren't speech-policing at all like most private servers.

if i cant call someone a nigger in-game then i dont want to play.

It's possible we may see a small revival in the genre soon. The few games with potential I can think of are Lost Ark (embed related) and Escape from Tarkov.

Lost Ark is being advertised as a full fledged MMORPG which I think is awesome as that would make it very unique within the genre. Hopefully we will see a western release.

Escape from Tarkov is looking to be less like a MMORPG (which it is not being claimed to be) and more of a DayZ type simulator with heavy RPG elements and some MMO elements. Still pretty early to tell if it will be good or not.

Last thing i forgot to mention about Lost Ark…

MOTHER FUCKING FIST CLASS

EVE Online is going free to play on Nov 16th

TOR

Cannot imagine a worse fate.

I dig it

playing XI with Holla Forums people was the best mmo experience, get rekt.

Check >>>/vg/

I'm playing TERA. I like thicc lolis.

i like thicc lolis too but goddamn TERA fucking sucks shit, that generic ass combat should have stayed in 2004 where it belongs.

Ultima and CoH/V were pretty good back in the day, and Global Agenda was fun, but the only "current" mmos I can really get into are Ffxiv and Project: Gorgon.

A few of us actually restarted the old Holla Forums guild in PG with a new name and have been messing around with it. A bunch of us ran a somewhat late game dungeon last night and did pretty well. Game's only in alpha, but it definitely scratches the UO/Runescape itch while being its own thing.

PG can suck a dick

Yeah, unfortunately some of the mods are assholes and too many players are semi-sjws, so keep the banter to non-global chat and you should be golden.
I think things'll turn out better once the steam release hits and we see an increase in the number of shit heads joining, but until then we can only lurk and bant amongst ourselves.

Holla Forums play on this year's vanilla private server

Where did all the GA players go ;_;

I miss this game. So damn much.

there's a general for it on this very board

It's just sad.

never ever confirmed?

you cheeky fuck, pic related

Thinking about reinstalling rift again… Nothing else to do

Crush Online was released yesterday, and as of today's patch, it went heavily pay2win, so Im gonna find another new game to play… Sigh…

Suspected Korean release date is Q2 next year.
Closed beta test 2 was in August.
lostarkdatabase.com/more/faq

MMOs are such a wasted genre. Fuck WoW for pretty much stagnating it.

I wish MMOs were good. Somehow they never lived up to what I thought they were.

it's probably the closest to what I think MMOs should strive to be, tbh

Does FFXIV or any new mmo have classes that play like fire or illusion controlers?
Debuff/disable enemies while your minions go apeshit on them?

GW2 mesmer fits the bill.

There's City of Titans and Valiance Online but both are currently absolutely nothing

I load up Guild Wars from time to time to say hi to the couple people still online, but I don't really play it anymore since I finished GWAMM. Kinda feels like there's nothing left, especially now that PvP is dead and we know there's no more content coming.

Fuck I miss that game.