Sonic is shit

Is this the only chance we have of going fast again Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

tribesnext.com
t2forums.com/index.php?topic=166.0
maxogc.net/tribes/t2/index.php?server=208.100.45.135:28000
t2forums.com/index.php?topic=378
t2.branzone.com/scripts/zMap-Packs/AllCompMapPackS8.zip
sendspace.com/file/28rbs6
tribesrevengeance.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

UT

Only when EPIC decides to put half the dev team working on a dead MOBA back onto the UT project

learn to speedrun tropical dong expand

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT FPS COULDN'T GET MORE CASUAL

DONT FUCKING JINX IT YOU FUCK, BETHESDASHIT ALREADY DID IT TO QUAKE

Midair's kikestarter predicts delivery by Nov 2017. Given the history of KS projects, I expect that to be more like Feb 2019. And then there's no guarantees it will be any good. I'm starting to think I'll never go fast again.

Don't insult Overwatch user. You might bring the autistic blizzdrones here who shit up every thread as soon as someone insults their game.

>not just playing Tribes 2 or even Vengeance
Oh, wait. It's not new enough for your tastes, is it? Faggot.

Honestly, Overwatch baffles me. It's a streamlined version of TF2 which is already a streamlined version of TFC. It has no reason to exist.

To make money

Fuck off, nintendrone

This is Holla Forums, not furaffinity

Hedgehogs have spines, you dumbfuck. Try again. Sage

kek

What does that mean?

I was using it as a way to tell people that I disliked your post, dumbass. Sage

Do you mean nuDoom OP?

Just play EDF if you want fast

>>>/reddit/

Also kys.

You two are so dumb you were made for each other.
You may now kiss the user.

Who cares if I'm from reddit? It's not like you can tell anyway. There isn't some magic property that makes my posts worse just because I happen to post on another site, get real. Sage

>>>/tumblr/

Stupid fuck admits he's from Reddit and can't even sage right.

Back to reddit you go.

TRIBES 2

Get the game and patch from tribesnext.com and get the map packs and required anti-cheat (tournamentNetClient.zip) from t2forums.com/index.php?topic=166.0

Here you can check how many players are on Snap Crackle Pub:
maxogc.net/tribes/t2/index.php?server=208.100.45.135:28000

Snap crackle pub is the server where we play, mostly an hour from this post (I can't into timezones). The time usually varies but every day there at this time I can find a 6vs6 match to join on. It's enough to have a lot of fun.

If you played tribes years ago before dinosaurs were invented you should know that we play classic, which is very fast, not the slug stuff that you played.

Why restrict your vision?

Legions: Overdrive had some potential but Holla Forums interest in it died out pretty fast. Some of the devs for that game are now making Midair.

I made a thread about it before but maybe only one person gave a damn.

Nope. Dead.

It's not my video, just picked a random video to show that there's still people playing, Faeywin.

It's called people who were playing the game before you and are better than you, what the fuck did you expect pussy?

Most people expect games these days to be simple to get into with nearly no learning curve like Overwatch or Call of Duty. They don't find learning how to play a game to be fun.

Well, if you expect to simply go into a 16 year old FPS game and to be a match for people playing that then sorry, it's just not going to happen in any game. Tribes 2 has a tutorial, it teaches you the basics in a few minutes. There are people on the forums willing to give you tips on how to play. If you decide that you don't like that then new games like Overwatch and Call of Duty are for you. Compared to games that require you a wiki to be opened all the time to understand anything on how to play, a 20 minute tutorial and 15 minutes of reading some tips is nothing.

I find learning a new game fun. I am just saying that is what is. A Nugamer who can't stand a challenge

It's (((Early Access))) redditshit ya dipshit

Where does the reddit part come from?

only 6v6 with that bigass map…

You can always play either Tribes 2 or Tribes - Aerial Assault (PS2). Both still have servers online.

Oh, sorry then. Have this as my apology.

It's not that big, and sometimes we have 8vs8 matches, depends on the day.

k

No, try moh ps1

Yeah, I don't bother hiding my name. It would be such a pain to try and avoid it while posting mp4s, and I already post on the forums.

I made a post about most of the basics to help new players.
t2forums.com/index.php?topic=378

You won't do well when you first start any game like that, but if you put in even a LITTLE bit of fucking effort you will learn the ropes real quick to any game.

Hardcore Quakefag here. I got into Quakeworld when I was in 9th grade. I'm now in college for my 2nd year so I certainly didn't play it in 96, and my only real prior FPS experience to Quake was Goldeneye on the Nintendo 64 when I was a wee lad. Get motherfucking good.

Tribes 2 has more freedom in how you play, since you can also fly and drive vehicles and every pack matters, and you have assets to protect. It's not easy and that's why I like it.

My fix of fast is satisfied with cs:s combat surfing, shit gets fast real quick.

Ignore the nigger music.

There's that word again. The word that gets thrown out when someone is getting their ass kicked by a better player and they need an excuse to not GIT GUD.

Exactly, somehow they are tryhards because they played the game and became good at it. That's why good FPSs are not invented anymore, people don't want to get their ass kicked, they want to keep winning only.

is that why all new "bad" fps have forced 50% win rate matchmaking? because they just want to win?

New FPS games have corner peek deaths, you can simply die or kill with having luck. In old fps games that took a lot of skill.

that has nothing to do with my post

Depends.
How many hours do you want to put into building up speed?

It's gonna be DOA. When will nostalgiafags learn one can't just make straight up remakes of old FPS? There's always lots of hype and shit, but none of if it ever results in anything. The only ones who end up playing are the same 30 guys who have been playing these games for the last 15 years. New players and casuals just glance at them and go back to CoD and OW, and the game dies. Rinse, repeat.

Unless it has the same "hooks" as many contemporary multiplayer shooters, I don't see it garnering enough following to sustain itself.

Tribes managed to have a lot of players before it got killed

By its own dev, more or less. Cough, Smite.

You act as if games just stop existing once they get old.

I guess overwatch would be a fast game too if certain platforms sent you flying in one direction.

Its mechanics were kinda shitty. I honestly just want a full copy of Tribes Ascend's early beta period, before they started adding all the P2W weapons and capped speed.

Back before they started all those changes to Bella Omega and took it out.

That was some of the most fun I've had in online vidya.

Are you a faggot, user? Free 2D shooter with grappling hooks and grenade launchers. What's not to like?

I wish Hi-rez would've at least released an offline version of assend for players to continue modifying, but they're jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeews.

I'll miss Global Agenda

Its faster than it has been over a decade

penguins arena: sednas world

This, the pussification of modern FPS.

For example, I have met too many people who "just got into" TF2 and have played nothing, NOTHING but Mann Vs. Machine because they "don't want to be stomped by the experienced players" nigga what? HOW FRAGILE IS YOUR FUCKING SELF-ESTEEM THAT A VIRTUAL DEATH AGAINST A HUMAN PLAYER IS THAT EMBARASSING???

If you wanna go semi-fast - play Warframe
Don't give a dime to those jews though

Fuck you, faggot. Where do you think we are?
Overwatch a steaming pile of shit.

Thread theme?

Try reading the rest of his post, smart guy.

tribes was never good fam

kys

what was the name of that upcoming game with some tiny round robots shooting each other?

Diabotical

this
remember when their was 9 or 12 classes (cant remember which) and the only weapons you get are the ones for that class? No unlocks no nothing.
Why do games need a class that goes invisible nowadays? Its a crutch and no one cares.

Implying Taxman won't make Sonic great again.

Overwatch are like Sonic adventure era games or Bioshock Infinite - overrated piece of shit of a game but I frequently jerk of to rule34 of it

What are the main differences between Tribes 2 and Starsiege? I never moved off of Starsiege because I like the modded maps people would host. It was also my introduction to the series when I was some 11 years old so I didn't even bother checking for sequels.

I wish I could tell you but I did not play starsiege, I even found out about tribes 2 too late. Like around 2007 or 2009, can't remember. But if you enjoy big maps, vehicles, flying and fast speeds why don't you give it a try?

Sorry for the shilling but I honestly think tribes 2 deserves more people. I look at all the people who played ascend beta thinking it was some incredible game, for them that was their first proper tribes experience. But it doesn't even come close to tribes 2 classic, and they are missing out because they are too scared of the veterans kicking their asses, or the game not looking technically advanced.

Ah the video just looked pretty much like Starsiege. I wasn't really that fond of Ascend because they removed carrier vehicles and there was something comfy about driving a carrier vehicle with a bunch of heavy suits just spinning around and occasionally launching a mortar.

I know, even in mid air who knows if they will bother implementing carrier vehicles. We still use tanks (2 man) and bombers (3 man), and rarely HAPCs (6 man vehicles), in tribes 2. I actually love vehicle maps so much that it does ruin ascend and midair for me since they have less stuff than tribes 2.

Just looked some stuff up and Tribes 2 was created by Dynamix so I can assume that it's pretty much just Starsiege with some engine updates.

I think it's different, starsiege is a mech game. Tribes 2 is about capturing the flag, defending and attacking assets, and fast combat in air or the ground.

I meant Starsiege: Tribes

Ohhhhh, so tribes one. I thought you were talking about the mech game. In that case, tribes 2 is just tribes 1 with more stuff and an upgraded engine. If you do like carrier vehicles I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy tribes 2 more since from what I played they are used more often in t2 rather than t1.

Neat as fuck, just need the file for the tournament thing.

And the maps if you didn't get them,
Unzip the file and extract the 5 .vl2 files into your tribes 2/gamedata/base/ folder.

t2.branzone.com/scripts/zMap-Packs/AllCompMapPackS8.zip

The tournament thing is here:

sendspace.com/file/28rbs6

I remember playing Tribes Vengeance years ago, is it still alive?

Never played vengeance but I love that video, watched it several times. Also I think people still play it

tribesrevengeance.com/

People in Tribes 2 said Midair is going to have vehicles at some point, but I'll believe it when I see it. I'm pretty sure Midair also only has light armor so far, I've never seen footage of anything else.